Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Depression Thread
Switzerland Gut 
ONLY SUICIDE SONGS ALLOWED TO MAKE WE WONDER WHY WE STILL ALIVE! youtube.com/watch?v=rrtKjCkBLSA (!) DANGEROUS SONG youtube.com/watch?v=X_0hjyO6fFk youtube.com/watch?v=NBgNpcRZD6o youtube.com/watch?v=6_24JKG3yws (death guarantee by clicking here)
2018-07-12 23:53
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Depression is a meme you cuck
2018-07-12 23:54
Switzerland Gut 
depression is a real ill
2018-07-12 23:54
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Nope, you're just uninformed on the matter. You're probably thinking about chronic depression... which in itself a self-inflicted illness. It's a fucking meme, get informed and stop pulling that entitlement card "oh look at me, i'm the victim here, poor me" shut the fuck up cuck
2018-07-12 23:56
Switzerland Gut 
i'm not depressed, but i like that kind of song, why u re so mad?
2018-07-13 00:01
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
I'm not mad, I'm just sick of people going around saying "im depressed, poor me" I also like sad songs, like SUICIDEBOYS
2018-07-13 00:02
Switzerland Gut 
and when do I victimized?
2018-07-13 00:03
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Maybe I jumped the gun to early, but I saw your title and got vietnam flashbacks
2018-07-13 00:05
Why do you care so much about that? They don't affect you in any way
2018-07-13 10:51
"self-inflicted illness" XD Please explain to me how it looks if someone is self-inflicting depression onto him :D Also explain to me how babies do it inside their mothers womb, cause some forms of depression can be triggered by genes.
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Another uninformed person on this subject... of course depression can be triggered by genes, it's literally built into us for survival, it's a mechanism. You're probably thinking "wtf is this guy talking about" I'm tired of explaining so just watch this video, it's brief but kinda explains my point, not everything though: youtube.com/watch?v=2X4qySqsYP8
2018-07-13 00:04
Rofl why are you posting that? first 15 seconds already are against what you said, If you call something self-inflicted, there is a choice to be amde. And the first 15 seconds of your video already say, that its not about that. Besides that: Im not watching that, cause I have been educating myself about the whole diversity of depressions for more than 5 years now and I have worked for 3 years with depressive people of all kinds. A depression is by no means self-inflicted, neither is a depression about people going around ""im depressed, poor me", like you stated above. You called OP exactly that, acting like he wants you to pity him, which he never did at all. He shared a tiny bit of his feelings and some links and asked others to post similar stuff aswell, he never pitied himself or asked anybody to do so. People like you are the exact reason, why depression is such a big problem. Because people cant openly talk about it, without getting stigmatised by an idiotic society. Alot of depressive people would be doing alot better, if people didnt act like ignorant fucks. Todays psychologie is VERY clear about depression, so I really do wonder how you can say, people are not educated about it, when its actually you, that is using arguements, that have been used more than 50 years ago to discriminize agianst people in such a state. You are the one that needs education. Try reading about catatonic states, infused by a depression and tell me that this is "self-inflicted" and that peol,e choose to stay in a catatonic state for years. I sincerely hope that none of your friends or family ever end up with a deep depression or even in a catatonic state, cause I can tell you, that it will tear you apart, if a loved one turns into a living vegetable. You sir, are a fucking moron.
2018-07-13 00:14
+1 u won
2018-07-13 00:26
I appreaciate your response, thanks your reading through it!
2018-07-13 00:26
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
nt sir depression I was talking about depression as in general terms and you're here writing a fucking essay about fuck all about this catatonic state. Which literally GOT NOTHING to do with normal depression. How are you this biased and dense? The fact that you wouldn't even want to watch the video, which is supported by research, shows you're clearly biased and driven by emotion. You're a true cuck
2018-07-13 00:27
So you where talking about depression in general, but linked a video full of scientific jargon and that is referring to tons of research? How does that match at all? And yes, I wrote an "essay" about a topic, that is far more complex than you make it look. And where am I biased? What should I even be biased towards? I didnt want to watch the video, because Im already educated about this topic. But so your feeling dont gethurt over me not watching your link: I already watched most of it and the video is mostly really good and gives a great inside. I really wonder how you formed your words from that video, cause basically, it says the opposite of what you where stating. Also: Just ebcause something is absed on research, doesnt make it good on its own and you ALWAYS have to check the sources and studies. Little example from your video: Jump to 6:22 and read the actual study. Did you realize how it says "subset" in the 2nd sentence? That means that just a minority of patients, share those. In other words: the study is good an helpful, but what the guy took from it and put in his video, is NOT what the study actually says. And here come the differences between me and you. You watch a youtubevideo and believe everything you heart, while I check the sources and used studies to control if the video represents what the studies say. And in the case I pointed out, he didnt do a very good job. Well anyways, the video itself is really good like I said and the content of it has nothing to do with what you said. If you are educated about depression, how the fuck can you come up with something like "which in itself a self-inflicted illness. It's a fucking meme"? If you tell that to a depressive patient you would loose your job in seconds, cause its just wrong facts AND wrong behaviour. You dont know shit about the topic.
