Natus Vincere1TSM2EventMaps / statsoverpass (16:6)cache (8:16)mirage (13:16)OtherDemo - Matchpagemousesports2KILLERFISH1EventMaps / statsdust2 (16:14)mirage (14:16)inferno (16:3)OtherNo demo - MatchpageVirtus.pro2TSM1EventMaps / statsmirage (16:4)inferno (6:16)overpass (16:12)OtherDemo - MatchpageKILLERFISH2Playing Ducks0EventMaps / statsoverpass (16:10)mirage (16:12)OtherNo demo - MatchpageImmunity0NiP2mousesports2myKPV.de0EventMaps / statsinferno (16:3)mirage (16:1)OtherNo demo - MatchpageNiP0fnatic2Immunity2Liquid1EventMaps / statsinferno (8:16)cache (16:13)mirage (16:14)OtherDemo - MatchpageeLevate0Natus Vincere2
After not touching the game in years, Valve has updated Counter-Strike 1.6 with a few tweaks while adding Linux support for the game.
Although the update was initially received with a massive outcry from the community as it broke various aspects of the game, it seems as if most of the glitches it brought over are now fixed.
Valve seems to still be working on the game as they have announced the following updates as Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta, which you can opt in for through properties for the game in Steam library:
• Returned mouse input to using windows messages rather than raw input, this should correct the sensitivity change people have seen
• Added m_rawinput cvar, if set to 1 this enables using the raw input API's on your OS to get mouse input, usually with lower latency but missing the post processing from your OS
• Fixed corrupt HTTP downloads if the url sent by the game server resulted in a 404 error
• Fixed corruption of text input when hitting backspace while composing a message
• Renamed gl_ztrick cvar to gl_ztrick_old, usage of this cvar is deprecated and caused rendering issues
• Fixed mouse clicks sometimes being lost
• Re-enabled a fps cap of 100. You can override this behavior if you want to run faster by setting fps_override to "1" but some mods may not behave properly
• Fixed movement when running at more than 100fps
• Added "speak_enabled" cvar, if set to 0 then the "spk" and "speak" commands are disabled
• Added "edicts" option to liblist.gam file, for use in mods that want more than 900 entities in their maps
• Increased supported entity count in Counter-Strike 1.6 to 1800
Most notable flashes no longer remove fade to black, maximum value of rate is 100 000 and both vertical sync and anisotrophic filtering are controlled via console commands.
Furthermore, the new rendering system which is causing issues to some people can be disabled by setting -nofbo in the launch options, which will revert it to how it used to be.
On top of that, a massive changelog is out for the updates that have already been released over the course of the past two weeks; some of them in beta at first, and others as full updates:
• Converted Half-Life to the new SteamPipe content system, for optimized delivery of the game
• Added support for Mac OS X and Linux operating systems
• Enabled Cloud support for save games
• Improved OpenGL rendering pipeline and output to leverage the capabilities in todays GPU
• Improved support for in-game chat in non-latin languages
February 13 (Beta):
• Don't create the SAVE/ folder on disk unless needed by a game
• Fixed extra temporary files from the save process not being cleared up
• Fixed empty chat messages being allowed
• Fixed using backspace when using say or say_team command with non latin characters
• Fixed mouse offset when running in fullscreen software mode
• Fixed copying text from the game console not getting the last couple of character when doing multiple lines
February 12 (Beta):
• Enabled fully localized chat in Counter-Strike 1.6
• Made keypad enter key submit a command in the game console
• Fixed extra keys causing the console to toggle when using a non-QWERTY keyboard
• Fixed maps list in New Games option not showing all available maps
• Removed cl_rate command, "rate" is the appropriate command to use
• Fixed crash when using alt-tab in software mode
• Fixed crash if you set a bind to an invalid engine key
February 11 (Beta):
• Added ability to override default content. Enable the "Allow custom addon content" option in the Video options dialog and then place that content in valve_addon (or cstrike_addon for CS 1.6 ). This overridden data has all the normal VAC and pure server rules as default content
• Content downloaded from servers now goes into a separate valve_downloads (or cstrike_downloads ) folder, so you can easily clean up unwanted files
• Updated Video options tab to better expose new configuration settings and remove unused ones
• Increased maximum allowed rate setting to 100,000
• Fixed in game chat not using correct characters when using non-US layout keyboards
• Fixed bot column in server browser to show the number of bot players (and not a random image)
• Fixed player column sorted in server browser
• Don't lock the game to the first CPU on your machine under Windows
• Fixed loading config.cfg from the wrong path
• Fixed crash on joining server
• Fixed chat text showing previous line of text sometime in Counter-Strike 1.6
• Fixed fps_max to actually run at that framerate, not 1 less
• Fixed timing function used on Linux to better match system time, reducing frame time variability
• Fixed duck key not dismissing spectator UI in Counter-Strike 1.6
• Fixed cl_minmodels cvar sometimes not being applied
February 8 (Beta):
• Fixed a crash if you had invalid data for a key bind in your config.cfg
• Fixed a crash for older opengl drivers (ones without FBO support)
• Don't quit the game if a server attempt to make you load an invalid model, just disconnect from the server
• Fixed crash on changelevel if save data was not available
• Fixed keypad period key not binding properly
• Fixed crash if you tried to manually force on D3D rendering mode (which is no longer available).
