Thread has been deleted
Last comment
CSGO Dying???
World LambdaZ69 
I've seen this thread posted countless times here up on hltv always causing the same debate so i thought I'd take some time to research the stats and come to my own conclusion. Hopefully this thread can be the one to end them all. All my ideas have been put together in this video, let me know your thoughts aswell. Cheers guys! :D youtube.com/watch?v=hr-I6kGwc6k&t=1s
2017-08-16 01:57
Of course it is dying...
2017-08-16 01:57
Yeah well that's what I thought, it's felt so much less hyped. But the stats and ideas i found seemed to suggest otherwise :/
2017-08-16 02:00
I've said it multiple times ago and no one believed me... CS:GO is the type of game that will always have a fanbase, but it at the end of the day it will be a dead game soon or later. There is so much more games coming out each and every single year that compete csgo as a game and the games that already exist are getting updates, new stuff, bug fixes and etc. What do we have in csgo tho?! New update - guess what - new case with new skins, new spray and sticker offers and that's it. There is basically nothing to change, add or remove... It's a game that already reached his peak and now it's slowly going to die. You can't have a game that has tournaments for millions and millions of dollars each year and at the same time that game doesn't even have proper anti-cheat. The biggest percentage of the players are playing only MM and valve can't even update the servers to 128 tickrate... why? Because they don't want to invest more money into a game that they know is gonna die soon. Simple as that.
2017-08-16 02:19
Yeah I completely agree valve is currently doing a shit job at keeping their game alive, it's only the dedicated players that are doing that. And yet the figures don't seem to lie, we currently have the strongest player base we have ever had and it doesn't even slightly look like slowing down? I think if valve can really clean up their act sooner or later CS could really get flying again!
2017-08-16 02:33
Well as you said valve killed the gambling, twitch as well. That's why cs;go dropped from twitch so much, and that's why everything around cs;go is not the same as it was before the letters from valve. CSGO now is mainly used as moneymaking machine. We all know how much money you can make out from csgo, and that's what people do. Really small amount of the unique players per month are actually playing and who have actually passion about the game. As I said below - more than 50% of that numbers are either trade bots, scamming accounts, smurf accounts and accounts created for cheating. That's it...
2017-08-17 02:21
I'm sorry but how can you say that given we're having the highest number of average players in-game? Trade bots and scamming accounts never actually enter the game and smurfing and cheating is at best minimal. Where are you getting your numbers from?
2017-08-17 02:58
When I was playing csgo as my main game, I had like 4,5 active accounts that I've played with... I'm pretty sure most of the users have at least 1 more account that they use on monthly bases. That number you see as monthly users means how many people started the game last month, not how many people are playing the game... I hope you understand that. Also csgo community is full of scammers that have alt accounts and keep active so they can gain hours and seem active on the accounts. The other thing is cheaters - you have no idea how many cheaters are out there that as well which new accounts require to be active in the game in order to play.
2017-08-17 04:09
No i'm sorry but you're wrong, it's actually the average number of users playing the game at any given time across a time period of a month. So yes it is a good approximation to the popularity of the game. I'm sorry but you're just plain wrong, have you even watched the video?
2017-08-17 23:43
No I'am sorry but you're wrong, this game if full of cheaters, mm prime non prime, faceit even on esea tons cheaters you have no clue you fucking noob, you don't even know to strafe in cs this game is 20 years old LMAO go kys, you are the typical noob with m9 bayonet skin but probably cant even get out of dmg, and then toogle hacks which your mom paid from prostitution. #FUCKCSGO #RUNPUBG btw i had like 10 accs 2 now with cs go my friend had like 15 all that TommorowLand said is true respect for this honest guy.
2017-08-18 03:05
swag | 
Germany PHYSIXXX 
Players better than you -> Cheater?
2017-08-18 07:17
no players that have 0 kills 6 rounds and then call time out and then we lose 16:6, scout 3 kills thru doors, 4 deagle hs etc suddenly flusha, coldzera etc you understand me, don't get mad hacker but it's always obvious
2017-08-18 07:18
swag | 
Germany PHYSIXXX 
Idk which game you are playing but its been a long time since my last cheater. But maybe its because i dont get mad when the score is 0:5 and when the enemy hits some Lucky shots. I admit there are a lot of cheaters but since the prime thing and everyone is like "omg this game is full of cheaters" you guys get mad when a Player is better than you and just look for an excuse for that you lost.
2017-08-18 07:33
Yeah i'm pretty sure he's just bad. I haven't even considered having a cheater in my game for a long time.....
2017-08-24 01:49
I think you should do some research about that number bro, you are not right here.
2017-08-18 03:16
I literally showed you a picture of it in the video? Are you that delusional xDDD
2017-08-18 13:04
Why are you being that mad about sharing my thoughts lol... If you think you are right, there is nothing I can do to stop you from believing it. I can't force you to stop playing the game, do whatever you want and whatever makes you happy. But please don't be such a pain in the ass when you create thread on that topic and when someone actually spends time to talk about it.
2017-08-18 17:38
He's being mad because you're demonstrably incorrect but you're still being a fucking delusional idiot and denying it, that's why.
2017-08-24 01:11
2nd acc?
2017-08-24 02:38
its clear to every one that you are retarded lol
2017-09-13 13:55
3rd one it is.