2018-07-13 00:36
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
>because Im already educated about this topic In what sense? If you're coming out of an University with a psychological degree about depression you're literally just reiterating an allegedly wrong paradigm imo Also, where did I say this video explains my whole "education" about depression? Literally no where >Also: Just ebcause something is absed on research, doesnt make it good on its own and you ALWAYS have to check the sources and studies. This I can respect, good job man >If you tell that to a depressive patient you would loose your job in seconds, cause its just wrong facts AND wrong behaviour. This is why medicine profession should treat depression and not psychologists. Just bring the god damn fact that the patient needs to do something and it has to come from their own will and NOT cater to their fucking emotions. See #55 not sure you got that, what's your take on that?
2018-07-13 00:44
I have never studied psychology, I tend to educate myself via. different sources, but the media usually is the internet. For example the MIT started recording all lectures, so everyone can see them online and educate themselfs. Many other universities do similar things aswell. I have also read books regarding several topics around psychology and depression and I myself am suffering from a chronic depression myself. And yes, like you said, a chronic depression usually evolves with time. Its a process happening and when I realized that and educated myself about all this, it was already too late and now Im struggling to get back on track for years with more or less success. Yes, you are right, the most important part is to stay active and actively working against that part of yours, but as I stated before: Its the depression that usually closes these doors aswell. "This is why medicine profession should treat depression and not psychologists." I think this is a really really bad thing to do. This would most likely make depressive people feel even more sick and therefore fall into the depression even deeper. Regular visits to a psychologists just feel and work different. A psychatrist can be helpful aswell, if medication is needed or an option. I personally think that meds can help to a certain degree to give people the vitality to keep fighting, but the problem is, that often those meds make your brain foggy and you can start to just accept the state you are in. And I think I replied to that comment :) tw, this is getting really personal. I dont mind that, but I hope you realize, that "exposing" yourself like that on HLTV can backfire hard, so I might roll back a little bick with my personal background anf information about myself.
2018-07-13 00:53
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
On the personal stuff, I fully understand I wanted to share a personal story, but it's getting late and it might be a little crazy and even offensive. Worth noting though, it was only me in this story so I didn't go around offending people if that's what you'd think. Also, for a mild depression and even strong depression (not chronic though) I would never recommend medicine, because I agree with what you're saying on that part. All I'm trying to say without the bait and trolling is that, depression is easily curable if you just put your mind to do it and are willing to act on it. Not for a day, not for a year, but your whole life. Get rid of your ego, your attachements and resentment. Get rid of your judgements and just be. I think you would like this quote, it's from Carl Jung. "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell" I've been there, I've been depressed, but I just realized something one day (not randomely, I was of course actively pursuing my "freedom"). Looking back I just can't take this "depression" serious anymore, for me, it's not even real. Thoughts and emotions can shape one's reality... and it goes both ways. No need to beat a dead horse is it? Better to act than to just "feel" sorry for one self, imo
2018-07-13 01:16
Fuck deleted my comment before posting... will rewrite it :D
2018-07-13 01:23
Now, this is something I can work with alot better and I think I can agree with basically everything you said besides "depression is easily curable". I think its far fetched to call it easy. Though I imagine it looks and feels really easy once you have overcome that. regarding the ego: Even before my depression started to get more severe, I was already learning alot about the ego and what it actually mans/is and realized what the world "really" is like. It kinda of like I have been wearing a veil my whole life long and suddenly I could see it all clearly in front of me. But sadly, I think this came with a really bad timing, cause it also makes you feel kinda small and that may have fuelled my depression at that point. A few years earlier, that would have been the best thing ever, but in this case, it just wasnt the right moment I guess. And I imagine that looking back at all of that, it really does feel easy and "not real". Because if you break it down, your depression IS real, but the reasons for your feelings are definately compeltely out of proportion and therefore "not real". Im glad you overcame that stuff and I appreciate that in the end, you wanted to help and open peoples mind. But the way you did it, will just cause anger for people, Cuase they dont understand until you properly explain what you mean. The way you said it, sounded really dumb and uninformed. Interesting, that now we talked more about it, we seem to actually have a similar mindset about it. PS: I will read and answer you other comment aswell, but then I will call it for this thread, thats enough input for the moment hehe
2018-07-13 01:31
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
My initial comment was offensive, this is true but most of time I never expect people to take it into discussion so I like to keep it there. You could say it's a result of the state of this site heh In the end, I'm glad we kinda see eye to eye and I agree we don't need to discuss this further. I'll also hope that you'll find the energy to fight your demons, good luck with that. And like always, the answer lies within
2018-07-13 01:41
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Besides, you took my words of out context and I didn't properly explain it. Depression is NOT self-inflicted illness by no means, but rather if you have it but don't do anything about it for a prolonged period of time you'll possible end up with chronic depression, thus explaining "self-inflicted" because of one's passiveness to not ACT.
