Thread has been deleted
Last comment
The perfect format
cadiaN | 
Denmark megz 
Tournament formats and cs:go is a long-standing joke in the esports community. These last couple of years have been dominated by the Swiss system and the lacklustre format used at ECS where two bo1 wins will take you to the semis. Recently we saw swiss bo3 at star ladder, which is a lot better than swiss bo1 in regards to finding the best team, but still incredibly random in regards to the draws when you have a wide span of teams and levels. IT does, however, give each attendant the opportunity to play at least 3 bo3's on lan, which is amazing for upcoming teams. As a vivid dota 2 follower i find it really frustrating watching TO's being unwilling to challenge the meta in regards to finding the perfect format. The China Dota2 Supermajor is currently being played in Shanghai. The tournament features 16 teams, in 4 groups. It boasts a massive prize pool of 1.5 mil and is the last tournament before TI. The format at China Dota2 Supermajor is as stated based on 4 groups of 4 teams. Top 2 teams go to the upper bracket and bottom two teams go to lower bracket. All matches are bo3, except for the bo5 grand final. The groups play out with two matches based on draws, followed by winners, losers and decider matches. Each team is guaranteed at least 4 games. The winning team is set to play atleast 6 games if it goes throguh upper bracket, and potentially up to ten games if they go through the lower bracket. This is of cause a huge feat to host this event. Having 20 bo3's in the group stage, and potentially 60 maps with an average runtime of around 40 min, with two streams sharing the load during the groupstage. Personally, I think this is an awesome format. I understand that the resources thrown into dota 2 event is higher due to the larger prize pools and higher interest from Asian sponsors. But i think its possible to host a similar format in cs:go. What do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
2018-06-08 16:51
dupreeh | 
Lithuania |YikeS| 
tl;dr?
2018-06-08 16:54
cadiaN | 
Denmark megz 
Im not sure what you mean :)
2018-06-08 17:30
Watching bo3 with nonamer teams like avangar, vg and so on is painful.
2018-06-08 16:56
cadiaN | 
Denmark megz 
True. amount of talented teams in dota 2 is higher than in CS:GO. But this might change if more tournaments gave them the opportunity to play against the best and get that crucial lan experience.
2018-06-08 17:30
cadiaN | 
Denmark megz 
Astralis in semis after two bo1 now. Such a unsatisfying feeling.
2018-06-08 18:38
cadiaN | 
Denmark megz 
I feel like this deserves a bump after another bo1 --> semi tournament.
2018-06-09 07:05
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.