fnatic0Western Wolves2EventMaps / statsnuke_se (8:16)dust2_se (13:16)OtherDemo - Matchpage
The developers of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive have released details surrounding the next update.
The upcoming update will be a big one, according to the lengthy change note that was disclosed earlier today.
With only two weeks until release, pre-ordering the game was made possible as of today. Pre-purchasing the game will gain you access to the beta stage on August 14.
"Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has come a long way since the beta began back in December, thanks to great feedback from beta participants. We have learned a great deal from the beta, and as we move forward the best way we can update Counter-Strike is to start iterating on a live product that can be experienced by the widest range of players" is written on the official game blog.
The below changes will be deployed sometime before August 14, allowing for some time to get ready for the one-week-long and last beta stage, while the game will go live on August 21.
Below is the entire changelog.
- Increased recoil of the AK-47.
- Slightly lowered recoil and increased accuracy of the Famas.
- Increased armor penetration and increased damage of the MP7.
- Increased damage and increased movement speed of the SSG08.
- Decreased accuracy of the Tec-9.
- Increased damage of the UMP45.
- Fixed the “quick switch exploit” that allowed players to bypass slow weapon cycle times by switching weapons.
- Increased the duration of the AWP deploy animation to 1.25 seconds.
- Reduced the strength of the flashbang.
- Berettas no longer shift horizontally when their accuracy changes.
- The SSG08 texture has been updated.
- Added rumble effect to knife.
- Fixed grenades becoming stuck on players or inside them when thrown from within a player volume.
- Changed grenades to bounce more realistically off of players.
- Players should no longer be able to boost off of grenades.
- Reduced the opacity core radius for player standing inside a smoke grenade.
- Update to bot aiming system. Players should see a substantial decrease in the ability of bots to get perfect shots on moving targets, especially at lower difficulty levels. Bots now can react poorly (or well) to enemies that are dodging/strafing, and also must now account for their own movement while shooting.
- Moved the setting of maxplayer from maps to modes in gamemodes.txt.
- Increased Casual money rewards, per Beta feedback.
- The difficulty of the upper tier bots has been increased.
- Updating movement values to community vetted numbers. Thanks Wombo!
Animations and Models:
- Updated the AWP viewmodel firing animation. This was inspired by community feedback that suggested more towards-the-viewer recoil and less vertical recoil.
- Added some recoil to the SSG08 rifle viewmodel firing animation.
- Updated the 3rd person CT firing pose for SSG08. This fixes major shoulder and elbow popping, minor forearm popping on transition between firing and idle while crouched.
Updated the following viewmodel firing animations.
- Desert Eagle
- Galil AR
Added 8 new player models to the game:
- Added full screen windowed mode to video options.
- Removed Quick Match from the Play Menu.
Updates have been made to the Vote UI:
- The vote thumbs and counts now also display on the vote result, so you get a summary of why it passed or failed.
- Now when a vote fails because it was cast recently, we show that warning message before we would show the failure for an individual voter recently casting a failed vote.
- Fixed the result numbers sometimes not showing the very last vote that caused it to succeed or fail.
- The player list is now scrollable when there are more than 10 selectable players.
- Added a new convar – “sv_arms_race_vote_to_restart_disallowed_after” that should be set to the weapon level after which no restart match vote will be accepted. This convar is currently set in GameModes.txt for each of the modes of play, and is set so that a vote to restart will work until someone reaches the knife level.
- Updated the text for the Loading screen hints.
- Updated weapon grind achievement descriptions to match their new values.
- Now when you drop a weapon voluntarily, a message pops up letting you know it was dropped.
- A message stating you cannot drop an item will now display when you try to drop non-droppable items.
- Armor and helmet icons have been updated.
- Updated the hit area for menu buttons that prevents the buttons from flickering between up and over states when cursor is near the left edge of the button.
Updates have been made to the Warmup panel:
- The Warmup panel never comes up if it doesn’t have a value to fill out the number.
- The Warmup panel now properly clears when the UI clears it, so it knows to come back up again when necessary.
- Offline with Bots match set up screen now uses different icons for “Random” map groups based on the chosen game mode (Arms Race, Demolition or Classic).
- Updated the Options menu to use wider text fields.
- Updated the T icon.
Update to the options screen slider control:
- You can now double click the box to select the whole number string.
- You can now put your cursor in the middle of a block of numbers to start editing it in the middle.
- When you are sliding the bar, the number will update as expected.
- Improved the highlight in the Achievements screen.
- Added ability to page through the categories in the Achievements screen using Page Up and Page Down keys.
- Updated the Win Banner to be more in line with rest of UI.
- Added highlight for player selecting.
- Added mute icon.
- Added a Team Switch icon.
- Generalized the “dead” visual state in the scoreboard so the row is dimmed regardless of whatever other states that player is in (previously it wouldn’t dim if for example, you were also dominating that player and they were dead)
- Updated the Vote panel UI to use checkbox/x iconography instead of the thumbs up/down.
- The radar maps were updated for the SE versions of Aztec, Dust 2 and Nuke.
- The Terrorist Buy Zone indicator on the radar image for Dust2 and Dust2 SE has been updated.
- The opening upfront movie art has been updated.
- Added a Join Game Button to the Play With Friends Lobby.
- Increased the font size on Vote result panel.
- Brightened the player outline in the Mini-Scoreboard.
- The Match Set Up screen now hides the arrows in the map navigation panel when the current game mode includes maps or map groups with only one map.
- Fixed issues with the Recently Unlocked Awards.
- The Recently Unlocked Awards panel now uses a time window (currently 5 days) to determine which Achievements to display.
- “Screen Resize” is now labeled as “HUD Resize” in the Advanced Video Settings screen.
- Fullscreen menu screens now have animating background and foreground elements.
- The ‘Team Full’ messages on the Choose Team screen now display longer.
- Spectators will no longer see “Your Team Lost” in the Scoreboard.
- Radio commands are now updated for the new audio commands.
- Overhead alert icon is brighter, a bit more saturated and easier to see.
- Removed “Play Distance” option from the menu and replaced it with HUD scaling bar and viewmodel display position default.
- Added a key bind to ‘Start a Vote’.
- Moved Viewmodel settings to the Game Settings menu.
- Removed delay on death notices.
- Updated colors and bg for readability.
- Increased number of death notices to seven total and made them stick around a tad longer.
- Increased the number of characters before truncating in the death message.
- Player clan name is now shown in the death message and id’s panels.
- Updated Achievement chat colors to current scheme.
- Tweaked death message colors again to bring them closer in line with others.
- A collision model update has been made to props on all maps.
- Reduced foliage prop popping.
- Refined area for the bomb zone area graphic indicators on the radar map.
- Added collision at the bombsite to prevent bomb falling into a crack in the geometry.
- Fixed some terrain seams near bomb site B.
- The planking on scaffolding has been moved so it is no longer a navigation hazard. A physics clip has been added to the upper planks to prevent bomb from being trapped there.
- The Nav mesh has been updated.
- Clipped off microledge on T side of double doors.
- Adjusted collision to allow players to jump cleanly thru windows.
- Clipped the space behind sandbags on center platform.
- Moved spawn points back against wall to help prevent spawn camping.
- Allowed for random spawning between all 20 possible spawn locations.
