Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Agnosticism?
 | 
Turkey casmere 
For instance, I'm making something up, let's call it a "Gidi gidi". I'm creating a book about it smartly. I'm calling myself a prophet of its religion. And that Gidi gidi can't talk or interact with us because we're in an exam. Here's my question: If you say you are not sure if it exists or not, isn't it dumb? You can be sure it's not, because i made it up? And because it happened in ancient times, does it mean that God is acceptable?
2018-04-15 11:14
God is an illusion that less intelligent people believe in because they need a reason for our existence. But we are just atoms. There was no universal plan. We just happened.
2018-04-15 11:15
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Well, first of all, it doesn't really answer my question, secondly, I don't think believers are dumb, they have their own reasons just like us. Let's just discuss about it and find the right thing to do.
2018-04-15 11:18
Find the right thing to do? Dude look its something discussed for thousands of years and will not be resulted if we do not see a belief is compeletely right; so instead of finding the solution of the hardest question in hltv, do something different of just debate on it
2018-04-16 02:51
 | 
Turkey casmere 
I meant finding the right thing for me or for you guys who are wondering about the truth. I don't give a fuck if it's been discussed for thousands of years. I'm the one to try now.
2018-04-16 09:21
Missunderstood
2018-04-16 09:34
 | 
Turkey casmere 
It's cool.
2018-04-16 12:22
 | 
Europe kennyBeast 
you are stupid if you believe anything you say.
2018-04-15 11:33
 | 
Turkey casmere 
That is the same thing as he did. Calling stupid the other people.
2018-04-15 11:37
Finland em7 
lol
2018-04-15 11:41
 | 
Portugal paladinpt 
Well, it is known that in the more developed countries the religion is slowly dying.
2018-04-15 12:30
 | 
Turkey VeryOkayGuy 
It's so funny how you deny God's existence, calling it an illusion believed by retards, but state that today's science theories are just, and there was no plan of our creation. That's like saying "atoms are the smallest thinks ever hurr durr" without even attempting to go deeper.
2018-04-15 12:00
But science has gone deeper? it was the ancient greeks who named the atom (unsplittable in old greek) and they believed everything to be made of atoms. Modern science however have discovered the "building blocks" of electrons, neutrons and protons, the "building blocks" of atoms.
2018-04-16 22:45
 | 
Turkey VeryOkayGuy 
Yeah it has, but it has a longer path to go. (sori for bed) It's a fact that many of the theories-- maybe laws will be disproven sometime in the future. Its not so wise to act like SoSick, pretending to know everything about science and saying "allahu ekber no real amk xd we are not planned". It's way too early to make a just statement about the existence or the inexistence of a god. fakink langueg barrier, couldnt make myself clear ;-; Have an okay day, -VERYOKAYGUY
2018-04-16 22:52
Although I see your point, and his (SoSick), I think the most logical way forward is to look at the evidence presented and form theories as we go. Obviously we don't know everything yet, but science sure does explain more than any religion ever has or will explain. In the future some theories will be debunked, like they have in the past (e.g. geocentric solar system) but at least science corrects its errors instead of disputing (at the time) indisputable evidence. Well, at least that's my 2 cents on the subject.
2018-04-16 23:03
 | 
Turkey VeryOkayGuy 
Welp, u have a good point mate. I don't think i have to say anything else here. ^^ Gud nait Have an okay day, -VERYOKAYGUY
2018-04-16 23:05
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I have 127 iq and I believe in god because without god people have no morals and also what is the point in not? If he is real you go to heaven when you die if he isn’t what did you lose from believing?
2018-04-16 16:42
 | 
Poland kamuk 
thats literally not true people would be moral even without religions
2018-04-16 16:46
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I would have to disagree, Explain the rise of homos and trannies? The destuction of the family and sex culture are all directly related the the decline of religious values in western society.
