CPH Wolves15Wizards15fnatic0Western Wolves2EventMaps / statsnuke_se (8:16)dust2_se (13:16)OtherDemo - Matchpage
The awaited update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has gone live, containing even more changes than first revealed.
The developers have been hard at work since revealing the massive change note on Tuesday. Today's update was deployed with additional changes, features and fixes to the upcoming game.
One of the interesting changes is a quick-play feature for community servers, allowing players to quickly discover new servers in a promptly manner.
"To help players discover new community servers, the main menu now includes a Community Quick-Play option, and the community server browser can now be accessed from both the main menu and the in-game pause menu."
The official Valve game servers can now accommodate for 20 players, and as such the scoreboard has been reworked to support up to 24 players.
Below are the newly added changes.
- The max penetration distance has been increased to 7.5 feet.
- Dust 2
- Extended fade distance on mid-barrels to prevent double door snipers from seeing through them. Thanks, VeryGames.
- Crossfade from “near” gunfire to “distant” gunfire is now smooth, fixing the bug wherein distant sounds first got quieter then louder the further they were from the listener
- Added exponential function to the “near” / “distant” crossfade operators.
- “distant” weapon fire mix group has been increased significantly to offset the reduction in decibel levels.
- Added “pow” function to math operator to facilitate non-linear crossfades in operator stacks.
- Added a parameter that discounts “player sound” status when determining the distance of a sound that is currently hardcoded into the operators system (“source 1″ legacy).. “force_not_player_sound”
- Changed all of the new sounds spatialization options to use the following denial test if(sv.IsActive() && !sv_cheats.GetBool())
- This prevents players from changing their settings during a non-cheat enabled game but allows them to tweak them during a cheat enabled game.
- Fixed a bug that was always playing the AK47 sounds from the same location
- Famas – lengthened sound to smooth the 3 shot burst
- Small edit to the ak47_shoot, rate at beginning of wave lengthened and pitch slightly lowered in this area as well.
- Scoreboard update
- Now accommodates 24 players.
- Scoreboard no longer hides all other UI elements.
- Fixed Z order for a variety of panels which now allows the chat to draw on top of the scoreboard.
- MVP stars are now broken out in the scoreboard.
- Added ping column.
- Added dollar signs to the scoreboard elements that are represented in dollars.
- Fixed other players showing your local clan tag on their target id name.
- The server name now shows in the scoreboard.
- Showing Elo brackets in scoreboard for casual mode.
- Added Cost per Kill column to the scoreboard.
- Added Community Quick-Play button to PLAY sub menu.
- Made HUD team color adjustments to make them more uniform.
- Created an additional function to set team colors for “additive” drawing because different HUD elements used the same color values, but rendered them differently.
- Fixed the chat panel to more-or-less match the position of the voice/info panel.
- Added the Community Server Browser to the Ingame menu under the title “Browse Community Servers”
- Added a content warning message before displaying Server Browser.
- Chat UI update:
- Made the in-game chat window smaller.
- Fixed the scroll bar on the ingame chat.
- Chat input UI now makes a sound when too many characters have been typed.
- Updated the max number of characters to be1024.
- Allow numpad ENTER key to close the chat window.
- Added keybindings to ‘Autobuy’ and ‘Rebuy Previou’s.
- Shortened binding label “ESCAPE” to “ESC”.
- Added keybinding to buy menu’s ‘CLOSE’.
- Added the ‘Dust Mission’ to the match set up carousel.
- The mini scoreboard now supports up to 24 players.
- The mini scoreboard now uses the server’s num players instead of being hard coded.
- Modified scrollable player/map list in “Call Vote” panel.
- Made scrolling thumbs bigger.
- Modified scrollbar buttons to be more like standard buttons.
- Update to Choose Team screen:
- Screen can now show up to 24 players.
- Added names to the avatars on the team select screen.
- Fixed the radio panel to position correctly under the money panel again, but will never overlap the health panel regardless of screen res or safezone settings.
- Removing this convar [ CSGO - sv_allow_lobby_connect_only ] for CSGO build, since we would like lobbies to always be associated with servers for community matchmaking.
- Removed setting of maxplayers before every session.
