Thread has been deleted
Last comment
atheists explain this.
China MineCrafter_xD 
you believe iin science and science don't give a fuck to you. also, science is shit nowdays and i prefere to believe in god creation OK?
2017-12-15 20:20
OK?
2017-12-15 20:21
 | 
Portugal SidneiGama4 
OK?
2017-12-15 21:57
0/8
measure of your pussy
2017-12-15 20:23
Dosia | 
Vietnam Oida 
so very tight?
2017-12-15 21:42
fer | 
Brazil BlackOutz 
explain whattt ?? there is a question ?
 | 
Brazil Collee 
-1/8
Happy | 
France Waiit 
If you want to be stupid, it's not your fault...
 | 
Germany Roflcopter234 
but at least science is the truth
2017-12-15 20:22
 | 
Finland Jodecast 
evolution m8 evolution And after all if there would never been any religions we would have way less problem today
I don't that modern christian or the jews or muslims have any problem with evolution since we really begin to understand religious language and its symbolic and metaphorical, If you really want to understand religion, pm me, Boy. Have a nice day.
2017-12-15 20:26
Oh i didn't really read when you said that withour religion there would be less problems, That is not true of course, More we begen to understand human beings more than statement is irrelevant.
2017-12-15 20:28
 | 
Finland Jodecast 
all the wars thanks to religious fights, extreme islam? 9/11? Terrorists? You can watch this fine video: youtube.com/watch?v=kbizmh-5fMU Religion is way outdated, maybe back in time religions gave answer to questions that humans at the time could not answer since they lacked facts and ways to discover these like evolution and etc Jews dying in ww2, muslims and wars in the middle east with jews, muslims fighting against each other, extreme islam, all this would never exist without religions
2017-12-15 20:33
Alright but that is wrong of course, Let's me give some reasons why. So this argument that religion is cause of all wars is outdated since we discovered in 70s that even chimpanzees go to the territorial wars and holy wars are simply territorial as well, So Chimps have same structure of dominance hierarchy as human beings does, Of course humans have some different but fundamentally it's still the same, So chimps doing territorial wars, They wipe out other chimps and eating them, Unless you not going to blame religion for that you are good to go, Religious wars are simply territorial and always has been but in fact when we lost christianity in 20st century millions of people died for those reasons, Now you are going to blame religion for that? xD Regards to islam, Islam is another problem, Islam didn't got religious structue right, Muhamad wasn't good guy, archetypal hero he was murderer killer and so on, i mean we wasn't a good guy to be imitated comparing to christ or buddha, Most easy way to explain this is to say that islam is more political then religious so i'm not gonna defend islam anyway. No religion is not to explain nature of universe and ever was but religion explain what is mean to exist or what is being itself, Religions have deep evolutionary roots, Religions is like a dreams, That is imbodied in the human beings we act as if god exists, religious langauge is symploic, So let me tell something interesting for you, there is a lady called lynne isbell and she wrote a book called " The Fruit, the Tree, and the Serpent" so she explains very interesting things for example reaon that human beings have such a good vision is because we coevloved with snakes and we have to develop our vision to detect snakes in the garden, that is why there is a snake in the tree in garden of eden, And the fruit she explains reasons why people can see colors so well is because we were living at the trees and we were are fruit eaters, And the woman, Woman always rejected us so they aslo made us self-conscious, So in the genesis, God tells to adam and eve to not eat that fruit or they will die, So eve tells adam to let's go eat that fruit from that tree, So there is a snake on that tree and he also told them to eat that fruit so they eated that and they become a self-conscious, They were ashamed that they were naked, And they started to hide it and that's were the history started, Snakes in garden, Woman and the fruit made us self-conscious like book of genesis said, So this story is like 60 million years old that is why human beings remember this stories, It's deep in us and this is represented in us like a dreams, If you want more details message pm me. What is jews dying in ww2 has to do with religion? They were killed by nazis because they were kinda eating germnay but i'm againt that anyway, And all those wars between jews and muslims are of crouse political and territorial if you at least know something about that? Regards to muslims as i said that reliigon is not really a reliiong that is more political and this religion doesn't got right religious structure that may keep societe long alive and in peace because as i said muhammad was a warlord, But in fact millions of people died in 20ct century when we lost christinity people like you thought that whatever will replace religion it would be much more better that we will wipe out religion but what we get? hundreds of millions of people died because of that because we lost our devloped structue that made keep our civilisation for thousand of years. Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened." Since then I have spent well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened. Read the Gulag.
2017-12-15 21:04
ritch | 
United Kingdom Meffus 
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg.
2017-12-15 21:10
Only islam.
2017-12-15 21:13
Catholics & Protestants?