2018-04-16 16:49
 | 
Poland kamuk 
why would homos and trannies bother u? if u are straight u shouldnt care about them they dont do anything illegal so just let them be btw religious values -> biggest bullshit
2018-04-16 18:14
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I should care because what they do goes strictly against my values, they may not be breaking laws from a government but they are breaking laws in my mind. Nobody wants to see gay people kissing or transgender people it is unnatural and frankly just disgusting. If you are straight you should realize that trannies have serious mental issues and gays can’t control their fetishes. Homosexuality is a fetish that you can be easily controlled just like pedophilia. The problem is they have normalized homosexuality so people let their fetishes loose and do what they know is wrong. Soon they will try to say that pedos are natural and its just how they are there is nothing they can do about it.
2018-04-16 18:38
 | 
Poland kamuk 
change ur values retard
2018-04-16 18:52
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
How about you?
2018-04-16 19:33
 | 
Poland kamuk 
i dont hate anyone because of their sexual preferences so i guess im fine
2018-04-16 19:42
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
But you hate people because their religious beliefs?
2018-04-16 19:58
 | 
Poland kamuk 
no i dont? i just dont agree with them but everyone can believe in anything
2018-04-16 19:59
 | 
United States Zoomturd 
It seems that you are the one with no morals not atheists or agnostics.
2018-04-16 20:00
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
Because I disagree with immoral things 🤔🤔🤔
2018-04-16 20:51
 | 
United States Zoomturd 
Being gay or transexual is not immoral.
2018-04-16 20:59
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I would disagree, it is fundamentally wrong therefore immoral
2018-04-16 20:59
 | 
United States Zoomturd 
How is it "fundamentally wrong"
2018-04-16 21:01
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
When something is seen wrong since the beginning of man until 30 years ago there is probably something wrong with it
2018-04-16 21:15
 | 
United States Zoomturd 
Ever heard of ancient Greece? Or even Rome? Also that's terrible logic anyways if it were true.
2018-04-16 21:19
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
How is it terrible logic? There is a reason why it was viewed wrong for thousands of years. Also what does Rome and Greece have to do with homos?
2018-04-16 21:49
 | 
United States Zoomturd 
Homosexuality was welcomed there... The reason it was viewed wrong for "thousands of years" is religion. And if you need religion to give you morals you are a terrible person.
2018-04-16 21:55
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I just did some research on homosexuality in Ancient Rome, and it was no where near what it is today then it was about dominance they were able to practically rape, slaves, children and prisoners. Not because it felt good but because it was about power. It wasn’t something to be proud about like it is today, marriage wasn’t allowed because they understood that it was purely a fetish. And by the way the people who received anal were still seen as fags while the men who gave were seen as dominant. Also how does needing religion to give you morals make you a horrible person? Is everyone inherently a horrible person but religious morals make you not one? Believe it or not most of your morals come from the Bible even if you think it or not because that is where most western laws stem from.
2018-04-16 22:04
 | 
United States Zoomturd 
If you have to obtain morals from the Bible you are immoral. End of story. You can go continue being a hateful and oppressive person and see where that gets you
2018-04-16 22:06
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I’m not hateful nor oppressive i don’t hate them I only feel sorry for them. And I disagree that you are a horrible person if you get you morals from a book. To me that makes no sense how that makes you a horrible person. If you follow them that makes you a moral person end of story. An immoral person knows what is moral and acts against it. I don’t understand how you can see yourself as progressive if you can’t accept others opinions. I believe it is wrong as most have since the start of humanity I don’t understand how that makes me an immoral person.
2018-04-16 22:33
 | 
United States Zoomturd 
This is the last post I can send on mobile as the box is now 1 letter wide. You should have your own morals, if you need to get them from a book then they are someone else's morals, not yours. Being homosexual or transsexual is not immoral, end of story.