2017-09-13 14:47
+1 you're my man you said everything, you said the truth, I got sick from this game, before like a year and half i was lvl 10 on faceit 2100 elo now i cant get out of 7 max 8 so many cheaters i start shaking my friend quit long time ago we play the game from like 2005, mm prime non prime i won't even talk about, there is even cheaters on esea i know many of them mostly germans, i respect you for saying the truth and being honest, i love cs but this is just garbage i switched to pubg like 5 months ago. fuck cs go run pubg
2017-08-18 03:07
I switched to league also like 5 months ago and I feel a lot better... I haven't touched csgo really long time now, and I don't feel like i lost something from it. And I was on a pretty good level... I played for org, I've won stuff and It hurts me to say that, but csgo is actually a game that has no future anymore. There is nothing to be added nor updated in the game to make more people interested in it. It reached the point where the only thing they can add is new cases, skins and stickers/sprays. For example in league they are adding new champion every like a couple of months, they are changing the items [adding new ones] and they do stuff to actually change the meta. Doing same shit over and over again is like pain in the ass if you ask me. Can you tell me what valve did in the last like year, year and a half? Tell me one significant thing they've done... I think i have the answer on that one. Volvo doesn't even want to make the mm servers 128 tickrate, and we know for sure that's not impossible and that doesn't cost that much money. We are talking about a company that's worth billions of dollars, if you can't afford to make your game better, then you either know it's gonna die soon and it has no future, or you are just greedy for more and more money and you don't want to invest anything anymore in that game which brings back to the game not having future anymore.
2017-08-18 03:26
you're right i play league too from time to time, the most important thing is there is no hacks/scripts in league, every script that comes out riot fixes and bans it so fast so you don't even notice it, they work hard and i respect them, valve is just a money whore why making good anti cheat when every banned cheater buy 10+ accounts, and as you said after i quitted cs go i feel like a new person, that game really made me depressed, especially after grinding so hard you lead 6:0 you only see time out they toogle you lose 6:16 insta skill etc i really hope it dies fast and the cheaters and skins traders and collectors with it
2017-08-18 03:33
I guess there is people who still think CSGO has future, which I respect as well... but I'm pretty sure even they know that this game is going to die soon, they just don't want to accept it which is understandable
2017-08-18 03:34
Yea those are the newbies that just came into the game, cheaters, skin enthusiasts and collectors, scammers and those who made a living out of skins/scamming etc, but it will die just a matter of time, even wow died with tons of content with 0 hackers 0 bugs why wouldn't cs go with such company as valve
2017-08-18 03:44
FalleN | 
Argentina Erase 
dont you think that csgo is getting more for competitive players than for players that play for fun ? l think that time at time, the game gonna be cleaning the players that play for fun, and focus con competitive/pro side... and l think there gonna be a point where gonna be only the competitive players and the fans of that players, and a regular amount of players that play for fun.. l mean, the game is a team-based game, its obv that common users gona get bored in some point and start complain, but who give a fuck, couse the game is focused on competitive, if you want fun, go cod, bf, pubg.
2017-08-18 06:22
You are not right mate... CSGO will never be a game without it's players. You can't have a game that has 8000 players (that's pretty much the number at this point) that are actually playing on competitive level. CSGO won't even exist if people are not paying for skins and playing the actual game. It's like saying you can watch football and be a fan of a team[s], but you can't play the game itself. That just sounds stupid.
2017-08-18 06:26
FalleN | 
Argentina Erase 
l dont understand your point of view, so l guess the best answer is wait at least, mid 2019 to see how it goes... l mean, we can say that csgo is an esport and esport is evolving in all the world.
2017-08-18 06:32
I was just sharing my thoughts. :)
2017-08-18 06:33
I think you dont know Why it is 64 Tick. Valve works with esea and faceit to get more Money out of Players, stupid kid. Csgo won't die, more and more Players are joining this Game. Compare a Major from 2014 and now
2017-08-17 01:39
Why am I comparing major with a major? Half the viewers (at least) are bots and fake accounts... is that how you get your point? Also the unique players per month are half scammers, cheaters and smurfs. Is that it bro? Where is your point at.
2017-08-17 02:17
Awesome where you getting these numbers "half" from? xD
2017-08-17 03:29
 | 
Brazil adre221 
CS is the type of game that will never die, because it doesn't need updates to stay relevant, just because the game is a competitive e-sports means that there will always be people playing it, just like dota or lol.
2017-08-18 04:47
If you think that way - ok, but don't compare cs;go to games that are actually worth something, and obviously someone cares about them.
2017-08-18 05:38
 | 
Brazil adre221 
Stop being butthurt, csgo is a great game.
2017-08-18 05:39
If it is that great why valve doesn't pay the pro players salaries like riot does with league? Because they don't give a fuck about the community, the pro scene etc... You can't compare these games to each other in terms of fan base... CSGO will be stuck AT BEST on its current level and you know that.
2017-08-18 05:44
 | 
Brazil adre221 
Because there are orgs that already do that? The pro players already have a pretty good salary, and valve hosts 1M$ events 2/3 times a year, what else do they need to do, they need to wipe your ass so you don't feel butthurt?