2017-12-15 21:20
Yeah i know but you can't blame christ for that because we was man of peace and in germnay when they split it was more of a politcal issues if you really look at hisotry one part of the germany wanted to overtake another but you can't really blame christianity for that disagrenemnt or war because christ was again't any form of violance and those people didn't really obey him for that matter.
2017-12-15 21:22
Learn some British history, i'm not talking about Germany.
2017-12-15 21:25
Only thing i want to say is that people always killing each other and they will find any reasons to do so, We are that kind of species and nothing you can do about it, In christianity or islam or whatever or in fucking atheistic soviet union so what they are going to do, They will do. just a quick point.
2017-12-15 21:28
Believe what you will, religion is a big restriction to human progression.
2017-12-16 16:29
No it's not. Religion is not restriction to mankind by any stretch of the imagination, i mean those people who believe that earth is like 6 thousand years old they are minority and they have their reasons to believe so i mean fear, Ignorance, Arrogance, And you can respect that but no religion is not restriction to mankind, Religion (Christianity) made our civiilasation function for many thusand of years and christianity is not 2 thousand years old, it's a lot older then that it's tens of thousand years old, Human beings tried to develop this ideas for centuries, Lets me oversimplify this, It's really hard to me to explain this if you want i will give a good sources to look for but religion is something thatmade our civilization function for thousand of years and when we lost it millions of people died because of that in 20st century, Arugments were same like relgion is antithesis of science and so on and so forth, Arguments were same, That bloody marxist arguments which under millions of people died, I mean they were like you they thought that religion is cancer for mankind and everything that going to replace religion would be much more better that we should wipe out all religions so they did so, And what they got? Hundreds of millions of people died in soviet union in nazi germany in mao's china, i guess no one were teached you in school what is happened in gulags, Look nietzsche himself clearly stated that millions of people will die because of the death of god "God is dead, And we have killed him and we never going to find enough water to washaway his blood, He predicted everything 40 years before everything happened and aleksandr solzhenitsyn just confirmed that "Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened." Since then I have spent well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened."[77]" - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn If you don't learn the lessons after that you will never learn. Regards to religion being anti science that argument is outdated since we begin to really understand religious thinking and it's sympolic and metaphorical world, Look i'm to stupid to epxlain all of those things just pm me and i will send a good source.
2017-12-16 16:51
Under marxism/communsim Russia and China became some of the most powerful countries in the world?? I'm done replying, you are already certain on your beliefs.
2017-12-16 17:02
You know that is marxist propaganda in which under millions of people died so forget that.
2017-12-15 21:14
ritch | 
United Kingdom Meffus 
No it isn't.
2017-12-15 21:15
It is very similar "religion is the opiate of masses" "religion make people war" and stuff like that so please....... That is outdated.
2017-12-15 21:20
ritch | 
United Kingdom Meffus 
No. Don't try and dilute the argument with misdirection and slight of hand. If you want to dissect the actual quote then by all means, but know that you will be stepping in to the squared circle with opponents such as the late Christopher Hitchens. I've read your responses on here. I am more than confident in debating these points with you. I'm going to go for tea just now but I look forward to sparring with you, should you so wish.
2017-12-15 21:22
Christopher Hitchens lied a lot about history, Read the book called "the new atheist denial of history" i mean in fact you can't really put your hands on religion itself (Christianity) simply becausue jesus was the man of peace, And he was againt any war or so, So yeah.
2017-12-15 21:28
ritch | 
United Kingdom Meffus 
Hitchens really didn't debate history very much. Mostly what he did was orate about the points presented to him by others or comment on present day issues which he himself had been witness to. I think calling Hitchens a 'liar' is a stretch, although I'm not going to pretend that he was never inaccurate with his information (although extremely rarely). As for your other point(s), well I can see that English isn't your first language so it's going to be difficult to really grasp the whole idea and flow of your argument (Unfortunately I only speak one other language and it isn't Swedish). I will take a look at the book so thank you very much for that. Enjoy your evening.
2017-12-15 22:13
 | 
Israel DREAMTH 
2017-12-15 22:18
ritch | 
United Kingdom Meffus 
I actually really enjoy Jordan Peterson and have seen a little about his views of religion. He does make compelling arguments and is a fantastic orator. I know that he has directly addressed some of Sam Harris's works which makes for very interesting listening. I'll check out the full length video. Many thanks.
2017-12-15 22:46
 | 
Israel DREAMTH 
2017-12-15 22:51
Oh i forgot to state that last statment that i made is maked by aleksandr solzhenitsyn.
2017-12-15 21:40
 | 
Canada Manikhat18 
> That is not true of course but.. it is absolutely true - in nine muslim countries, it is punishable by death to not agree with the state religion. isis and other terrorist groups are based off the muslim religion. simple disagreements cause relationships to be destroyed simply because one person does not believe in the fairy tales of another. need I say more? The world would be a significantly more peaceful place without any religion of any sort. that being said, you are free to *believe* whatever you wish, so long as you don't shove it down the throats of others.