2018-04-16 22:39
It's extremely immoral to deny proper mental health care to the transsexuals. Instead normalizing obvious mental illness to fulfill some prevailing sociological bias. They are not getting themselves mutilated to become female to rear children or fulfill traditional female roles besides the one's in bed. The head of Johns Hopkins psychiatric unit or the top psychiatrist in the US regards it as a mental illness. Of course he is old and not worried about a future fighting prevailing insane sociological biases that have no basis in physical scientific fact. Johns Hopkins basically turned medical care from voodoo/witch doctor into modern science at the turn of the last century. Medical rounds are because Johns Hopkins is round. It is one of the leading medical facilities and medical schools in the world- and they will not cut off a penis.
2018-04-17 07:30
I have nothing against any of these people. People can do whatever the fuck they want as far as I care. But it is laughable as all get out how quickly the liberals run from physical science to social science when it comes to these people. Two gay gene hoaxes later-endless twins studies later and that born that way physical scientific difference has largely yet to be located. It's going to be tough since twins are so close biologically and sometimes have opposite sexual interests. They're finally conceding that sexual preference is in part experience and environment and not 100% of 100% born that way. These people and the theory of evolution is another hilarious go with the social science insanity over the doesn't exist physical science.
2018-04-17 07:41
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Man, you should really think about these again.
2018-04-17 06:45
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I have I used to be liberal but then I realized how wrong it is
2018-04-17 06:46
I have 135+ IQ and I don't believe in god. Not saying IQ has anything to do with it though. I know many intelligent people who believe in god. I just wanted to say how intelligent I am.
2018-04-16 16:53
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I was making fun of atheists by saying that btw, I don’t really have 127 iq at least I don’t think
2018-04-16 17:18
If you think you have to state your IQ on an online forum while discussing religion, you are in fact a fucking idiot. No matter what IQ. And thinking that IQ is a direct and accurate meassurement of overall intelligence also further proves that you aren't very smart
2018-04-16 17:23
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
2018-04-16 17:25
There's ton to be lost by "believing" in the supernatural. Maybe not necessarily on an individual level, but definitely on as a society
2018-04-16 17:26
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
Elaborate?
2018-04-16 17:30
Figures of authority have used religion as a tool to control the masses throughout all of history almost. And it's definitely still going on. Also religion by its very definition is anti-scientific. Just look at your own country, half its population don't even believe in evolution. Do you know how retarded that is?
2018-04-16 17:32
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
religion is a better tool of control than control without religion ie USSR and Communist China. Religion isn’t necessarily anti science as jesuits are Catholic scholars that have taught all math and science all around the world. And not to mention Islam has brought an insane amount of mathematics to the world. Evolution is a theory, a theory that is yes more likely than creationism but does it make a difference in which you choose to believe? It makes no difference in your life if you believe god made the world or if random chance did so why must you ridicule others for their beliefs? Checkmate atheists
2018-04-16 17:38
Why are you comparing it to authoritarian dictatorships? We don't need either lmao. Look at most of western Europe, no one here is religous and haven't been for like 70+ years It makes a huge difference if you're able to accept science or not.
2018-04-16 17:41
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
Why if my life has nothing to do with science why does it matter if I believe in it? I am an engineering student so I obviously believe in science but I still like to believe in god. Also look at what being atheist for 70 years has done to Europe. You have lost a lot of your culture, you are taking in mass amounts of refugees furthering your destruction, you are dying faster than you are breeding women are whores men are gay, it’s honestly sad.
2018-04-16 17:47
Who the fuck are you to talk about culture, you don't have any culture lmao How is 10 last years of immigration politics even relevant to the history of atheism in europe? Stop trying to make up arguments that aren't even relevant
2018-04-16 18:02
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
Athiesm is more like since the 70s-80s and it does play a role in modern immigrantion policy. Look at Poland they still have their culture because they don’t let in many immigrants mainly due to religious beliefs. And you are right the USA doesn’t have a lot of culture because we are a mix of many cultures and it’s relatively new and now become more atheist so we have lost many of our values that we used to hold
2018-04-16 18:16
China's doing quite well maintaining control of their enormous population, actually. And only about 30% of Japan's population is religious (mostly Buddhist, tiny percentage of Shinto and Christian). Also a very stable country, socially. I think the rest of your comment is good.