2017-08-18 05:46
Wait wha? In league the orgs also pay salaries to the players, and they get times more than cs;go players does. 2/3 times a year? Cool. Also why am I being "butthurt"? I'm just sharing an opinion like you do. Do I say you are butthurt or something else?
2017-08-18 05:50
 | 
Brazil adre221 
It's unecessary for valve to pay the players salaries, they already are very well paid by their organizations, valve aren't a bad company for not giving salaries for people that don't even need it. I'm saying that you're butthurt because you seem to be unexplicably salty towards valve.
2017-08-18 05:53
I'm salty because they fucked up a game that I spend like 15k hours in. Of course I will be salty... I'm not saying they are a bad company. Does a bad company run a single tournament with $25mil.? No. If they put at least a little bit attention in csgo, it would be a lot better, but they just seem to not give enough fuck. I guess I'm not right again... :)
2017-08-18 05:56
 | 
Brazil adre221 
How exactly did they fucked up a game? Just how they managed to create a 10$ game people are willing to spend 15k hours on are pretty impressive to me, as far as I'm concerned they didn't do anything wrong.
2017-08-18 05:57
The thing is they didn't do anything... They changed the sounds (which imo was super unnecessary), they have literally the worst anticheat in the history of esports, they will never add 128 tickrate servers to mm even tho the biggest percentage of the people are playing only mm... the only thing they do constantly is add new cases with skins that are not even created by them and they make a shit ton of money because of it. Yes, I did spend 15k hours in the game and I'm happy about it, because I had really great moments, I met a lot of good people, BUT I just couldn't do it anymore. It's 15k hours bro... Do you know how many days is that? 625. Of course the game will become boring as fuck, and I also played on semi-pro level which is something completely different from the things hltv knows about the game. The thing is that a lot of player are and will keep quitting the game, because it's just something that doesn't change. It became boring for me, I don't know how it wouldn't for people spamming MM and faceit all the time.
2017-08-18 06:04
 | 
Brazil adre221 
They don't do anything because they don't need to, the game is fine as it is. The only thing they can do is polish the gameplay a little, which they are doing step by step, the last time they were doing fast changes there were a huge backstab from the community, mainly from the rework of the pistols and rifles, which they had to change back. Now they are adding things time by time, testing, analyzing, it's all they can do really. Ofc when you play a game for 15k it will get boring, it's impressive csgo even took that long for you, most games get boring before you play 50 hours. But csgo will never die, because there will always be new players coming into the game, and because it's multiplayer it's a game that'll never end, it's simple, fair, and every match is different, there will always be something to learn when playing one cs match. If developers kept adding things to the game, it would get too complicated, and the game would be like lol, there is always something new but there will be a time when it's just too much, and new players would be more likely to give up. As for the anti cheat part, I'm sure they're working on it, people think making anti cheats is as easy as gaben saying ''guys upgrade the anti cheat right now'', when in reality it's very complicated and it takes time to do. Valve already said anti cheat is one of their main goals, For the 64 tick part, there is a considerable amount of players that can't run 128 tick, myself included. Valve wants as many people as possible to play the game, that's why the graphics are simple and the game is cheap. If they were to update the tick in MM they would lose a fraction of their playerbase. If you can afford a PC that runs 128 tick, you can as sure as hell afford to pay esea or faceit.
2017-08-18 06:14
I'm with you on everything but the 128 tick part... What does that mean? I've played on such wooden pcs you actually have no clue, and 128 always feels a lot better no matter on what pc you are playing.
2017-08-18 06:22
 | 
Brazil adre221 
It's something about weak computers not being able to update things twice as fast reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/5l.. the first comment explains it very well
2017-08-18 07:26
Reddit is full of people who have no clue what they are talking about, but if they "explain" it, everyone thinks it's true. I'm not saying this is not true tho, it may be. I've played on a pc with 60-70 fps, and 128 tickrate server felt a lot better than 64. But let's be realistic here - how many people do you think are playing with that low fps in 2k17/8? I think the percentage is really small. Also with the recent updates my fps dropped a lot and I have a pc for ~$3k, so I'm not exactly sure if valve want to make the game a lot more playable for the people with low fps. That's not their goal for sure. I used to play with 350-400 fps stable at all maps, now it drops to 200... and the problem is not only with me, it has been a problem for a couple of months now. Anyway, I'm not playing the game anymore, and I don't think I will in the nearest future. God knows what's gonna happen in the next a couple of years... we might not even be alive.
2017-08-18 07:47
Hopefully it will die
2017-08-16 01:58
 | 
New Zealand imgur 
why
2017-08-16 02:10
yeah why man? XD
2017-08-16 03:03
 | 
Denmark ZESTCSGO 
Favourite Player Checks Out...
2017-08-16 11:08
hahahaha
2017-08-16 12:35
 | 
Pakistan Hassanmushtaq 
LOL
2017-08-17 23:49
 | 
Poland HooDle$ 
who?
2017-08-16 02:00
Who? What?
2017-08-16 19:18
 | 
Poland shadyman15 
Yea, the most views of all time in a cs tournament in pgl major (CS is dying, le 12 year olds) 0/8 bait
2017-08-16 02:06
 | 
Pakistan BLA7AR 
not sure if dumb or bait, but PGL major did not have as many as Eleague
2017-08-16 02:33
 | 
France DKdarKnight 
PGL major had more than E-League dude
2017-08-17 23:51
 | 
Pakistan BLA7AR 
From where did you get this info from.
