2017-01-11 19:03:06
yes
2017-01-11 22:48:27
olof is back based on what?
2017-01-11 16:52:39
Based on an online game.

He's a dumb fanboy, ignore him.
2017-01-11 16:53:56
I dont even like him, but its nice seeing him topfragging again, of course we cant say shit on 1 online match, but still
2017-01-11 16:57:56
http://www.hltv.org/match/2307309-fnatic-g2-dreamh..

'topfragging'

This pretty much sums up olofmeister: getting the credit for the other people's hard work.

This bullshit has to stop, it's just ridiculous.
2017-01-11 17:01:08
top fragged on cache, was second behind dennis.

Your point being?
2017-01-11 18:08:03
You said that he was top fragging. I showed you that he wasn't

I shared my point in the previous comment. He gets a lot of undeserved credit. That's all.
2017-01-11 18:13:28
he was topfragging on cache the fuck you talking about
2017-01-11 18:14:10
This was a BO3 not a BO1. The top fragger is the one at the top of the scoreboard across the entire series, not a single map. That's what I'm talking about.
2017-01-11 19:03:01
yes
2017-01-11 18:25:01
looks like you're a dumb hater.
2017-01-11 18:09:55
How ironic that you're calling me dumb when I have a point and you don't.
2017-01-11 18:13:58
actually i was just pointing out your hypocrisy calling someone a fanboy (#4) when you are obviously a hater, making your opinion equally irrelevant.

and your point is exactly what? that he didnt perform well because someone on his own team outperformed him? now that is a senseless argument if i ever saw one. it doesn't diminish olofm's performance, rather it elevates dennis'. especially considering they had around 1.4 rating both of em.
2017-01-11 18:20:38
So I'm obviously a hater because I have a different opinion? Do you even realize how fucking retarded you are?

Where did I say that he performed bad? Are you trying to make me look like I said stuff just to make your points relevant, or you're dyslexic?

Yes, both dennis and olof had similar stats yet people only talk about olofmeister's performance, despite the fact that dennis had a better performance. I just outlined the fact that people usually tend to do that and ignore the high impact of other players in any of fantic's iterations. Everybody talks about how great olofmeister is in majors despite the fact that flusha is the all-time best player in majors. People talk about olofmeister as superstar yet he's absolute dogshit on this weaker Fantic. If he's as good as people say he is he should definitely stand out more in weaker team than a stronger one. Olofmeister is the only supposed superstar in this situation. S1mple has been nuts on all of his teams. dev1ce has been insane regardless of the state of his team. KennyS was out of this world on the early 2015 Titan and now he seems to be back on track. Flusha is still insane on Godsent despite the fact that the team as a whole is pretty bad. Shox has been insane on all the French teams he played for. Yet olofmeister's performance has gone down once Krimz's form decreased and when the team had split up he went absolutely dark.

I'm not saying that olof is bad, he's definitely a solid hybrid player. All that I'm saying is that he's overrated and if I were to hate on anybody I would hate on his fanboys not him. I'm sick of seeing great players who don't receive the acknowledgement they deserve. Some even get a lot of shit thrown at them as they emerge as superstars: Niko, s1mple, dev1ce, stewie etc are just a few.
2017-01-11 19:01:53
so you call me a retard for calling you a hater but you're ok with saying op is a dumb fanboy for asking a question about whether or not Olof is back? keep your hypocrisy to yourself next time, no need to make everyone else dumber.

you don't seem to realize how you are coming across here. OP asked a very benign question and you drew a conclusion from it. when i did the same to you, you got mad, despite the fact you obviously are much more critical of Olof than he is positive. if you have the right to call him a fanboy, you certainly fall into the hater category.

Olof is overrated? in 2015 i dont think it can even be argued he was the best player, considering stats and accomplishments. last year he was really good initially until the injury. after that he entered into a slump. note that a "slump" for olofm is still something to the tune of 1.05 rating on lans with a combined rating of 1.11 in all of 2016 for big events. not exactly "dogshit" now is it.

with this new lineup they have barely played a real lan yet, so reserve your judgement for a couple of months.

the dennis point is farely obvious to me. dennis has been good for some time now, reallý good in fact, so it's hardly suprising when he performs well. considering Olof has been in a "slump" it is much more interesting if he performs well than dennis, therefore he gets the attention.

2017-01-11 19:47:15
So according to you each time someone calls another person a fanboy, the first person is hating on the other one. What about the self-proclaimed fanboys? Are they hating on themselves or what?