• Fixed hang on server connect if you fail to download some assets via HTTP
February 8 (Beta):
• Fixed auto-complete list in game console jumping 2 entries at a time
• Fixed keypad enter not being a key you could bind in the Options dialog
• Fixed mouse wheel up/down not showing in the binding Options dialog
• Fixed Low Violence mode being applied incorrectly
• Made Condition Zero models being used in Counter-Strike 1.6 (if you own Condition Zero) optional and controlled by the HD Models check box in the Options Video tab.
February 7 (Beta):
• Fixed viewdemo command crashing when run
• Fixed screenshot command crashing
• Fixed HD model packs not loading if available and enabled
• Fixed crash on launch if your graphics cards didn't support FBO's
• Fixed crash on launch under SELinux
• Fixed assorted crashes in Counter-Strike 1.6 due to bad string checks
February 6 (Beta):
• Fixed crash when spectating players
• Fixed config files being written to the wrong folder, they are now always saved to the directory of the mod you are running. For Half-Life 1 this is "valve" and for Counter-Strike 1.6 this is "cstrike". You may lose some settings from this transition if you changed your configuration in the last couple of days
• Don't unpause the game when dismissing the Steam overlay if the game was already paused
• Allow mouse sensitivity to go down to 0.2 (from the previous floor of 1.0)
• Fix say and say_team commands using wrong characters on non-US keyboard layouts
February 5 (Beta):
• Fixed alt-tab not working correctly, the game window is no longer forced on top
• Added "cl_mousegrab" cvar, if set to 0 then the game will not grab the mouse. This may be needed to enable alt-tab with some Linux window managers. You can also add "-nomousegrab" to your command line to disable mouse grabbing.
• Fixed error on launch loading mss32.dll under Windows
• Fixed hang on startup causing a black screen to display on OS X and Linux
• Update Server Browser display to match behavior of Source engine products
February 4 (Beta):
• Fixed keyboard options dialog showing incorrect key names on non-QWERTY keyboards
• Fixed crash when typing in certain unicode characters
• Fixed voice chat sometimes not transmitting properly
• Allowed the toggleconsole command to be properly rebound
• Added option to disable use of HD model packs in Video tab of options dialog
• Fixed mp_fadetoblack not applying after a flashbang is thrown (Counter-Strike)
• Fixed fullscreen software mode rendering incorrectly
• Added cl_min_t and cl_min_ct convar to let you control the model used when cl_minmodels is set, the value of the cvar is the model index to use (Counter-Strike)
• Fixed fans not rotating after being in a level for more than a few minutes
• Added "-nofbo" command line option to let you disable using the new method for rendering
• Added "-nomsaa" to let you disable MSAA effects being applied to the games output, setting "-nofbo" also implies "-nomsaa".
• Fixed not doing the HTTP fast download path if you canceled a download and then reconnected to the same server
• Fixed drowning damage being applied after respawn in some cases
• Fixed malicious clients being able to upload certain new files to servers
• Fixed some scripts sounds not playing
• Made save games cross platform
• Fixed crash when changing video modes under windows
• Removed support for A3D sounds from the engine, this API is not functional on current Windows OS releases
• Removed legacy D3D renderer, assorted OpenGL improvements in the beta make this older API not supportable
• Enabled hud_fastswitch on mouse wheel movement for Counter-Strike
January 29 (Beta):
• Fixed game icon not showing in window title bar and/or dock
• Fixed OK button on Half-Life 1 deathmatch MOTD not being selectable if you ran in a non 4:3 resolution
• Added support for fast HTTP download when getting server assets for Linux and OSX
• Changed full screen render to fall back to changing the desktop resolution if it fails to create and offscreen FBO (useful on older video cards)
• Fixed crash if a game asked to play a sound with a volume that was too high
• Fixed rare crash on startup due to thread race conditions
Currently existing issues with the game include shift toggling caps lock, sensitivity issues and minmodels not working. HLTV.org will keep you in the loop as more updates are released.
