Thread has been deleted
Last comment
PORTUGUESE SCENE
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
It's bad. I know it. We all know it. BUT, it has potential for a solid tier 2, top 20-worthy team. Why? First of all there would be absolutely no language barrier, players do gain confidence communicating on their own language. Main reason why MUTiRiS didn't succeed comes from communication issues. Other than fox and Mut, other 2 of the national top 5 players are playing in a Spanish team. It DOES limit your full potential, whether you want it or not. Secondly, as bad and short as the scene could be, there's at least one decent element for each and every role that a team needs. Mutiris is excellent on his role when he's playing confident and communication flows, fox is a solid awper and a capable IGL, ZELIN and rmn are quite strong riflers that could take the star and lurk roles respectively and then there's Pizituh who's a consistent fragger. Not tier 1, but it's honestly the farthest I can see any Portuguese player go at the moment. Moreover, can see this lineup compete in big tournaments' qualifiers. If they wanted, they could even get a decent coach... What is stopping this from happening? When will they realize that they keep hopping from team to team because it doesn't work. Get your shit together because I want to see you prove that Portugal can have a name in this game.
2018-03-06 20:00
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
No wonder why k1ck was the best team the country ever had.
2018-03-06 20:02
RIZZZ | 
Portugal andrem34 
To do that it would be better to put fox and mutiris in young sharks but a team with mixwell fox mutiris and lowel +1 would be even better
2018-03-06 20:03
 | 
Portugal FiZzYgAy 
Dude just stop fox was a legend but he isn't anymore , he does not have the skill he had, his peak was back in the old G2 and in that one tournament with SK. and Mutiris can keep playing on Portuguese teams vs other Portuguese teams. Portugal can't have T2/3 CS simply because only fox is the best portuguese player and atm he got kicked from a team that hasn't been together for 2months. It's sad but its true .
2018-03-06 20:06
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Exactly. Fox used to be a tier 1 awper, thanks for proving my point. What I mean is that the best he can get now if he intends to keep playing is this. He doesn't have the firepower to belong to a great team again. This is the max he can get, otherwise would've suggested something better for him. Only fox is the best because there's only one best. I'm pretty sure if they sticked together and attempted this, they'd go farther than anything they've tried since Fox left SK.
2018-03-06 20:13
fnx | 
Brazil Guiholtz 
Why don't Portuguese players team up with Brs? Fox proved it can happen at Atlanta, communication would be ez I see a lot of br teams that could use stars like Mut and Fox, imagine if they teamed up with kNg?
2018-03-07 13:57
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
That'd be great but the thing is that neither one of them will be willing to change continents.
2018-03-07 20:21
Poland zmo 
fox igl? no way
2018-03-06 20:07
if the team has pizituh he can IGL
2018-03-06 23:36
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Not that he's necessarily a good IGL but he has done it before and he's carrying over a decade of CS on his back so he has the experience to take the role in case it's needed...
2018-03-06 23:55
 | 
Portugal ChicoS 
Everyone from Portugal should read this and make it happen. +1
2018-03-06 21:04
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Good to see I'm not the only one...
2018-03-06 23:29
EliGE | 
Portugal ArturS 
why PT players are always changing teams i dont get it
2018-03-06 23:32
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Because they set goals that they can't achieve and give up on the teams . They don't seem to understand that what they're attempting doesn't work, because they'll always go back to those international lineup futureless projects.
 | 
United States McSkillet 
looool
2018-03-06 23:33
 | 
Finland Ez4encehaHAA 
Bntet just kidnapped a 15 yr old men chehc hltv
2018-03-06 23:33
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
consistenz just got reported for commenting inappropriate content.
2018-03-06 23:34
 | 
Finland Ez4encehaHAA 
You should be reported for mentioning portugal and scene in the same sentence men oki
2018-03-06 23:35
 | 
Switzerland noxer* 
Portugal football scene. Here, report me
2018-03-06 23:37
 | 
Finland Ez4encehaHAA 
Nah ur from switzgerald the place where good watches and toblerone is born men i would want to fak ju but i am not a woman
2018-03-06 23:38
 | 
Portugal tiagofrosty 
Stopped reading at "top 20-worthy team", you're dreaming dude... They do have potential but in Portugal there's lack of opportunities, that's why all the best players leave to Spain or other countries, our country is trash, there's not many money to invest and most people don't give a damn about portuguese csgo scene. All this would make investors lose money, simply because there is no receipt or income for them.
2018-03-06 23:34
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Exactly. There's not really much choice for them to try things abroad but to make something of themselves. If Kinguin and teams like Sprout, Torqued made it, I believe a lineup with all these players could make it as well. Furthermore, if they do realize that international teams are prone to fail, why not try something easier for once? There's no reason why they haven't given it a try yet. K1ck was the best thing that happened to Portugal in CS:GO and they had the 5 of the best players in the scene. Guess what, we haven't seen a Portuguese team be as known as them. The ingredient is there, they just need to embrace it. Imagine they gave it a try and did good, obviously they'd be eyed by investors and given a chance. But if nothing is done and they keep on changing teams without any result, they won't progress...
2018-03-06 23:45
 | 
Switzerland noxer* 
Just make it instead fox mutt rmn zelin killdream No space for pizituh, he is bad
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Good other option. There's a bit of room to make a team. That'd be another idea... killdream is also a decent top player in the country.