- Removed a floating bottle prop.
- Fixed a tight collision spot above the van in the tunnel.
- Updated the pillar model.
- “Tunnel Stairs” is now “Long Doors”
- Refined Radar Map Bomb sites A and B image locators.
- Fixed a collision problem at the scaffolding by bombsite A.
- Updated the pillar model.
- Players can now crouch jump through the drive thru window of the bank building.
- Bullet decals now work on the interior surfaces of the safe.
- Fixed a bug where a tree was growing out of a trash pile texture near Logs.
- Fixed a bug where a Bot with the bomb is unable to get out of the fountain at bombsite B.
- Tuned the Nav mesh. Fixed several jump-over-fence issues and the big issue with bots not navigating down from the hostage balcony.
- Changed Italy wine pallet collision type to cardboard.
- Fixed the harsh lighting glitch in Garage near Back Way.
- Fixed the Bots getting stuck when traveling over counter tops.
- Moved the ashtray back into a corner which should fix an issue with the hostages getting stuck when exiting the building.
- Updated the language on the radiation warning signs. Changed ‘radioactiv’ to ‘radioaktiv!’ and ‘Kein Zutritt’ to ‘Kein Zutritt!’
- Updated the Forklift prop.
- Fixed some missing ladder Nav areas to help bots climb up on ends of flatcars.
- Added new ladders to sides of bombsite train cars, adjusted biohazard straps to not be in the way of the middle of the cars. The bomb should now be plantable and defusable in the middle of each car.
- Cleaned up Nav mesh. Deleted orphan areas, fixed bad jumps, fixed stale Nav mesh over missing geometry, and made tops of trains “avoid” areas.
- Fixed a bomb placement bug on shorttrain.
- Added ladders to the middle of each side of the flatcars, added ladder markup, and moved struts out of the way.
- Fixed weird geometry that was floating in mid-air on the flatcar model.
- New Voice Overs added for Terrorist and Counter-Terrorist units.
- Fixed the looping ambience for Lake.
- Players grabbing a hostage, planting a bomb, defusing a bomb, and players close to a bomb that is about to explode now all say something over the radio informing their team of what’s happening.
- Player now brags over the radio when he’s dominating someone.
- Players now cheers over the radio when the win scoreboard is up when the match is won by his team.
- Fixed a bug in the exponential panning mode.
- Added snd_headphone_pan_mode and snd_speaker_pan_mode convars that specify using 0 = exponential, 1 = equal power, 2 = GoldSrc (trigonometric) for both headphone and speaker monitoring situations. This differentiation is important for setting system defaults and we may even consider differentiating surround circumstances as the speaker positioning does.
- Split front/rear speaker position options for stereo versus surround. In CS:GO, stereo speaker configurations are going to want the broadest range of positional data, whereas surround systems should default to 45 degree corners, which gives both resolution and sensitivity. Adding these was largely so we can supply the best default settings possible.
- Default panning method is now based (again) on an exponential curve but with an adjusted 1.22 exponent. This not only makes for less inter-speaker blurring but was determined to be the flattest xfade response in decibel level testing. Equal power remains as an option.
- New convar options have reasonable doc strings.
- Added snd_speaker/headphone_pan_radial_weight, which applies the “GldSrc” stil cosine weighting but weighted by this float convar. this allows for 1.6 style side weighting but with the exponential center weight allowed by exponential mode.
- Removed all dsp from first person weapon sounds.
- Added burn damage sound entry start operator to block subsequent damage sound for 1.0 seconds.
- Re-authored the footsteps, they are overall louder, both first person and third person, third person being louder than first. More distinct heel impacts with a raise in the high and mid frequencies (less mush), equipment part of the mix is a little lower than previous so as to let the ear concentrate on the footfall, but can still be heard.
- Fixed a bug with the weapon shell eject effect. The highest-quality level of the effect (which usually accounted for the first three shots fired in a sequence) was using some complicated stuff for the shell bounce that was inadvertently sending the shell flying off in wrong directions at high velocities. The bug was observed on the AUG (rifle shell), but was also present on several other types of shell ejects.
- A bunch of hit impact effects have had some of their previous POW restored.
- Blood impacts are less randomly angled and more obvious overall now.
- Updated tracers speeds.
- r_drawtracers_firstperson is now visible and archived and fixed.
- Smoke grenade effect now has reduced draw order issues.
- Smoke grenade effect no longer has a great disparity between the screen fog effect and the world fog sprites.
- Reduced the length of time the particle smoke/dust lasts after an HE grenade explodes.
- C4 explosions now have a core explosion that happens right at the bomb itself (so it doesn’t look odd when you are spectating or defusing it when it goes off)
- Spectators and observers now have a significant reduction in flashbang effect done to them.
General Bug Fixes:
- Fixed player interrupting another player defusing the bomb by walking in front of them.
- Fixed player names running too long in the call vote kick player panel.
- Fixed a bug in Arms Race where switching teams put a bot in the Spectator team.
- The G3SG1 model now has the safety switch set to ‘F’.
- The Galil AR model no longer has the light burn on the side plate.
- Fixed issue that let the player crouch and slide around with C4.
- Fixed the penetration code checking a minimum distance of 2 feet after the first impact for the next impact to happen (this fixes surfaces getting ignored if the first wall penetrated was less than 2 feet think – which is pretty common)
- The material blockbullets_cs now completely blocks bullets regardless of penetration.
- Maximum penetration distance has been reduced from 10.6 feet to 4 feet.
- Fixed a bug in Demolition mode where bonus grenade rewards were being called out as achieved but not always given.
- Fix for bug where a spectated player with the AUG/SSG zooms in, the spectator sees the muzzle of the weapon.
- Fix for z-fighting on Phoenix arms at the wrist on the left side that occurs when carrying the knife and looking directly upwards.
- Fixed the radio “!” showing up above your own head when you issued a radio command – still shows over other players/bots heads.
- Adjusted color of the overhead “!” radio icon to match the HUD scheme.
- Restricting ‘The Cleaner’ and ‘Ballistic’ achievements to classic mode. Updated description strings to reflect that.
- Restricting ‘Friendly Firearms’ achievement to classic modes.
- Restricting ‘Base Scamper’ to Arms Race mode.
- Fixed incorrect Arms Race achievement descriptions.
- Fixed a message displaying that you can’t plant bomb if you had the C4 selected and used anything (door, etc).
- Fixed the C4 button press beeps continuing to play if you started arming the bomb and got killed.
- Fixed the bad max value for zoom sensitivity in the options screen.
- Removed the custom bind for the Zeus in the options screen. Moved knife/Zeus bind down with the rest of the specific item binds.
- Warmup mode will no longer happen in an offline match now.
- The game won’t ignore spectators when deciding to end the Warmup round.
- Fixed the Demolition gun progression panel not showing up if you were controlling a bot at the end of the round. Also fixed the progress displaying incorrectly.
- Clicking on the slider bars in the options screens will now change the slider value as expected.
- Fixed a button/popup conflict occurring upon selecting “Restore Defaults” option.
- Fixed the audio reset option not persisting.
- Fixed a bug where exiting the video settings screen applies your changes even if you click “no”.
- Fixed a bug where mouse dragging on an option menu slide control resulted in the control being highlighted but not responding to left and right keyboard commands.