2018-04-16 17:51
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
Yeah 1 child policy is real good and people working 12 hours a day for shit pay sounds real good to me Japan is a country based on family honor and I think that is why it’s so good. They are taught to respect their elders and have a very hard work ethic. The west doesn’t have such ideas without religion and that’s where come imo.
2018-04-16 17:56
>one child policy ended years ago >Workers are now being treated fairer (still badly) but costs of living are cheap af Wake up
2018-04-17 08:34
yea and absent organized religion the same exact people would be using something else. As far as science-physical science in OK shape- despite numerous idiotic things once considered gospel now completely disproven-like peak food-world supposed to starve by the year 2000 they told us in 1972-yet now the first world is obese and famine one of the greatest killers of all time is all but eradicated from earth. First it was global cooling, then global warming, now climate change. Peak oil is similar story to peak food and there are plenty of others. Social science is beyond corrupt with over 50% of the published studies being unable to be replicated. It is a shit storm of confirming prevailing sociological biases and not a fucking thing to do with real science.
2018-04-17 08:26
I don't consider "social sciences" real science to begin with. Other than that you're right. Science is constantly changing, it part of the scientific process. Everything we know of certainty today once began as a crazy theory that had to proven hundreds of times by hundreds of different scientists, before the scientific community can regard it as a fact.
2018-04-17 13:55
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
I was making fun of how atheists always think they are so smart and that because they think they are smart they are superior and their thoughts are more valid.
2018-04-16 17:26
KKona
2018-04-16 21:03
 | 
United States Drag0nfart 
Babam izi izi
2018-04-16 21:16
lol @ this r/iamverysmart material The arrogant assumption that all reality is limited only to that which human faculty can perceive is a delusion less intelligent people believe in because they're fucking lazy, and ironically falling prey to the same irrational existential certitude as a religious fundie. We don't really know what the hell we are, or how far the scale of reality extends upward, downward, or even 'sideways' (i.e. string theory). We can't even rule out the possibility that our reality is a running simulation (and indeed, there's legitimate scientific evidence to support this idea), and if so that's about as 'planned' as it gets. Atheists and religious are hypocritical flip-sides of the same coin. Both assert faux-certainty on a subject which is rationally impossible to be certain about. And this is exactly why Einstein was agnostic. Hope this helps.
2018-04-16 17:43
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Ty, I wasn't saying that agnosticism is stupid tho.
2018-04-16 19:35
+1
2018-04-16 22:42
yes
2018-04-15 11:16
 | 
Germany unsalted 
Whilte the existence of a God is a philosophical idea, where you can roam in your mind and try to explore and expirience for yourself - established and written Down Religion is not. It is just following a book or a teaching with no connection to it. And that is not how Religion/Spirituality in a Philosophical Way should be at all. Religion/Spirituality should be one of your own - something you experienced and explored for yourself. Where you have a connection to and can reach wellbeing, can keep your mind calm and so on - even if it might not be "true" for others. So if someone comes up with the "Gidi Gidi" just accept the thought of "Gidi Gidi" in him. You dont have to believe in the "Gidi Gidi" yourself for him to find peace in the "Gidi Gidi". Hail Gidi Gidi.
2018-04-15 11:25
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Well, believing in existing religions are not clever you're saying? One should explore his/her mind and believe in a thing s/he thinks it's okay.
2018-04-15 11:32
 | 
Germany unsalted 
I think it can work for a few people if they feel the connection towards that existing religion. However i think its hard especially in monotheistic religions like christianity, islam, judaism to have this connection because most just get "born in" to those religions and have to "learn" the connections through rituals of that religion which is not self experienced or explored but somewhat "forced on". Ofcourse you can develop a deep connection towards those religions but i think its rare - most people just live with it like "yeah that just how it is im XYZ-Religious" I think in general its better to explore and experience for yourself and make up your mind instead of taking something that is just passed down to you.
