Thread has been deleted
Last comment
esport is not a sport
s1mple | 
Sweden DanielMagicall 
As much as i respect those players for being competetive and willing to improve themselves you cant really say esport is a sport, stop being silly. At the end of the day its just bunch of, usually overweight nerds playing video game. Its great to watch, but nowhere near football or basketball, sorry.
2018-02-22 17:10
United States tediousOOF 
bait spotted
2018-02-22 17:11
Not really just an honest opinion.
2018-02-22 17:11
United States tediousOOF 
your gonna get ripped apart by this assholish community if people bother to look at this thread. gl.
2018-02-22 17:12
2018-02-22 17:28
it's not a bait. it's the truth. 99% of the world think the same way lol. if you say esports is a sport irl then YOU are the baiter.
2018-02-22 17:29
Not really But I think the whole discussion is retarded. Who gives a fuck if it's called sport or not, it's just a title. Imo it could just be called "esports" like it is today.
2018-02-23 19:40
yeah, i mean it is just electronic sports. simply put, esports.
2018-02-24 20:31
Sorry, a fact can't be an opinion. It's a sport, as it's in included under the definition of sports.
2018-02-23 19:39
tiddlywinks is a sport
2018-02-24 10:04
Netherlands MerpNL 
99% of the world thinks its a sport? why are there tons of companies investing money in these players and games? Why do people need an visa 2 enter countries that say they are an atlete? Why did Starcraft join Peojongchang (or however u spell it) for the olympics. Nt boi
2018-02-24 20:32
companies investing cuz of popularity =/= sport saying you're an athlete =/= athlete holding a tournament before the olympics =/= part of the olympics or a sport terrible arguments.
2018-02-25 04:03
Netherlands MerpNL 
its not saying youre an athlete, ur officially and athlete by getting the visa. And yes the tournament was officially part of the plympics, nt
2018-02-25 19:42
lol you are dumb. it was not an official sport at the olympics. it just happened at the same time. here's a link if you would care to read it. if you deny it i won't reply further.
2018-02-25 20:29
Netherlands MerpNL 
oke u win, u just hurted my feelings when u said it was not a sport. but i is :(
2018-02-25 20:31
Finland Rank- 
It's a sport for the sole reason that it requires abilities (hand-to-eye co-ordination, reflexes, muscle memory) and training - except for those who are naturally gifted - and there are massive differences between players. Nowadays esports professionals aren't in general fat tho, it isn't a requirement to be physically fit but it does give you a edge keeping your muscles and body in shape. defines "sport" as, "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.". You might argue that there's nothing athletic in playing games on a computer but if so, how come professionals wind up with stuff like carpal tunnel? Why is sailing a sport then? It doesn't require you to be physically fit if your vessel is advanced enough or the rest of your crew are able to do the physical stuff without your input.. Still a sport?
2018-02-22 17:19
"Naturally gifted" people doesn't exist. It's bullshit.
2018-02-22 17:24
I have seen this in multiple occasions, everyone is gifted in something. I've got a few CS:GO player friends who used to be godlike in the earlier versions and had zero transition time to CS:GO. They just figured it out instantly, spray patterns and all. I would call that "naturally gifted". All people don't start at the same level. Take random 30 people whom have never tested out a game in their life and put them to a test - you will notice some perform better then others while they're on par in experience. You might even wind up finding a player whom is a heck a lot better then anyone else from the sample group, that's naturally gifted for you right there. Others are quicker at catching up, that is a such trait too.
No, it's not. People are differente, you can't just take 30 persons and expect them to be the same, but not because some of them were "gifted", it's because they had different kind of "culture" around them. You can read several books if you want, as I did, from people who have studied this in their whole life, and you gonna see why some of them are better than others some times. I recommend the "Talent is overrated". Anyway, I understand your point, but I don't agree with this.
2018-02-22 17:38
Norway YouWotm8! 
You are not brazil
2018-02-22 18:08
he's incorrect
2018-02-22 18:53
LOL of course some people are more gifted and talented than others. You can come from any kind of culture and practice as much as possible but you will never become Mozart or Einstein
2018-02-22 18:53
It's nice to see you talking about Mozart, he is, by the way, one of the themes in "Talent is overrated" book. Did you know his father was a musician as well? And that he taught Mozart to make music since he was 4 years old? Did you know Mozart had failed in 3 "albums" before someone call him a "prodigy" at age 21? He was rejected several times before someone could say he was a suddenly "genius". I'm not talking about a country culture only, but your family and close friends as well. Anyway... That's what I believe.