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to apply settings changes in options menus using controller.
- Fix for first person view weapon not showing up when spectating in Arms Race.
- Fix for Safehouse and Shorttrain Map Veteran Medals not working.
- Fixed revenge count achievement not progressing in Demolition mode.
- Fixed a case where the Arms Race message, “Alert – You are the new leader” was displaying in Demolition mode.
- Fix for the Friendly Firearms Achievement being unattainable. It could not be unlocked if the weapon was not purchased that round. Now the game tracks the prior team ownership when a weapon is dropped. This enables the game to know if a weapon was ever owned by a given team. This value is now used to determine if and when a kill is made with a weapon that once belonged to the killed player’s team.
- Fix for friendly fire messages not including the (BOT) prefix.
- Arms Race now shows the correct next weapon when you start a new game.
- Fixed case where if your vote failed previously, you wouldn’t get the vote button strings on the next vote cast by another player.
- Fixed potential bug where some players wouldn’t get a voting dialog panel when others cast a vote.
- Fixed the Taser range to target indicator where the reticule changing from Green to Red didn’t match the actual range of the Taser.
- Fixed losing mouse focus when in the Achievements menu while a map change occurs.
- Fixed the Radar line of sight being unaffected by doors.
- Fixed the player being unable to see the radar icon for the bomb they dropped if they took over a bot.
- When scrambling teams during Demolition Mode gameplay, we now reset the game data when the round restarts.
- Fixed third person weapons not animating.
- A fix was made to ensure the [E] Takeover Bot navigation hint is not displayed on the spectator menu inappropriately. It was shown when you changed teams mid round, even though you couldn’t actually take over the bot.
- Fixed a performance issue caused by changelevel being invoked twice after a change level vote.
- Fixed a crash that would allow a server operator to crash clients with bad vote commands.
- Fix for the vote UI not sorting to the background when the user opens the buy menu.
- Fix for the Call Vote popup disabling the Left and Right arrow keys.
- Fix for the Voting UI putting mouse focus back to the game while team select screen is open.
- Fix for not being able to vote while the achievements screen is up.
- Fix for a scenario where stepping into molotov fire sometimes turns the screen black. Reduced opacity of screen-space smoke effect at the molotov’s core from 1.0 to 0.75.
- Also removed some extraneous tings from the molotov explosion and reduced the lifetime on the molotov inferno’s embers, which were artificially enlarging the effect’s bounding box.
- Fix for bound key picking the wrong grenade.
- Dropped weapons fly slightly more upwards when thrown from a dead player
- Fix for some MVP issues. The game still disallows controlled bots being the MVP, but players are allowed to be chosen MVP. This fix displays the player name correctly as well as allowing players to be selected even if they’ve taken over a bot.
- This also fixes Top Kills being broken when you take over a bot.
- Hostages break glass that they touch now. This fixes hostages in cs_office getting stuck trying to run through the big panes of glass sometimes.
- Tightened tolerance for CSBots to defuse the bomb. Fixes edge cases where bots think they are close enough to defuse, but are not so they stand there like zombies.
- Fixed the ragdoll force being too high.
- Fixed the Buy Menu inventory not being populated or correct when you first open the buy menu.
- Fixed the preview panel in the Buy Menu not showing preview data (can buy, owned, etc)
- Disallowing five achievements in Arms Race because they did not make sense or were too easy to unlock for that game mode.
- Fixed a bug where your inventory display wouldn’t get updated properly in some cases when you took over a bot.
- Fixed a bug where a bot was issuing the wrong radio commands after the new radio code implementation.
- The game will no longer show a “Game Commencing” message when the game starts.
- Fixed a bug where last known nav area could stay permanently NULL due to a bad traceline on displacement terrain. We now trace from the player’s WorldSpaceCenter() downwards instead of their GetAbsOrigin() (their feet).
- Fixed bug with CNavMesh::GetNavArea() that would return NULL if a nav area was below the ground at all. It now allows for StepHeight (18 unit) tolerance below ground. This was causing CSBots to sometimes go “zombie” and stop moving, particularly at spawn at round restart.
- The game no longer shows “Rounds Left” in the scoreboard when playing Arms Race.
- Fixed the game mode label having a ” – ” in the Scoreboard.
- Fix for bug in de_train where shooting while strafing + crouching on the green dumpster prop causes unintended behavior.
- Fix for errors and warnings console spew in de_inferno.
- Fix a race condition in the main menu animation if you enter a submenu and immediately cancel out of it while the main menu is still closing
- Fixed case where the earned Achievements in the Win Panel wouldn’t clear their images so if you earned multiple Achievements in one round and only one in the next, the ones you earned in the last round would still show on the panel.
- Fixed a memory overrun when a second controller was connected.
- Fixed ‘One Shot One Kill’ awarding based on second bullet kills.
- Changed ‘Medalist’ to award after 100 medals instead of requiring 100% completion.
- Fix for a bug where pulling the network cable on your PC while ingame eventually triggers Steam signout, taking you back to the main menu.
- Fixed issue where we were displaying the raw map name before transitioning to it when the match ended. This was also fixed in the vote panel.
- Fixed HE Grenade/ molotov not recording kill stats.
- Fixed linux DS crash – for pc, we show the raw map name in the chat when we announce the next map just like we used to because we can’t assume we know that map name has a localized token.
- Fixed logic bug that would not correctly cancel-out splashes when the player was running.
- Fix for duplicate game instructor messages displaying when rescuing the hostages.
- Fix for target ID over a player displaying default “target area” text.
- Fixed the thin lines showing on the target IDs before the first time they were filled in.
- Changed “War Bonds” Achievement to $50,000 earned.
- Fix for bug where user is spectating through the POV of a recently disconnected/quit player, they will be able to see out of world once their character despawns.
- Fix for a bug where opening the Scoreboard while in the Choose Team screen shows a camera view of the map floor.
- Update to Awards screen to fix confusing flashing awards.
- Fixed vote success panels showing bad result data if a vote was cast for the other team only.
- Fixed slow orbiting camera movement when using a controller in 3rd person spectator camera view.
- Fixed a performance taxing bug where some icons were getting destroyed and recreated each frame if you were a terrorist on a hostage map.
- Fix for auto-disconnect message in the HUD going away permanently when the game is paused.
- Fix for player being unable to hear knife deployment sounds when deploying the knife while standing on certain properties.
- Fix for deploy sound for knife not playing when secondary weapon is dropped.
- Fixed a bug where a player would connect late to a dedicated server when the warmup period was already in progress but wouldn’t see the warmup panel at the top of the screen.
- Fix for voting failing with 6/10 simple majority.
- Fix for the Current World Ranking leaderboard mouse over region for individual rows being too large. This caused the incorrect row to be selected while clicking or moving the mouse around the screen.
- Fixed bots exclaiming at the start of a round whatever state they were last experiencing when they died or at the end of the previous round.
- Fixed a bug where the player was able to switch teams over and over and take control of bots in a game session on a dedicated server.
- Fix for a bug where a hostage appeared illuminated on the radar after it was killed.
- Fix for incorrect game settings description displayed in loading screen when connecting to a map.
- Fix for bug where bot takeover in the middle of a grenade throw results in an extra grenade.
