WE GOT GAME12GameAgents16EventMap / statsOtherNo demo - MatchpageOrbit16Reason13EventMap / statsOtherNo demo - MatchpagePENTA16edepol4EventMap / statsOtherDemo - MatchpageSlashCry14Desperados16EventMap / statsOtherDemo - MatchpageFluffy Gangsters2ANOX1EventMaps / statsmirage (16:3)cobblestone (9:16)overpass (19:15)OtherNo demo - MatchpageHellRaisers0SK3EventMaps / statsdust2 (10:16)overpass (14:16)cobblestone (3:16)OtherDemo - MatchpageOpTic0Virtus.pro2EventMaps / statsmirage (6:16)inferno (8:16)OtherDemo - Matchpage
Valve has released a new update for CS:GO, with GOTV improvements, and much needed molotov changes ahead of Dreamhack.
Below is the change log for today's update.
- sv_pure: VPK files contain the necessary hashes so the dedicated servers do not need to compute them at startup but can be checked with the command “sv_pure_checkvpk”
- As a GOTV client spectator, the flashbang effect from first person is now reduced a bit and there is now text that says "(BLINDED)"
- Fixed overhead targetIDs not showing sometimes when spectating with XRay mode on.
- Added a convar "cl_teamid_overhead_maxdist_spec" that can set the max distance overhead TargetIDs will show up when spectating
- Changed player target selection input from hardcoded number keys to keys bound to "slotN" commands.
- Changed X-Ray toggle key from hardcoded 'X' to whatever is bound for "radio2", which defaults to 'X'.
- Fixed health/armor/ammo of the spectated target not being displayed as a GOTV client.
- Made bomb visible in GOTV clients' map overview at all times.
- Fixed money not showing up in GOTV scoreboard for either teams.
- Fixed flashbang effect flash retriggering when changing spectator target.
- Fixed missing winpanel when GOTV spectating.
- Revised GOTV autodirector behavior.
- Repacked content to reduce CS:GO disk usage from 6GB to 4.8GB.
- Implemented separate sound for distant grenade explosions to make the distance easier to gauge.
- Sound crossfades near and distance sound between 800 and 2800 units.
- Reduced audible distance of scope zoom.
- Fire devices have been modified ( Molotovs and incendiary grenades ):
- Fire can now be extinguished by smoke grenades and deployed smokes now deny fire device detonation and spreading.
- Fire now spreads a bit faster and not quite as far.
- Fire "tagging" slowdown has been removed.
- Adjusted fire armor penetration value.
- Fixed Terrorists getting loser bonus payout for running down the clock. Now Terrorists get no income if the round timer runs out.Armor Penetration is now shown for weapons in the buy menu.
- 3rd person and first person default duck speed has been slightly increased.
- Tapping the duck key frequently in short intervals will cause your duck to slow, but cools down very fast.
- Smoke grenade visibility inside a smoke has been reduced to give less advantage to players inside and more to players outside.
- Design changes for Scoreboard
- Added team names to scoreboard.
- Made score more prominent.
- Win banner states are now team specific.
- Design change for win panel and alert messages.
- Server log changes:
- Added xyz coordinates to messages.
- Added nade messages.
- Added team change messages.
- Added 'assist' messages.
- Fixed a case of loss of mouse and keyboard input.
- Server browser filter settings are now saved.
- Big Picture Support
- Fixed not being able to dismiss server browser dialog with controller.
- Added ability to disable all controllers.
The final part of the update was a special shoutout to NiP, Ubinited, Team ALTERNATE, Area51, Mousesports, Anexis, FM.TOXiC, VeryGames, RegnaM for their input with these balance changes.
a) bother replying
b) just don't gtfo?
is it so hard? or is it so hard to just ignore? stupid kid
So please stop acting childish and just spam stupid things, just because you feel you will look like the coolest guy in your street. Bashing out like that doesn't give your desired street cred. So just stop it ffs.
Nomad, will you add an assists tab in the future @ hltv.org statistics?
Just an idea
Post edited 2012-11-16 15:11:15
Post edited 2012-11-16 21:06:09
Seriously, the guy who made those new sounds needs to be fired, i think i could make better myself with freeware.
The point is: back then 1.6's animations were above the standards while CS:GO's animations look terrible compared to the animations in BF3 or COD.
btw: I never said anything about 1.6's animations in my previous comment. To answer your question: No, they wouldn't look good in a 2012 game.
Post edited 2012-11-16 20:35:32
seriously a lot of 'shoutouts' to verygames in thsi update.
It's Friday afternoon for me, hopefully he will show some mercy on me :)
Post edited 2012-11-16 10:30:36
If 1 guy saves then the WHOLE team doesn't get any money.
