Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Suggestion: Bring back Blogs!
 | 
North America Foxaika 
To the powers that be at HLTV.org: When I first created my account on the website, there was a feature known as blogs. What made blogs particularly special to me was the idea that they were almost like freelance editorials that accompanied the standard journalistic fare of the the official HLTV news articles. The unique perspective of some of the most passionate Counter Strike fans could be seen in many of the blogs that offered insights or thoughts that otherwise would not have seen the light of day. In my opinion, it was one of the best parts of the classic HLTV experience. I believe it was a blog that helped spawn the creation of the HLTV ranking system, for example. In HLTV's current form, that same level of user-created interaction is lost. The forum just isn't the same to me. The blog feature was one that set HLTV apart from other news sites, allowing users to be part of the content that was delivered to them. Though I believe that blogs were an integral part of the HLTV experience, my view of them isn't completely rose-tinted. I know that not all blogs were quite up to snuff. In fact, I will even concede that many times there were a dearth of quality blogs, and it often seemed like the section was just a waste. In this regard, I completely understand why removing blogs seemed like the obvious solution. However, I think for the blogs that did contribute positively to the website, this is quite a blow to the user experience. I believe that there is a middle ground here that can be reached without returning to the veritable "Wild West" of the older blog system, and without having the feature being removed completely. I propose that there be a series of checks that make it so blogs have a certain level of quality or polish to them prior to being publicly posted. My first proposal is that the blog feature is not active before you have used the forum for a certain number of posts(I was thinking perhaps 1500 or something) . Secondly, you will be unable to post blogs if your account has been banned in the past month, and continued subversion of the community guidelines could result in removal of blogging privileges. And lastly, I believe that all blogs should be reviewed in some way to ensure that they do not violate community guidelines/meet the criteria for a blog, and that even if they are not in perfect English, they are intelligible. I understand that these policies would not be the easiest to enact, especially with only so much staff to review blogs(I would volunteer if I could), but I believe that it would be a positive for HLTV, and would only add to the user experience of the website. Well, that is my suggestion. I appreciate all those who take the time to read this, and I would hope that anyone who does feels free to leave comments on the subject at hand.
2018-02-13 21:04
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
+1 I miss blogs, Nomad or Martin said they were removed because of trolls, they can always limit them to users with X amount of comments/X amount of time since sign up and no ban in past month or two. Or even make it so admins need to approve blogs.
2018-02-13 21:38
 | 
Europe Predatorino 
"past month or two" Is it really that hard not to get banned, i think the HLTV Admins are very lax.
2018-02-13 23:33
If it was about trolls, the forum literally wouldn't exist and 90% of comments would be deleted under their news posts. There's that.
2018-02-13 23:37
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
That is what they said.
2018-02-15 03:43
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32 
There are many things to fix before aesthetics are taken into account... For example:- - The notifications history. - The outbox. - The increase in forum moderation. Blogs were removed for the same everything on HLTV was removed - It was abused to the point of considerable nuisance and haven't been implemented on the new site yet. Don't get me wrong-- I love blogs and it's a shame they are gone, but I can understand their removal and it matters not if they return or not; as it's not a primary concern in my opinion.
2018-02-13 21:41
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
But if they need to be pre approved by an admin or are unavailable to new/low comment accounts a lot of the abuse would stop yes?
2018-02-13 21:44
 | 
A function like that could work if the admins had time to read an entire blog for approval when things need fixing. The notifications drastically needs fixing as it's an issue that hasn't been resolved. "9+" notifications doesn't help me when the pull-down from clicking on the bell only shows seven. Even checking my profile for posts I've made doesn't help as this reply may or may not have been recent or not. Sufficed to say - there could be replies I've had still, to this day, waiting on an answer I will never know I had because of the lack of a notifications history. The importance of the outbox should be self-explanatory, but it's more important than aesthetics in my personal opinion.
