yep!.. this guy dont have any imagination in brain .. truly sad
Ye, I love the commentary but the camarawork isnt 100%. Especially on de_train (sk vs esc) I missed a lot of great action... I quess :)
The best way to do it would be with lurppis controlling the cam, but I can understand how they're doing it since Redeye is the host (alongside with Joe).
He's off a lot of times, but luckly for us Joe is the one in control for the Grand Final.
no you are not the only one sir , he stays on overview way to long , even seeing that zneel is pushing mid he changed to kyrstal on PINK ..
Would be better if Redeye would give controlling all in-game stuff for lurrpis..
Stop whining about everything... omg
Who cares, he is entertaining us by farting anyways.
Talking he is one of the best imo, maybe he should give the mouse to joe or lurppis...
anyway rahim > all
Him and Joe just talk they don't follow action :D
redeye is doing great, even if it's not perfect ! he's doing a great job.
He is the best cs-commentator over the whole world!!
ReDeYe is doing great job. Noone is perfect.
Red is referred as "CS Expert". He is a very good commentator but doesn't know much about CS
I dont care. He could know shit about CS and miss all the actions. I still love listening to him and he seems like a really cool guy. Born to be a caster
there need a good cameraman and redeye with joe miller :D
Redeye might be even worse in spectating than Rahim is. We lost like 85% of the action due to him
I'm really dissapointed about SK, but Lions deserve the 3rd place :)
I think that lurppis would be much better in controling of cameras
i really like redeye.
and i actually think the opposite.
he catches many things.
and i am wonderin which criteria should be used to judge this aspect.
from my point of view redeye does a GREAT job.
but giving lurppis the camera, would be no bad idea though.
i extra swiched from the german to english stream :P
haters gonna hate, stop whining
He's great. Great energy, great humor. And he knows a lot about CS.
guys , there are a few devoted people to cast game they make cs 1.6 living don't insult or mock at them please just tell gently what he needs to improve.
thank you Redeye lovely accent good chat
Would be perfect if lurppis would control the spectator view and Joe/Redeye would comment the game...misses so many damn action.
the commentators are very good and its pretty hard to predict where the action will happen so dont blame him he does his best
redeye is cool. i like him
THEY JUST HAVE TO FIND WHERE WILL BE ACTION !!!
Redeye is super awesome commentator...get over it biatches.
+1 if you miss hltv, seeing exactly the player you want, pressing 'E' to see the minimap whenever you like, pressing TAB, switching between players to see their HP, etc.
A few things for you haters to consider today.
1. I casted for nearly 10 hours straight without a break or any food, fatigue did set in a little towards the end of the day and I missed a few rounds of action which I shouldn't have, sorry.
2. I dont control the sounds, the event, the timing, the music or the stream, so all of you complaining at me about those things aren't really going to get anything back from me on those things.
3. I had no idea I would need to control the camera of the game at this event before I got here, otherwise I would have spent time getting used to it again. You have to understand that whilst I have commentated on CS for a long time (close to 10 years now) I havent controlled the camera for many years because the TV shows I have commentated on do not give that ability to us. ESL is different (and better in many ways) but that did mean that you got a very rusty camera man. I make no claim to being an expert on what to follow, I tried my best to see what was going on and in all honesty it was better than the game I did yesterday. However, I agree it would have been better to let Lurppis handle this in hindsight although you also have to understand it isnt as simple as just handing him the mouse, the setups are all differnet, the wiring would have needed changing and there are a ton of other production issues it would have raised. Never the less, I apologise for the poor camera stuff at times.
4. I am NOT a CS expert and I specifically asked ESL production to NOT use that under my name and instead just use my twitter handle or "commentator" because that IS what I am. I am there to make it interesting and entertaining and call the shots as they happen. I realise that won't please all of you, but that was why we had Lurppis to explain the finer detail for you, the hardcore fan. I'm not an expert and never claimed to be one, however I have spent the last ten years following, playing and commentating on CS.
5. You also need to think about things a little clearer. This event has a production crew of almost 200 people, it isn't just me and Lurppis sitting there doing it all, in fact we do very little and as such most of the things are out of our control. Just think about the amount of hours that go in to this to get it out to you.
6. Lurppis and Joe: Neither of them "wanted to punch" me at all. In fact, we all get on very well and respect what each other brings to the cast. I've been great friends with Joe for over 7 years now too.
7. Finally, in no way is this an excuse, but to let you know some of the demands on commentators at large events. It isn't them just sitting there spectacting. There is so much more going on, the producer in the ear with countdowns and commercials, listening to your co-commentator properly, watching two different screens at the same time, engaging the crowd in the audience and not just those watching from home, taking commands from the stage manager, updating the scores as we go along on the GUI, following the game at the same time and generally trying to make sure it is enjoyable to as wide an audience as possible. All of this obviouosly takes a hell of a lot of concentration and we won't always get it 100% right the way you want it.