- Fixed two edge-case crashes for bot takeover when the bot has no weapons.
- Fix for bug where throwing grenades on certain slopes will result in them slowly skittering down the slope rather than coming to rest and exploding.
- Fix for a bug that made it possible to throw smoke grenades in such a way that teammates can enter the smoke radius without seeing or hearing the smoke, completely immune to its effect.
- Fixed the brightness value slider showing values from highest to lowest.
- Fixed SECOND and SECONDS in the “match is restarting” alert being hard-coded and not localized.
- Reworded the description of “First Things First” and “Target Secured” Achievements to match what the code expects you to do to achieve it as they were perceived as unawardable.
- Fix for scenario in Demolition mode where after killing an opponent the bonus grenade pop up or next gun pop up will block the user’s reticle hindering aiming.
- Fixed bomb planted instructor hints showing up for a frame and then going away most of the time.
- Removed account balance requirement from the “Killanthropist” Achievement criteria.
- Fixed new modulated decal art not having enough contrast to make it work with the modulation shader and made a bunch of decals really hard to see.
- Fixed cl_spec_mode not saving the player preference so it always reset you to the default spec option.
- First person spectator is now the default for all modes.
- Fixed throwing weapons landing too short or too high.
- Fixed case where if the viewmodel gun barrel traced through a solid object on its way to the impact point, the tracer would interpenetrate that object and make shooting feel off or fake.
- Fixed dlight muzzle flash being in the wrong spot (the attachment points on viewmodel never return the proper world position).
- Fixed the Scoreboard delay that prevented fast toggling.
- Fixed the Scoreboard getting stuck in a toggle state if you weren’t alive.
- Fixed the whole screen going blurry when the bomb exploded if you were not killed by that bomb.
- Fixed HUD scaling getting stomped by the play distance convars (which aren’t used anymore).
- Fixed the cl_showloadout convar not getting respected if it wasn’t actually toggled in that session.
- Flashbangs now make a scorch on the ground to show where it went off.
- Dropping the connection to Steam shouldn’t drop you to front end on PC/Mac, whether you’re in an offline or online game now.
- Dedicated server now sends mapgroupname so the client has the proper mapgroupname to send back to DS.
- Setting your sound configs to default now sets your speaker option to the optimal setting based on what windows is set to.
- Fix for when a player is locked into a controller on pc not being able to use the chat.
- Fixed right edge of death message sticking off end of the safe area.
- Fixed regression that was preventing Achievements from being announced in the chat channel.
- Fix for the background around chat not accommodating very long lines of text.
- Fix for CT bots in Lake standing on the kitchen counter, attempting and failing to go through a window.
- Fix for bots in Train getting stuck on a ladder.
- Fix for bots in Nuke jumping on crates for many seconds.
- Fix for the game instructor “plant bomb” hint being displayed twice in bombsite B of Train.
- Fix for a bug in the Buy Menu where the first time the buy menu is opened, all categories are grey (indicating available) when some items should be red to indicate that they are not affordable at that time.
Post edited 2012-08-07 23:56:29
How exactly do you think they became informed of all the bugs listed above that have been fixed? They haven't all discovered by the small team of developers have they you fool.
And did you even glance at the changelog above before starting to spew your idiocy?
"Updating movement values to community vetted numbers. Thanks Wombo!"
"Increased Casual money rewards, per Beta feedback."
"Updated the AWP viewmodel firing animation. This was inspired by community feedback that suggested more towards-the-viewer recoil and less vertical recoil."
Try not to be a complete moron all your life.
so yeah, you're a blind fanboy.
Post edited 2012-08-08 04:39:45
did your neighbours have told you so?
and yet, you seem to be a personal friend of lurppis and those guys
the only times they post on the CS:GO section is to reply to some bug reports, they don't care about feedback when it comes to the balance of the game.
Lmao we both know that it's not true. I've been spending a lot of time on the steam forums, and everytime i saw your nickname, you basically bashed the game and your only feedback was "make it like 1.6"
I agree I bashed the game on silly topics but I also opened some popular discussion topics that were well received by the community. Yet, in all that time I've spend posting there I haven't seen a single dev posting on a FEEDBACK THREAD.
Post edited 2012-08-10 17:44:48
and you are just talking without any information, they've never balanced a map, they only fixed a few bugs that no one cares about cuz the Valve maps are just terrible.
Stop blindly stating things that are incorrect.
anyways, Volcano said they are not listening to their feedback, he didn't say he wasn't speaking to some developers, even whisenhunt who is not even a pro player has contact with some of the developers.
a custom map (non official map) is not related to Valve hearing the community, FYI there have been more than 50 custom maps released by the community only on the official forums. it means that Valve has been involved in the developed of every single one of them? if you think yes then you are a very naive person.
You didn't talk about balancing the game.
And they have been balancing it per community feedback so I don't know what on Earth you're talking about.
As I said, the map was made by Volcano with HELP from Valve and HPE. I don't see what you cannot understand but they worked TOGETHER, so I think valve is listening a fair bit.
If you actually read this changelog you'll notice that a lot of what has been changed has been because of FEEDBACK from people on the steam forums.
and I never said that valve monitored every custom map? That would be stupid. Maybe you should read my posts instead of trying to be so high and mighty. It is balancing the game because the MAP becomes MORE balanced. You're being naive by thinking that a more competitively viable version of a map, that has been in the professional cycle for 12 years, isn't helping the game. Thanks.
Dont feed troll man. Hes lost look at every his single post. Only crying about GO lol SC2 cos 1.6 cant be a serious challange to em...
He knows nothing...
Post edited 2012-08-08 06:21:41
rofl, you youngsters are trully naive. first of all they've never balanced one of their classic de_ maps, so they are not balancing the horrible Source-like maps. you know you are lying.
the fact that Volcano received some help from a guy from Valve/HPE doesn't mean a thing, Valve is doing nothing for the community by themselves and Volcano's map won't be an official map.
No one is asking them to monitor every single feedback topic but at least do it sometimes, they haven't done it once. But they keep saying that some changes are "per community feedback" when they are not replying to at least discuss some ideas with them.
This update might be big but it is not complete to what people has been asking since the beginning, for everyone who has been in there for at least a week its a fact that no one likes maps with fog and bullet traces fooling around.
dunno why is that Saucer people are always aplauding Valve for making dumbed down games, I honestly don't think you guys will ever be respected in esports.
TL:DR mainly for the Saucers reading this:
I've spent 3-4 months discussing and posting about balance in the CS:GO forums. The only times devs post on the CS:GO section is to reply to some bug reports, they don't care about feedback when it comes to the balance of the game. So says anyone trying to make CSGO a better game, lurppis, Volcano, whisenhunt, etc, etc. So my little friends from the UK are spreading lies.
Post edited 2012-08-08 19:00:08
"No one is asking them to monitor every single feedback topic but at least do it sometimes, they haven't done it once."
READ THE CHANGELOG.
You're just an idiot.
By the way, I'm not lying at all, I have better things than to come on here and lie to people. I'm simply an advocate of the new game because I believe it's the way forward for competitive FPS. But you, judging by your posts, are simply another dumbass who frankly, doesn't deserve to be in the next generation of FPS eSports.
if you take your time to go to the CS:GO forums and see how unpleased the beta testers are maybe you will stop hoping CS:GO is the game that is going to make your 20 man community more noticeable.