The stats used in 2015 were different from the ones you have nowadays. First of all, the rating algorithm used in 2015 is different from the one used nowadays. If you payed attention, you would see that they call it Rating 2.0. Comparing the 2 ratings is pointless since they're basically different stats. I'm not really sure what they new algorithm is but it uses for instance ADR which is one of the most important stats in order to show how impactful a player actually is. I can't find an ADR or impact chart right now but I'm pretty sure he ranks pretty low on those since I haven't seen people like lurppis highlight him when they were talking about the players with the best ADR. I know for a fact that cold, dev1ce, s1mple, dennis, shox, ScreaM are among the most dominant players as far as ADR goes.

The problem with the stats from 2015 is that they're heavily based around fragging. While olof's ability to frag is undeniable, there are many matches in which Fnatic sturggled to win or even lost while he was on 30-40 bombs which shows that he has a fairly low impact on the game, at least when compared to the amount of frags that he's getting. I forgot to mention that in some of those game Fnatic had the advantage from one end to another and still struggled to close it out. In 2016 analysts accepted the fact that their old stat system was flawed. According to the old rating system for instance, someone with 4 eco frags would have a much better rating than someone who won a 1v2 for instance, though there's no debate as to which one of the 2 had the better impact. They also have a stat literally named 'impact' though I'm not sure how it's being calculated. That wasn't there last year.

So according to the 2015 stats yes he was the best player but keep in mind that the stat tracking system from 2015 was very flawed and apart from entry frags and entry frags per round it had no stat that would fall in the 'impact' category.

And the new Fnatic played like 3 lans after they had like a month to prepare. This new Fnatic is pretty bad, there's no doubt about that. I still think that olofmeister will improve since he got Krimz back into the team, but the fact that he is quite dependent on certain players proves my point that he is not really a superstar.

2017-01-11 20:14:56
i didnt call you a hater only because you said he was a fanboy. it was mostly because of this: "This pretty much sums up olofmeister: getting the credit for the other people's hard work. This bullshit has to stop, it's just ridiculous." which was completely irrelevant and so far removed from the truth i drew the conclusion you were a hater.

your hypocrisy is that you get mad at me for calling you a hater based off more material than you took the liberty of calling OP a fanboy for. since being a fanboy and hater are pretty much equally extreme allthough on opposite sides of the spectrum from one another my conclusion was similar to yours.

WTF does the 2015 rating system have to do with anything? i listed stats from last year, 2016, it's 2017 remember? my point still stands, Olof was only "bad" last year, because he's Olof and more is expected out of him. he was still way above average after his slump (~1,05 rating) and considering the whole year, he was actually good (1.11 rating).

2017-01-11 20:33:26
'in 2015 i don't think it can even be argued he was the best player, considering stats and accomplishments'

You obviously mentioned 2015.

Also 1.05 is fairly low for a superstar player. The fact that he's above average doesn't mean that he's a superstar. And that's exactly my point. He's above average, not a superstar, thank you.
2017-01-11 20:56:24
he was voted the best player in 2015 by hltv and almost all other analysts with credibility for a reason. i will trust them and my own judgement before you, you prove nothing with statements like this:
"The problem with the stats from 2015 is that they're heavily based around fragging. While olof's ability to frag is undeniable, there are many matches in which Fnatic sturggled to win or even lost while he was on 30-40 bombs which shows that he has a fairly low impact on the game"

well he was certainly a superstar in 2015 and early 2016. now, maybe not. he still can regain it though
2017-01-11 21:27:47
Yeah, I explained to you that he was voted so mainly based on frags. I acknowledged the fact that he fragged a lot. What I outlined is the fact that there were almost no stats showing the impact at the time.

You want examples? There you go: Fnatic vs NiP a DH Valencia. It ended 16-14 for Fnatic, even though olof had 40 kills and Fnatic won both pistol rounds and the subsequent 2 rounds in each case. The 2 rounds that made the difference were 2 clutches by Krimz and Flusha (1 each).

His year high 41 frags per 1 map, on Mirage, against TSM. They lost that.

Fnatic vs TSM at the ESL ESEA LAN in summer 2015, Overpass. It ended 16-14 for Fnatic. Olofmeister had around 35 frags though if it wasn't for flusha winning 2 force buys with the CZ by scoring 2 triples (I believe), they would've lost it.

This just shows what I'm saying. He's fragging a lot but the impact frags are made by others. So who's better? The frag machine or the impact fragger?
2017-01-11 21:41:39
it doesn't show anything since you list a few examples out of probably hundreds of games and make extraordinary claims about his impact. ofcourse they are going to lose sometimes even if he's fragging.

how about this stat? Team win percent after first kill 76.7%. or 59 kills in 2 games vs nip in major finals (no ot). or how about when he dropped 37 in a 19-17 win vs lg (finals). cherry picking results or statistics doesn't prove a point, just shows you cant see, or dont want to see the bigger picture.

also, as far as i can tell, none of those games you listed appear in the "big events" category, all mine do. wanna talk about high impact in high pressure situations? talk about olofmeister. even thorin has described him as a big game player. you dont even seem to acknowledge that aspect, the occation.

btw, frags have always been the best way of seeing who's the best, it still is. no point in getting dmg if u cant get the kills.

