Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Esea view of The Future of Counter Strike
Mexico CS:GO-Hater-Booooring 
2012-02-08 00:55
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
cs 1.6 boring? please
2012-02-08 01:01
This is shit. He says you saw neo clutch banana last week and he does it again its not interesting? And he says cs is boring. What's with football then? Messi and Ronaldo score every match they play but that's not boring that's fun to watch and entertaining. It's still one of the most watched sports of all time and it's been around for 100 years.
2012-02-08 01:06
+1 He is writing article agains 1.6 it's only his opinion and source fans agree with him. He could write article wonderful and enjoyable if he writes something positive for 1.6. EDIT: He doesn't know teamwork, technique, high performance, aim-ing skill and impression. And anyone has a chance to win in 1.6.
2012-02-08 07:18
That guy is just an idiot, it is not a representative view of ESEA. Just look at all the comments and you'll see what I mean, hehe.
2012-02-08 01:06
so now Halo competes with CS? hahaha lmao. Now CS:S is "starting" to die? ROFLMAO, dead since the CGS the same you can say about NA gaming. a 90's game is not only keeping up with Starcraft 2 and League of Legends' numbers it is making history as the most beloved competitive game ever to be released because Broodwar is now dead outside Korea. So please, someone tell him to get out of his granpa's basement and join the rest of europe that plays the besst FPS evah! So many so called "journalists" from the UK sayin shit about 1.6, uh?
2012-02-08 01:35
I really don't think a lot of the stuff he says makes any sense whatsoever. Let's take a look at some of the statements: "When are we all just going to admit that we’re bored to death of Counter-Strike 1.6?" • There is nothing do admit, people have enjoyed playing and spectating this game since 1999 and that won't stop. Even if every single event shut down tomorrow thousands of people would still be playing, the game is just so much better than what other FPS's have to offer. "...imagine if Source hadn’t been completely disregarded by stubborn 1.6 players when it was first released, and now regularly had 120,000 simultaneous players instead of 60,000. Counter-Strike would still be massive." • Pretty weird comment considering he just pointed out that the big companies have little to no interest in sponsoring an old and boring game. From some of the statements made by users here on the site (although I don't have any facts on the matter) the actual number of people playing 1.6 is much higher because it is possible to play without Steam. 1.6 has the same (official) amount of players as in 2008, while Source has lost thousands... Maybe it is time to realize that 1.6 players aren't the main reason why Source is smaller, maybe younger people actually just find it bad? "All you have to do is give Counter-Strike: Global Offensive a chance." • No, all everyone has to do is play the game they enjoy the most, that is what gaming is all about. "And to Source players: please don’t become the next generation of 1.6ers. When you finally do get access to the CS:GO beta, don’t draw comparisons to other games, don’t write it off after a few hours of play" • Again, let us blame the 1.6 players. A lot of people have been criticizing Source a lot but I have personally not seen any evidence that supports statements like the one above. A lot of 1.6 players have tried Source for many hours. Some of them stayed with 1.6 and some of them moved to Source. As mentioned before though, Source has a lot of players since 2008, which probably has something to do with the quality of the game rather than the old players. "I guess it all depends on whether you actually want to compete, or just play the game for fun" • I don't think that is true. If you want a game to survive you need new players who keep playing because of the fun. One day they might find enjoyment in competing, but having that base is vital to any game that wants to be played in years to come I think. "Games are supposed to be fun, after all." • Correct and that is why we still play 1.6.
2012-02-08 01:35
most of southamericans play with the non-steam version, thats a fact. there's not a LAN in Peru that doesn't use the Non-Steam version, the same with the online servers.
2012-02-08 01:41
Because ure all poor bastards
2012-02-08 02:04
I'm not quite sure about Peru, but Argentinians have money to afford the best equipment (including those super PCs made for gamers) yet they play no-steam shit. I don't think you would like, think "hey I've just wasted 1kUS$ on this shit, and now I'll just save myself 10 bucks cos' there's a non-steam sv here, and I'm the king of the world". I guess it implies to entirely change the whole scene, since all the massive servers are non-steam, and that pretty much fucks up the whole thing. Or maybe we're just all poor bastards, could be true.
2012-02-08 02:13
 | 
Greece her-1g
he is a troll dont bother reply to him...
2012-02-08 02:15
the same happens in Peru, too many non steam servers, that fucks you up if you open a steam server. that probably happens on most nations around us. CS here is as alive as it was there were CPLs around (CPL WT Chile anyone?), the thing is that the gaming community died on the US that hit us hard and is the reason why we don't get too many chances to compete with international teams.