2018-04-15 11:50
i kind of disagree with the part where you say people born in a religion find it hard to feel the connection, being born in a religious society makes it accessible to you to swin in that universe.
2018-04-16 17:16
+1 Religion and spirituality are very different things. Religion and morality are also two very different things, some would suggest otherwise. Spirituality has been life changing for me and has helped me to grow as a person. I agree with unsalted that it's important to find your own connection and what works for you. Hail Gidi gidi
2018-04-16 22:10
No, we can't be SURE that something like ''Gidi gidi'' doesn't exist because you cant prove that it does exist either. It doesn't sound likely but who knows, somewhere out in space or maybe in another dimension, Gidi gidi might just be possible.
2018-04-15 11:26
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Lol haha do these religions prove their arguments?
2018-04-15 11:29
I am gonna believe in Gidi Gidi, cuz who knows, i might go to Gidi Gidi’s hell if i dont. Better i take no chances xddd
2018-04-15 11:32
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Omg hahaha, well I can't argue with that lol
2018-04-15 11:38
Well anyways, most people feels it is necessary to believe, because they think something bad will happen if they dont. So, “fear” is the driving force mostly for people to believe in religions.
 | 
Turkey casmere 
I can agree with that.
2018-04-15 11:46
Why you can agree?
2018-04-16 18:14
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Well, it made sense. Fear drives people to believe.
2018-04-16 19:24
What a pussy way to live life.
2018-04-16 02:32
Yeah you really are smart.
2018-04-16 02:33
And you're not. Sorry, not my fault or my problem.
2018-04-16 02:35
Changed my mind. You re an idiot.
2018-04-16 02:36
My opinion remains unchanged. You're still quite dumb.
2018-04-16 02:37
No i am pretty clever compared to you.
2018-04-16 02:37
You believe in God and your basis for it is "if I don't I'll go to Hell." You are incredibly stupid compared to basically any other human being. Don't bother continuing to respond, I'm far smarter than you and you know it.
2018-04-16 02:40
Omg read #27
2018-04-16 02:40
 | 
Sweden Bangs 
"im smarter than you and you know it" yea, so fucking smart that you cant figure out he was joking huh?
2018-04-16 12:30
You’re really late to this thread, Ahmed.
2018-04-16 16:11
 | 
Sweden Bangs 
Dont care mr.smarty pants
2018-04-16 16:13
rommi | 
Finland qBeY 
Well you can almost certainly say that one specific god like the Christian one doesn't exist cause it's like any other religion among infinite amount of others. But whether there is any god or not, though I see it as very unlikely, can't be proven.
2018-04-15 11:29
" You can be sure it's not, because i made it up? ". It is still possible tho'. You know what is the chance of a planet having a life? I do not, but i would bet it is ridiculously small, almost impossible. Yet here we are.
2018-04-15 11:30
 | 
Turkey casmere 
But believing in something possibility is alright, I mean the planet exists, you're just making an assumption that a life may exist there. But believing in something that is not even certain if exists isn't logical enough.
2018-04-15 11:35
You can't use argument that life is certain. It is certain for us, not for the universe. There can be something we can not even imagine let alone being certain about it yet it can be there.
2018-04-15 12:21
 | 
Turkey casmere 
I don't know if I got your point but still. I'm just saying that we're living in a planet in which there is life, so there may be other planets which there is life in. It's a possibility because it is proved with our world. But there is no evidence about an existing God or a religion except for the books written by us, people. You see the difference now I assume.
2018-04-16 12:29
i think its quite the opposite. with the unimaginable amount of galaxies out there its more likely that there are millions of planets where life is possible and exists.
It is same, unimaginable amount of possibilities. Especially on abstract level.
2018-04-15 12:13
not sure if youre agreeing or disagreeing :)
2018-04-15 12:26
There is a possibility that i am agreeing as well as possibility that i am disagreeing.
2018-04-15 12:32
ah, right. i just wanted to use a more "comprehensible" number. i totally agree with you.