2018-02-22 19:14
It was hard work and motivation but such inspiration into creating the music is the key here. It's not a achievement to play the violin that well, most people who play long enough can do it. Composing is different because there needs to be innovation behind motivating and teaching innovative approaches. Also, your ears are physically different as might be how you interpret sound (I admit, because of certain things I cba to google it atm, but I think it has been studied to atleast some extent.. (I don't consider hearing imparition by overloading in what I mean interpret, what I mean is how your mind understands the sound your ears are making, this also goes on colors if we without trying to be offensive consider IQ also..)) I don't know if his father did it well (considering Mozarts upbringing) but atleast he nurtured something that he knew would bare fruit with his genes and understanding in his upbringing.
2018-02-22 20:23
Stop this immediately. Some people are more intelligent than others. Therefore they can learn and create more at a faster rate thus making them more talented and gifted. Take people like Shakespeare, Einstein, Isaac Newton or Messi and Faker as supposed earlier. A normal human could never get on their level regardless of how hard they practice. Obviously these people train(ed) but there are people who train way more and come from a better background yet they're not even close to these geniuses.
2018-02-23 10:19
Did you read that article you just sent? Let me paste a little part here for you: "There is no scientifically precise definition of genius" / "Usually, genius is associated with talent, but many authors (for example Cesare Lombroso) systematically distinguish these terms." Messi's example is other bullshit. The guy is training everyweek and everyday since he was 7 years old. Since 11 he has a contract with Barca, training with the most advanced tecnology possible. IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU TRAIN, BUT ABOUT **HOW** YOU TRAIN.
2018-02-23 13:17
And just to be clear, I'm not talking about genius. I'm talking about Gifted Person. Like if god look at you and say "Hey, ApzilsKing is borning now. He is going to be the best at fishing or playing basketball." BULLSHIT.
2018-02-23 13:19
Hey, ApzilsKing is borning now
2018-02-23 14:06
I already told you, stop it. Some people are gifted, others aren't. Intelligence, genes are a good example of this. Perhaps you are jealous of those who are gifted because you are not. Dreaming and hard work will only get you so far.
2018-02-23 15:17
Denmark Dr_Bob_Vagen 
lmao yeah and why do they train they right way do you think XD
2018-02-23 19:32
rain | 
Slovakia verg1ll 
explain people like messi or faker
2018-02-23 00:49
Messi #102 I don't know who's this Faker guy.
2018-02-23 13:20
rain | 
Slovakia verg1ll 
i dont understand how can you deny that talent exists being from brazil you surely played lot of football as a kid, some kids are just naturally better than others despite coming from same background, there are millions of boys training football from age of 3 and they will never come even close to messi. Ronaldinho is another example of pure talent and skill, you think anyone can train and be like him? Faker is league of legends player universally recognized as best to ever play the game and one of best esport players overall, there is no equivalent of him in CS:GO so i cant give example, he is like coldzera niko and 1.6 forest combined into one person,
2018-02-23 13:26
I'm gonna search about Faker. Thanks for the info. About the football part, why do you think Brazil has so many "talents"? I had this dream, just like every boy in brazil, to become a professional. Why? Because since I was born, everything I heard was football stuff. Everyday in brazil, everywhere, they're talking about football. That's the culture stuff I said in some coment above. Another example, why do you think USA has the best basktball league? Are they a blessed basketball people? Hell no. Culture once again. "there are millions of boys training football from age of 3 and they will never come even close to messi" / "Ronaldinho is another example of pure talent and skill, you think anyone can train and be like him?" As I said, it's not about how much you train, it's about how. I'm sorry but, there's no way I can accept the fact that someone was "gifted" by some spirutual stuff or whatever.
2018-02-23 13:45
rain | 
Slovakia verg1ll 
its not spiritual power, its genetics, you think ronaldinho was getting some special training when he was little boy?
2018-02-23 13:46
shroud | 
Spain mintzz 
Some people's neuron connections are done differently, sometimes there are more and they fire quicker, some people manage to use more of their brain as others and their thought process is different. There are plenty of examples but I'd have to find the sources again. Some people will grow more skilled than others naturally, for some othersx no matter how hard they try: it won't work. I've had this friend of mine I tried to teach CS to, gave many advice, sent vids. They played a lot and tried hard but they couldn't manage to get past nova 2 in over 1k hours. That person is naturally, since childhood, very dreamy. They lack good reaction time, muscle memory and ability to properly focus and they can't handle pressure. It requires practice to be the best, but many people practice just as much and only a few make it to the very top.
