Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Why teams still insist to force rush into pop dog? Always fail
2018-02-14 02:20
I don't understand why they don't just accept that meta is to molly someone out and drop at the tail end of the molly. sure you take a tick of damage but still there is such little chance someone will be waiting for you to drop.
2018-02-14 02:32
 | 
United States YuukiOgawa 
i am sure teams would like not to use 2 mollys on just one position but yes i agree easily the best way to take popdog
2018-02-14 02:37
Well, more or so I mean just the back of popdog, you can try to take the duel with the guy right below ladder. At least you wont be dropping while shooting.
2018-02-14 02:39
 | 
United States YuukiOgawa 
oh yeah you are right i misread your comment i have never seen anyone do that
2018-02-14 02:40
Maybe they have bad experience with it haha
2018-02-14 02:41
 | 
United States YuukiOgawa 
is that a na cs thing i dont watch na teams play i cant recall seeing a top eu team do that
2018-02-14 02:42
NA CS I see more of the totem pole drop with a flash I believe. I see CIS teams molly it a lot like vega or Na'Vi I believe.
2018-02-14 02:48
 | 
United States YuukiOgawa 
that would make sense i never watch navi play and has vega even played a top team on train
2018-02-14 02:51
They got stomped on train by FaZe at the major. I don't think they have much time playing top teams really. I just think JR has a great mind for the game so I follow vega.
2018-02-14 02:53
 | 
Denmark Gugus_Patacus 
The thing is, with the amount of pressure the ct use to get popdog control, I'm surprised we've seen no team exploit ivy more and more as it is usually not stacked that much nowadays. because a player pop means one ebox/ close to main, which leaves only 2 ppl towards bomb train, connector and ivy. As a T you save more utility for later in the rounds, maybe a molly for an eventual B afterplant, and Ivy is so much more easier to take than popdog imo.
2018-02-14 02:44
I think IVY is def. not abused as much I think most people have ptsd from lining up in small corridors is what it is. That popdog you have an easy out if things are going terribly (besides dropping to your death obviously). I just think Ivy in its entirety you have to spend a lot of effort flashing your corners on the off chance there is an Awp at old bomb or something.
2018-02-14 02:51
 | 
Denmark Gugus_Patacus 
Yeah but if the t side has a read on the fact that there is one popdog and one ebox/ main/ green train, then it's really unlikely that there is an awper by green/ ivy, ofc it is based on reads and supposition only, but how many times in a match do we see ivy completely free (or maybe just one guy juggle peaking for info) and the T's just don't take advantage of it and just go in ivy and most likely fall to their deaths. Since the double drop thing has been introduced to the meta, I've NEVER seen it work at high tier level cs EDIT : Since one player is ALWAYS commited by popdog, I wonder why we don't see more wall of smokes to isolate the 2 players pushed up. we need MORE 3 main 2 ivy kind of splits, I feel like it's so powerful, and this is what VP was doing a lot late 2016/ early 2017
2018-02-14 02:57
+1 I don't think it is effective unless your primary objective was to kill the round right at the beginning haha. I think most teams (esp. SK) like to default with 1 player specific to Ivy. Cold usually plays Ivy for them and I think if he can consistently outplay the Ivy guy they generally have a decent T half.
2018-02-14 02:59
 | 
Denmark Gugus_Patacus 
Well this is a thing that is also brought up by casters in game (especially Anders), when Ivy is lost (and it's not the case with popdog) the A site is so much harder to defend since the t's come from 2 different angles. If you lose popdog, the players still will be coming from e box, olof or sneak in behind the trains, and losing popgod doesn't offer any other route for the t's. Losing ivy is much more critical.
2018-02-14 03:03
I think more or so that as a T you don't want to have to clear it on the way to site and it cuts off an easy rotation from B. I saw heroic lining up smokes that block off popdog on A execs which was cool to see some success in for sure.
2018-02-14 03:05
 | 
Denmark Gugus_Patacus 
Yeah, that's also a cool way to cut him off. If the execute goes well, you can easily deal with him or even have a lurker drop down after the smoke disappeared so it's kind of a win/ win situation, he can't do shit and he gets backstabbed
2018-02-14 03:07
+1 they had some good success against nip with it.
2018-02-14 03:45
 | 
Denmark Gugus_Patacus 
We should definitely become head coaches of pro teams
2018-02-14 03:46
hahaha I totally don't have the energy someone needs to be a coach haha.
2018-02-14 03:54
 | 
Denmark Gugus_Patacus 
I guess I do have the energy but definitely not the knowledge ;D
2018-02-14 03:54
nt fer
2018-02-14 02:37
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.