theyre good for tourism and the economy
Soo like a monarchys good because they bestow power unto the government but still make important decisions also the royal family's wealth links with the bank of England and they also gets tax payers money but also very rich with land, estates etc themselves.
should be dismissed, all money taken and given to people
actually all inherited family wealth should be taken and given to poor
fuck in earn it by yourself fag
Monarchs are good and are important for our heritage
Our monarchy does more good than harm
It's not an acting Monarchy, they have little power and bring in a lot of money from tourism and shit.
- As king or queen, a country head can federate all his citizens under him since he is not elected. An elected president can't do that (even if he supposed to), since he's been set in place trough a partisan campaign.
- He is part of historical pride of UK, and revolution never entirely get rid of history
- He is more know than an useless president in a parliamentarian (like UK is) regime. And participate to the country fame and so to his soft power. For instance do you know the president of Germany? Hint : it is not Merkel.
- It is not sure a president cost less than a king. So the savings generated could be negative. As part of history of UK, their royal family generate a lot of incomes with tourism a president can't.
- The royalty can represent badly his country, for exemple Prince Philip (the queen's husband) and his racist speech. And there is nothing they can do against, since you can't kick him out of there with the next election.
The same can happen with other kind of scandal, like the congo case for Belgium (the king seized a large part of Congo for his personal use (larger than the entire Belgium) for free. Then he sold it back to Belgium for a value equivalent to actual 150 millions euros (not sure about the amount) who went in his personal pocket directly).
- With royalty above other people just by being born, you admit humans are not equals among each other, and such, you justify any supremacist ideology.
-The royalty comes with a lot of unfair/antidemocratic rules in some country (and UK if part of) like their Lord chambers and various Lord advantages.
As french, when I was a kid, I was strongly against any kind of royalty, but know I have to admit it is not simple as that.
you will simply not understand, too much for you
At least I live in a 1st world country :)
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.