Thread has been deleted
Last comment
USA Domestic Terrorism
 | 
New Zealand NoBudy_ 
USA has a massive issue regarding domestic terrorism. These acts of violence include mass-shootings/school shootings. We can clearly see by videos produced from the most recent school shooting, that these events are known to paralyze people with fear and terror. But why doesn't the media identify them as Terrorists? If someone of a middle-eastern nationality had conducted the shooting in the high school recently, the headlines would have been 'Terrorist shoots up Florida high school' or something along these lines. But it is definitely clear that the Florida is an act of terrorism - regardless of the motive. "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims" is the definition of terrorism. It can be debated that this is not conducted with any political aim, I beg to differ. Everyone has a motive and a reason why they did what they did. Something about life had to lead them to this, whether it was their lack of satisfaction with local authorities, public figures and others likewise, they all have some sort of political connection either directly or indirectly - especially something like this which causes debates on gun policy within the nation. Basically what I'm trying to say that the media needs to properly identify acts of terror such as the Florida school shooting properly, and therefore causing more awareness to the problems which are littered throughout the entire country. There, more resources and legislation can be implemented as no one likes to have a high domestic terrorism rate in their country, which would then lead to stricter gun laws, and improved gun safety. Regards, A random dude on the internet whose opinions will likely get swept under the rug because no one cares when people talk shit about their country. Good day
2018-02-15 05:34
 | 
Norway AleXeiCS 
Good read, Altho, "in the pursuit of political aims", the thing about school shooting is that it is usually never political, it is more about getting revenge for getting bullied/left out (which I wouldn't call political).
2018-02-23 00:58
 | 
Denmark happyDane 
Nobody cares about 3rd world country USA
2018-02-23 00:58
 | 
Norway AleXeiCS 
I don't think the content was just about USA, but about wether the school shooter should be named and shamed or not, in fact.. I think it would be just worse to call them "Terrorists" imagine their families, imagine the rebelion if people start thinking there is a terrorist in every school instead of just missunderstood students..
2018-02-23 01:00
 | 
United States Idoitforlols 
tl:dr
2018-02-23 00:59
 | 
Norway AleXeiCS 
TL:DR (although I didn't write it the topic): Why aren't school shooters called terrorists.
2018-02-23 01:00
 | 
Hmmm, I agree they should be classified as such. Ty
2018-02-23 01:01
 | 
Norway AleXeiCS 
Well, I disagree they should be called terrorists, naming someone "terrorist" and having it happen so often, it just make people have more fear then "oh, just another sad boy going rogue"..
2018-02-23 01:02
 | 
Yeah that's a fair point. Let's just both agree that we need better gun laws and the parents in the USA need to actually parent. :)
2018-02-23 01:05
 | 
Norway AleXeiCS 
Amen
2018-02-23 01:05
Because domestic terrorism is seen as a problem and the media wants the country to seem as safe as possible.
2018-02-23 01:08
 | 
Norway AleXeiCS 
What the media does is focus more on the shooting and create a dozen of articles with interviews and footage about people relevant to the actual school shooting, when they need to make articles and interviews with footage of politicians and shame them to actually push out laws to prevent this, I'd say media is equally as bad.
2018-02-23 01:10
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
STFU and let the USA do whatever they want. They don't give a shit about people's "opinions" they police the whole planet and will take out any of our countries if they "feel" like it.
2018-02-23 01:14
 | 
Norway AleXeiCS 
I'd like to see them try russia, lol...
2018-02-23 01:19
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
All Russia has are some old ass cold war Nukes, United States would wipe the floor with them and you are delusional if you think otherwise, they don't do this because it's the hard way, much better to just choke their economy out with sanctions so they'll never be strong enough for an actual war with them.
2018-02-23 01:22
 | 
Germany sleezy 
stop sucking usa's dick, russia has way more than that + alliance with china etc, YOU are delusional if you would think usa would simply swipe them out.
2018-02-23 01:34
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
Yes Russia can really compete with a country who is spending 600 billion a year on their military. You are beyond delusional, If United States didn't give a shit about their own citizens they would of already fucked Russia, Russia's only defense is they can kill off a ton of innocent people with their cold war nuclear warheads. United States has been spending approx 8-9 times more yearly than Russia on military for the past 20-30 years, it takes Russia approx 8-9 years to spend the same amount USA does in 1 year think about this, United States also does a good job putting sanctions on Russia so their economy can never get powerful enough to match United States or even comparable. Another thing even assuming China would go with Russia which they wouldn't, China is weaker than Russia atm, China just has a lot of enlisted they have a pretty weak military though most of their spending is going towards the actual personnel.
2018-02-23 02:00
 | 
North America bloodwolf1710 
I can tell by the first sentence that u dont know what terroism is
2018-02-23 01:20
 | 
Brazil KriMb3R 
media = leftist agenda leftist agenda = soros, hollywood, new world order, pedophilia, etc leftist agenda = desarmament desarmament = peaceful, sheep, harmless people harmless people = easy dictatorship Implementation any shooting = scapegoat /closed
2018-02-23 01:32
gabesson | 
Europe flk^ 
STOP SOROS!
2018-02-27 00:29
 | 
North America pSilent 
0/8
2018-02-27 00:35
 | 
Sweden Ahmad 
BECAUSE THEY HATE MUSLIMS
2018-02-27 00:22
tl;dr?
2018-02-27 00:25
 | 
North America pSilent 
Terrorism is usually used to refer to politically motivated acts of violence. Mass shootings and school shootings are usually not considered politically motivated. They are more a product of mental illness and social pressure than politics.
2018-02-27 00:27
 | 
Indonesia epen 
USA has many psychopath
2018-02-27 00:33
USA is a global superpower with best military and best companies but sadly the country is filled with racist cops, underdeveloped rednecks, ridicoulous gun laws, bad education on public schools and cancerous lobbyism in politics (even more than in europe)
2018-02-27 00:36
Its not terrorism, look up the meaning of the word.
2018-02-27 06:46
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.