Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Dear CS:GO Dev Team!
 | 
China Captain_TYLOO 
Dear Counter Strike: Global Offensive team, I would like to send you this heartfelt letter as I believe CS:GO has been in turbulent waters for some time now. My name is Melvin [MILL], an avid swedish gamer who started playing the game on the 21 of November, 2014. Up to this point I had only played a couple of the staple valve games such as Half-Life, Team Fortress 2 and Portal, which is why the transition into a first person-shooter game such as CS:GO was rough and tough. I clearly remember my first game, I was too scared to use my microphone back then due to concerns of being yelled at. I was playing Dust 2 and I only got one kill, before being kicked by the team for not knowing what key to press when defusing the bomb. Looking back, being kicked seemed like the logical thing to do, but back then I was deeply hurt and confused. Nonetheless, I found a friend who was willing to play CS:GO with me and together we fought against the hard ranking system. We managed to climb all the way up to gold nova 2, before he quit and moved on to play Dota 2. This was before the entire rank shuffle had happened, so climbing the rank-ladder was difficult - but I never gave up. The sensation of getting a great team, consisting of great and fun players, and the fighting hard with them to win the game was unparalled to any other feeling in the world. Winning felt great, even bitter losses were accepted - atleast when the team fought the best they could. I climbed to DMG and met some fun player from Great Britain and Portugal, and started playing with them consistantly and even joined their teamspeak. This was back when I still didn't use my mic due to social anxiety, however, they gave me the courage to start talking - and I've talked in game ever since. We poured hours opon hours in to this game and it would always reward us with more fun in return. 2200 hours later and the journey has lead us here. The team I once loved playing with is a thing of the past - everyone has moved on with their lives and some to other games. The enjoyable hours I once spent on CS:GO have turned in to excruciating gaming sessions where every minute is spent on screaming at teammates and foes alike. Not having mics, acting against the team's interest, refusing cooperation, cheating, racism, abusive voice chat: what has CS:GO turned in to? Is it simply the painful process of sticking around a game that you've slowly lost your dedication to? I can't answer that question and it deeply saddens me. CS:GO was once the epiphany of the gaming world. Valve Corporation and its CS:GO development team would constantly release updates and tweaks to the game in hope to satisfy the growing player base. With every update and change to the game, the community would rally with excitement and keep playing the game. New weapons were added, mechanics were updated and improved, maps added, skins added and changed, the engine would be worked on and Operations would be released every so often. Now it's as the onced borderline worshipped development team has abandoned their own game. The situation is getting worse and worse. The gambling addiction of cs go has spiraled out of control, CS:GO's game mechanics left as rusting gears in the very machine Valve has become. Cheaters and toxic members of communities have always existed, but a balance has always been upheld between them and the active and engaged players of CS:GO. They've now slowly started to leave the game - as have many professional gamers - slowly increasing the toxic community and leaving the small gamer vulnerable. These gamers have no place to take refuge, no team to rest their heads on, no company to turn to. I want to use the remaning willpower as an avid fan of CS:GO to strongly urge Valve and the CS:GO development team to not turn their backs to CS:GO, but to return to your roots and bring back life to the game. To keep an idle ear to the community, to have our backs as many of us have had yours. We want to you to feel the same joy and happiness as we once did playing your game, everytime you work on CS:GO. I can only offer you my deepest apologies, but after all this time, I don't have the will to continue. I will leave the game and the community and take some time off to reflect as to why something like this could've happened in the first place. The door is ajar, but whether I return or not, is completely up to Valve. For the sake of all gamers, the frightened ones scared to use their mics, the exicted and engaged players yearning for every win and rankup, the tilted and sad players after a loss; please don't give up. As Nolan Busnell once said - "Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow." This game once meant life for me, now it's like a painful cyst corroding away at my happiness as a gamer. I've previously done everything to cling on to it, but my willpower has diminished to the point where I almost wish that my friend never recommended the game to me in the first place. Yours truly, Melvin [MILL]
2018-04-30 15:37
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Netherlands Deji 
tdlr
2018-04-30 15:38
China o_O 
autistic redditor swede wrote this shit and now its a copypasta
2018-04-30 15:39
 | 
Netherlands Deji 
Let them do, they will get banned
2018-04-30 15:40
autist | 
Latvia ploxyS 
Why do I see you so often?