- Disabled maxplayers command, server now sets min/max/default maxplayers based on server.dll
- The game now forces extra spectator slots to 2.
- Kick a bot that a player is controlling now reverts the player to essentially display as alive. -However, their stats still do not change until they are alive again properly
- Better logging info when a file fails the sv_pure check.
- Added support for the chat to use the same rules for chat visibility as is used for voice audibility.
- Disabled mode-based restrictions on showing Elo rank in scoreboard.
- Fix for vote UI having incorrect maps listed if the server runs custom map groups.
- Fixed some HUD elements not getting scaled properly.
- Play With Friends update:
- Hooked up Steam page button.
- Made mouse click get correct IDs for Invite and Join states.
- Made Join states show correctly.
- Removed team play option.
- Fixed the toggle for Private / Public option.
- Fix for the Kick player function.
- Kick now shows the correct ‘kicked’ text string.
- Fixed an issue where tracers were coming from the wrong spot when spectating.
- Now return correct number of max human players for server browser and master servers.
- Added a convar:mm_session_search_distance which allows us to bump session search distance to be able to find lobbies on Steam Beta (set to >=1).
- Fixed the search to not use -1 for numSlots, to not use a filter on numSlots and to not use bypasslobby, but rather use game state filter.
- Fixed dedicated server reporting numSlots no greater than 16 even when running PC casual with 20 slots, will still need to do client-side work to not stomp that value.
- Fixed a bug where Korean characters could not be typed in chat.
- Fixed several bugs with session slots:
- When transitioning from PWF lobby to an official dedicated server we increase members limit to 20.
- Dedicated servers now report numSlots representing max human players
- Session created based on information from direct connect to community server will now preserve number of slots defined by the community server.
- Fixed a memory leak for searches that produce no results from play with friends. Message information about no results available only shows for community quick play, otherwise a new game is created without notifying user about it.
- Fixed number of slots not getting correctly set when auto creating a new game from an official matchmaking search that didn’t return any results.
- PWF happens only on official or listen servers. Play with friends now finds a dedicated server for public game correctly.
- Added a callback into server.dll that can send client messages before engine advances sign on state to connected state. This lets server to pass data to client before client starts loading map and precaching models.
- CSGO will send information about viewmodels and player models, max players and maplist down to clients since clients do not necessarily have info about mapgroup and map played by the server.
- Community quick play search will no longer attempt to create a new lobby if it fails to find an existing lobby to join.
Follow HLTV.org's Pus on Twitter.
Post edited 2012-08-11 04:03:15
adren playing csgo with the new update
Post edited 2012-08-11 04:11:22
finally a playable version of this game :P anyways, I still have some stuff that concerns me.
Movement physics when you're inair
This is the biggest thing. The most important thing in a game is the feeling of it, in wonderful games like Quake Live and CS 1.6, you're happy when you play them, you feel so light, the game feels so right, it's a pleasure just jumping around on a server by yourself.
The current airphysic is horrible and destroys the gamefeeling of CS:GO. I get very pleased when I shoot a gun now, when I get a kill, when I move. But everytime I jump it feels horrible, and destroys the overall gamefeeling.
In 1.6 I am like a bunny, I jump around all the time in every possible situation, it's actually one of my stronger sides in 1.6, I end up in so many favourable positions because of it. But in CS:GO it has this floaty feeling, I can't control my body inair, but in 1.6 I am in charge of everything and can do whatever I want basically.
Either you make 1:1 copies from the 1.6 maps or work together with Volcano to recreate every single map (or make totally new ones), because the current ones are frikkin horrible. Even whisenhunt have given up on that department, saying that we should let the community handle that instead because Valve seems incompetent on that area. I disagree with him, I think the _se maps needs to be as good as possible, because I think they'll end up as the ones that'll be played no matter what.
Atleast give us the option to turn them off, they bother me pretty much sometimes, despite them being pretty hidden as of now.
I haven't played enough games competitively to know 100%, but from playing a few competitive games and watching them aswell I'm very concerned about AWP's. In 1.6 you have the amazing in-air physic and crouchwalking as an counter to the awp. I'm worried that without this the AWP might become megaop, but this could be false. Anyone that plays CS:GO more then me could comment on this subject.
The CT-models head
Is it a frikkin bikehelmet or what?!
