fnatic0Titan2EventMaps / statsinferno (9:16)cache (4:16)OtherNo demo - Matchpagemousesports2Cloud90EventMaps / statsinferno (16:11)cache (16:10)OtherNo demo - MatchpageVirtus.pro2Nihilum0EventMaps / statscache (16:7)inferno (16:13)OtherNo demo - MatchpageGPlay2Atlantis0EventMaps / statsinferno (16:14)mirage (16:9)OtherNo demo - Matchpagefnatic2CLG0EventMaps / statsmirage (16:6)cache (16:9)OtherNo demo - MatchpageTitan2Luminosity0EventMaps / statsmirage (16:7)cache (19:16)OtherNo demo - Matchpage
Valve has rolled out another update for Counter-Strike 1.6, fixing some of the issues brought up in their most recent updates since the conversion to Linux.
Most notable this update now includes Raw Input, which will bypass your operating system's mouse settings and therefore can be used to get rid of Windows's mouse acceleration.
Valve has also capped fps at 100 once again (although with a CVAR to go above it), added a new functionality for fastswitch and a lower graphics setting in the Options dialog.
Full list of new features that have been added in the newest update is below:
• Returned mouse input to using windows messages rather than raw input by default, this should correct the sensitivity change people have seen
• Added a "Raw Input" checkbox in the Mouse tab of the Options dialog. This button toggles the "m_rawinput" cvar. If selected raw input API's will be used to get mouse input, usually with lower latency but missing the post processing from your OS's Window manager
• Added a "Low video quality" option in the Video tab of the Options dialog. Use this check box if you have an older GPU and want to trade off visual quality for FPS
• Re-enabled a fps cap of 100. You can override this behavior if you want to run faster by setting fps_override to "1" but some mods may not behave properly
• Added support for binding the multiply key on the numeric keypad, the engine bind name for this new key is "kp_mul"
• Added support for binding Windows key, key name "win". Be careful binding this key, your OS may also act on presses from it
• Made keypad enter key activate an item when pressed in the server browser
• Made the "timerefresh" command require sv_cheats be set for its use. This command is for developer profiling and shouldn't be generally used
• Extended hud_fastswitch options. 0 means no fast switch, 1 means switch on both number keys and mouse wheel, 2 means on do fast switch when using number keys
• Added listing of games from the cstrike_downloads folder in the New Game dialog
• Added "speak_enabled" cvar, if set to 0 then the "spk" and "speak" commands are disabled
• Added "edicts" option to liblist.gam file, for use in mods that want more than 900 entities in their maps
• Increased supported entity count in Counter-Strike 1.6 to 1800
• Improved HTTP download performance
• Improved movement when running at more than 100fps
• Removed now unused sv_voicecodec and sv_voicequality cvars
• Renamed gl_ztrick cvar to gl_ztrick_old, usage of this cvar is deprecated and caused rendering issues
Valve has also fixed a wide variety of glitches, most notably viewdemo works once again, left shift presses are now detected correctly and minmodels work again. Full list is below:
• Fixed cl_minmodels not applying after being on a server for a while
• Fixed left shift key presses not detecting properly
• Fixed viewdemo command causing a crash
• Fixed load dialog in viewdemo command not actually loading the demo
• Fixed Player List dialog not allowing you to mute a player
• Fixed crash on restart if you had the serverbrowser active
• Fixed mouse cursor sometimes not appearing when using the spectator UI
• Fixed double entries in the sprays list pulldown under options
• Fixed crash if Windows OS level DEP setting was turned on for all programs and you
ran in software mode
• Fixed spectator UI being truncated when running in higher resolutions
• Fixed downloading of content from servers via HTTP, both if you got a 404 error on one of the links or the file was in the base download folder
• Fixed some commands writing config files to a bad path
• Fixed corruption of text input when hitting backspace while composing a message
• Fixed mouse clicks sometimes being lost
You can see all the updates on Steam's Counter-Strike 1.6 announcements page, where the developers have been posting notes for both Beta and full updates as they become available.
But right now its CS: GO wich is in the spotlight, its something renewing and refreshing (for most ppls), the game is getting better and better. Tournaments are popping up stacked with heavy money like CS glorydays.
Imo the best thing for CS happened right here, its unified like it never was since CS: S saw the first daylight.
CS: GO pretty much saved Counter-Strike as a competitive eSport game, for now, and future looks rather bright i'd say, but ofc none can tell 100% what future holds.
eSport is in big need of a competitive teamsbased first person shooter and Counter-Strike shall always be the one and only in that specific cathegory. Everybody with slightest eSports-intrest/knowledge is fully aware about this...
Post edited 2013-02-20 20:36:12
Post edited 2013-02-20 21:44:48
change ur nickname to "Picture me trollin"
Post edited 2013-02-20 22:23:17
2x more alive than your beloved GO on a bad day.
