Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Optimal way to settle ties in online leagues?
 | 
Sweden Trkmag 
NiP is probably out of ECS unless Mouz loses 0-2 tomorrow with a minimum of -8 rounds while GODSENT takes at least 1 map off G2 (good luck with that). Because of this a lot of NiP fans are complaining about the round difference deciding who goes through in ECS. I'm not complaining about this particular case since the rule was set from the beginning of the league with most teams agreeing with it, but what would be the optimal way in the future? Personally I agree that the RD system is bad due to you sometimes losing 16-5 because you are getting fucked over as CT in the wrong rounds so that your eco is shit, and idk if head to head is much better. Some teams are stronger against each other which doesn't necessarily mean that they are stronger than the other team (For instance, G2 always beats SK but most people would view SK to be better than G2) and on top of that there is domestic matchups which often produces unexpected results. I would probably say that tie-breakers are the best way to solve the problem. Shouldn't be too hard to setup and would feel fair to everyone. Round difference is flawed because some games are just a runover loss but that doesn't mean that your 16-13 win right after is worth less. Thoughts?
2017-11-22 23:51
 | 
Sweden Trkmag 
I are think that
2017-11-22 23:57
 | 
Sweden Trkmag 
+1
2017-11-22 23:59
 | 
Russia Nikosimus 
Should be either h2h of 2 teams or tiebreakers for 2+ teams, not RD ffs NiP beats both Astralis and G2 2-0 and loses to them in a tie, rly?
2017-11-23 00:02
 | 
Sweden Trkmag 
Yeah but head to head feels kinda lame as well, if team X>Y Y>Z Z>X no team really is ''better'' than the other, tiebreaker should be the best. I agree that it sucks to likely see NiP out due to worthless RD
2017-11-23 00:07
 | 
Russia Nikosimus 
That's what I said, if a tie between more than 2 teams happens, play round-robin tiebreakers and dont count those rounds If it's a tie between 2, h2h is ok imo
2017-11-23 00:13
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.