2017-08-17 23:52
The video xDDDD
2017-08-17 23:53
 | 
Pakistan BLA7AR 
there is no way that is true because I read that the eleague major had at least 2 million total viewers.
2017-08-17 23:54
 | 
France DKdarKnight 
Not even close, I don't know where you read it but the grand final barely reached 1 million viewers on twitch
2017-08-17 23:56
 | 
Pakistan BLA7AR 
dexerto.com/news/e-league-csgo-major-bre.. Also I was watching the grand finals and I remember it breaking 1 million safely on twitch.
2017-08-17 23:57
 | 
France DKdarKnight 
Oh yeah 1 million at TV, but PGL didn't have a TV transmission and I was talking about internet viewers. If you count TV, then yes E-League is above
2017-08-17 23:59
 | 
Pakistan BLA7AR 
Yeah I was counting TV. They were both pretty similar. I think other organizers should also stream to TV if a lot of people watch TV. It's the reason why Eleague had so many views.
2017-08-18 00:13
ye that works too :D
2017-08-17 23:54
Wasn't meant as a bait, I genuinely put a lot of effort into this :D
2017-08-16 02:52
its dying but source 2 is gonna bring all the hype back when its launched
2017-08-16 02:07
Yeah i mentioned source 2 towards the end, I definitely do believe valve has the potential to bring the game back stronger than ever with source 2 :)
2017-08-16 02:08
sorry i didnt actually took the time to watch the video
2017-08-16 02:09
No worries you make a great point and I really do hope it happens!
2017-08-16 02:14
btw nice mic/voice/accent you got there, subbing but hoping for nice content :x
2017-08-16 02:15
Thanks a lot :D <3 I wont let you down
2017-08-16 02:21
Just thought I should point out Valve have already confirmed that Source 2 isn't going to be 1 update to end all updates, rather it will be a series of updates that will gradually improve CS:GO over time...those updates have already begun.
2017-08-17 00:29
Where you got these infos? I thought an atleast 3gb source update was coming soon :O
2017-08-18 01:26
Maybe it is, but that isn't a full "Source 2" update, it'll just be a part of it. I tried looking for the post I read it in, but I haven't found it yet. I'm pretty sure it was on Reddit at least 6 months or so ago. I'll keep looking...
2017-08-18 03:16
Hahaha...couldn't find it yesterday...1st link that came up today... reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/5o..
2017-08-18 03:19
 | 
Germany PoiSoN99 
Ofcourse it's not going to be one update because of all the bugs but it's still gonna be implemented sooner or later , starting of from 21st of August, with a 5 years anniversary update to csgo
 | 
New Zealand imgur 
its not dying just more competition also first yter who isnt cancer to advertise on hltv
2017-08-16 02:09
Yeah I agree. And thanks a lot, biggest compliment i've ever received xD
2017-08-16 02:12
 | 
New Zealand imgur 
np 99% of self promotions on hltv are stream clips
2017-08-16 02:18
Yeah, I've just tried to the best of my ability to answer a question that's important to a lot of people here and something i haven't really seen a definite answer for :D
2017-08-16 02:26
pretty good video bro
2017-08-16 02:15
Thanks a lot man! :D
2017-08-16 02:29
we all know ppl that say its dieing are baiting, just stop talking about this there are more and more money involved and money doesn't come from nowhere. You got people investing money and they would invest somewhere else if csgo was dieing not so long ago we got a 250k game between astralis and VP 250k for a fucking bo3
2017-08-16 02:22
Yup, so maybe if you watched the video you wouldn't be disagreeing with me :P
2017-08-16 19:22
 | 
Argentina CrayZ 
Good video my man!
2017-08-16 02:25
Thanks a lot! :D
2017-08-16 02:31
they need to do something about unprime mm so new players dont have to experience that
2017-08-16 02:28
 | 
Kazakhstan aqua4kz 
^this
2017-08-16 11:11
Yup definitely a big problem
2017-08-17 00:13
Dude this video is sick, legit I rarely post on this forum but I feel you need praise.. You've done your research and applied a solid factual evidence to an argument, I really cannot hack 90% of the threads made about this subject and the stupidly shitpost amount on roster shuffles or what players who have never been to LAN think PRO teams need to do in order to make their teams better, this is probably one of the best posts in a while, look forward to your future content dude.
2017-08-16 02:32
Wow, mate, that means so much to me thanks a lot! I'll keep doing my best and I hope you enjoy what I put out! And yeah I've never really been able to deal with a lot of threads on here but I thought I'd brave it anyway! :D
2017-08-16 02:36
I am not sure you made a pun about Teresa May when you said the PRO scene is "Strong & Stable" but I chuckled regardless, props man, keep up the good work!
2017-08-16 02:37
Hahaha yeah It was Intentional, I'm a brit so obviously down with all the brexit memes :P Thanks again! :)
2017-08-16 02:44
 | 
Europe mekkicsgo 
Good content! I think valve has to bring something new to the scene to make it more "interesting" maybe new map pool?