2018-03-06 23:47
woxic | 
Portugal HiImSpr 
the problem here is that no portuguese organization can pay fox what he makes right now
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Why be greedy at this point? He has had an entire career and his peak is long gone. He has been making tons of money since he started playing. Why not utilize these last few months/years to make something fun that will allow him to compete while he can? He's also making money out of Fox Gaming Gear. I really just think it's just him with his international obsession. Like in his head he's too ahead of the Portuguese scene to even consider playing along with 4 other Portuguese players. But I won't say more because this is pure speculation.
2018-03-06 23:51
 | 
Macau MoscaMorta 
We need orgs with some money not players imo
2018-03-06 23:48
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Foreign orgs can always purchase a Portuguese lineup. Do you not think if the SK roster was Portuguese they wouldn't sign contracts with other powerful orgs? Orgs come with success. As players start getting more recognition, Orgs will be created. But the players need to kick off the game otherwise nobody will...
2018-03-06 23:53
 | 
Macau MoscaMorta 
Atm in Portugal there isn't an Org that can pay the top 5 portuguese players at the same time... And if you're a ''pro'' i think you want to be payed for your investement in the game. Do you think fox would want to leave the international scene winning 2000+€ (idk) to come to Portugal and win an half our less than that? If we really want to improve our scene we need to create a scene with Spain and start a Iberian Scene, that will attract more sponsors and help getting recognition to both scenes...
2018-03-07 00:19
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Of course orgs come with success. Teams like NTC are also looking for orgs and they aren't getting paid at the moment. But since they've proved to be good previously they will get a contract soon for sure.
2018-03-07 07:18
 | 
Macau MoscaMorta 
But the players of NTC have sponsors... We don't xd
2018-03-07 13:53
 | 
Portugal S!im* 
Portuguese scene is bad? Yes but only now because the best players are playing outside of Portugal, remember that. Can we have a portuguese team to compete with the best teams in the world? Yes but I'm not sure if I see that one day, most of the portuguese pro players and orgs don't step up and make a "super team".
2018-03-06 23:54
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
In my opinion the scene is pretty bad, but that's exactly what I mean, why not make team? It'd probably be the best they could do. Things do not work otherwise...
2018-03-07 00:01
 | 
Portugal Zedonp 
Fox is not an IGL (at least good) and there few to no orgs that will pay for a Pro portuguese team. Also our market for this stuff is not that big and if there is no money to be made with merch selling or other products no investment will come, no big lans or anything similar either.
2018-03-06 23:57
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
They don't pay because they know that PT is a deadweight in the scene. However they know it because they haven't seen different. You'd never know how other organizations would approach a PT team if they proved to be decent...
2018-03-07 00:04
 | 
Portugal Zedonp 
The bigining of csgo was a great oportunity to prove ourselfs and we never really made it far. With so many tournaments atm and we never got a single one even on tier 2/3 lans. The lack of lan tournaments seems to really affect us and diminish our player base, maybe we have players with skill but very few will ever porsue cs as their career, even fewer will make it semi-pro and so on.
2018-03-07 00:01
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
You're right about that... there's not much you can do on that situation.
2018-03-07 00:05
 | 
Portugal Zedonp 
In 1.6 where most of these players began playing we had some many Lans tournaments and Lan houses on Portugal. Now it's shitty online tournaments with 300 brackets, I get it that the bar is much higher now but without trying even if for fun u will never know how u perform at a real Lan and that experience is mostly what let fox make it so "far"
2018-03-07 00:12
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
You're so right! There's no investment whatsoever in esports in Portugal
2018-03-07 00:15
 | 
Brazil Seleskva 
Portugal need a national team, but that would be a downgrade to fox, who is 31yo already and has no time to lose. The only way i see that happening is if a big org from Portugal is willing to pay them a good salary while fox has no options to play elsewhere.
2018-03-07 00:04
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
It would never be a downgrade if it was at least on the same level as a dead Dignitas or a rusty Kinguin with communication problems. But yes it seems like fox just won't accept lowering his salary to try something new. Sad because fox would also help other players prove themselves like ZELIN who is stuck in Portugal and is such a good player, or like Mut who can be much better than he was in Kinguin. :c
2018-03-07 00:08
g0d | 
Brazil L4x @.@ 
Fox is old he cant lose anymore he needs a solid team like SK
2018-03-07 00:17
rain | 
Portugal Heleno 
+1
2018-03-07 00:21
 | 
Portugal ron4r 
This is actually the first respectful post I've ever seen regarding the Portuguese scene, good stuff dude.
2018-03-07 00:23
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
Thanks for the recognition =]
2018-03-07 07:14
 | 
Portugal Stifmyster 
You have 1 simple problem.... fox,mut and i think roman never played with zelin(idk why) Pizituh is good. Also i would like to see Killdream in this roster because he is a decent player and he played with fox,mut,roman and Pizituh in Kick and KickOldschool aka Vatos Locos? With a good coach(maybe Rubenix wants to coach again like he used to) and we will se more of this again youtube.com/watch?v=fsEeKdfYhzk&t
2018-03-07 00:31
 | 
Portugal CRMN1 
If ZELIN is already that good with average team mates, imagine on a team with the best =]
2018-03-07 07:19
what scene?
2018-03-07 07:46
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.