RELiABLE16Manajuma13iBUYPOWER16Manajuma2savage16NetcodeGuides.com144andahalfmen1SVETTiGA2EventMaps / statsnuke (12:16)dust2 (16:13)inferno (9:16)OtherNo demo - MatchpageENCORE0CPH Wolves2EventMaps / statsinferno (9:16)nuke (5:16)OtherNo demo - MatchpageESG!1Natus Vincere2EventMaps / statstrain (16:7)inferno (13:16)dust2 (6:16)OtherNo demo - MatchpageSVETTiGA2CRG b3n0EventMaps / statsdust2 (16:4)mirage (16:14)OtherNo demo - Matchpage
Valve has released a new update for CS:GO which, among other things, introduces several changes to some of the game's pistols.
After releasing an update in January which reduced the damage inflicted by the Desert Eagle, Valve has now decided to give this pistol a little boost by increasing its effective range.
The P250 and the Glock, on the other hand, have been slightly nerfed, with changes to the effective range and burst recoil, respectively.
Below you can find the complete update log:
- Deagle: increased effective range.
- P250: reduced effective range.
- Glock: increased recoil on burst.
- Added a community dedicated server convar "sv_workshop_allow_other_maps". When this option is enabled and the server is idling empty, it will allow players to reserve it on another workshop map. Server will then download the other workshop map and let players play it, after the map ends the players will mapcycle into workshop collection hosted by the server.
- Added a game setting 'Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping' to allow users in geographic locations far from official datacenters to find games via matchmaking without using developer's console.
- Servers starting to host a workshop collection will no longer show up as running de_dust.
- Added convar mp_death_drop_c4 that determines whether C4 is droppable.
- Fixed not being able to drop C4 in Demolition mode.
- Added display of public joinable games in maps workshop browser.
- Fixed dead players getting a network update that showed their dead icon position at the position of the player they jumped to spectate right after dying
- Fixed mapcycle problems when the server was playing a map outside of active mapgroup or collection.
- Workshop maps no longer show "workshop" prefix on master server and official maps show "official" instead of map id when played as part of hosted workshop collection.
- Fixed the post processing effects (like blur) persisting through a level change to the new map if the new map does not contain a postprocess_controller entity.
- Fixed some sv convars so they can be executed via map cfg files
- Fixed the regular radar images not showing on the loading screen for workshop/custom maps
- Fixed an interpolation exploit with bogus update rates.
- Fixed a regression where old protobuf demo files failed to play. All protobuf demos should be playable again.
- Maps that are newly subscribed are now highlighted as NEW in the UI.
now the number of updates for CS:GO is "7" :D
Post edited 2013-02-14 16:18:47
Have you even tried it? You should...
sry sry for insultes
Until movement is improved csgo isn't worth playing/buying. Movement, walling, recoil, and maps are the main important differences between csgo/css and 1.6/csp.
All they've done is change the recoil and make the maps worse. They have huge steps to go before csgo is a good competitive game.
And "faster" ha, what a joke. All you can do in csgo/css is run straight. There's no crouch hopping(which enables you to get around quicker while not making yourself such an easy target), no crouch peaking and other crouch related movements that let you get under trains faster and in vents faster, etc.. Strafe jumping(which also adds to speed and skill level) is vastly inferior.
You should think before you say. It's because of people like you that there is very little pressure on valve to make a GOOD updated cs version.
Post edited 2013-02-14 19:37:26
at least something
Post edited 2013-02-14 11:18:41
Post edited 2013-02-14 11:19:39
It won't help. They should fix dmg, not the recoil.
Glock recoil on burst not that big of a deal. Damage is still a lot.
Deagle is still worthless.
P2000 still worthless.
P250 seems good for now.
ffs, thank you. Now get a decent Anti-Cheat and would be nice to play mathcmaking again.
Post edited 2013-02-14 14:48:36
But the rest are a step in the right direction (even if it is only a small step).
But if the glock still has that amazing long range damage it's still pretty broken, tbh you shouldn't do 80+ damage from long to B on d2 for ex.
Also p250 or any pistol except for the deagle should not do 100 dmg on headshot when it's vs helmet. Only pistol to kill with headshot to helmet is deagle, and that should also be on close range.