2018-04-30 15:39
 | 
Netherlands Deji 
idk
 | 
Greece Poor_Noob 
cause nolifer
because he comments 45 comments a day, 10k comments in 7 months
2018-04-30 15:44
 | 
China Captain_TYLOO 
+1
2018-04-30 16:22
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Swedish autism at its bestest
2018-04-30 15:41
too long text for me stopped after first sentance
2018-04-30 15:44
STYKO | 
Europe jjohny98 
Very nice :-)
2018-04-30 15:47
 | 
Greece knk74 
Dear Counter Strike: Global Offensive team, I would like to send you this heartfelt letter as I believe CS:GO has been in turbulent waters for some time now. My name is Melvin [MILL], an avid swedish gamer who started playing the game on the 21 of November, 2014. Up to this point I had only played a couple of the staple valve games such as Half-Life, Team Fortress 2 and Portal, which is why the transition into a first person-shooter game such as CS:GO was rough and tough. I clearly remember my first game, I was too scared to use my microphone back then due to concerns of being yelled at. I was playing Dust 2 and I only got one kill, before being kicked by the team for not knowing what key to press when defusing the bomb. Looking back, being kicked seemed like the logical thing to do, but back then I was deeply hurt and confused. Nonetheless, I found a friend who was willing to play CS:GO with me and together we fought against the hard ranking system. We managed to climb all the way up to gold nova 2, before he quit and moved on to play Dota 2. This was before the entire rank shuffle had happened, so climbing the rank-ladder was difficult - but I never gave up. The sensation of getting a great team, consisting of great and fun players, and the fighting hard with them to win the game was unparalled to any other feeling in the world. Winning felt great, even bitter losses were accepted - atleast when the team fought the best they could. I climbed to DMG and met some fun player from Great Britain and Portugal, and started playing with them consistantly and even joined their teamspeak. This was back when I still didn't use my mic due to social anxiety, however, they gave me the courage to start talking - and I've talked in game ever since. We poured hours opon hours in to this game and it would always reward us with more fun in return. 2200 hours later and the journey has lead us here. The team I once loved playing with is a thing of the past - everyone has moved on with their lives and some to other games. The enjoyable hours I once spent on CS:GO have turned in to excruciating gaming sessions where every minute is spent on screaming at teammates and foes alike. Not having mics, acting against the team's interest, refusing cooperation, cheating, racism, abusive voice chat: what has CS:GO turned in to? Is it simply the painful process of sticking around a game that you've slowly lost your dedication to? I can't answer that question and it deeply saddens me. CS:GO was once the epiphany of the gaming world. Valve Corporation and its CS:GO development team would constantly release updates and tweaks to the game in hope to satisfy the growing player base. With every update and change to the game, the community would rally with excitement and keep playing the game. New weapons were added, mechanics were updated and improved, maps added, skins added and changed, the engine would be worked on and Operations would be released every so often. Now it's as the onced borderline worshipped development team has abandoned their own game. The situation is getting worse and worse. The gambling addiction of cs go has spiraled out of control, CS:GO's game mechanics left as rusting gears in the very machine Valve has become. Cheaters and toxic members of communities have always existed, but a balance has always been upheld between them and the active and engaged players of CS:GO. They've now slowly started to leave the game - as have many professional gamers - slowly increasing the toxic community and leaving the small gamer vulnerable. These gamers have no place to take refuge, no team to rest their heads on, no company to turn to. I want to use the remaning willpower as an avid fan of CS:GO to strongly urge Valve and the CS:GO development team to not turn their backs to CS:GO, but to return to your roots and bring back life to the game. To keep an idle ear to the community, to have our backs as many of us have had yours. We want to you to feel the same joy and happiness as we once did playing your game, everytime you work on CS:GO. I can only offer you my deepest apologies, but after all this time, I don't have the will to continue. I will leave the game and the community and take some time off to reflect as to why something like this could've happened in the first place. The door is ajar, but whether I return or not, is completely up to Valve. For the sake of all gamers, the frightened ones scared to use their mics, the exicted and engaged players yearning for every win and rankup, the tilted and sad players after a loss; please don't give up. As Nolan Busnell once said - "Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow." This game once meant life for me, now it's like a painful cyst corroding away at my happiness as a gamer. I've previously done everything to cling on to it, but my willpower has diminished to the point where I almost wish that my friend never recommended the game to me in the first place. Yours truly, Melvin [MILL]
2018-04-30 15:48
 | 
France Alpha7a2 
who read this entire thread ?
2018-04-30 16:25
18:45AVEZ vs Wisla Krakow
AVEZ
Wisla Krakow
14:00North vs BIG
North
BIG
11:00forZe vs Evil Geniuses
forZe
Evil Geniuses
Bet
Return
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.