Valve screwed the CS community again by creating another half-assed and butchered game to please the hordes of casual gamers, console gamers and CS:Source/Valve fanboys because they know the 1.6 scene is bored of their attempts of reinventing the wheel.
btw, CS:Source died with the CGS, the same will probably happen with CS:GO because it will be full of people like you. CS:Source is not more than a joke for the eSports scene and so is its community.
Post edited 2012-08-08 22:09:17
And 1.6 isn't dead?
I went on Promod today, I like the game. But there's no publicity behind it whatsoever. GO overshadows it by a mile.
This game is the most community-based FPS ever created (most likely), you're just a 1.6 fanboy. I will not reply to anything else you post, due to the fact that you have no real evidence to back up your statements. My evidence? This very newspost. Look at the changelog, read it, and then call this a half-assed game.
Wrong by a country fucking mile
Warsow has been in development for how many years? It's another CSP.
I wasn't wrong at all about GO if that's the case.
I don't know how you can call a game a community based one, if they have only just released v1.0 after seven years of development. Yeah that's REALLY caring about the community right there.
Post edited 2012-08-07 23:50:14
and 1.6 players have a huge advantage when it comes to skill compared to source players
Post edited 2012-08-08 10:53:17
However, with the handicapped game mechanics in mind I don't see why I should play it with keyboard/mice instead of a controller.
As it stands, we all know little regarding the strategic gameplay of GO, making it the harder game. So I don't understand what you're getting at. CS 1.6 has been around for 12 years, nothing is new, that's what I call handicapped game mechanics.
Just because you haven't explored it yet doesn't mean it is a hard game.
1.6 is a harder game in every single aspect.
Considering hardly any teams have proper strategies for any maps, and the fact that it's much harder to get off a 5man in GO than it is in 1.6, yes, it is the harder game, specifically because it's new and people aren't used to it. I see no flaw in this logic.
Again, 1.6 is twelve years old. I'd like to see you do as well on GO as you supposedly do on 1.6 if GO is so easy.
Football is a old game. Would you consider beerpong the harder sport because the best throwing technique isn't discovered yet?
Post edited 2012-08-08 21:49:36
Post edited 2012-08-08 00:27:03
Let's contrast this with SC2. Most of the SC community had a very smooth transition to SC2 simply because the game was good enough. It's different, yes, but it's good enough. (Let's avoid the whole KeSPA drama, that was completely unnecessary). The problem with CS:S was that it was a fucking mess when it was first released and it took Valve aeons to fix it. They had their shot with this. They fucked up and now they're facing the consequences.
I'm 24, just finishing my studies and starting work in 5 weeks. There is absolutely no incentive for me to start to learn a new game now on the premises that it COULD at some point become good. I want to come home after an evening at the pub and shoot a couple of people in the face after my girlfriend goes to sleep. 1.6 delivers perfectly.
And honestly, graphics are overrated. I have a monster of a PC but most of the time I'm playing classics - Civ 3, Fallout 2, 1.6, etc. Very few new games these days deliver in terms of gameplay (one notable exception: DX:HR. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It was so good that it even killed the original for me, which was one of my favourite games of all time. Why couldn't Valve do the same?) In terms of gameplay: 1.6 = king.
Anyway, rant over.
tl;dr: GO suxuxuxuxxx zofmgrofl
The community are the only one with any consequences, and the fragmentation is a result of 1.6 players dismissing CS:S altogether. I don't think saying it was completely broken is an excuse, it was a new game, and yes some fixes took a long time, but it was by no means unplayable, people just claimed it was because it wasn't 1.6 and they couldn't immediately retain the skill level they had on 1.6, plus 1.6 was the game they originally fell in love with, and as a result didn't want to leave behind, it's not a case of CS:S being good enough, the fact is no game would have been good enough, because 1.6 players just wanted 1.6 and weren't willing to express an interest in anything else. The 1.6 scene continued to thrive for a long time because of this mass lack of adoption, but there's no doubt that it's the community that fragmented itself, not Valve.
Now we face the same situation, where the 1.6 and CS:S players play the role previously played by 1.6 players when CS:S was released. At the end of the day there's 2 options, we be stubborn again because the new game doesn't feel like the one we're good at, and the community fragments further, 1.6 will be killed off completely in terms of competitive play, CS:S will last a little longer but soon follow the same path. Or, the majority of the community can suck it up and support the game and continue to allow eSports to grow with a counter-strike FPS alongside it. And to be honest people would adapt and soon enjoy the game too if they just kept an open mind. For you, just playing some CS at night obviously playing some 1.6 suits just fine, but the portion of the community that it still playing competitively really need to try and give CS:GO a fairer shot (so many people have already sworn off ever playing CS:GO completely and the game is only in beta for christ sake).
Unfortunately whilst the CS:GO community will soon be the most active, the community will remain quite fragmented because let's face it, cs players, both 1.6 and CS:S (particuarly 1.6 though) are just stubborn as shit.
Post edited 2012-08-08 15:08:36
You are really overstating this whole stubbornness thing. I have played CS:S on many an occasion and I simply don't find it half as fun or rewarding as I find 1.6. I cannot state this enough. I will not play a game that I don't enjoy for your sake. And it's not a matter of 'giving it time.' The things that I dislike by the game will not be fixed by time. Also, I play games for entertainment purposes. I don't want to be grinding behind my monitor, hoping that an action would instantly become fun. Take CoD:WaW. I tried that game and fucking loved since moment one. Not as good as 1.6 and definitely different but at least I have something to play with my friends. I didn't need any "coming to terms" with this game in order to start liking it. What it does, it does well.
In the end if you want ME to switch to a different product then the onus is on YOU to justify why I should make the switch - and the justification should be better than "just because it is new and shiny." This has nothing to do with me being stubborn. I don't switch to new games whenever they come out. I play the ones that I know, am good at and which get it right. I see absolutely no justification for switching to a game that I consider inferior in hopes that it would grow on me.
Also, the community element. Don't mean to be rude but just to demonstrate the point - I give absolutely no shit about you, who you are or what you do. Just like I don't care about a single poster in this thread. I am a part of this community because I share with others here a common passion for a particular computer game and I come here to discuss this game with others. I will be a part of this community for as long as I have this passion and once it is no longer there, everyone here could dive under a tractor for my purposes.
And please stop talking about 1.6 like it's the perfect competitive FPS title, it's great, the hitboxes etc. are spot on, but it's not perfect by any means. This is a game where not only are ridiculously thick walls penetrable, walls that should be too thick to shoot through, but the damage that can be done through them is way too high (can basically awp through the entire nuke facility for christ sake), and have you ever taken a step back and actually thought about how badly designed the grenades are? Like I say, you're just used to these things, it doesn't make them correct or the best they could be.
Anyway this is boring.
As for 1.6 - I don't consider it a particularly realistic game so lack of realism is not an issue for me. I actually quite like the wallbang mechanic. It definitely keeps the stagnant map pool interesting forever. Also, what don't you like about the grenades?