2018-02-23 14:00
And also, I need to rephrase my first sentence a bit, I misworded it by claiming they don't need training as they also do. Someone who trains should always be higher in the hierarchy and more prone to deliver results but there are people who need next to no practice to be on a high level in personal skill, obviously teamplay and such need to be still trained. Those don't just magically happen.
2018-02-22 17:33
That's one of the things that really bothers me sometimes. When I see someone talking about pros like "gifteds" it sounds like if they never train, you know? I got your point. As I said before, that's about culture.
Norway YouWotm8! 
So a norwegian would be better than a brazilian at selling fish, just because Norway sells a lot of fish? I arent think that
2018-02-22 18:11
Brazil Guiholtz 
brazil probably sells more fish than norway tho
2018-02-22 18:16
Norway YouWotm8! 
Just took a random country. Just use ukraine instead then
2018-02-23 10:31
Culture obviously have an impact on what areas people discover their talents on, and this is the reason why they end up finding their talent in something. For example, in Spain the average skill level of professional footballers is significantly higher than in Finland. This is because of the Spanish culture, and more specifically their passion towards football. However, that does not exclude the fact that in Finland there is also similar amount of people who are equally talented in football. This means that they are able to learn football faster than others and with same amount of training, would become more skilled. They just do not have the same resources to improve themselves, because football is not as big thing in Finland. That is, although culture has an impact on which area people discover their talent on, yet there are still people who are more talented than others in certain areas regardless of the cultural background.
2018-02-23 11:26
Sailing requires athleticness. Better examples would be shit like snooker and golf which require legit no athleticness.
2018-02-22 17:27
Agreed, just thought up something fast but it is possible to be a part of a sailing crew and have absolutely zero athleticism so it also works fine.
i uderstand what you ment there but sailing on a professional level requires a lot of preparation actually :)
2018-02-22 18:55
Yeah, I do understand your message too but I believe there are classes where people could be carried by a far superior crew compared to the competition. I am truly not intentionally mocking sailing as a sport because I've sailed non-competitively at clear and rough waters and already that can be in my honest opinion called a sport, sometimes even a extreme one..
2018-02-22 20:26
i living on the sea so i know a bit about it ,never sailed myself tho
2018-02-23 00:45
I recommend sailing if you don't get seasick. It's extremely fun and enjoyable, I personally like both ends: sailing rough waters and needing to perform in the sense that if you fuck up too bad you might end up with your boat in the bottom of the sea, dead or drifting without your sails and the sunny days just cruising on autopilot and enjoying the sun and a breeze are also to my liking. Maybe even a Breezer to go with the breeze. ;) Also, always on sea I've ended up seeing things that have amazed and intrigued me and made me think. Also clears your head really well as there's only one task at hand and everything else is accessible only after you've docked.
2018-02-23 17:35 :) i'am more about fishing so i'll stick with engine
2018-02-23 17:57
That's also really enjoyable! =)
2018-02-23 18:38
United States AproximateCS 
If golf is a sport this is a sport
2018-02-22 17:20
Norway YouWotm8! 
Golf is a hobby, as is Esports
2018-02-22 18:17
simple said +1
2018-02-22 18:56
A sport is a word we define in consensus - this word is eSport not sport, it has it's current definitions. Competition is one of them and it has a lot of that. The amount of competition and easy accessibility to test your skills is what makes it such a OP platform. Humans are of competitive nature, this is a way to battle it out without physically or mentally damaging anyone ( while you do reap what you sow). Btw, I don't really care if eSports is a sport in general, I think that's why it's called eSports and not titles under sports category. :p Because it's actually so challenging that people have really different skill levels, and so interesting that even people who can't play as much or as well (some of them could if they dedicated themselves to it but they don't have a passion for it or wish to do something else. If we don't turn bitter or aren't terribly mistreated on the way (and even after that some people have the mental fortitude (also the right kind of support) to go on, obviously)) that there's blatant amounts of viewers.. Your definitions are outdated. eSport is enough a Sport to be called what it is.