Still find the pistols just a tad OP and unbalanced between CT and T. CT's sort of have to buy p250, and then you can't afford both kit and nades, so you have to make sure some people get each and rounds are often lost because the defuser can't make it without a kit.
Other than that all I could think of is maybe change the reward system for guns like shotguns should give a maximum 600 and weak SMG's should give like 400. Not 600 for SMG's and a whopping 900 for shotguns which are really easy to kill with on close range.
But the game is evolving good and I do believe it will be a really good game in the end. Don't forget we got over how they "ruined" the awp with taking out the extreme quick scoping
^ This is one of the 3 major factors that make this game unplayable for me.
Well, I guess I just have to realize that some games, aren't meant for me anymore.
To bad tbh.
Added a game setting 'Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping' to allow users in geographic locations far from official datacenters to find games via matchmaking without using developer's console.
Good stuff, Valve finally using some common sense!
Valve : makes changes.
Post edited 2013-02-14 11:37:53
It's literally perfect in 1.6 - Model it on that? How hard can it be?
GJ valve keep these coming!
I also think Glock and p200 will never be equal cause Valve want Ts to be superior in pistol rounds.
Oh and why there weren't any news about previous update(the one with workshop), mr. HLTVorg? :3
Post edited 2013-02-14 13:24:27
Only that way it can cost 400 more. (1.6 had silencer, reason for higher prize). Ak should be better in long distances, and M4 in short distance.
Glock being dominant to p2000/p250 is a good thing IMO,
Ts having slight advantage in pistol rounds despite maps being highly CT favored .
Deagle was perfect before recoil update,
the new recoil animation is cool enough just make the bullet recoil/spread same it was before.
Less limited movement, smgs killreward down to 500, matchmaking servers up to 128 ticrate and add some maps such de_mirage and de_cache in the cycle.
Post edited 2013-02-14 13:52:22
"Fixed a regression where old protobuf demo files failed to play. All protobuf demos should be playable again."
valve... You seriously think that this is a working function?... when it`s these idiots will learn to make games? It's a shame!
Post edited 2013-02-14 14:19:29
This is the biggest CS portal on the web. It would make perfect sense to get a lot of feedback from it and they can never satisfy everyone, they also have to be very careful with each update and let top gamers test it thorougly before deciding what possible next steps will be.
Deagle is total shit
Valve is shit
Movement is shit
Maps are shit
Recoil is shit
Glock - nerf dmg.recoil is fine either way glock has low to none recoil irl
Mag7 - increase the recoil a little bit, reduce awards to 500$
P90 - increase recoil
Awp - increase standing accuracy, decrease when moving, introduce 1.6 scope option, decrease movement speed after shooting
Radar - dont show enemies at all, only teammates
Movement - remove this ADADADA bs by decreasing movement speed after shooting
Remove aimpunch when you have vesthelm
Introduce fps commands
Increase airaccelerate a little to make bunny hopping possible
ReIntroduce wallbanging to a lesser than 1.6 extend.
Then we will have the perfect game
and then awp quickscope accuracy..
when decoy is thrown the radar shouldnt show it if no one can see the decoy..
The deagle is still fucked up.
Good update on the P250 overall.
The glock was kind of good i guess.
They should really introduce the silencer, what is Counter-strike without the silencer?
Aimpunch MUST be removed when wearing west/helm.
1.6 Wallbanging would be really nice, it would also increase the skillevel of the game.
I also gets the feeling of "clumsyness" when landing after a jump. Feels like it's to much bob or something.
And grenadephysics cmon haha...
>When the silencer will be implemented the excuse will be the following: "ZOMG THE SOUND OF WEPPON IS SHIET FUKKK VALVE!!!!!!!1111111"
Some things why i'm bored of:
#1: This map shit, you need to have 3-4 different versions of maps if you wanna play. Workshop is quite clumsy, these maps should be solid in mapfolder.
#2: Pistols, yeah.. Desert Eagle is worthless. First it was quite normal, then Overpowered and now it is worthless shit. Inaccuracy should be fixed. Glock is quite OP. P2000 worthless. P250 is OK.
even if they are a bit: http://www.overloadit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/..
Still 128Tick servers and the silencer to add :D
those lan-like guys are just all pros :)