2017-08-16 02:41
Thanks a lot buddy! :D Yeah something definitely needs to change, they've got the money and employers I don't see why it hasn't happened yet. I really think source 2 could completely bring the game around. Not sure about map pool tho, if i've learned anything from CS players they love playing what they're familiar with xD
2017-08-16 02:46
 | 
Europe mekkicsgo 
Agreed ^^ new d2 would bring so much hype :Pp
2017-08-16 11:07
Yeyeye it definitely would, as long as they don't ruin the fps, or ruin the map xD
2017-08-16 23:59
 | 
World johnDOE 
What a surprise! Shitty community, cheaters, valve dont give a fuck about the game, do the math..also ESL and Faceit streaming their tournaments on youtube helped a lot to destroy the viewership
2017-08-16 02:56
Bloody hell yeah youtube was one of the main factors for the decrease can't believe I didn't mention it! Valve really need to do something otherwise they'll be letting a lot of money slip through their fingers, frustrating how little they do tbh :/
2017-08-16 02:57
n0thing | 
United Kingdom TANG0 
Bro, we follow each other on Twitter already? :D
2017-08-16 11:11
hahahaha shit really? what a coincidence! I've only been using twitter properly for a few days aswell :D
2017-08-17 00:00
 | 
India alex_gupta 
nice video bra
2017-08-16 12:44
Thanks a lot m8! :D
2017-08-16 12:52
Chinese people dota2 chinese people lol thats why computers are popular
2017-08-16 13:02
Yeah I guess, soon we'll be seeing plenty of chinese on CSGO. Hopefully.
2017-08-16 13:03
will be dead soon.
2017-08-16 13:05
Could be, but there's a lot valve could do to stop it or even make CSGO a much bigger game :D
2017-08-16 13:08
 | 
New Zealand imgur 
valve wont let it die new operation new dust2 etc they wont let it die
2017-08-17 02:08
Yup still plenty of things they can do, only question is whether they'll do them or just release loads of new skins..... :/
2017-08-17 23:40
It is dying because of PUBG.
2017-08-17 00:14
 | 
New Zealand imgur 
its not dying pubg when fall once the hype dies (still be popular) and csgo will remain top dog
2017-08-17 00:19
 | 
Other steven513 
+1 like the overwatch hype which wasn't too big, more comparable to h1z1, it's pretty much dead now
2017-08-17 00:31
Yup definitely will! :D
2017-08-17 02:07
I think to some extent we've lost streamers because of PUBG, but I think the current situation would still be the same even without it.
2017-08-17 00:23
PUBG will die sooner or later anyways ,same like h1z1
2017-08-17 00:26
Don't be too sure
2017-08-18 02:01
 | 
Czech Republic MSQT 
What happened to dayz and h1z1? Ask urself :)
2017-08-17 00:26
Think PUBG has a lot more to it then H1z1 already, but you're right a decline will surely come.
2017-08-17 23:48
Rainbow six seems to be growing too
2017-08-18 00:29
Not at an exponential rate but yeah for sure! :D
2017-08-18 01:27
Yes, it is slowly growing and many players come from cs too. My friends that arent into gaming like to watch it too. I hope it grows more and maybe make valve worry more about cs
2017-08-18 03:15
Yeah that's a good point may be a trigger for valve to do something. May also be something to put a hault to COD pro scene?
2017-08-18 13:06
I didnt even know cod pro scene was a thing lol
2017-08-18 15:07
hahaha yeah, because of the popularity of the game the prize pools are pretty massive too!
2017-08-18 15:16
I didnt knew that, i tought it had small prize pools and faze dominated everything.
2017-08-18 16:06
I only really know of Faze and Optic but i'm pretty sure there are some other big teams too
2017-09-04 01:50
You can literally use data provided from Steam to see that shit steamcharts.com/app/730
2017-08-17 00:38
If you'd watched the video you'd know there was so much more to it :P
2017-08-17 01:27
Its already dead. Shroud quit, n0thing retired.... who cares about CS now Kappa
2017-08-17 01:27
Lol nt m80 :D
2017-08-17 02:06
 | 
North America bloodwolf1710 
good video
2017-08-17 02:28
Thanks a lot bud! :D
2017-08-17 02:41
 | 
United Kingdom FraserLK50 
HLTV needs more people like you
2017-08-17 04:03
hahaha cheers mate :)
2017-08-17 04:20
 | 
Germany ConAction 
CS:GO will never die ! <3333 Best game for ever!
2017-08-17 04:08
+
2017-08-17 04:22
Yeeeeeee boi :D
2017-08-24 12:06
SK's manager once said CS:GO was just like him.
2017-08-17 04:15
LMAOOO
2017-08-17 04:22
Dying? It's the only relevant FPS game. PUBG is a shit-tier game that is overhyped and will be fun for a while like H1Z1, but it's not a competetive game in the same sense as CS is. Plus the game is so poorly optimized it's not even funny.
2017-08-17 04:21
guessing you didn't watch the video :P
2017-08-17 04:24
ofcourse not, just talking in general to people that has replied to the thread.