2018-02-22 20:47
2018-02-23 17:38
Brazil Juneco 
E = IS in portuguese so Esport = is sport
2018-02-22 17:21
2018-02-22 17:22
Portugal Mountain_Dew 
actually E means and
2018-02-23 19:09
Brazil Juneco 
really manoel?
2018-02-23 19:35
Portugal Mountain_Dew 
yes favela
2018-02-23 20:55
Is poker sport? Chess?
2018-02-22 17:21
Actually yes no matter if you agree or not
2018-02-22 17:23
You don't have to view anything as a sport, I do not see these things as sports just as I don't view e-sport as a real sport. I would probably even argue that e-sport is more of a sport than poker. Just because they are in whatever organization you don't need to call anything "real" sport
I respect your opinion but both poker and chess are considered as a sport no matter if you like it or not
They aren't real sports, just competitions just as e-sport.
Again: they are considered as sports. This is just fact
2018-02-22 17:30
Poker is a family of card games that combines gambling, strategy, and skill. All poker variants involve betting as an intrinsic part of play, and determine the winner of each hand according to the combinations of players' cards, at least some of which remain hidden until the end of the hand. Football is a family of team sports that involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with a foot to score a goal. Unqualified, the word football is understood to refer to whichever form of football is the most popular in the regional context in which the word appears. Just because it's in a organization that labels its a sport doesn't mean anyone have to obey by some kind of rule to call it sport, it's not real sports.
2018-02-22 17:32
You just said that it's considered as s sport and then you denied it with your biased opinion. Im done here
2018-02-22 17:36
Pure lie, not what happened at all. Only reason you're done is because you have one tiny little vague argument, i don't even think you understand what point you're trying to make. peace.
Now I know that you are just retarded... Cg
2018-02-22 21:31
wtf are you smoking? poker is a game of chance, just like any other card game. not a sport at all.
2018-02-23 13:56
Game of chance? ROFL
2018-02-23 15:54
You laughing at his argument is closing to such stupidity that you should probably have someone look after you for the rest of your life. :P Poker is a game of chance, the trick is to minimize the chance. You can also play the players, which makes your input and interpretation of others' output have more value but even there's a chance that you might be the one played, misreading etc. No matter how good a player you are there's always a chance you'll end up losing a particular hand. If you're a good player you can avoid going out in the said hand by mucking in time - and a lot more mistakes in general - but anyhow you put it, there's always a chance.
2018-02-23 18:51
Obviously, this is talking about a fair game of poker.. If the dealer's dishonest without the players noticing then that is something that is not a game of chance and is still played as poker. =)
2018-02-23 18:56
I agree with everything what you said mate... But claiming that poker is game of chance and game of chance only is retarded. I play poker myself... Why we have/had players like Phill Eivy etc, etc, etc? Because they are the luckiest people on planet earth?
2018-02-23 19:00
Nope, because they're amazing at minimizing the chance of losing and maximizing the chance of winning in Poker. :) It's as simple as that. I also used to play poker online, sometimes play for fun for pocket change irl with friends only nowadays, just don't feel the grind. :D
2018-02-23 19:11
I don't play poker online, I don't like it... But I can guarantee to you that I'm better every single tournament and that it's about skill. Again, you had fair points but it's still about how do YOU play and not about which cards do you have
2018-02-23 19:19
If two players that are of equivalent skill level and both able to hide their tells it is about who calculates their hands risk better and reads the others bets (the worth of their hand in general) better but you might also get lucky and just outdraw the other player time after time. There's always luck involved no matter how good you play, for that reason it is a game of chance by definition. Not that I don't agree with you about a players skill determing how good he does - atleast on a larger spectrum of things. The variation where you can most affect is a large set of hands, a single hand might be just out of your reach. If you are not good or bright enough to realize you're not most likely winning this and don't end up lucking out.. You lose. There's for example the hand where Dan Negreanu gets destroyed by Gus Hansen pulling quads..
2018-02-23 19:23
Luck is involved in every single sport... My point is that poker is still about your level, your skill, your abilities to read opponents etc. Ofc that you can make "bad call" based on percents and still win but in long term point of view you will be in negative numbers if you can't play this game
2018-02-23 19:25
Obviously, yes. There's a chance in everything and everywhere obviously but in the case of Poker it is a game that is built more so on it then for example a game of football. In the game of football if something drastic doesn't happen, the better team most likely wins. In poker that chance is in-built to every hand, every step of the game more-so then to anything else played competitively and it should be a positive aspect in my opinion because the skillset is to minimize/maximize your chances which defines a good player from a bad player. Such understanding comes from insight and training. Again by no definition I am saying that there isn't skill involved, but I am saying that there's a not-so-vague possibility that someone can win by just chance alone.