2012-02-08 04:53
I'm not gonna discuss about why our competitive scene didn't develop since CPL times or SA teams can't afford a full-camp in Europe because it has absolutely nothing to do with the US gaming community dying (which is wrong, since there are many games out there with even bigger communities than the ones we have related to CS, I can take as an example the LoL community I'm part of, quite bigger).
2012-02-08 22:57
"died" it is obvious that now the US gaming scene is getting back to what it was before theCGS with LoL and SC2. still, the MLG and other US tourneys are no were near to what the CPL used to be.
2012-02-08 23:31
1kk at Season One Championship (Dreamhack) I don't remember a CPL near to those numbers (unless we take the CPL tour back in the days, still Dreamhack was just 1 tournament)
2012-02-09 00:49
So what? Dreamhack is a european event, Swedish to be precise. And that was the first chance many people got to watch LoL competition on a huge event, at least that was the first time I saw a LoL match. Also the only way you can watch LoL games is via stream, so that explains why many people knew how to tune in to watch that event. CS has more ways to be watched (HLTV, streams,demos, movies), to have a clue about the numbers of spectators you had to take a look at each of those numbers, not only one. even tho you can always watch the demos, HLTVs got huge numbers back then: img257.imageshack.us/img257/8728/skvseye.. btw, DotA 2's The International had more viewers than LoL's Season 1, around twice as much. twitter.com/#!/Steam_Support/status/103831520770400258
2012-02-09 01:27
You are misleading. Never said anything about spectators, HLTV or DotA. Also, it doesn't matter that the first time you saw LoL was at Dreamhack, it's been there before (just to quote an example, Go4LoL every weekend with the top teams, which is ESL West and ESL Scandinavia/Russia/Ukraine). I first spoke about US gaming community (as you mentioned) which in r/gaming is far stronger than any FPS (I'm not even sure there's a subreddit on CS 1.6) and many games as well Then, I've spoken of the prize pot ONLY at Dreamhack, you have WCG and IEM WC as majors and other big tournaments (as KoE last weekend, for example) and circuits (we having a couple at Shanghai and Singapore). I fuckin love Counter Strike with all my heart, just answering your wrong thoughts on why the CS scene in the US has died and why other gaming communities are growing.
2012-02-09 02:10
"most of southamericans" Not sure it's a fact, since the majority of the Brazilian CS scene does it the "Steam way". However, it's true that in Peru and Argentina you have many many non-steam-ers.
2012-02-08 02:08
yea tru that, I totally forgot about the BR scene, even tho they are a huge part of south america :D
2012-02-08 04:54
 | 
Greece her-1g
british people...who gives a sh*t about their opinion. They were always retarded
2012-02-08 02:15
satation wins flawless victory.
2012-02-09 00:02
interesting but no.
2012-02-08 02:04
PROMOD > CSGO > 1.6 > source. Go fuck yourselves
2012-02-08 02:05
You mean, 1.6 > PROMOD > CSGO > Source :)
2012-02-08 03:17
Troll for your life!
2012-02-08 04:05
return to your pokeball, pidgey!
2012-02-09 01:02
epic win
2012-02-09 02:20
what loads of bullshit..i mean,HALO?seriously?LOL!and why all the hate towards 1.6 community?css was the game that split communities,not 1.6,1.6 joined them together for the first time!
2012-02-08 03:42
This article seems to be wrote by a 5 years old kid, stupid arguments, like if Valve paid him to write that load of shit
2012-02-08 03:58
well esea and valve are in partnership :D
2012-02-08 05:03
rly ? This explains everything :D
2012-02-08 23:42
not official but they invited few to look at it and give them some feedback eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=com..
2012-02-09 00:04
its an opinion article written by one esea writer, and you can clearly see from the comments it wasn't very popular
2012-02-08 05:33
+1
2012-02-08 06:54
As long as we enjoy playing 1.6, we will stick to 1.6 . Sure we can be open-minded about other games (cs:go in this case), but it's not going to replace the game we still love playing.
2012-02-08 07:35
weak opinion and poor facts to back them up, horrible article.