2018-02-13 21:47
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
Why can't we have both
2018-02-13 21:48
 | 
I never said we couldn't, I'm just stressing the importance of the aforementioned two before blogs can return. As far as I'm concerned, "blogs" are not needed unlike the outbox/notifications history. However, that is just my opinion. Like I digressed earlier - I love blogs and it would be great to have them back, but more important things need to be done first.
2018-02-13 21:51
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
Well I respectfully disagree and with that the conversation ends, have a nice day Jonty from Stockport.
2018-02-13 21:54
 | 
I am not from Stockport, I am from Manchester, Where I am from and currently reside is irrelevant to this discussion, but I respect your opinion and the lack of one-sided arguments you are presenting thus far. Have a good day.
2018-02-13 21:55
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
I was told you were from Stockport.
2018-02-13 21:57
 | 
Of course you were... You have probably been told many things by many different exposed trolls, but that doesn't make it true now, does it? I am from Manchester, but that is entirely irrelevant as stated before. You also presented no arguments about why blogs need to be implemented prior to the importance of the ones I mentioned, but you are free to disagree and I of course respect your opinion. I will reply no more to conjectural venality. Have a good day, once more.
2018-02-13 21:59
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
Someone posted your ip and it located to Stockport, that is proof isn't it.
2018-02-13 22:01
 | 
North America Foxaika 
I don't disagree with you, really. However, I wrote this because I still have a vested interest in this particular part of HLTV, and despite the other issues, I wanted to bring it up regardless. It's definitely not a primary concern, but something I hope to keep in the thoughts of HLTV's staff. Thanks for the comment! Always appreciate your input Jonty.
2018-02-13 21:52
 | 
Not a problem and thank you. ^^ I sincerely hope we can have blogs back one day. :D Not a lot of people remember, but there were some great reads on HLTV and users like: "jobs!", "topperhopper" and "Lightning DC" made the best blogs to read. It was butchered and bastardised by users like "yvr", "bcko", "boots" and troll blogs alike, but it is a shame in all honesty. Have a good day, friend. A pleasure, as always. :D
2018-02-13 21:54
 | 
New Zealand Malala 
yvr made the best blogs
2018-02-13 21:56
 | 
Yes... because "incest" is what I love to read about... (!)
2018-02-13 21:57
 | 
New Zealand Malala 
Listen here to pass off yvr's stories as mere incest stories is like saying Hitler's army was a group of 200 tribal warriors, yes they did contain incest but they were much more deep and in depth and complicated and quite frankly you needed a high IQ to understand them, have a good day Jonty.
2018-02-13 22:14
Would need some serious restrictions for it to be implemented right now and there are honestly other things that need a fix before blogs are brought back, as mentioned in #5. Maybe a way would be to have it together with HLTVchat or something like that, but then again, it would probably need moderation, which already seems to be lacking depending on the time of the day. But yes it would be fun to see blogs back, if it got handled nicely.
2018-02-13 21:55
 | 
North America Foxaika 
That's the hope. I think as a feature they were a lot of fun and even though there were troll blogs, the non troll ones were interesting and sometimes insightful.
2018-02-13 22:54
yes i agree add blogs
2018-02-13 22:54
+1
2018-02-13 21:59
bump
2018-02-13 23:08
bump for my weeb friend
2018-02-13 23:11
we have idiots making troll threads every day yet you want to multiply that amount
2018-02-13 23:14
 | 
North America Foxaika 
I'm not sure if you read everything in full, I did go over this.
2018-02-13 23:19
jobs was the guy who did great blogs
2018-02-13 23:21
also the guy who did anime reviews
2018-02-13 23:25
 | 
North America Foxaika 
Yes, he had great blogs.
2018-02-14 00:02
 | 
New Zealand Malala 
YVR too
2018-02-14 03:05
+1
2018-02-13 23:29
BRING BACK DREAMTEAM I loved it too much, literally ;_;
2018-02-13 23:36
 | 
Poland mmsucks 
Only community thing that didn't give me cancer
2018-02-13 23:39
 | 
Slovenia Slovenia 
Bump
2018-02-15 04:08
zewsy | 
Italy Labour 
bump bring back them back please nomad
2018-03-10 06:34
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.