2017-08-17 04:25
Great, yup that does make sense then :D
2017-08-17 04:26
 | 
Germany ConAction 
+1
2017-08-17 04:35
 | 
United Kingdom INGEMARSSON_ 
Solid video +1 Fellow Brit +1 Fellow Southerner +1 Personally, I think it's important that new maps are brought in - maybe one a year - to prevent stagnation. There also needs to be a tournament once a year, or every other year, that is a stand out tournament different to all the others. At the moment all the tournaments feel the same, the only thing that differs are the prize pools.
2017-08-17 23:57
Yeah It all feels very unorganised with very little emphasis to be honest. Thanks btw :D -1 to the fellow southerner tho, born in south, living up north :P xD sorry my friend
2017-08-18 01:04
 | 
You know nothing fake Jon Snow. You are a Southerner!
2017-08-18 01:14
hahaha if only, sorry to let you down D: Glad you enjoyed the video tho mate! :)
2017-08-18 01:16
 | 
Australia Raychippy5 
CS GO IS DEAD
2017-08-17 23:58
yeeeeee..... No :)
2017-08-18 01:05
+1000000
2017-08-18 03:43
 | 
World JapaK1ng 
I have a question guys, unfortunately at Brazil, the number of cheaters are so big, like 1 of 3 matches we play against cheaters. So, is the same at your country/server ?
2017-08-18 00:11
As far as I can say in the UK the problem isn't nearly as bad :( sorry
2017-08-18 01:24
 | 
Brazil Roufas 
If starcraft broodwar is any indication of an e-sport that will never die with the much smaller fanbase it has, one can only wonder. Peple will be saying CS GO is dying 10 years from now for sure.
2017-08-18 00:11
Yeah I hope you're right!
2017-08-18 01:36
 | 
Brazil VAC0 
you didn't say about CSGO on TV. Here (Brazil) all sports channels already have specific content competing with the internet. daily programs of games. SPORTV: transmits the great championships ESPN: transmits with exclusivity "Brazil Cup of CSGO" Esporte Interativo: transmits some championships and produce many content about CSGO. interviews, highlights, live participations of SK players and others persons in the field
2017-08-18 00:13
WOW! Didn't even know that even existed :D Thanks for the info buddy you've really taught me something there! How popular are these TV shows?
2017-08-18 01:22
 | 
Brazil VAC0 
here the largest open TV channel (Rede Globo) has 25M watching at the same time in main tv news. Globo has sport channel too (SporTv) which is a huge monopoly. In football Globo have exclusivity with brazilian (national selection) , nacional league, for decades. and already buy with exclusivity the broadcast rights of major. I assure you that whoever receives this money from Globo are receiving huge amount of money for exclusivity... this broadcast rights auction must be happening all over the world. making CSGO grow
2017-08-18 04:28
That's absolutely huge numbers man. Surprised not many European and NA people know about this. Makes CSGO seem a lot bigger than I first thought!
2017-08-24 01:43
brasil has monkeys bananas thieves trihards and off duty cops that is all you have filth
2017-08-18 03:43
 | 
Brazil VAC0 
ok. we have this here... there are 200 million of pop... your mom, sisters and cousins would be welcomed... we need more whores
2017-08-18 04:34
sorry mine don't marry/deal with bastard hybrids, you are literally mix of monkeys with latino and other europeans, you are half beats half human smORC /////////////////////////////// we wuz kings dindu nuffin me from bra71l me eat banana me monki
2017-08-18 04:36
Mentis I was actually going to reply to your argument with some integrity above, but now I've seen this comment I know you are nothing more than an ignorant racist fuck. Get the fuck out of here If you have nothing constructive to say.
2017-08-18 13:08
 | 
United Kingdom ryb1kkk 
A brit with a world's flag :thinking:
2017-08-18 00:29
Yeah no offence to my fellow brits but I'd rather people listen and consider what i have to say first before they accuse me of being a "UK fag" and what not xD
2017-08-18 01:05
 | 
United Kingdom ryb1kkk 
I can respect that.
2017-08-18 01:06
Thanks for understanding :P If only UK had strong scene
2017-08-18 01:07
 | 
United Kingdom ryb1kkk 
I still don't understand what does being british and having no scene have to do with actual understanding/analysing the game or scene. Just hltv things I suppose xD
2017-08-18 01:09
Yup HLTV is an interesting place to be. I mean to be fair to them a lot of us are cunts. But really as individuals we can be quite talented and intelligent :DDD
2017-08-18 01:15
 | 
I don't understand why we have no scene.
2017-08-18 01:15
Guess it's due to the investment into the game in the country, there's no passion or drive to be the best. We have insomnia, but that's just an excuse to have a few pints and play some games with the lads. It's our zero fucks attitude to life that lets us down xD
2017-08-18 01:24
 | 
United Kingdom ryb1kkk 
Me neither fam. I wish we had a specific region separated from EU, like CIS or Asia, where UK lads were fighting just between each other. Perhaps we could have had a few solid teams that could compete AT LEAST on t2 level.