2017-12-15 20:37
No that is not true, I'm not gonna defend islam since islam didn't got that religious structure right, For example muhammad was a warlord he killed so many people for nothing he is a bad hero to imitate compering to christ or buddha that's why this reliigon is the problem of the modern world, it's more political then religious, Muhamad when he died his last words was to star war or something like that, No world woudn't be peace at all without religions i mean we already tried that isn't soviet union or nazi germnay or mao's china was deeply atheistic when they wiped out all christian and buddhist and killed millions of jews for that matter, isn't that was religion? in fact all those horrible things happened because we lost christianity in the 20st century, People like you thought that whatever is going to replace religion it would be much more better that we should wipe out religion and nietzsche himself stated that millions of people will die because of that "god is dead and we have killed him and we never going to find enought water to washway his blood" he also clearly stated that millions of people will die in the result of lossing that religious structue that was keeping civilastions function at leat normally. I want to say so much but i just i don't know.
2017-12-15 21:13
 | 
Canada Manikhat18 
Ok see above
2017-12-16 13:52
nope, its true. the premisse of religion or some of its values that it tries to teach are alright, but it doesnt matter when it never does any good and is only abused to make money (vatican, christianity) and go to war and help a select few to more power. which it does.
2017-12-15 20:38
 | 
Brazil Life_is_Good 
If god doesn´t exist, how come sk won 9 titles in 2017. Proved it. Thanks
2017-12-15 20:24
 | 
North America pSilent 
This is proof there is no God.
2017-12-15 20:25
 | 
Brazil Life_is_Good 
or maybe proof that he is brazilian ? Thanks, have a great weekend m8
2017-12-15 20:28
 | 
Germany VeryNiceGuy 
If god was brazilian why is your country so bad when it comes to living standart etc. (no offence) Have a nice day! -VeryNiceGuy
2017-12-15 20:30
 | 
Brazil lleonciocs 
Cause God is a Sado...
2017-12-15 20:35
 | 
Germany VeryNiceGuy 
Lost all respect i had for god! Have a nice day! -VeryNiceGuy
2017-12-15 20:36
 | 
Brazil lleonciocs 
Yeah, god isn't a very nice guy
2017-12-15 20:39
 | 
Brazil lleonciocs 
Hum I see. I would use the k word, but dont want to get banned.
 | 
Netherlands ItsKBS 
k word??
2017-12-15 20:31
 | 
Brazil lleonciocs 
phase? the frase that start with a K, then Y, and...
2017-12-15 20:32
fart
 | 
North America pSilent 
There is nothing to explain here. You stated your wrong opinion, and that’s okay!
2017-12-15 20:24
 | 
Finland ingg 
Universe farted and that's how we are here. We are just little particles of the universes' dingle-berries.
2017-12-15 20:26
i don't think that we are just little meaningless beings in the universe, Yes universe is big but human beings play a big role in it, There is a theory called quantun theory i believe so that theory is kind a insance because it's sugest that when you not looking and objects there is nothing, So that is the good place to go, Also want to note that all religions, Pagan, Modern, Saying something interesting about human consciousness that it in some sense something important and sacred for example in the bible, John 1 says "in the beggining was the word, And word was with god, And word was god" So that is quite interesting to my mind "word" means "logos" logos means reason from greek, So i think whatever human consciousness is it plays a significant role in cosmos.
2017-12-15 21:36
BnTeT | 
Germany cucKing 
fine by me
2017-12-15 20:27
 | 
Europe MrWorldWide 
Sciecne is not believe
2017-12-15 20:31
 | 
Ukraine KingOfSoloSex 
earth is flat
 | 
Canada Manikhat18 
+1 how can the earth be round if we're all flat
2017-12-15 20:38
 | 
France Underbre 
name checks out
mindblown.
2017-12-15 20:33
dead | 
Brazil luconesc 
ok dude, no problem.
2017-12-15 20:37
 | 
Slovakia Krafko 
Hello MineCrafter_xD from China, I respect your opinion, but I'm an atheist. So what am I supposed to explain? There is no question. Also in what way is science "shit" nowadays?
2017-12-15 20:39
nobody cares what shit you believe in ok
2017-12-15 20:40
 | 
Malaysia byaIi 
hev a nice dai ~WhatANiceGuy
2017-12-15 21:00
ok
2017-12-15 21:02
Snax | 
Spain Arzheus 
0/8
2017-12-15 21:03
Lemmy | 
Poland MetalMan 
die
 | 
Italy marxie 
there's nothing to explain here
christians uses science method too. science method doesnt disprove God. in fact it proves he exists. critical thinking is another name for "science"
" in fact it proves he exists. " hehe
2017-12-15 21:23
athiest: everything you see came out of some bigbang and we dont even know why yep seems smart huh
2017-12-15 21:26
Why " even" ? As if we are supposed to know everything. You don't " even" know how the universe exactly works, shame on you!