2018-02-23 19:34
hypothetical: the worlds best player plays against a total noob that mindlessly calls every bet. if through random chance that noob is given the better hand every round, no amount of skill will make the worlds best player win. - the fact that this scenario is even possible tells you it's a game of chance. any skill you can possibly apply is confined by it.
2018-02-24 00:35
"calls every bet" for real...? its like you would play 1v1 in football vs ronaldo but ronaldo would have to shoot everytime he gets ball nomatter where on the field he is.or you would play tennis vs nadal but he can only play on your left side.this is just retarded you cant force "rule" like this and claim that its game of chance. if its game of chance,how is this possible?¨ the luckiest girl in the world?
2018-02-24 03:29
my example limits the play of the noob, your examples limit the play of the pro player. not sure what you're trying to prove with that. and you're missing the point, which is: the scenario is possible. a total noob CAN win against the best. i'm glad you mentioned nadal, because he is a perfect example for the difference between poker and a sport. you could have nadal play against total noobs for 2 years every day and he would win 100% of the matches. in poker you CAN lose to random chance, that's enough.
2018-02-24 20:25
loosing 1 hand here and there is like loosing fifteen in tennis...and im pretty sure that even nadal would have lose some fifteen here and there against random noobs aswell. and no,your example is actually limiting pro player since he is the one who knows when to call,when to raise,how much,with what hand and against which player based on experience,skill,position on table,size of pot and many more are limiting HIM by forcing him to call every freaking hand lol. have you ever played some tournament in poker? (and please dont tell me some random online tournament for 10 bucks)
2018-02-24 20:29
World neomax360 
you are just a retarded! it is useless to argue with you
2018-02-25 20:48
10/10 argument...
2018-02-25 20:57
i think you misread my original comment. i wrote: "hypothetical: the worlds best player plays against a total noob that mindlessly calls every bet." which means the noob calls everything, not the pro...
2018-02-26 01:02
By definition, yes, it is ^^
Sweden TDK Em1L 
Who Cares (except for The Sports visa thingy) , and actully very many pros are fit,some AF, and then Normal weight/ skinny (more than average) and a few fatties, you could Do The stats by Cheaking le top 20 teams players, and see for yourself, not many fatties at all.
2018-02-22 17:23
Guardian is fat enough for the rest though :D
United States tediousOOF 
boltz too
could have been a sport if you don't need a 240hz + zowie mouse + mechanical keyboard + 500 fps to play the game
Actually the only thing you need is a 120-144Hz monitor (there even are old CRT's that support up to 160Hz) and a computer that can run the game without going to less then your frequency. Obviously the extra fps are gonna help to smooth the game out even more but at that point you're pretty much on par with input lag. Not all games require even as much, this is a FPS "minimum competitive level" setting. Obviously more FPS will give your monitor a better samplesize of images and and make it even smoother but the truth is that it's all about your personal level and input at first, after that it's finding a team and learning to play as a team and then just attending qualifiers, going to smaller events, fishing and working for a chance to get to the better leagues and recieving better invites to qualifiers, tournaments and events in general.. You don't really need so much for most titles, obviously the newer and especially really new titles are demanding more but there is a wide range of games to pick from. :P Hearthstone doesn't even require you to own a PC..
2018-02-23 19:03
Europe ImAmnesiac 
curling is a sport? xd sport has no definition nowadays
World neomax360 
+1 every thing can be called a sport nowadays
2018-02-25 20:49
Germany t_mmey 
chess and fucking gunshooting are sports. get out pls
India EosTheSilver 
Both r different things. There are even things like poker comeptition which I think is silliest thing inhave heard .so its an individual view is the sport real or silly. Running is like everyone does that.But it is a sport not saying it shudnt be but yes cs can b called a sport as it required skill like any other sport like brain eye reflex which can b comparable to chess more or less
in my opinion its not really a sport, but if chess is considered a sport so are esports
Croatia Makz_CRO 
That's like saying chess is not a sport, archery is not a sport etc. You don't need athleticism for everything. You are either trolling or THAT stupid. Over and out.