2012-02-08 07:50
lol, its the writer, and hes a fucking moron. it literally has nothing to do with ESEA or the american community... the guy is from the UK for christ's sake
2012-02-08 08:22
all i get from this is he promos cs go so badly :D:D makes me wonder if this is his true opinion or he just folow some "orders"
2012-02-08 08:29
qp | 
France panic-D-
The writer is such an idiot, he probably can't play 1.6 because he suck balls and he's playing source which is way easier (except nadeS) lololo
2012-02-08 08:39
the reason counter strike 1.6 is a better game is it does not aim to be realistic, it is purely tactical and strategic. everything from throwing grenades (angles, degrees), movement, registration mechanics, recoil patterns, money system (source even managed to make this less of a factor), positioning, spam spots, boost spots, object sizes (boxes for example). i could go in to depth on all these points but i'd be here all day. in regard to 1.6 players being stubborn and not giving css a chance, when it was released the entire community was pumped for a new game and everyone tried it out extensively. the reason people went back to 1.6 was they simply enjoyed the challenge more. a lot of the people i saw stick with css were either the younger players/new players, the players in lesser teams or the ones who love the whole team representation, sponsorship and all of the out of game logistics. the reason 1.6/source are "dying" is because a 15 year old isn't going to go out and purchase a game made in 1999 or 2005, they will pick up the new cod or battlefield, or a non related game (rts,mmo for example). also i think this writer takes sponsors and spectators too much into consideration. i never started playing cs because of these things, i started because the game was awesome. thinking about running around on cs_italy for the first time really takes me back. joining a team and turning a video game into some what of a competitive sport was incredible. the reason i attempt to pick up any game at all these days is for competing. as far as cs:go is concerned, lurrpis is one opinion. i think the majority of us (just the same as when source was on the rise) are hoping the game will be a great tactical game which takes a lot of effort and skill to master but will also attract younger new generations to the game being a new title. if valve actually stick to their word and take the feedback of the community and adjust their game constantly it very well could make the 1.6 players swap over. we gave css a shot, we will give cs:go a shot, 1.6 players are intelligent we wont simply write a game off before its even released.
2012-02-08 09:23
Good read
2012-02-09 15:18
Waiting reply from 1.6 police.
2012-02-08 23:51
tHm | 
Denmark tHm
Hahahahaha Bitch Please
2012-02-08 23:54
He aint that stupid after all.. The writer of this blog. Well to be honest CS 1.6 aint that tempting as it has been. Well I know because I am quiting teh game :D.. And what I have seen CS:GO.. It will be never as good as CS 1.6 was, because All cant have ubergood computers to play game like CS:go.. And gaming is nothing without 100fps.. Contact me..I might give you Steam with CS 1.6 for free :D ps. I will say farewell you guys as I am quiting playing CS 1.6
2012-02-09 00:04
well the guy from valve/chad said the system requirements will be similar like css/portal 2. portal 2 uses the same engine as cs:go will. and the portal 2 system requirements arent that high. but yeah to get stable 100fps i guess you need a up to date pc. but i dont think that will be the main problem overall
2012-02-09 00:07
You specifically said ure quitting 1.6...so does that mean ure switching to source?!
2012-02-09 15:15
The picture captioned "StarCraft 2 - Counter-Strike's competition." isn't even of SC2. It's a picture of a Starcraft Brood War Proleague Grand Final.
2012-02-09 01:53
LOL, yeah, good find. SC2 is like WC3:Wings of Liberty to Koreans anyways.
2012-02-09 03:38
Lol Cant Stop laughing.. Best Joke Thread i have ever seen :))
2012-02-09 04:04
Going to be funny when most of you will buy csgo
2012-02-09 15:05
author is an idiot. Sure, it was amazing when HeatoN first pulled off that clutch in 2001. It was still kind of cool when shaGuar did the exact same thing in 2004. And yeah, maybe n0thing’s rendition in 2007 was alright I guess... but 2012? So football is same too? Same goals, same celebrations, same assists for over 50 years? Or basketball...or golf or everything... THE GAME THAT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EVERYTIME YOU PLAY IT - DOES NOT EXIST Counter-Strike 1.6 is the best competitive game ever! It's a sport.
2012-02-09 15:06
U MAD SOURCE? They said that cs 1.6 will die in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and again in 2012. Get the point? It's not even close to being boring.
2012-02-09 15:20
author has really big butthurt "...The 1.6 scene is stale, the players are stubborn, the teams are predictable, unchanging and completely monotonous..." YEA really monotonous - SK change Delpan for trace, fnatic add MODDI, we have a new mouz team Every year is different and this year seems to be really great ; )
2012-02-09 20:15
the same with any sport , likethe football ... messi alwas do the same moves n actions but it will never be boring 4 us lol : ) we r happy cuz we play this amazing game 1.6 cry n die matha fakaaa
2012-02-10 12:04
Gen.G
Cloud9
Forbidden
Rooster 2
Astralis
Heroic
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.