And I'm not whining about the fragmentation of the community, how many times do I have to tell you, I'm just stating the facts, if people (not me, people in general for the last shitting time) want to see a CS title in eSports in the future then a large amount of people, whether from the 1.6/CS:S communities or new users, will have to play and support the game, otherwise there will be no CS title at big events. If people want CS to continue in major eSports they should pitch in and support, if they don't care, don't.
And again, like I've already said at least bloody once or twice, no follow up version of counter-strike would have ever won you over from 1.6, no matter how good, because it would always have been and felt different from 1.6, and let's face it, nearly this whole community clings to 1.6 like it's glued underneath their chastity belt, nothing will prise them away.
I'm not attached to this game or anything - maybe play a couple of times a week, often don't touch it for weeks (my longest break was over 2 years long).
I'll switch when the next best thing comes along. Other than that, I find the concept of switching... illogical.
Where were you?
When have you been in Turkey? Middle of July?
May be next time? I have a feeling that you will come back to Alanya/Antalya again. =)
Still disappointed they haven't mentioned much on the Spectate front currently, but I'm sure theres more to come :)
edit: its just my opinion^ I cannot bhop good in csgo, and it isn't as fast AT ALL when compared to the top end speed of running, for me atleast.
*cough* realism! would be funny to see console players bhop...
Post edited 2012-08-08 00:35:04
Please dont delete this foxj>ALL
Post edited 2012-08-08 00:34:11
no tracers anymore, better movement (closer to 1.6, community helped them) , better sound (also some updated techniques of 1.6 to realize directional sound), footsteps are louder, fixed flashbangs, new models added, fixed deathnoticetime (now without delay), changable viewmodelsize to adjust your weaponposition and so much more adjustments...
dont be upset because of the maps...the community is already working on competitve versions, remakes and whole new maps. valve announced the steam workshop for CS:GO, which will support the mapper-community to share their maps and add them directly into the game. CS 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 wasnt perfect, too..so give them some time to fix bugs and add features.
just remember the good old times; 200k players, 1 community, gathering through the whole night, lots of publicservers and new tournaments...it would be so awesome to see CS:GO as the #1 FPS in esports with ONE huge community...its the source-engine, so you have to readjust in some things, but as i said: cs 1.6 is dead and there will be no other similar game in the future.
why promod cant attract new players aswell?
I dont see any arguments from you for that question , it's just a better game compared to CSGO in a competitive meaning , and that what counter strike is made for : competition ; not some shitty Call of duty gameplay that CSGO have and uses the "Counter strike" name to make you think of 1.6 which this game IS not.
Anyway tbh I hardly belive in promod aswell , lets imagine if only blizzard would make an esport fps , everyone would jump on it , doesnt matter if the game is good or not.
Same thing happening with valve , they are just using the CS name to promote it knowing it wont target 1.6 players ... DAFUQ?
Pure marketing move , shit on the players then make as musch money as possible , and you really believe this company is going to improve the game itself to make it better for competition?
Nop , they cant care less...
but whatever cant expect much from a CSModernWarfare fanboy.
he isnt fan boi just realized the reality what u clearly refuse.
haters gonna hate. cya
1. CSP Team - no offence to them. They surelly did awesome job with what they have. But its far away from enough.
I took so long before 3 years it could be a succes but now ? CSP is more than 5 years in development. Five fucking years, it was canceled then it started again.
2. GO is much more interesting for new players than CSP - WHY : Becose even when CSP is far more longer developing game than GO. Theres no chance that a guy who barelly know counterstrike would know CSP, they would rather know GO.
3. GO has a bigger potential - maybe it isnt better than CSP right now. BUT AS U CAN SEE VALVE IS DOING MORE JOB IN FEW MONTHS THAN CSP TEAM IN A FUCKIN YEARS.
4. PR - i think that this is the biggest fail of CSP. Cos there absolutly none. CSP team can do a fuck to push their game or help it to become esports title. Valve easily can.
and i could continue .... but i think that u got my point. Try to find some positives for CSP. And no that it has a better gameplay is absolutly pointles, cos game which will play 10 people overall just wont be an esports even if it has best gameplay ever created.
One more thing why do u think that many pro players from css and cs16 already started playing GO instead of CSP ? cos maybe they are not so blinded and they see that CSP just cant be a succes. After 5 fucking years there arent even any indicators that it could be next counter strike.
Post edited 2012-08-08 13:10:48
To give you an example the whole ESC team said LOL is way better than CSGO and the majority switched anyway , do you still think they have fun playing this trash game for 14 years kiddos like you ?
Nop , it's just all about tournaments and money , welcome to the real world , mummy cant care for you once you are +25 you gonna realise it soon , peace ^
"ESC said that lol is way beter than go" - And yet neo said before 2 days that hes started play CSGO.
"its all about tournaments and money" - And yet u still promoting CSP over CSGO. Even that its more than obivious that CSP cant even succes in that way.
And even when its all about money. Why do people even play cs lol even a fucking Dota2 with 1mil tournament looks like a complete shit compared to SC2. Ye thats right Only GSL 900K/year and that is a 1v1 game. So if u wanna compare prizemoney u should probably *5.
Then by ur logic why do even people play those fuckin shit games like cs lol dota when its all about money and tournamens�- they should play only Starcraft right ?
Ur ju� so stupid ....
Post edited 2012-08-09 15:12:45
edit: Wanted to reply to your #99 post.
Post edited 2012-08-08 12:17:42
Although I have seen some source players say that CSGO is improving and that it has got a lot of potential, most source players (at least in the CZ/SVK community) hate it
CSP is actually liked. When the new updates comes people always criticize the things 1.6 do. (Bugs, weird movement etc) but never recoil, not even grenades or duck jumping.
Post edited 2012-08-09 08:23:04
under effects: Updated tracers speeds.
seems that we will be able to deactivate them...
I wont play a game which I do not enjoy playing, I'm sorry.
Even if said game would have a huge community behind it, I would still not wanna spend my time playing that game.
I would, however, want to spend my time playing a game I enjoy playing, no matter the size of the community.
* Updated the language on the radiation warning signs. Changed ‘radioactiv’ to ‘radioaktiv!’ and ‘Kein Zutritt’ to ‘Kein Zutritt!’
With this update the game is still handicapped, you will see and feel it.
Pirate? i think they should add peter pan also.
a pirate guy cmon this is not any strategic Game, but it seems they are interesed on updating easy things not hard ones.
gg whats ur next idea btw?
creating new gun called sword? and make this game like CS:O?
Post edited 2012-08-08 02:17:33
Post edited 2012-08-08 02:50:35
Really do people not grasp fun anymore when gaming?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL <-- 10 feet
LOOOOOOOOL <-- 4 feet
that is the difference that they took out. quite a bit, say bye bye to epic wallbanging.
Post edited 2012-08-08 02:58:52
Post edited 2012-08-08 12:24:02
Wombo's post: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.p..
"OH HURRRDURRR VALVE ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY THEY WON'T LISTEN TO US 1.6 4EVA!!!!111"
*HPE and Valve release MASSIVE update for the game and tweak multiple aspects of it due to community feedback from the beta*
"STILL A SHIT GAME NO POTENTIAL IT'S JUST COD""
Christ some people are just too dumb.
valve listens to feedback? then what is this, a source wallbang mechanic? they just listened to a kid "wombo" on the public forums say how to "fix" the ice skating movement, which doesn't even fix it at all. Also, fixing bugs and glitches that should have been fixed 10 months ago is not a step forward natesy (99% of the things on this update were either bugs fixed, "new" player models, and audio fixed, which should have been fixed 10 months ago). Things that should have been fixed were tracers out, you know what I'm not going to continue because they won't take it out. sorry for posting so much, and its my opinion...
