Thread has been deleted
Last comment
USA history question
ZywOo | 
United States TeamSESH 
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood,_Tulsa en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot has anyone ever heard of this stuff in history class or out of curiosity? I've never heard of it before today.
2017-11-30 21:04
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Brazil mcsenne
Chandler worked in Tulsa in some episodes, than he got back to monica. Thanks.
2017-11-30 21:06
No, we don't teach it in our history classes because we want to hide how horrible the United States was for people that weren't White. Learning about and condemning this stuff could help end racism but we don't see it as important enough.
2017-11-30 21:09
key word "was". racism is such a minuscule problem in the USA today.
2017-11-30 21:34
 | 
United States BlockyBoy
It still is a problem today, passing a law just didn't make it go away. The racism today is much more systematic, like minorities having higher convictions rates than whites for same crimes among many other things. I mean if you are white just like I am you have had that feeling when you pass a group of black people hanging out you are aware of them and your heart beats faster or something of that sort. This notion that those black people are "more dangerous" has been ingrained in us for a long time. And this sort of thing affects institutions and society everywhere.
2017-11-30 21:51
actually, blacks commit violent crime at a very high rate compared to their population. so they are "more dangerous". also I think you overestimate the population of people who are actually racist in this country. the new online media outlets (Ex. vox, buzzfeed, gq) all try to shock people into thinking there is a white nationalist uprising going on in our country right now. but, if you look at their reporting on Charlottesville, for example, they labeled the large crowds of men with torches as Neo Nazis, when in reality the vast majority of them were just everyday people who wanted to rally for right leaning views and the preservation of our history including the monuments. also, about racism being ingrained in our society and institutions, it is well known that our universities very often lean far left, and they are definitely not making new adults into racists. society absorbs all forms of media, news included, which is mostly liberal. therefore, the notion that black people are more dangerous isn't ingrained in us. this is just an unspoken fact. and sure, I may get nervous when I see a group of black people, but this is all about time and location. for example, walking past a shady looking group of people on the sidewalk late at night, the first thing you are going to think is "am I in danger?". you're not going to care what color they are because it doesn't matter. any group of people regardless of skin color could potentially be dangerous.
2017-12-01 01:37
 | 
United States BlockyBoy
That first sentence you said has a lot more to it and I will dig in to it. Blacks aren't born having the urge to commit more crimes. If you look closely, it is because in the US blacks are poorer, less educated, and multitude of other things that leads them to commit more crimes. Their socio-economic status is much lower than that of a white person. Even accounting for more crimes being committed that amount of them being incarcerated is more than whites by a good margin. Now the question is why are blacks poorer and less educated then? They aren't born dumber. Rather it is because of the long history of slavery and civil rights in America that they have always been at a disadvantage. Slavery, segregation, and civil rights has left a scar on the black population that will be there for a long time. This is where the ignorance of many people people including Donald Trump fall under. They fail to realize that just because the civil rights laws have been passed doesn't mean that blacks are on the same playing field as whites. This is where the solutions comes into play. Asking donald trump, his solution is apparently to lock them all up and say that they shouldn't have committed the crimes or that they are poor because of their own life decisions. Which doesn't solve the problem at all and actually makes it worse, especially considering the past actions and history of the US. The best thing to do would be to try and help educate and provide a way out for these black people rather then sending them farther down the totem pole of poverty just because we don't want to deal with this subject of racism. Locking these criminals up is just a bandage, it doesn't solve the overlying problem which is that they are poor and uneducated which is directly tied to slavery/civil rights/etc...
2017-12-01 02:25
And now its the opposite
2017-12-01 01:42
Not just not white though also irish americans or any other white immigrant
2017-12-01 02:25
usa greatest country
2017-11-30 21:36
hmmm
2017-11-30 21:37
nice education system trump
2017-11-30 21:38
 | 
United States jcv999
I don't think you know how the education system is structured
2017-12-01 01:57
 | 
Portugal astacp
Lets hope their purpose to hide that is only to have some hope that kids stop beeing racist. If they dont hear that americans used to abuse black persons, it can one day be forgotten and racism can dicrease. Peace.
2017-11-30 21:41
 | 
Netherlands Deji
they created isis
2017-11-30 21:50
I've been taught race relations in the USA but nothing about this, wow.
2017-11-30 21:51
nope, never learned this in school
2017-11-30 21:52
are you a college freshman?
2017-12-01 01:38
im a community college pleb
2017-12-01 01:40
WCU
2017-12-01 01:41
leo^ | 
United States wes33
Never heard of it. Took AP US History my junior year of high school.
2017-12-01 01:44
Tesla very good electric car
2017-12-01 01:47
The Nazis also didn't teach about the "Reichskristallnacht" in their classes, nothing special here.
2017-12-01 01:50
World NeutralPointOfView nice
2017-12-01 02:07
Usa has history?
2017-12-01 02:07
Natus Vincere
mousesports
Complexity
ENCE
Nordavind
Nexus
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.