Decoy grenade, im curios
One thing I don't understand about this grenade. Why is it in CS:GO and not in CS 1.6? Wallbanging is almost non-existant in GO, doesn't that render decoy grenades almost completely useless? Open up for wallbanging a bit more or buff/change this grenade in some way.
I will support CSPromod as I find it as better and funnier, but CS:GO is pretty decent right now, and I hope it'll only get better if it happens to end up as the new big CS.
Post edited 2012-08-11 04:16:52
Rest are details , even the movement , recoil is the biggest concern !
1) Recoils still suck. I don't know how to describe it, I feel it's too random. A bullet go to the bottom, the suddenly a bullet go to the top.
2) It's wierd to tap enemies that are far away.
3) Achievments poping up all over my screen with songs of war and shit.
4) Yes, I died, I realised it when my HP dropped to 0. I don't want to save this moment. Never.
5) Famas and glock in burst-fire mode are OP, IMO.
6) Skins should have more colors. At long ranges, I don't know if I'm seeing a CT or T without looking at the radar.
1) I like the graphics.
2) The maps are different, but they need to be improved. On de_train, when you try to reach middle as T there's a train just in front of the door. WTF?
3) Hud is fantastic. I loved the way the grenades are displayed.
4) Matchmaking is good.
5) Gungame is included and is fun.
6) You can't use Zeus on competitive mode.
7) Molotov doesn't last long, so it's ok to me.
8) Radar shows the map in a clean way.
Post edited 2012-08-11 05:54:17
And about wallbanging: I prefer how it looks like in GO, since you can shoot through some thick walls and it doesnt look so ridiculously like de_nuke wallbanging in 1.6 which is far away from being realistic.
Just want to add: deagle is OP.
with this comment you made them laugh obviously :o)
Galil & Famas have a 0 second reload time :DDD.
Smokes are bugged, easy to see through etc (Not source, or 1.6 alike - its like.. dno
Post edited 2012-08-11 11:24:14
EDIT: they need to fix the smokes, the smokes area is just too small.
Post edited 2012-08-11 05:22:37
Give it the chance ^^
Imo the "old" deagle looked a way better than the new one, the scoreboard has too much useless information and I`ve honestly no idea why valve decided to change the design of the deathnotice.
It would be better to me if they had only changed some engine things but kept the design untouched.
The recoil is still a mess. It doesn't have to be like in 1.6, but it needs to be less random, and it needs to be easier to see where the bullets go. With a totally random spray you can never learn the pattern, and that just makes the game based on luck rather than skill.
The maps still suck, but I guess any random mapmaker can fix this.
The problem is that compared to 1.6 there are so few elements of skill that you need to master. The recoil you can't learn very well because it sucks, the movement isn't as fine, the grenades bounce randomly, you can't wallbang anywhere so knowing a special place to wallbang gives no advantage. It's a decent public game right now, but for competitive gaming it just isn't good enough. And the competitive side of CS, and the ability to always become better, is why we all come back for more, isn't it? Too much luck is involved.
The 21st of august is way too early. The game is not ready yet, and now there is just a huge risk that people will be disappointed.
And you don't get to see where the bullets go efficiently. In 1.6 bullets make themselves clear on where they have hit. We need that.
If there is going to be further patches it is OK to release it on 21 August since it will get critics from larger portion of community.
I've tried the last few iterations of CS:GO and tried to keep an open mind but I can't help but feel the game won't even be worth my time to spectate if I think the level of play/skillcap I've come to enjoy isn't POSSIBLE to produce. I'd much rather play bots and CSDM in 1.6 and spectate DotA 2 than support CS:GO because hERPdeRP thIs is last chance for FPS GAMES! UNITE THE COMMUNITY SO IMPORTANT
Post edited 2012-08-11 10:46:59
A counter-strike without the competitive side is sort of like football without matches. Sure it could be fun to kick a ball into a goal, or pass it to a friend, but without the real competing part it wouldn't be fun for long.
I'm guessing it just feels random because nobody's used to it.
Post edited 2012-08-11 10:21:39
+fix recoil and I think game will be playable.
wake up guys
i have the "beta" but after this update i can't enter to game...
when i go to play appear a black screen and return to desktop
They just need to backup 1.6 maps for more competitive/tecnical positions.