Post edited 2013-02-20 20:13:33
Post edited 2013-02-21 17:32:15
well, for someone coming from CSS this may be pretty huge :D
"oh mai gad 1.6 never die <3 i hate csgo, so why not comment every csgo news so people know"
Post edited 2013-02-20 22:39:51
Post edited 2013-02-20 22:48:49
Post edited 2013-02-20 23:29:47
I was just pointing out that some of the guys who comment an 1.6 news with "useless update! 1.6 is dead!" where the same people who called CS 1.6 dead in 2011/12 even though it had twice the tournament then GO has now.
I'd rather play Mw3 than csgo
sry sry for insultes
Unfortunately there won't be any -freq command again. :-/
That's the only problem with the updates for me.
like I was using 6/11 2.1 500dpi 600x480 and I wanted to use rawinput but I couldn't make it identical to the old sens..
what's your old to new sens config?
if it came 2years earlier
- destroy 1.6
- buy GO
By the way, check Valve's GitHub for more 1.6 Issues (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues) being fixed. :)
all terrors are leet, cts gign
It is such a piece of shit.
Can you believe it? I opened the game, and when I joined a server is brought some fucking browser window up I couldn't exit, THEN IT SHUT OFF MY USB PORTS AND I HAD TO SHUT MY COMPUTER OFF. How does Counter Strike Manage to do that....?
fps_max 99.5 forces 100.0 fps; 101 will give you 100.5 fps in-game which will slow your movement down.
rate is 100k, but most servers won't probably support it, at least for a while.
and btw did u ever notice the bugs with "oldstyle menus" and _cl_autoweapswitch 0?
-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -nofbo
i still have -noforce commands because for some reason when you launch cs it unchecks the "enhanced pointer precision" setting in windows's mouse settings if you don't have them.
both "oldstyle menus" and "_cl_autowepswitch 0" work fine for me.
have no idea what to do with these vgui menus at some servers and not working autoweapswitch :) maybe the problem is amx
of course they become redundant if you use m_rawimput 1
"i mean the setting in windows literally turns back on if i load up cs without them"
that's exactly why they were created.
So if you weren't using that launch option, CS always activated the Windows mouse acceleration (if it wasn't already activated). Obviously there must have been a function to reset it after you quit CS. Seems like that function got lost now...
sorry for the wall of text.
anyway: we finally got rawimput and that's the best thing that could happen.
Post edited 2013-02-20 22:44:29
and yeah, having raw input integrated is much better regardless.
my guess is the native engine runs in a world of 800x600 since that was the middle res back upon initial release.
when you think about it, 640 takes potential accuracy away while 1024 increases it. any knowledge of this area?
in this scenario a peeking head on 640 would be 3 pixels max. on 1024 possibly 9. if your sen/dpi allows you to move a pixel at a time --- which resolution is closer to the native server res?
e.g. in pub it's gay to have more than 100,
since you can move faster with more fps in cs.
I will try to explain, when i want to turn 180 very fast i cant, its like my fps is 5 or move like robot,when i turn around normal i can, but fast i cant... Eng sucks :D
and I'm assuming cmdrate/updaterate stay at 101?
i believe dlmax is how fast you download new maps, so 512 probably allows for faster downloads everywhere a´la esea (not sure). won't effect your play in any way, though.
And yeah, cmdrate and updaterate are like before the update.
can someone simply write me all commands that makes mouse acceleration off in this moment?
"low video quality" = same as before the updating?
Timedemo with low video quality I gain 20-30 fps more, hitting around the same 1200fps in timedemo as before the updating.
Change gl_ansio "0" - If you want it to look like before the update.
they added gl_aniso "16"
- Cant see the big differences from "low video quality" off and on though.
Post edited 2013-02-20 22:03:33
Post edited 2013-02-20 22:34:07
Errors in the new cs 1.6 (For some people) Green screen, white screen, buggy sensitivity, low fps, easyanticheat falling, locked screen to connect to any server, fps dropping to see a lot smok, and some already coming in with sv very low fps even disabling hd video modes.
This is an interesting update
This key open console when we push it, but this key is not bind ....
please fix this shit !
Valve starts to update - everyone MAAAAD
Valve fixes all bugs and makes the game better - everyone still MAAAAAD
Gj Valve, I like those updates
Post edited 2013-02-21 06:33:24
Post edited 2013-02-21 07:55:54
that means i can use once again the red and blue model colors like i did ?
every cvars and commands works perfectly, game is okay, but:
This is still unsolved for me.
"card" : Intel 82945G
Disabled HD models and vsync
Enabled custom addons
Enabled low video card quality.
or cl_upd 101
Post edited 2013-02-21 16:05:14
Disabled HD models and wait for vertical sync
Could you give me any advise to fix it, and enjoy 100fps like before?
Or maybe my fps have some drops now.
makes alt+tab outta game actually tolerable.
Post edited 2013-02-22 08:16:34
m_rawinput= -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel
and other settings for ATI VID card ?
2:07, i cant put that black bars at the sides
before the update i could with the buttons on the monitor, i have a Samsung SyncMaster 2053nw
help me please, sry 4 bad english