2018-02-22 17:31
Chess is not a real sport
2018-02-22 17:33
Croatia Makz_CRO 
Let's not argue and say it isn't. Archery still is, curling is, snooker is. There are plenty of examples, your choice to hang on the only one you can actually argue about. My point still stands.
2018-02-22 17:52
chess is the only one of your examples i disagree with though
2018-02-22 17:53
Why do you think chess is not a sport?
United Kingdom Lightning_DC_ 
I personally don’t consider esports to be a “sport.” That’s why it has its own classification or name: “esports”
2018-02-22 17:32
why does it matter
2018-02-22 17:55
Europe kennyBeast 
thats why its an e-sport. Would be a disgrace to normal athletes if it was called sport.
2018-02-22 17:57
If shooting is an olympic sport, which literally requires no physical prowess other than being good at aiming, then i really don't see why esports can't be a sport. Archery, sailing are also sports that really doesn't require you to be in physical shape. Same with curling, some of these curlers are chubby as fuck.
2018-02-22 18:03
eh i would argue sailing just a bit, but i agree
2018-02-22 18:12
eh, i guess, depends a bit about what kind of boat you are competing with.
2018-02-22 18:15
i dont know much about sailing but i have watched it once so yeah, the boat matters lmao
2018-02-22 18:16
Mom comes into your room complaining that you are playing videogames again and you reply: you don't understand it's a sport and I'M AN ATHLETE EXERCISING, soon to go to olympics, once the world realizes the TRUTH!
2018-02-22 18:05
and you are a faggot
2018-02-22 18:12
2018-02-22 18:49
2018-02-22 20:11
Esport is just as much of a sport as fotball is! Chess is considered a sport, why cant videogames be?
2018-02-22 18:15
Chess and esports = hobby not a sport
2018-02-22 18:18
Chess is officialy a sport
2018-02-22 18:19
So is golf. But to me golf is a hobby
2018-02-22 18:20
TO you it can be whatever u want, but those are consideren sports, dosent matter what they are to you idiot
2018-02-22 18:24
Ur just mad cause u dont have a scene
2018-02-22 18:24
Boo hoo. I’m mad because I’m not a greasy wanna be esports player and instead I venture outside. Yeah I’m mad alright
2018-02-22 19:23
Opinions and general definitions of words are not the same thing. The general definition is a consensus within opinions, one of the reasons why our language is ever-changing.
2018-02-23 19:08
No. It is a hobby. As is golf, chess, marksmanship etc.
2018-02-22 18:18
shox | 
Poland neverbait 
golf, chess they are sports lol
2018-02-22 18:28
esports its for loosers
2018-02-22 18:20
shox | 
Poland neverbait 
ofc esport its not a sport only fat nerds may say it is to feel better because they think that they actually training smth haha sad but true
2018-02-22 18:28
Being physically fit helps, by a large margin, to in general perform better, that's also the reason most of the professional players stay fit while they play an "excessive amount" of computer games in general daily.. Also, it isn't a sport as the word is eSports. The incorporation of sport in the word comes from the competitive nature of eSports and also because it requires a skillset you can learn and train and which is defined by your properties. Obviously, it is a different thing then most sports where you might be severly outclassed by just your physical condition or even being not able to compete at all because of f.e. being too fat. :P
2018-02-23 19:18
well said
2018-02-23 20:15
Sweden aer1aL 
Chess, Golf, Marksmanship etc. are considered SPORTS, your "OPINIONS" doesn't matter THEY ARE SPORTS. So are e-SportS.
2018-02-22 18:30
that's why it's called 'esport' and not 'sport', so retarded
2018-02-22 18:54
if chess is sport, e-sports is also sport
2018-02-22 18:54
Poland reap3r 
I treat those as completely separate categories. Like: Esport =/= sport. Football =/= esport. CSGO =/= sport. etc
2018-02-22 18:55
who cares
2018-02-22 18:57
2018-02-22 18:57
obviously it's not it's like saying basketball is not art
2018-02-22 19:08
TaZ | 
Finland qBeY 
esport is obviously esport not sport, but what makes you think it's worse for not being "real sport"
2018-02-22 19:11
Czech Republic manik999 
Nobody really cares if its a sport or not, because sport definition is really stupid written. Esport is fun to do, its lifestyle, esport matches are incredibly exciting sometimes, esports connect people from all over the world. Usually overweight nerds ? Not in 2018, and playing video games good isnt really that easy as it seems, you look like a b8ter
2018-02-22 20:15
it is in germany - by law
2018-02-22 20:27
Denmark Xipingu 
Hence why it's called "eSports". It's a term created for this purpose. No one cares. Btw are you suggesting it's somehow funnier to watch football or basketball? Football is fun af to play but shit to watch, commentators are boring 95% of the time and it's just a ball being kicked back and forth. There's no substance for me. If I am not playing it myself, it's boredom incarnate. Basketball is just gg. I've never watched something for 2 seconds and felt such a need to shut down my television and go outside. Yawn. Ice Hockey though... Now that's great, because that's obstacles making it much less easy to handle everything. Not to mention Rugby, albeit still somewhat boring but watchable. But CS and FPS shooters competitively... Now that's good fun.