Post edited 2012-08-08 05:06:52
Then I know from the last day that I've been registered on this site, that I will not be able to convince you otherwise whatsoever. So you stay on your little bandwagon of hating CS:GO before it's been released, and I'll play a great game.
Oh and by the way wombo's values for friction and acceleration do make the movement much better. The update hasn't even gone live yet so let's complain about it beforehand though, right?
What isnt logical here is what youre doing. if you want to talk with people that like and cheer for cs:go hltv.org isnt the right website for you, just go to c*dred or another source website and have fun.
Youre wasting your time here. Its the same thing, if i decide to go in c*dred and start to fight for promod, or 1.6, its obviously that some users will flame on me, and disagree on me because its a different point of view for both sides.
As far as I know this is a counter-strike site; and while I do detest source, I am open and optimistic about both CSP and CS:GO.
That's not strictly true, considering C*dred was the site that set up a massive Show Match on ProMod not so long ago, and had several HLTV users decide to DDoSS the server because they didn't like CSP. 1.6 was covered by C*dred in a big way, and was widely accepted by people on the site.
HLTV is a site by itself, a closed community, and don't realise how isolated they are to the world of eSports.
Post edited 2012-08-08 12:34:10
" Go to JoinDota forums and talk about HoN and LoL,I'm dieing to see their reaction."
LOL.... Yeah sorry CS & CSS & CSGO, isn't joined together by one common name?
Those games you speak of are rival games.
Post edited 2012-08-08 12:43:42
Rival communities, most likely, but not rival games. Slight difference.
i have 5-6 years old computer, its a chance to nomal play ?
Source engine is highly dependent on CPU. I remember back in days that lowest c2d (E5200) raped AMD x2 5000+BE.
If u have atleast c2d it wont be that big problem.
Good thing is that source engine i highly optimizable. U can cut so many things in ur cfg to get a game playable.
HLTV user logic.
They've listened to everyone at one time or another, but they probably visit sites like HLTV, see the userbase and how mature they are (sarcasm) and then decide against listening to people who simply cannot accept anything new.
Thats a very mature action by valve huh?
What you guys dont understand is: we can accept new things, but these new things have to 'merge' with the things we love in cs 1.6.
Thanks for proving my point.
Don't u have a job?
Either way what relevance does me having a job have to anything?
Well I dont have anything against you but it seems that your effort to convince some of hltv users is just pointless as most 1.6 fans would choose promod over GO due to similar gameplay.
Why are you so insist to force your opinion of GO to us?
Also, when people call me a moron, or an idiot for stating facts, when all they can say is "GO SUX OMG" or "VALVE HATES 1.6" I tend to get a little agitated. People on this website swear that GO is crap, and then back up their opinions with facts that are complete fallacy. As an advocate of the new game, it's quite annoying.
As game-wise for me Promod's (1.09) better than GO. It has the potential to be better than GO at the competitive scene.
Though I'm not saying that "GO sux, etc". Actually CS:GO is quite a good game, I once played the game, it has its own pros and cons. Probably the only and also the biggest advantage that GO had over Promod was there's a big company behind it to back the game up, ironically that's also what Promod needed it the most.
As for the idiocy of the community, lol no need to be surprised. Even amongst 1.6 fans, they often troll each other, it's already become a culture, wait no maybe even their daily need.
Some people here lose a screw in their brain. No need to waste your time with them.
Post edited 2012-08-08 11:47:49
I dont really care about other stuff like sound / models or even the maps themselves , if there is no tapping there is a huge problem with the recoil or/and hitboxes .
Welcome in Call of Duty CS version guys .
Post edited 2012-08-08 06:45:44
Added new ladders to sides of bombsite train cars, adjusted biohazard straps to not be in the way of the middle of the cars. The bomb should now be plantable and defusable in the middle of each car.
Dear mother of god.
Post edited 2012-08-08 09:10:03
I think he is right indeed. CS 1.6 was the game that brought CS series to the spotlight of gaming and revolutionized FPS e-Sports. This game requires skill, intelligence and a lot, a LOT of hard work to get good at it. But kids wanted a game that was also atractive to their eyes, so Valve, instead of creating a game that had similar physics, they created a game with a lot of different things, mostly worse, than in 1.6. CSS doesn't require half of the skill that 1.6 does. People wanted to dominate the game, the movement, the recoil. But in CSS, the guy who gets lucky first wins the gun battle because of the lack of recoil patters. In CSS you can't fucking throw a grenade to the wall, because its destination depends on how it hits the wall (and I find this to be really annoying, and just by that, the game gets easier because you have to show yourself to the enemy for not messing up with a grenade)
Long story short (not so short, but ok): Community just wanted a game with better graphics, but with similar gameplay. But Valve changed the game physics, etc. and I think that is what is going to happen with CSGO. Valve is wasting what made Counter-Strike famous and is creating a game completely different from the original... Random recoil, that shitty grenade on the wall thing (same in Source) and new grenades/weapons.... (I mean.... a pirate, what the fuck? create an astronaut! And if they created a taser, why not create a bazooka? If you want realism, lets get the walls destroyed when C4 explodes. And when we shoot through a door, we could see through its holes)
Too bad Promod came late, because it easily beats CSGO in everyway... Too bad players go after the money and not for the gameplay
there are big numbers on LoL because it's a new game, people don't know the game so they watch streams to find out more. In CS, as the game is explored, there are not many viewers because there is nothing new to learn. Plus, there are a lot of CS players (when I say a lot, I mean A LOT) who don't know of the competitive scene so they don't follow streams, and try to discover things themselves
I mean really, do you believe that dribble you have just come out with?
as for me 1.6 has so many hidden possibilities that you can exploit. Such as the recoil pattern, even I doubt that the creator of the game would even recognized that his recoil pattern that he created could even be improved or even revolutionized through tap-shoot when he created the game or even bhop, russian walk. I don't care if it's a bug and not meant to be created like that, the fact is that amazing stuffs happened because of that.
As for source, I can't really comment on that since I only played a little but for sure I know that I dont like it's recoil pattern and movement.
He mentions that there is no recoil patterns in Source, he is also wrong. There are recoil patterns in Source, not random, but three different distinct patterns.
He mentions that you cant throw grenades off a wall in Source, he is also wrong you can.
He goes on about how Valve wants to create a game about graphics, and not about gameplay. He is wrong there too.
Need I elaborate anymore?
you're wrong , if valve wants gameplay instead of graphics , why not bet on promod ?
I installed Source just to play with some friends on a public, on de_dust2, and each round I wanted to smoke double doors by throwing a smoke to the wall the same way as I, and everyone, does on 1.6. Result: In 1.6, you're 100% sure that you control where the smoke goes, in the middle of the goddamm doors. In Source it goes to a different position everytime I threw the smoke. Once it even came back to the spawn!