2017-08-18 01:25
 | 
Just seeing these Gfinity results has made me wince... I guess if you're a UK player and you want to make some ground you have to go to the continent! Shame :/
2017-08-18 01:29
Bro it's like this.... yesterday I was playing with a guy that was in our team *forgot the name, I was pretty baked to be honest, I only play cs after a nice joint ;)* but cause of him we had like 30 viewers. Nothing great but it's a team that vs's Athletico, Funky Monkeys, Grayhounds etc. which are like 'decent' teams for Australia, shit in Europe or NA though. Though tbh, he wasn't that great either and I even out fragged him by like a couple of kills (I'm 23 though and have been playing since 1.6) - anyhow we asked a few questions and he mentioned he's on a salary of $300 a week.... my first thought was no wonder Australia has no scene... I'm 23 and I make $300 per day.... and this poor guy makes it in a week. You see, my rent is $530 a week, you couldn't even pay rent with such income, which shows why our country has no scene. You'd make more packing shelves at Kmart or working at KFC than playing CS GO in Aus.
Maybe he just sucks at the game?
2017-08-24 01:41
why bother pursuing a counter strike dream related career to only earn a potential salary of around $3000 - $4000 a month? (and this is an assumption for Renegades seeming they're the best in the Aus scene) made that assumption considering Envy is on like 6k a month, Astralis is on 10k a month etc. However, when you can just get a degree and earn the same if not more without taking much risk why bother? I mean you could be a carpet layer here, run your own business and make a minimum of 3k a week/12k a month.... you have a better chance of being a rugby league player and make way more than being a pro aussie cs go player, which you'd have to be known globally to even make a considerable amount. our wages here don't really compare to eastern Europe man. my uncle in Poland is a manager of a coal mine and only takes home, 2.5ka month...which in Poland is heaps.. I earn that in a week and a half at work..
2017-08-25 01:01
If you think the Astralis boys only earn 10k a month you must be pretty deluded xD
2017-09-03 17:42
salary wise, yes. which is what banks look for primarily when you apply for a loan. my figure doesn't include prize monies, sponsors, sales commission etc.
2017-09-03 23:12
hmmmmmmm
2017-09-11 23:56
 | 
Turkey Bamfitz 
dying? it's already dead.
2017-08-18 01:25
I disagree :(
2017-08-18 01:28
 | 
Turkey Bamfitz 
ok. but it's dead.
2017-08-18 23:52
You just totally disagreeing with the video based on your own, wrong, opinion? :P
2017-08-19 12:28
+1
2017-08-18 03:42
It's not actually dying, more like massively growing. People that say it's dying are washed-up 40 year old 1.6 players who once played in a local lan of 50 people and finished 4th out of 4 teams.
2017-08-18 02:45
well when a game like PUBG beta game made on a china ship by 2 guys, peek over CSGO with like 100k more players/day i guess CSGO is not on the right way.
2017-08-18 03:49
xD
2017-08-18 13:08
 | 
Turkey AKagNA 
I was playing for 2.5 years but I have left it now, I deleted cs and i really dont want to play it anymore, because of cheaters, because of optimization, because of fucking physics bro..
2017-08-18 02:53
+1
2017-08-18 03:42
ppk | 
Brazil 4vengerr 
+1 I've been playing since it launched, but nowadays, it just getting worse
2017-08-18 06:13
How so?
2017-08-24 01:02
FalleN | 
Argentina Erase 
Do you think that source2 will change alot the movement and hitboxes ?
2017-08-18 06:27
I feel like those are 2 things they will definitely try to avoid changing :P
2017-08-19 12:30
Counter-Strike has always been the #1 team based competitive game on pc since it's creation in 1999. It isn't dying. It's not going anywhere. Especially with all of this money flying around...if the game survived as the most competitive FPS in the world on pc for over 15 years where the largest tournament prize pot of the year was $50,000 total..then players aren't going anywhere when they already make double from their contracts alone...
2017-08-18 06:41
bro back in the days I could play 1.6 and source all night as a teenage kid. nowadays I still play again being 23, more settled in, working full time got my own place etc. and the fact that I hate learning new games. But CS GO sucks compared to the old days.... amount of cheaters in Australia MM above LE is beyond fucked.... yesterday I played 3 games and 2/3 games I played against LEM - GLOBALS that are blatant silver hackers, the type that has never heard of surf_greatriver etc. and yes I know they cheat cause I have them on my list (small community in aus for higher ranks) but I'd prefer to play with my rl maties who are LE's that don't hack.
2017-08-18 07:33
I kind of feel like it's your mentality that has changed and not how likeable the game is.... :/
2017-08-24 01:01
 | 
India pantyRaider 
Listen, my post is going to be a more philosophical rather than relying on absolute events. CS is going to be big if valve wants it to. I believe in coming few years many things are going to happen which will usher a new era in gaming. For example 5G internet will come around 2019-20 and that i think is going to revolutionize many things including gaming. It has been proposed it will offer gigabit internet with super low latencies like 1ms. isn't that insane? Just imagine you can have LAN like experience playing online. Hundreds of millions of people are going to come online in next few years. E sports developed more in countries with better internet infrastructure like Korea and nordic countries. These are small countries so it was easy to build good internet infrastructure there. It enabled the esports to grow there. So 5G and other technologies are going to make that happen all over world. E sports industry is going to be massive. Now for CS GO specifically valve just needs to encourage and support emerging new markets. I want to give insights about my country India in this regard. It has huge huge potential and in coming few years going to be big gaming market. We don't have any significant impact in CS GO or other e sports currently but believe me things are changing fast. Moreover India is closer to European countries in terms of culture and interests. Like CS GO is bigger here than MOBA games unlike other Asian countries like china or korea which already have developed a big gaming market but haven't contributed to CS GO that much as they are more interested in games like LOL and DOTA 2. Why i am emphasizing on my country is because we love CS, people are mad for CS here. I have heard of guys dropping colleges to play CS. But until now we didn't had supporting environment and we are relatively poor. So when we arrive we will take it to the whole new level. We can take cricket for example. Indians loved cricket and our board BCCI is richest in the world. IPL(Indian premiere league) is biggest private cricket brand in world worth US$4.5 billion. So thing i am trying to say is we single handedly contributed to cricket more than every other country combined because we loved cricket. And it started only a decade ago. And not just cricket we now have almost half a dozen other game's leagues which are going big. So i hope if everything goes right we may do same to the pro CS scene. And good news is many reputed companies here have started investing in the scene and there is going to be an IPL like league for CS GO, DOTA 2 etc by a prominent businessman investing US$15 million in it. (Ref: tech.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/i.. So keep your hopes up, golden days of CS are yet to come.