2018-02-22 20:49
ping fucking pong
2018-02-22 20:52
+1 though a lot if salty gamers think otherwise while you can invest a fuck ton of money in it and maybe make profit it doesnt make it sport
2018-02-23 00:51
not a sport, it's an esport. thats why its called an esport. you have sports, and you have games like football, baseball, basketball, hockey etc. then you have esports, and you have games like csgo, league, dota, overwatch, etc
2018-02-23 00:53
United States OJSimpson_ 
1. an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. According to google its a sport
2018-02-23 00:54
"usually overweight" Like 5% of the players are overweight ?
2018-02-23 10:21
not really more like 35%, not only overweight but obese too
2018-02-23 17:29
sry to say but football is one of the most borring sports. there is almost no action compare to anything else ;)
2018-02-23 10:22
You're right esports isn't the same as sports. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED ESPORTS LUL.
2018-02-23 10:24
if eSports was sport, it was called sport
2018-02-23 10:25
Its not a sport and never will be, fuck all these nerds trying so hard to come up with an argument about it being a sport
2018-02-23 13:34
2018-02-23 13:47
in our reality, the IOC decides what is or isn't a sport. anyone else's opinion is irrelevant.
2018-02-23 13:59
+1 darts, snooker, motorsports etc aint sports either
2018-02-23 15:55
you are just trying to make people like me mad, it's a sport btw.
2018-02-23 17:31
I'm not sure if eSports are qualified as Sports or not. I don't think they need to achieve title though. They're good enough for their fans. However, a good point is that eSports are not an alternative to physically demanding sports. People should do a cardiovascular activity like running or cycling if they are sitting in front of a computer playing games or working all day. It helps them be fit in the near future and improve heart health in older ages.
2018-02-23 17:46
You are obviously allowed to have that opinion, however I dont see why you need to proclaim it or believe that anybody would think that it's worth much. I mean who are you and why do you feel that you have any authority on the subject?
2018-02-23 19:05
Croatia feelsbadmane 
Basketball in 2018 OMEGALUL,its only watched in NA like handegg aka "football"
2018-02-23 19:12
World memyselfandI 
I see it as a game, just like I see dart, chess and alike as a game, rather than a sport. It's a more tense game as it is not turnbased, but still just a game. It misses physical activity being high enough for me to label it as a sport.
2018-02-23 19:28
It's 100 times more a sport then Nascar , golf, bowling and every event at the winter Olympics accept for hockey. Esports is a sport and that's why they pay them the big bucks.
2018-02-23 20:30
not a sport yeah right , ofc its a sport
2018-02-24 10:05
Netherlands Vladrurik 
Chess and Darts are also sports
2018-02-24 20:26
France MrTasy 
that's why we say "Esport" LUL Esport= Electronic sport 4Head E stands for electronic is they've put an "E" it's not for nothing
2018-02-24 20:36
Austria rain_OG 
and why you make so much drama about it? sport esport hobby who cares? figureskating,dancing,F1,whatever <-- is this a sport for you?
2018-02-24 20:38
If Chess is a sport then esports is also a sport. /closed
2018-02-25 03:56
World locky0000 
email =/= mail esport =/= sport how does this even upset ppl?
2018-02-25 03:58
North America Baltimore52 
2018-02-25 19:43
chess is a sport. golf is a sport. eSport is a sport. nice trigger
2018-02-25 19:46
+1 for opinion but i think is bullshit, what does make a sport sport? E-sports are not sports in the traditional form, but I think these require more training, and more mental fortitude.
2018-02-25 20:53
esport-e = sport /close
2018-02-25 21:30
Russia slyfoxxdd 
esport = sport of young people
2018-02-26 01:05
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.