Update a better recoil system and "clear a little" the game for a better view, sometimes it's too hard to see enemies.
There are so much useless details, if they clean a little them, can be a game much better than 1.6
VALVE FUCKED UP
Hf Stopping him 1.6'ers!
that is the trueth for any games
and i think this is stupid
1. It's too random
2. You can never learn to control it because you can't see where the bullets go
3. The tracers go in one place, while the bullets actually hit another place.
As long as the recoil is like this, the game will never be good. CS shouldn't be decided by who is lucky, but by who is in control. Right now there is hardly any control, and it ruins everything...
Many shots like strafing and ducking fast and making a headshot from a huge distance too easy...
m4a1 - up, left, right, left
ak47 - up, right, left, right
and everytime it is the same pattern for each gun
2. I agree that it is almost impossible to control it or atleast on my laptop which has 60-80fps. I'll give it a try when my new PC arrives.
3. Not entirely sure what you mean, but tracers have delayed representation while hitscan impact sprites are instantaneous.
btw There is visual hitscan impact misplacement in 1.6 and I haven't seen anyone complaining about that.
HOPE U ARE DOING A GOOD JOB VALVE!
-fix the spray
-clean the maps from trash(upper nuke site has a bulldozer wtf)
-tweak the maps a little bit more to be more user-competitive friendly!!
-bullet penetration should be deeper
The thing i love about CS is freedom of movement and that reality doesnt limit ppl that bad as in other games. ( wallbangs in soo many places)
Playing cs lets u feel more free and unleashed.
hope cs:go ll be more like cs1.6 and less CoD like.
Realism is not sth u should necessary stuck to
who needs fucking barrels and shit on a cs map.
but last year didn't they say open beta would come in january of this year? lol
Yeah i also love 1.6 .. i played it for 12 years. Besides I HATED source...
But after that update it's a really playable game! Everybody who is saying "lololol random recoil" played it for 1-2 hours. You wanna say me that you learned 1.6 in 2 hours? I dont think so. You need time to arrange yourself with the new recoil. But hey... it's easier to say "lol, shit game, recoils i random"... Idiots.
Cs is dying and im not happy about that (instead i am really sad about that..).
ESL cuts the CS AND CSS EPS, fnatic,mouz,sk and other teams are retiering... So yeah.. you wanna say cs 1.6 is alive? Hold your illusions..
They want to reunite the 2 communities. CS:GO have the requirements to make this reunion possible.
You wanna know why its possible?
- official support from valve
- many progamers are supporting CS:Go
- better netcode
- Casualmode und ELO-Matchmaking
- Steam Workshop for CS:GO
- cheap price
and so on. I don't want to describe every point. Go get some informations! And please... stop that dumb ass populisitc crying...
And thats why i don't understand some "LOLOLOLOL CS 1.6 FOREVER" - Faggots. I mean... It's our LAST chance for the FPS-section.
Games like SC2 or LoL are watched by so many people and sponsors are supporting those games.
They eliminate the shooter section.
Thats why i have to ask: are u serious? Is this your biggest problem? Freting about cs 1.6 which is dying?
Just my 2 cents.
Post edited 2012-08-11 21:03:44
2)the ak47 sound like a stapler.
3)i would like to see the seal 6 team model.
Post edited 2012-08-11 21:35:35
And also of course the standard Valve maps are pretty terrible but that isn't really an important complaint since most of them have already been somewhat remade.
ignoring news/videos and talking like actually knowing something, seems legit
this time i speak about recoil evolution in CS:GO, sure you can see in the game how this changes, but it's not saying anything about what developers plan, have done (yes, what you play is for testing purpose, its not for final product, so they FUCK UP things on purpose, to make them better in the end) and such
so please, your argument about play hours, yeah i have 3 bronze and 1 silver, so i think we have both played CS:GO, but if you want to give feedback or trashtalk u should really find more info
i can not explain that because my english is bad...
Anyway to fix it or is this just a CSGO thing..
Intel Core 2Quad Q9400 - 2.67GHz
Graphics: GeForce GT120
[cs:source runs perfect]
I play beta for a long and I control recoil perfectly and own noobs with new stuff