2018-04-15 12:35
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32 
Whilst logically and philosophically correct, it's a little unreasonable given the only analogy you perspired is that of "God" alone... The term can be used to describe many things, not just to quell or deny the existence of others.
2018-04-15 11:33
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Well, I thought that God would consist everything I'd point out
2018-04-15 11:38
 | 
It's a little biased, though... The term colloquially can be attributed to many things, I feel like you purposely did so on the basis of "the existence of God" for specific reasons... Stories that date back to ancient times mention the existence of gods everywhere. Egyptian, Greek, Norse, it's only that of biblical "god" that pushes everyone's buttons. It's entirely your choice to believe in religion, but to deny the existence of all gods is "agnosticism". :D
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Isn't agnosticism being skeptical about God's existence? And I don't know but I think I'm not biased against anyone. I just didn't want to count everything I had wanted to point. Just said God for all haha.
2018-04-15 11:44
 | 
Fair enough. :) Have a good day, friend.
2018-04-15 11:49
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Sorry for the late reply, you too.
2018-04-16 12:26
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
2018-04-16 02:54
another point is that if there is no actual proof of gidi gidi's effect in the world, it's completely irrelevant if he exists or not, i simply dont care about him as he has no role in my life whatsoever
2018-04-15 11:34
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Yeah, that's exactly what I think and point out. God has no effect on us, yet many people think it will when we die?
2018-04-15 11:36
i guess some people just make up their own explanation (god) for the things theyre not able to understand, because "i don't know" is not a valid position for them. slightly childish but quite understandable
2018-04-15 11:39
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Guess you're right about it. Instead of researching what it might be, they're just believing, having faith in it. It's just not really okay for me tho.
2018-04-15 11:40
i think it is hard not to make up your own fake explanations for certain situations when things in life are fucked up. it's obviously not the smart thing to do tho, yeah
2018-04-15 11:42
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Ohh, it's hard tho.
2018-04-15 11:48
there is a minimal chance that there actually exists a god who calls himself gidi gidi. and even if you thought you were making everything up, perhaps it's because he wanted you to as he was working on you subliminally. you can never be absolutely certain, you can only be certain to a degree, which may be 99,9999999%. that's the point of agnosticism.
2018-04-15 11:44
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Nope you got it wrong mate. I made it up so as to have some fun. And I gave that metaphor to explain the complexity of it.
2018-04-15 11:47
idk i thought you were questioning the validity of an agnostic position
2018-04-15 11:54
Nope he is right. From now on i am switching to Gidi Gidi religion.
2018-04-15 12:25
clearly you should build your whole world view around that 0.000001% chance and violently defend it
2018-04-15 11:49
those people usually claim absolute 100% certainty
2018-04-15 11:52
You just said you made it up, so as agnostic I can say your Gidi Gidi doesn't exist. Case closed
2018-04-15 11:58
agnosticism isn't about any religion specifically. it's about the complete lack of evidence of whether there is or isn't a creator of this universe. Agnosticism doesn't say that religions are correct, only that we don't know
2018-04-15 12:00
exactly, so when someone asks you if you believe in god and you say "hurr durr agnosticism", you haven't answered the question
2018-04-15 12:10
because it's a loaded question. it assumes somebody either has to believe they exist or has to believe they don't. not knowing is a perfectly suitable position. It's the only rational position, in fact, because there's no evidence either way.
2018-04-15 12:27
knowledge and belief are different things. so no, you haven't answered the question
2018-04-15 12:50
except you have answered the question. what sort of nonsense logic is that? even with a lack of knowledge youre forced to believe in one or the other ?
2018-04-15 13:49
are you trolling or do you really not understand that knowledge and belief are different? nobody is forcing you to do anything, stop screaming rape. the question "do you believe in god" has 3 answers: yes, no or a non-answer. you chose a non-answer, akin to answering "bananas" or anything else random and non-related
2018-04-15 17:05
nobody is saying they're not different, idiot. There's no way my comment could ever be interpreted like that. >has 3 answers: yes, no or a non-answer. There's your force you fucking retard. You can't ask a loaded question and then cry when they give you a perfectly reasonable answer. "non-answer" is just as much of an answer as yes or no because the reality is answering "i have no evidence one way or the other therefore i can't say whether a god exists" is the only logical position. If you don't want a "non-answer" then don't ask shitty questions.