And yes, valve wants to create a game with the best graphics because that would attract younger players to come, which equals to more and more money. 1.6 has worse graphics and while 50k players use 1.6 on steam, I believe thousands and thousands play non-steam, because it's a game that doesn't need a great PC, easy to install and occupies little space on HDDs. But those players don't watch streams because they don't know what competitive CS is (this is a kind of (magic :D) answer to #211, hope he sees this) so CS tournaments start to lose viewers, but not players, because there is a lot of players that don't bother to watch matches (i would say 65% of the players don't watch streams). In LoL, (as #211 stated) the numbers are huge because there's a lot of newbs being pwned on 5v5, 3v3, etc. so they want to see what pros do, what they don't, nothing more, nothing less. It's a new game, while 1.6 is already explored, and everyone pretty knows everything that they need to know, so streams are unnecessary
thats not true either. of course the nades dont bounce off the walls like 1.6, but they always follow the same direction if you trow them in the same place. sorry mate but you're just bashing css like most people here. if you dont know the game, dont critize it..
i wont comment on the other matter because that has a lot to discuss and im not on the mood. you can argue that valve is making the game for the money but that is also stupid. which company in these days doesnt invest in a game to see it grow and give money back to you? its the same story everywhere, its called capitalism. valve are doing a good job with CS:GO. they are producing a good game that with the correct updates might have a good future, but they aint magics and change your biased opinions. even if the game was good, most people here would still critize it
If you notice, no one talked to you either, making you forever alone as well.
owned 2x kid ? =)
well , i can give my opinion whenever i want , noone needs to ask , and yeah , i just gave him now , and he didnt respond , but you , maybe butthurt idk , came to flame
owned 2x nerd ? =D
nerd? oh boy, one thing is being a kid (you, 13 years old) other is being a nerd, thing you dont know if i am or not, but yeah, istead of explaining my whole life like you would do in this case, i will just tell you: think whatever you want, cause i dont care about what a dumb child like you thinks of me :D Because you dont know me at all ^^
Now, stop humilliating yourself and stop aswering dumbo :D
what does being a kid has to do with being a nerd? yes , you look like a nerd , always behind the computer flamming everyone , just get a life , and no , i'm not seeking attention , i dont need it to be honest , i have friends :D
and yeah , i'm not dumb , but you look like you're , and now , dont answer anymore , because you're the one humilliating yourself :)
Ahahah, mate, i dont go to 9gag so i dont know those kids, but you should learn that a normal person doesnt care about what other people say, even more if you dont know them (like me). If you think thats a 9gag attitude then boy you have a lot to grow :D
one thing is right, you are a kid. you are 13. another thing is being a nerd, which you do not know if it is true or not, since you dont know me, got it?
How could you possible know im always behind the computer? You dont know me xD Even if was always behind the computer, you have nothing with it, everyone makes its own decisions :)
Yet again, i couldnt care less if you have friends or not, i dont understand why you keep posting stuff about your life. Are you trying to make me jealous or something? I can assure you i have friends as well, dont worry about me xDD I have plenty more than that actually :D
Oh, such a good argument! Im not dumb, you are! Im not humilliating myself, you are! Ahahah, kindergarden insults ftw xD Get a brain dumbo :D
you seem like a 9gager tbh , some normal persons care about what other ppl say tbh , everyone cares , but they just say they dont , seems like you're the one who needs to grow up :D
yes , you can call me a kid , wtv , i'm 13 , but i dont give you more than 15 , since you're insulting me , a normal 18 y.o person wont insult a kid , am i right ? =D
idk if you're always behind the pc , but it seems like , since you're always on hltv flamming everyone , and yes , that's your decision and i dont nothing to do about it :)
so , i'm the dumb here ? you dont know nothing about me , neither how i look like , and still you judge me , so you're the dumb here =D
get a brain , hidden boy =D
if you think i am a "9gager", sure, whatever lol. Ahahaha, you really think people care about what other people say? Mature people dont. At least i dont, specially from a kid in the "INTERNETZ". You know nothing about my life =)
Im 18 to be exact, sorry to disappoint you. I didnt insult you at all lol. tell me where did i insult you and ill prove you wrong.
Flamming everyone? If you check my posts, i only flame those who deserve it, besides, i was away from this site for nearly 3 weeks, i dont see your point? I like arguing with people :)
wtfff, i dont know how you look?
dumbo, dumbo... dont talk about what you dont know mate :)
hidden boy, oh well.. i already told you, just a small research and you can find me in the internet. no one shows themselves on the internet.. only kids like you who want attention lol
idc about you too =D
you're 18 ? sorry but it doesnt look like D:
yes , you're always flamming everyone ;)
i'm kinda pretty tbh , and my ears ? they are perfectly fine , do they look big? well change your resolution because its fucked up , i see myself everyday and they are small tbh , and yes you're insulting me calling me dumbo , so get your facts straight
"I like arguing with people :)" , that just proves you're kinda stupid
and yes you're a hidden boy , insulting me by my appearence and you dont show yourself , gj ;)
dont even care to reply , i wont spent a little second with you anymore , bye =D
Who cares with what you think? :)
Hm, so if i am always flaming? Sorry but i dont get your point..
Wow, praising yourself seems really cool, shame i dont care about your opinion and no one does to be exact. Saying things like: im pretty and perfect must higher your ego, no ? Poor kid...
Im not insulting you by calling you dumbo, im just saying the truth lol If you're butthurt by it you have a simple thing to do: Dont aswer boy :)
So, arguing is stupid? By saying that youre calling every politician stupid. arguing makes you smarter. it increases your general culture and makes you think in other people perspective. Arguing =/= flaming. Learn kid, LEARN! ;)
i already told you to check my facebook page or be a little smart and check who visited your esl page, come on, that cant be too hard.. hidden boy, rofl, thats such a big insult xD
Yep, run away like you always do dumbo.. infact, use your hears.. fly, you might go faster :)
and you say you dont insult , you're braindead , a lost cause
Well, yes, thats an insult but where's your moral? You have also insulted me. You called me nerd remember? You're not any better than me.
Grow up kid ;)
you need to grow up , since you're 18 and likes to insult a 13 y.o kid ;)
The point of this conversation was not to insult you . i just called you dumbo, because thats your nickname :D
Chill mate ;D
just because noone answered him, doesn't mean they don't care....
and i dont know how is it possible for a 14 year old kid to say fck go fck vlave fck csp fck everything 1.6 > all when the things he knows about the game is navi's dominance at 2010 and delpan being an asshole...i just dont get it
you can't compare 1.6 to GO.
therefore CS:P will replace 1.6.
Post edited 2012-08-08 15:43:50
Post edited 2012-08-08 15:56:33
Post edited 2012-08-08 19:09:49
CS;GO is a bad try on making cs;s better. And the people who say that valve listen to the 1.6 community are wrong, i think (Not to say that i am right) I really don't think that carn or any 1.6 players have said "This game is fine, really nice, almost nothing from 1.6, very good" Maybe f0rest and GeT_Right plays it, and think its funny, but i am positiv that if 1.6 and cs;go where to choose between, they would choose 1.6. Its only because valve is doing everything to remove 1.6 and source.
Ill hope this will get changed in a little time.
if u want succes with cs:go u should change this.
how more it feels like 1.6 how more players how bigger ur game = GG