I think there are a lot of harsh words in this thread too, you don't know me (obviously) and some of you have no idea how much preparation, effort and time goes in to this. On Monday I will head back to my normal day job having had to take off an entire week of holiday to do this. Sure, I love doing it so it's not a problem and whilst some of the posts in this thread are fair, most of the critique is just ridiculously over the top and very insulting. The last thing, after 10 hours straight casting 9 consecutive maps I need is flamers spouting shit without much reason. If you don't want coverage of CS, cool I guess, because if you abuse people who offer their time to give you the coverage in a game which is almost dead, they might just decide not to bother any more.
Luckily, I've seen this kind of response before and it's water off a ducks arse to me, but I did feel you should have some form of response, especially to those who have been constructive in this thread. To the flamers: Carry on, you won't be heard and one day you will learn you can't treat people like shit all the time.
Oh and one of the reasons the camera is better when its me and Joe is because I have the overlay up 100% of the time on my screen, which enables Joe and I to see the action and move to it as it happens. Lurppis prefers to use his to find things going on for analysis during and after the round. That makes it a lot different to when Joe and I do it.
The complaints in this thread also amount to 0.03% of the viewers, which in the grand scheme of things is not much, especially when I more than you know understand you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time.
i don't have a direct problem with redeye, but the duo of joe and redeye doesn't work, there isn't enough cs knowledge for proper analysis of the games various aspects. it works much better with joe/redeye and a cs pro like lurppis.
I'm forced to watch German stream instead of this because this redeye guy
-can't control the camera (he has a gift to always look on the opposite site of map than where is the action; and no, it's not a "commentator's curse" as he likes to label it, it's just lacking sense for the game)
-shows POV of team on full eco
-follows a player for 2 minutes JUST because he scored 3 or more frags in the previous round, regardless of what he does in current round (there's no adrenaline mode in CS, you know)
-sometimes I prefer the commentator to shut up, especially in 1on1 situations so I can hear the game sounds
-I don't know how you guys but I really don't need to hear who fragged who. I CAN SEE THAT. speaking of which so many times he mistakes the players who fragged / was fragged.
-he's trying to do game/player analysis but doesn't possess required game knowledge to do so (2 rounds for T on train is "just enough, never expects forced buy after lost first round etc)
-gets overexcited very easily, even after boring frags (OK I agree this is completely subjective)
-shows overview WAY too much , it's really sufficient to show it for 2 seconds and anyone who plays CS for longer than 1 year will understand what's going on); I remember he showed overview several times during attack on a plant
Mr. Redeye call me a "hater" , I don't care, but maybe the reason this thread exists is that you considered people like me or other critics "haters" and failed to progress in your commentating skill by simply being defensive and sensitive to all negative feedback.
haha lurppis is funny with microphone
the issue with HLTV in general is that you have to scroll through players you cannot just press 0-9 and get all ten players that way, you have to quickly click through and proably miss the action either way if its a fast round, and auto director is proably the worst thing ever following nades/bomb to the ground xD
Lurppis and ReDeYe was the best combination imo.
This is why many people thinks cs 1.6 is gonna die. People like Redeye,Joe and Lurppis is working like hell and some come here only complain. Plz respect the work those guys is doing, without them probably none of us will see this fantastic and entertaiming game or SPORT. i rest my case
REDEYE = GOLDENVOICE
keep respect kid
Wtf are you talking about?! ReDeYe is an awesome commentator,I almost felt on my ass when I heard he's going to cast IEM.Back in the days I was sad because he casted WCG only. :(
mastermind, tu vel dziivs? =D
redeye is EXPERT... he knows what he's doing, you iritated children get annoyed almost at every thing... I would see you doing his job...
redeye just doesn't understand shit.
seriously why ppl is calling him expert? for what reason?
I like RedEye commentating :) i like he`s voice , his very proffesional , and about missing the action , its impossible to switch camera between players in action , and guessing which of them will kill enemy or do awesome action , sometimes when i watch a demo i need to repeat some rounds because i miss some good kills or moves , i think he switch camera to overview very often because he wants to show peoples what strategies teams are doing in each round , so i think its very proffesional :)i think RedEye and Joe are the best commentators right now , i think lurrpis is great too but i think hes not talking as much as them , and their voices are dA_b357!!
Controlling a camera is not as easy as it might seem lolz
usually casters like to have an overview of the map + the fp they're spectating, so that way it's easier to guess where the action will happen...if you have only view, it's virtually impossible to find all the actions, since switching to overview in the middle of the action is not pleasant for the viewers and that way probably all the action will be missed anyways!
But anyways hatersg0nnahate
I do really pity this thread. Like what the hell? Aren't you happy, that people try to make an event better for you? Don't you see they're doing this to support our beloved game? You ought to thank this man. I really think he has done all that he could and even MUCH MUCH more than you have yet done in your life.
heaton/walle should do this, they are so fucking good team and dont miss any intresting kills.
All of you would be better ofc. *sarcasm*
Missed a few rounds, sure. But do you expect anyone to actually give you all the action in a game like CS and the game's spectator mode? I like redeye (mostly because he wears a suit, how it should be), and I think he does well together with Joe.