if you have anything to add, let me know. after opting into the new beta (properties on cs in steam library, beta tab, opt in) rinput works once again, although only after a few seconds of delay.
I.e. you can actually wait till Valve solves all those.
why it is need?
i cant hear what my teammates are speaking....i am hearing robot like even odd sounds when any player uses mic....any solution?
An idea how to fix this? Anyone?
because after every laptop rebooting settings become to first and i need to do this recomendations again.
Post edited 2013-02-17 06:04:33
They released csgo and randomly decide to update 1.6?
Is this real life?
Can anybody sum up what actually "fucked it up"?
only one more when i enter to the server, roof in the server was red colour... dont know for the other ppl, sry for my english :)
bind "MWHEELUP" "hud_fastswitch 0; invprev; hud_fastswitch 1"
FUCK YOU, VALVE!
My bro does some tweaks with the "common" folder, where he pastes our respective counter-strike folder into it. SO when he wants to play he pastes his folder, and when i wanna play I paste mine.
Is there a solution to this?
But what about people who play in LAN centres, and each PC is used by tens of people. What do we do then?
1.delete current 2013 Half-Life folder or archieve the current 2013 updated cs (cuz mby when valve fix everything u will need it)
2.extract backup2.rar and put it to SteamApps\common\ in steam unpype the updates
3. launch game enjoy 2009 + in SteamApps\common\Half-life\cstrike place u're current config.cfg and userconfig.cfg
link : http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/13536677/file.html
Post edited 2013-02-17 13:31:01
Post edited 2013-02-17 08:47:05
what rKj said it's truth.
valve is forcing us to go for cs:go
no wonder if the same thing happens in source
and you know why ? because cs:go will still be cs:go, 1.6er will never switch ondatshiet and personally i'm glad that 1.6 has been uptated. Once bug will get fix everything will be alright.
I'm just wondering what their answer will be (I don't think it's needed to do the questions to NiP for obvious reasons)
PS: In Portugal, the famous communities used to have their servers full, the whole time. Now, most of them, don't even have half of players as the number before the update was made.
Sry if you don't understand this part
Post edited 2013-02-17 09:39:57
And textures some times get buggy: when I throw a nade to a specific area and does that blackstuff when it explodes on the ground, textures just gets weird as f*ck :S
That's you making stuff up or consequence of the textures/particles bugging out. Nobody touched the recoil patterns.
If Cs 1.6 had the same prize money as CS:GO.
Which game do you think the "PROS" would prefer? Ding ding cs 1.6, do you know why sir? Because CS 1.6 is a more complete FPS game than what cs:go will ever be.
1) cl_minmodels 1 doesn't work
2) can't bind anything to "keypad *"
3) errors with eac: "Enable fullscreen mode"
old 1.60 new 1.5 1.6 1.55 all sucks
or time limit if you dont play 2h csgo everyday then you cant play 1.6.
still gets disrespected and flamed by fanboys who complain about tiny imperfections
cs1.6 fanboys : the douchebags of gaming, along with WoW fanboys , always complain about their games instead of supporting the company to actually do something about it.
I dunno, it feels like only the ones from sauce community are contributing positively to CSGO, like moviemakers, mapmakers..
while 1.6 community, with the exception of HLTVorg and some pros, contribute negatively, like trolling and whining.
However they still bring the numbers so who am I to complain :D
Post edited 2013-02-17 12:47:25
- sensitivity fix,
- fps cap,
- fixed slowmotion when more than 100 fps,
- faster starting and closing the game,
- faster connecting to the server,
- they don't f* recoil etc.
today i had an official game and the server on rr forcen us on 1000 fps and the movement was slow, when i reverted 99 fps it was fine
Post edited 2013-02-17 12:58:58
But they should really fix all the problems caused by this update.
these white things instead of menu buttons, symbol fonts and vgui images.
edit : I have an integrated card.
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
If this is the case...