2017-12-15 21:31
God knows
2017-12-15 21:33
Ask him and tell me about it, oh wait... He doesn't even exist...
2017-12-15 21:38
he doesnt need to tell you besides you dont believe in him so what the point?
2017-12-15 21:39
Pretty egoistic from him not to share his knowledge with others. Pretty shitty god you have.
2017-12-15 21:47
Poor excuse to stop wondering about things.
 | 
Israel DREAMTH 
I don't think that it's an excuse, For me personally it's motivates me to understand universe more then anything else, i think same happened to first scientist christians.
2017-12-15 22:29
but you believe in a magical sky wizard keep making yourself look embarrassing because that's even more laughable than physics or math
nothing is magic to God only to you because
don't pray on sundays it's his day off your prayers won't be answered in fact he just doesnt give a shit
2017-12-15 21:41
 | 
Israel DREAMTH 
Problem with your claim is that you said that he believes in a magical sky daddy, Question in itself is problematic for some reasons like "what do you mean by "belief" and what do you mean by "god" Look you are claiming that god is just an magicak sky monk or something witch is way different what usually people believe in.
2017-12-15 22:26
felps | 
Brazil Rust1 
god is a lie. /closed
2017-12-15 21:14
 | 
Denmark ulfsen 
Religion is an excuss for depression and is created by autistic loners. /closed
2017-12-15 21:19
okok Flat Earth
2017-12-15 21:19
So you think believing in god is like think that earth is flat?
yes same shit
2017-12-15 21:55
nt gl0wen
2017-12-15 21:21
I believe in Evolution, i also believe God intended on evolution to happen in the way it has, how bout that
2017-12-15 21:37
Dude, Jesus is lord.
What? Who said he wasn't?
2017-12-15 21:44
<3
2018 and people still believing in god lul.
Dosia | 
Vietnam Oida 
it's mad isn't it?
2017-12-15 21:42
+1
2017-12-15 22:21
 | 
Germany DieS0nne 
ye sad truth
2017-12-16 16:54
Feel free to believe whatever but ultimately seems very silly believe in a god way religious people often do, this is cuz it is totally obvious there is no way to know how god is even if he exists xd. Everyone just thinks their religion is truth with no proper evidence etc. : ...
MICHU | 
Europe papaski2 
lol believing in god wtf, 50% of current terrorist or non-terrorist attacks fatalities die in church/mosque/etc where the fuck is this god who let his "kids" die in his home?
2017-12-15 21:49
 | 
Czech Republic ThePechy 
-8/8
2017-12-15 21:59
no one cares
2017-12-16 00:02
 | 
Lithuania h8cheaters 
so you choose "to believe in god creation" because science doesn't pays off from how you consume it? There is no reason to believe in science either god actually
2017-12-16 00:06
is Gl0wen ur god?
2017-12-16 00:08
 | 
Portugal Leg_Day 
people who believe in god should be sent to an asylum
2017-12-16 00:11
jesus doesnt exist
2017-12-16 13:53
science is a tool to discover truth. it's not truth itself. it's just a method. people who believe science -in it's current stage- is the answer to everything are equally stupid as religious people and people refer to it as 'scientism'. even the most radical 'scientism'ist must acknowledge that science can not possibly disprove the existence of god because it's at the moment just unknown how it all began, where the -supposed- big bang came from. first law of thermodynamics shows that the big bang is an incomplete theory to put it the most forgiving. there can't be energy created. the energy needed to create the big bang was either always there according to thermodynamics, or something or someone put it there. either way both options can be interpreted by religious people to suit their own beliefs. this will trigger scientism dudes majorly. that their own methods of discovering truth can actually support religious people as much as disprove them. you can spot a butthurt scienitism dude by his/her constant usage of the strawman fallacy. god must be a magical human in the sky morphing laws of physics to his will. stop it you're only showing that you're butthurt that the picture science paints is FAR from complete. the tricks used by religious institutions to numb the mind of a lot of people can equally be applied by scientism fanatics to trick atheists. we're all human, we're all liable to the same fallacy thinking. think for your self be free. any atheists who is SURE god does not exist must do a little soul searching and acknowledge to himself that he/she can't possibly prove or disprove that so that this certainty is completely unwarranted and equally dumb as fanatic religious people.
2017-12-16 14:07
 | 
Algeria rahimou111 
+1 chineese friend
2017-12-16 14:02
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.