Post edited 2017-01-11 21:57:33
2017-01-11 21:56:41
I list a few examples that I remember. Am I supposed to list them all? Now you're being hypocrite. 3 important games are more than enough to show a tendency.

I'm not cherry picking. His team win percent after first kill is lower than that of other superstars. Yet again, you're proving my point that he's just above average, not a superstar. Plus that stat can be misleading since entry fraggers will excel at it but it doesn't mean that they're better than hybrid players. Cold has that stat at 78%. Dev1ce at 79.9%. Flusha at 77.5%.

And you must be fucking retarded. DH Valencia was the host event for the Face IT stage 2 which was among the most important tournaments at the time.

ESL ESEA Season 1 speaks for itself.

The loss on Mirage was against TSM at Fragbyte masters which at the was one of the most important lans.

Back in 2015, FaceIT, ESL ESEA, Fragbyte, PGL and Starladder lans were the most important outside the majors, all being attended by the very best teams. Fucking newfag.

The entire Fnatic lineup didn't crumble in big games under pressure. Is olofmeister special for a tendency the whole team has? Yet again, you're proving my point.

'btw, frags have always been the best way of seeing who's the best, it still is. no point in getting dmg if u cant get the kills.' - This just shows that you're a fucking retard. Frags ARE NOT the best way of proving who's the best and that's why they've developed the current stat system, centered around impact frags and ADR instead of the overall frag count.
2017-01-11 22:47:19
leave the insults out, you should be able to keep it civil. it's just a waste of time,you won't get a reaction from me.

what is your position? that Olof never was a superstar? are you saying he was only above average in 2015? if that is the case you don't even have to reply to this because i won't take you seriously. no argument can justify that position. the guy was a consensus nr 1 pick for potyr by hltv and the most credible analysts. that speaks for itself.

the argument whether or not he's a superstar now is legitimate and i will agree with you, rn he's not a superstar. still way above average tho.

2017-01-11 23:48:24
also, this current fnatic lineup have never played a lan tournamnet together. they played with jumpy at eleague.
2017-01-11 20:43:22
Retard..
2017-01-11 18:14:12
Great argument m8.
2017-01-11 19:18:38
yes or yes?
2017-01-11 16:53:47
wether he gets back to full form or not he will be a great player
he doesnt have to get back to being Top1 or Top 3
super intelligent player

his aim is lacking though since his injury
but wont be a problem with fnatics firepower
2017-01-11 16:58:19
actually dillusional af
2017-01-11 17:02:23
noscene norrbagge lol
guleböj, tallefjant

only eskimoo rain
olof wasnt top 3 2015 ? are u kidding?
doplan dennis and twist not OP? u kidding?
2017-01-11 17:06:52
the others are fine, i meant olofm

right now, olofm is average in pro scene, maybe even worse

also, take in consideration, many pros are now getting better, but olofm is only getting worse? he is never coming back to top10 form
2017-01-11 17:10:38
he is not worse than average -.-
he is above average in tier1 scene but not a top 20 anymore
but you are forgetting his lan experience
same with VP, taz and pasha lost their reaction time, still amazing players
on LAN olof will be above average his dipping aim wont be an issue
fnatic have other isues
2017-01-11 17:14:31
You simply said it perfectly :-)
2017-01-11 18:11:36
i wouldnt call this below average. http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=173&statsfilter=28..

2017-01-11 18:11:39
LOL
2017-01-11 20:38:36
Back to sweden
2017-01-11 17:08:07
He's still struggling witgh this new lu.
But he said in a stream that he'll get an offer from nip, he would accept it.

Nip 2k17 -friberg +olof?
2017-01-11 18:10:18
he is playing good, but fnatic still weak =(
2017-01-11 18:12:00
if that's how he plays if he is "back", than he would be the suckiest starplayer of all time

no, he is not back
2017-01-11 18:14:15
same thing was said when he was back from his injury.
2017-01-11 18:22:21
wait for major and DH las vegas. 2 events are a big enough sample size to judge
2017-01-11 18:34:53
Wait 4 LAN
2017-01-11 19:19:09
He'll never be back to his 2015 self after his wrist injury. That's a fact. If you don't believe so, then you're in denial. Love Olof, and he isn't by any means "bad", but he'll in no way be #1.
2017-01-11 21:58:24

Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.