Post edited 2013-02-17 13:38:47
anyway this is my only problem, nothing else.
Post edited 2013-02-18 08:33:55
need urgent help plz :)
I just dislike the patch very very much and wanna say that Valve killed CS for me - is there anyway to delete this patch and use normal version?
As I said that cs 1.6 is perfect as it is
If they add linux support and after they test the game on Widows op, and they saw, how the game screwed up and even with these bugs they give a GO to the update, that means, they are mad or they would like to an unplayable game...
The game is working flawlessly for me and many others, I suppose that's a bug too? I'm not sure how that fits into your conspiracy though.
It not means, that they shouldn't test their product before release ANY version.
The game is working flawlessly? The game is now a bullshit, movements are strange, menu-screen totally screwed up, there are many response, that game is stucked, or a green screen appear.
And yet we don't talk about the gamplay itself...
If you said, it's flawless, then I don't know, what should I think of you...
Yes. That's the gist of what I said.
"It not means, that they shouldn't test their product before release ANY version."
And bugs making it through does not mean they don't test their game. There's no logic in claiming developer's are conspiring to make people not play their game just because a bug made it into an update. If that was the case, then there's not a single software developer, ever, that wants people to use their product.
Yes, essentially nothing has changed on my setup. Do tell how it's suddenly become flawed when nothing has changed.
after restart of cs again gl_ansio 16
Is rinput.exe useful anymore?
you mad gokid?
competitive 1.6 makes out about 1% from cs players
that's why 1.6 still has tons of players compared to go/source
Post edited 2013-02-17 18:03:30
I can not have the black bars on the side of the screen because the widescreen does not work anymore in 640....
I was playing this game for over 10 years and now valve destroyed the game and I did not even feel like playing.
Valve ruin my favorite game.
I play when I have an hour or two when I have nothing to do in my day, now I'm back battlefield.
FUCK YOU VALVE, LET CS 1.6 QUIET !
gl_vsync 0 fps_max 99 -nofbo in launch options?
fuck you, not fixed lol
Post edited 2013-02-17 21:50:25
Post edited 2013-02-17 22:22:59
lets see what happens after that fix. brb.
fps_max must be set at 99 for movement to be regular, ok nice. 99 = 100 true fps
Post edited 2013-02-18 02:54:05
Someone showed any solution to this error:"microsoft visual c + +, halflife.exe abnormal termination"? I have installed the 2010 x86.
Post edited 2013-02-18 03:57:55
every time i try to load a demo cs shuts down, without any error message.
What to do??
Try any others (older or newer). If you really like the one you already have, remember their version, uninstall them and wait for update fixing the problem then go back to them:)
1600 dpi + 3/11 on windows --> 400 dpi + 6/11
Only me ?
Oh and now in AZERTY for french players :p
compLexity Demo Player update.
I want to watch many splendid demo.
There is not the meaning that I register with this site if I cannot watch demo.
Please I want to update it to watch demo...
after restart 16 again
is this command bad or why to set to 0 i have 0 fps issues
Would be happy if you answer :)
anything done in OS does not work in the game.
like gapa.exe et cetera.
1) I used to use -noforcemaccel & -noforcemparms before the update. Windows sens 4/11 & ingame 1.7. Now after the update my sens are all messed up. Especially the accel. Tried the m_customaccel shit n still dint work. the cvar m_rawinput does not appear in console, and yes i am using the beta version. Please help.
2) Whenever i press duck (leftshift), the sound when you 'use' in cs comes. Is it happening with you guys as well?
3) there is a delay in the nades being released. ??
Post edited 2013-02-19 17:00:59
2) I reinstalled the "classic" models, but cl_minmodels doesn't work, my models aren't all the same. What should I do?
Who wants to roll away CS back before updating here blank copy http://letitbit.net/download/19809.174c55d3e246a85.. .
There is one more copy
the updated Steam with the intact files much helped to solve some problems http://letitbit.net/download/58016.54dc99eaad917d1.. .
as we don't forget to register in Steam->t; Library->t; Counter-Strike->t; Properties->; — to Establish start parameters->; we Add>;-nomsaa -nofbo -refresh75 -mousegrab .
As there is an adjusted cfg for the updated CS http://letitbit.net/download/40696.49a94337451f9d6.. .
Если будут проблеммы с мышкой то прописываем с консоле---if there are problems with a mouse that we register in the console m_rawinput 1 or 0