2018-04-16 02:31
the question isn't does god exist or not, it is do you believe god exists. again, you don't know the difference between belief and knowledge I can understand that this is a very difficult subject for you when you can't even differentiate between belief and knowledge, but it's not as hard as you make it out to be :)
2018-04-16 16:09
god you're fucking dense. i've already explained to you the difference. you're still failing to grasp that somebody doesn't have to believe in one of your two options. it's entirely possible to not "believe" either because you don't have knowledge. maybe if i gave you a simple example you'd be able to get it through your skull. Say you ask your friends if they believe it'll rain tomorrow. One guy can answer, yeah i believe it'll rain because that's what the forecast says. the other guy can answer, no, i don't believe it'll rain because it's been sunny all week. and the third guy can answer, who the fuck knows if it'll rain tomorrow? we don't have evidence either way so i'm not in a position to believe either thing will happen for sure.
2018-04-16 22:34
 | 
Finland petemeister 
That's true. Even if you are an agnostic you either believe in god or you don't. There is also sort of a middle ground, but that's not what agnosticism means.
2018-04-15 12:48
 | 
Turkey casmere 
That was what I said, look at what I wrote.
2018-04-15 14:10
 | 
United States Benjii92 
what? thats the most retarded argument against Agnosticism that i've ever read. the truth of agnostic people is we don't "believe" in anything. there could be a god, there could be many gods, there could be none, point is we don't fucking care.
2018-04-16 02:41
 | 
Turkey casmere 
It's not that agnostics don't care. They don't know if there is a god or not. That's why they are skeptical about it. And can you disprove my argument if it's retarded?
2018-04-16 12:24
 | 
Turkey TurkishCarpet 
"If you say you are not sure if it exists or not, isn't it dumb?" How much do we know about our lifes/planet/space? Nothing. So talking about if there's a god or not is silly itself cuz we, as a people know shit.
2018-04-16 16:16
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Yeah +1
2018-04-16 19:25
i get your point. its really hard to say what percentage of the bible actually happened because their is so little historical evidence. if it all happened in our time there would be videos of for example jesus "miracles" which probably didnt actually happen. if you can prove that everything written in the bible didnt actually happen, i'd say its proof that the god of the bible doesnt exist.
2018-04-16 16:18
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Well, I don't think I have to disprove that, they have to prove it so that we can understand that there is a god.
2018-04-16 19:27
Ye anything except Islam is dumb right? Typical muslim thread. 0/8
2018-04-16 21:20
 | 
Czech Republic Rewask 
I can sit here and I can make up gods left and right and then say we cant observe them. They could exist, they might not. Thats problem with religion. Every religion is like 50% true. And we cant prove neither of those choices and cause of that I think every religion is pointless
2018-04-16 21:53
 | 
Turkey casmere 
That's what I'm talking about, you can make up Gods and if you write a book about it smartly, there will be people believing that
2018-04-16 22:19
 | 
Czech Republic Rewask 
Im also supporting your claim, no dissagreeing /closed
2018-04-16 22:20
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Ty, couldn't catch that.
2018-04-16 22:34
Funny you used the 50% number- If you read anything about the history of chronicling human knowledge- 50% of what is considered scientific fact today will be disproven or proven to be false in 100yrs.
2018-04-17 06:59
 | 
Czech Republic Rewask 
If we are talking about religion tho, it MUST be 50% or less thrutful. In science many things are proven so well its absolutely 100% true. I see your point tho, but this point was reasonble 100 years ago, not today. Btw. There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now. All that remains is more and more precise measurement-Lord Kelvin, 1900, 5 years before Einstein completely changed our look on science. That cant happen today tho.