Correct me if I'm understanding it wrong.
I guess you should try the game.
and if its that way then its very much a fail update
But I wasn't even talking about wallbanging...
1. It's harder to locate your position.
2. Spraying a full mag seems a little bit easier to control (but this might be just about personal preferences).
What happened with the silencer?
Some of these updates are needless...no need to make the game easier than it actually is...the last thing valve wants is players to reach the "skill" peak really fast and make stuff less entertaining in just a short time.
Post edited 2012-11-16 10:54:26
I'm sick and tired of "smart-ass" kiddos like you!
Yes molotov makes the game random...the length of the molotov is not modified..the damage on armored users is modified! Slow-down effect does not really change a whole lot, since you'd lose a lot of health anyways...Smokes extinguishing it is a nice idea, but still ruins a lot of the tactical aspect!
Molotovs slow down the game no matter how you tweak them...thus allowing a lot more time for rotation!
Anyway I dont want to argue with a guy who says that CS:GO is a harder game than 1.6 which deserves a big facepalm -.-
Let the maps and new additions to the game marinade, how rabid can you be ffs..? geezh or play 1.6 til u die and never ever touch Counter-Strike Global Offensive, otherwise just ride your trollbike to hell. Im sick n tired of all these stubburn bashing and childish comments made by 11 year old children.
Valve shows us that they care - alot(!!) and works really, really hard listening to professional gamers feedback and tweaks along with it.
Seems you are among those who still thinks every update Valve frequently brings us is also the last one, every time same story. Or is it just mad trollin aka cant stand 1.6 competitive scene is DEAD.
Move on or just stay away from news concerning CS:GO. How hard can it be ^^ ..
2. I don't really play any CS actively for more than 2 years.
3. I never said anything about the maps...I think the maps in CS:GO are okish(except train,while nuke_ve and mirage rule)...but ofc I'd like to see some completely new maps that we've never seen before reach competitive level...not remaking of earlier maps like forge and mirage are.
4. I'm not trolling, I'm not bashing, I'm just stating my opinion.
5. I thought CS:GO was a terrible game at the beginning..but now it keeps getting better and better...I comment solely on the stuff that I deem needs to be changed
6. I'm not "mad" because 1.6 scene is dead...it was something looming since WCG announced them dropping 1.6. After all it had to come to an end some day. Just imo Valve had the wrong attitude when promoting the game, thus large part of the 1.6 community released their wrath on Valve by not being lenient towards a switch to GO.
7. The only thing I want is a successful continuation of the CS legacy...I don't want a game like CS to be forgotten 5 years from now..I want a CS community to still exists years from now...the only way to do that is with CS:GO or Promod (while promod is obviously lagging in the development)!
8.Yes Valve is now trying to tweak and change the game as the pros suggest, but this is something they could've done a lot earlier in the beta...they just rushed the release of the game. (FACT: CS:GO WAS NOT READY FOR RELEASE)
I like the fact that they're now committing to the cause but sometimes they just cannot accept some their mistakes (some things that don't actually work)
If CS wants to continue it's legacy and attract new players, it needs some 'small' tweak but atm that's not really the molotov( I'm open to see how this new update works in-game but imo it'll slow down the game (CS is enough CT-based already))
9. Valve really needs to open their ears to what carn and lurppis say! ADD SOMETHING NEW, JUST DON'T SLOW DOWN THE GAME! They don't get that the fast pace of 1.6 is what kept the game for so long.
Peace out, I don't want to argue anymore!
MOLOTOV'S DONT WORK FOR TWO SIMPLE REASONS!
1. If molotov is too powerful -> 1 molotov can be a round change and a rush stopper, thus making defense of smaller sites easier -> more CT based game.
Well CS is already hugely CT favored ! And it's still the beginning ! In the future CT-side is likely to get a lot stronger ! The same reason for which cbble was removed from 1.6. But what would we do in CS:GO? Remove all the maps?
Also if we learned 1 thing in the past years is that the fast pace kept 1.6 alive !
Molotov do not promote that ! Valve needs to give us something that does not affect the game-pace.
2. If molotov is weak than it'll be useless...not worth the money -> what's the worth of having it in the first place
Your own comment. You retard. now STFU and GTFO
Post edited 2012-11-16 16:01:03
both of your posts......
who cares anymore which game you played, its not like it makes any difference whatsoever so just get over it. 1.6 and css are dead
BUT the fact that your ID is 417548 and you have so few comments implies that you're new to this site, and most likely not a 1.6 fan.
I said that because it's CSS players that bash 1.6 continuously even though there's no need to continue beating the dead horse
Post edited 2012-11-16 14:54:34
now, if we too talk about the vice versa, its a completely different story, the vast majority of 1.6ers will not watch anything else to do with other cs games out of some sort of weird superiority complex the community has gained, and is carrying on into the new game..