2017-08-18 08:54
CS:GO is the most promising esport by far. Dota does not have anything their way besides big prizepools.
2017-08-19 00:54
Yup I have to agree, CS is by far the most dynamic and exciting Esport. I find most others to be dull button smashing that are very linear and repetitive. But that's just me xD
2017-08-19 12:29
its a fact. Just look how many dota teams have disbanded, cs:go teams just keeps coming more.
2017-08-19 14:36
Yep they definitely do!
2017-08-24 01:00
I hope so.
2017-08-24 02:48
Why's that?
2017-08-24 12:05
 | 
United States grundhoog 
Change is needed to keep things interesting and at this point change is incredibly looked down apon, so it's basically the same thing over and over again. I don't like Overwatch, but look at how much change that game has. It keeps things interesting. R6 Seige has new updates that fix the maps and new characters every few months.
2017-09-03 17:44
I agree CS:GO can't sit in its own comfortable ways for too much longer, big changes that aren't just music kits and shit are required!
2017-09-04 01:49
As long as Twitch Chat and HLTV keep being cesspools. Yeah it will slowly die.
2017-09-04 01:57
I do slightly agree with that, although twitch chat I have found to be quite entertaining especially in large tournaments!
2017-09-08 14:33
you fuck idiot it is just coz someone go to play PUBG, and some FPS NOOBs the same, that is all. and his shit status is without GOTV ppl, everyone knows IN MAJOR u have to go to GOTV WATCH the GAME, YOU FUCK NOOB. CS NEVER DIE
2017-09-04 02:00
hahahaha
2017-09-11 23:56
i hope it will die ! fucking cancer of game. if money werent on scene, this should be fucking losten project from valve. this is masons politics, giving people bad products, but giving milions on it.
2017-09-12 00:00
why the f are you on hltv then? xD
2017-09-12 00:17
i wanna see how much you gonna be manipulated by them. U think if they give to you 500K, they are motivating u ? They are fucking destroying your brain, your brain is getting poisoned for money, you are getting manipulated. 1/10000000 will success, but most of them will spend 24/7 in front of pc, instead to fuck girls etc. When cs was with love was more excited, there was friendship, community. In csgo doesnt exist love for game, because they are cunts, they are smarter than you, they know game is weak and need to break records with money, skins and fucking bullshit just to make you addicted.
2017-09-12 00:21
lol
2017-09-13 13:20
The problem with cs is that the slightest game update can affect the meta dtastically, volvo's prolly aware of this and likely keeping all their biggest, gamechanging plans, who knows, for the future. People complaining that counterstrike gameplay hasn't changed and start to believe that valve totally disregards csgo's development... that could be true but what if it was partially false, I mean though you or other cs skeptics may start to think the game is dying, do you genuinely believe that Valve will let the CS legacy rip? The infamous fact that Valve are money thirsty is enough reason for them not to abandon csgo, not even soon, surely they are cooking something that will revitalize cs. I say revitalize because average number of cs players didn't change much throughout the years, asloyal and passionate players are still here while casuals retired to move on to all those other newer games. Csgo isn't trending anymore that's all, certainly its fire and essence isn't ready to die yet. To be honest, you know what PUBG hype reminds me a little? Pokemon Go. We'll see if the hype is legitimate this time and won't wear out.
2017-09-12 00:57
10/10 response, thank you sir
2017-09-18 15:58
I'll admit this, csgo is a great game but sadly it'll just start declining and dying cause of how valve terribly handles csgo, i said that to others and they dont usually believe me and try to explain why it isnt but fail miserably, even some twitch fag tried to make a point but instead just acted like the arrogant european cunt he is
2017-09-12 01:00
sad times if you're right :(
2017-09-22 00:59
 | 
Germany Smelborp 
Imo csgo is a great game, but valve just fucked us over way too often and just doesnt show cs any love atall That frustration is propably one of the reasons why i play more pubg now...
2017-09-12 01:02
Yup I 100% agree, sadly :(
2017-09-13 13:35
ropz | 
African Union DeReRed 
Well, they will be real players :)
2017-09-13 13:56
u wot
2017-09-18 15:57
bad game in the first place.
2017-09-22 01:05
Bad marketing as far as making events goes. Nothing else.
2017-09-22 01:08
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.