2018-04-17 07:41
Prob far less than that. It's a good point that the rate of change will probably be less. Regardless of how much of the bible is true or not true- The problems that I have with this are absent organized religion-the same folks that employ it for evil or greedy purposes would just employ something else. and it makes perfect sense to me that people would use organized religion to deal with the uncertainty revolving around death.
2018-04-17 07:59
Agnostism applys to the general concept of god
2018-04-16 22:06
 | 
United Kingdom Isquashua 
No one knows if god is real for sure, does that make everyone an agnostic?
2018-04-16 22:40
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Not everyone accepts this. They believe it exists.
2018-04-16 22:42
 | 
United States gtmaniacmda 
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, maybe take another semester at Pasha's London School.
2018-04-17 06:49
 | 
Turkey casmere 
You may try to read a couple of books.
2018-04-17 07:02
 | 
United States gtmaniacmda 
"If you say you are not sure if it exists or not, isn't it dumb?" Okay, right off the bat, I am not sure what 'it' is referring to. I would assume it would be this 'gidi gidi' thing you created, but when reading the entire second paragraph, it seems like it would rather refer to 'God.' If that is the case, what was the point of that whole first paragraph about 'gidi gidi?' Next, I'm pretty sure the second 'it' doesn't refer to God (which I believe the previous one and next two are referring to), which is really confusing. If 'it' DOES refer to God, then the English doesn't really make sense (why would me being ambivalent on the existence of God make God dumb?). Assuming it doesn't refer to God, what IS dumb? Agnosticism? Or the debate over God's existence in any form? It is not clear what is being referred to by the 'it.' "You can be sure it's not, because i made it up?" Firstly, this sentence in context doesn't make any sense. It doesn't not flow from the last sentence to this one (mostly due to the shitty sentence structure). Secondly, I don't know what the first 'it' is supposed to not be... being, Are we continuing from the last sentence, is this part supposed to mean, 'you can be sure it's not [dumb]?' Well, as I said before, I'm not sure this 'it' and the last actually refer to the same thing. If they do, it would make the first sentence not make sense, and if they don't refer to the same thing, then this makes even less sense. "And because it happened in ancient times, does it mean that God is acceptable?" Another 'it' with no clear context surrounding it, and this time it is surely incorrect to use 'it' because 'God' can not be substituted into the sentence! Assuming this 'it' refers to 'the creation of God,' the sentence is understandable, even if it still isn't structurally correct (which, to be clear, it isn't). There, I typed a 1000-word essay correcting your shitty fucking English. It's honestly so bad that I can't even figure out what you MEANT to portray with your words. Stick to kebab language.
2018-04-17 07:58
 | 
Turkey casmere 
Lol, got mad huh. I kept it short with pronouns because I thought you guys would get everything I wanted to say. And so did everyone except for you. Lemme put it this way with my shitty English (without pronouns so that you can understand). For instance, I'm making something up, let's call the thing I made up a "Gidi gidi". I'm creating a book about "gidi gidi" smartly. I'm calling myself a prophet of Gidi gidi's religion. And that Gidi gidi can't talk or interact with us, people because we're in an exam. Here's my question: If you say you are not sure if Gidi gidi exists or not, isn't this uncertainty dumb? You can be sure Gidi gidi is not real, because i made Gidi gidi up? And because this whole thing I've just been telling happened in ancient times, does this mean that God is acceptable? As you can see, the thing you got mad is nothing, you just wanted to mess with my English and it's not even my mother tongue. Hope you can get what I meant now.
2018-04-17 08:18
 | 
Russia acnk 
What is the difference between "Gidi Gidi" and "God"? What is the difference between you and those prophets? There isn't much difference and we can't prove neither "God" or "Gidi Gidi" existence nor absence. Why it is dumb? What is really dumb - believing in dogmas without any reasons. Of course, you can believe or don't believe in everything but you shouldn't force other people to do this.
2018-04-17 08:45
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.