Now it's the opposite!
saucers bash 1.6ers because FINALLY their game is dead and they have nothing to brag about!
Nobody cares about kiddos that don't like the game just because of the stupid complex they have!
Also that should not undermine the fact that there's also shitload of players that simply don't like CS:GO, and they think it's boring!
I'm not implying anything just noticing patterns :)
Read the reply I wrote you on the above post
Interessting updates though. :)
Post edited 2012-11-16 11:07:08
love this :) still enough for peaking with crouch but eliminates those crouch spammers :P
Maybe i will buy it after some months :)
sound like a joke
Post edited 2012-11-16 12:23:47
And these new sounds are pretty annoying..
Now you can go to the enemys and beg them to kill you but they will deny it as your teammates won't get any money then. haha, imagine that situation..xD
^ This gonna be an epic fail
Terrorist can't eco anymore. YEAH freaking good idea !
Wondering if any pro really requested this or if they misunderstood them...
Some Valve developer should really start to use his brain.
It's bad for competitive gaming but the most fucked up people are the public players: 1 idiot saves out his not-even-1500-worth-gun, all terrorist get 0 money. fucking brilliant...
Like I said before: It seems like Valve just doesn't learn from the past. The EXACT same problem existed in one of the early versions of CS and it got fixed by a patch.
Basically the money-system got tweaked for almost 3 years. Now it's seems like they want to go the whole way again.
Post edited 2012-11-16 14:56:19
It just makes it useless to save out 1-2 weapons (no need for weapon robbing in eco-rounds anymore; you would need at least 3 expensive weapons but at that point you would most-likely go for the round-win anyway).
But most of all: It clearly gives the CTs an advantage in their money-management.
The funny thing is: Valve said they didn't bring in the silencer yet because they fear this could unbalance the game since they think the CT are too strong right now. lulz, now they come up with this.
fucking get over it
People being forced to go for difficult clutches will lead to a lot more BORING eco/save/half-buy rounds
thanks for calling me an idiot and then agreeing with me
So according to what you've written...the game is boring...but you'd gladly accept to have sth that would eventually make it even worse?
Or am I misunderstanding you?
Post edited 2012-11-16 17:00:12
id rather it was kept as it is, but its really not a big game changing thing
Post edited 2012-11-16 14:09:07
To all of you playing the game, what does this mean for the gameplay?
edit: What are these sound effects good for? How annoying! I didnt like the scoreboard update either, that kind of scoreboard should be for spectator/GOTV only.
Post edited 2012-11-16 14:25:37
all that will change now is that T's will refuse to rush without smoking up all the choke points and then running through their own smokes which is just retarded gameplay.
if a molotov lasts 7 seconds and you counter it with a smoke to put it out, then surely it must take at LEAST 2-3 seconds to get the smoke out and wait for it to explode whilst its bouncing meaning the molotov has done its initial job anyway.
i liked the molotovs before, both sides get to use them too, but now i would rather see them removed than totaly dumbing down T gameplay for the sake of it.
inb4 NIP/VG through 5 smokes into chokepoints next lan and rush with flashes
"Oh let me extinguish this...it doesn't really matter that the players' rotation will come fast and they'll rape us...we'll extinguish the fire and hope for the best"
Shit gets funnier every day :D
Saving your weapon as a terrorist should only affect your income in the upcoming round, to make saving as T still worth it
Ok, but smoke grenade should dissapear with flames.
Right now it's silly.
Post edited 2012-11-16 15:18:42
nice nice :-)
decent update, I hope tournaments stop being stupid and ban molotovs anyways.
Post edited 2012-11-16 15:31:08
truly listening to players
great game is getting greater!
mb for all ?
Post edited 2012-11-16 16:36:25
Good thing it's getting better thou...
Also do you think mollies now will be used less?
-add double duck
-fix model animations
-fix models generally(shape,color)
-add some colors to this game
-fix this :pressingWsprayingwithAKandkill:
generally, make this game more SIMPLE.
crap music but ok :P
Post edited 2012-11-17 02:32:02
- Eliminated the vignette effect from the scoreboard.
- Scoreboard has been narrowed.
- Smoke grenade visibility on the edges of smokes has been adjusted to obscure vision less.
- Improved some cases of particle sorting between smoke and molotovs and other particle systems.
- Adjusted the loser bonus for Terrorists when time has run out. Surviving Terrorists get no income, but dead teammates receive a normal payout.
- Removed match start and round end info panel animation sfx.
Fixed T income for dead ppl
I don't like the crouching limit though...
Post edited 2012-11-17 09:29:19