2018-07-13 00:31
Passiveness is part of a depression and therefore can prevent you from stopping all that happen. There are a few ways to explain that in metaphors. Saying stuff like "Get your shit together and fight your way out of it" is basically like this: You see a person drowning and you throw a lifebelt at that person and 10 seconds later the next waves throws that person and lifebelt around and it didnt do shit. Another way of saying it: To overcome your depression, you just must walk to this door and all is good. And then the depression closes that door before you reach it. Get fucked bud, thats how a depression can work. Im glad for everyone that reaches that door in time, but in reality, that often is not the case. A very goo talk about depression is this btw: ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_depression_..
2018-07-13 00:40
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Passiveness =/= vegetable >To overcome your depression, you just must walk to this door and all is good. And then the depression closes that door before you reach it. Exactly my point, why give up opening the door just because it closes on you? Open another door then? Break the door? Put in extra effort to make a new door? DO ANYTHING I don't think you get my point. People with "depression" is beating themselves before even starting, explain to me how this is not a meme? It's literally cuckness Your metaphors could been used to describe life as well. Life is not EASY and it will NEVER BE. Don't try to sugercoat it, life is hard and general depression is just a person with a weak willed attitude that realizes that he/she might not be up for the struggle. This is of course excluding "depression" that comes from a loss of a loved one
2018-07-13 00:55
You are confusing me man... Okay first off, the vegetable part was about catatonic states, hope that clears it up a bit more. "Open another door then? Break the door? Put in extra effort to make a new door? DO ANYTHING" Hell yeah, thats what most people educated about the topic try day for day, believe me. Those that dont know much about it, are the ones that just let it happen until its to late. Like I descrived earlier, that is exactly what happened with me. I always felt bad for depressive people and was sad for them. But only when I was in that situation myself, I learned, that pity is exactly what you dont want or need. If people pity me, it drags me down, cause it tells me, that its "okay" and that I cant do anything anyways. But knowing that trying to fight it, is no instant cure. I "wish" I could send that feeling right over to you, so you understand better how it is (obviously I do NOT seriously want anybody to feel this way). For most people it remains a struggle for lifetime. It also gets really complex if depression is paired with intelligence, empathy and an antisocial mindset. For me for example, the empathy is waht fuels alot of my depression. I myself have never suffered from a huge trauma, I had a lovely childhood, an easily lovable family and there is nothing I could define as trigger. But the empathy man... Lets get real for a bit... I know I said, I might roll back a bit, but lets go. This may sound weird to you and most other people, but usually, if I cry, I dont cry for me. I dont cry because I feel selfpity or because I think my life sucks. I cry because I get desperate about the world or to be more precise, about society, about wars, about how humans treat other humans and so on. Imagine it like this: Its a huge amount of emotions raining down on you, your head gets foggy and tilted, you cant form a clear thought, you are just a huge back full of emotions. This shit is terrifying and Im kinda happy that noone besides my girlfriend ever witnessed me during such a phase. I find it hard to describe it, because it really does just sound like Im a smal, snowflake that cries about everything. So yeah, there is that ;) *edit* to make it clear: I never had troubles with standung up for myself or taking a struggle. I have a pretty strong will, hence Im fighting against my depression every single day, even if that means that I have to sacrifice alot for it, but I just cant let it progress further. Still its a stalemate. It gets up, it gets down. Its a way to life with it, but its not a cure.
2018-07-13 01:09
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Sounds like your zodiac sign is pisces But like I said on #82. Get rid of those attachements. Why even keep them? It may sound cold and lack of empathy but does it really? You being in a state of depression doesn't help anybody either...
2018-07-13 01:23
I dont really care about zodiac signs, but if thats part of your interest: Im a virgin :D FeelsBadMan hehe And yes you are right, me being in that state helps nobody. But then on the other hand, If im free from all those thoughts, it would also feel like cheating myself. Me caring about alot of people and things is what makes me and has always been me. I wouldnt want to let all of that go. Even if that does mean, that I wont be able tu fully cure my depression. I gotta say one important thing for that though: This DOES NOT mean, that I will feel bad about things and whinee about it and asking for pity. I hope nobody here felt like I am asking for pity. I see it more as a sacrifice I make, tomake this world a better place. I love to talk and to discuss, i love to give people different perspectives and critique things and being mad and angry about some politics etc.. Id never want to drop that. My long time goal is "just" to be able to live my live more freely and without being imprisoned by this depression and still stay the mindful and empathic person that I am. So once again: Thanks for the discussion, I think we can agree that we both share similar opinions in the end, even if it looked different in the beginning :D Cheers and have a good time and gl with your future life aswell :)
2018-07-13 01:37
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Thanks for the discussion, appreciate your inputs and perspective. Again, good luck to you too man :D
2018-07-13 01:44
 | 
Austria grammar_nazi 
*popcorn rustling* dont mind me just having a good read.
2018-07-13 10:48
 | 
Asia mekkicsgo 
Rogueplayer you are just a naive person with no respect what so ever. Just because you are 100% healthy doesnt mean that people around you are that too. You should take that advantage and help people since you are lucky being healthy
2018-07-13 10:28
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32 
Do you even know what "memes" are? Or is this bait?
2018-07-13 00:22
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
What if "depression is a meme you cuck" is a meme itself?
2018-07-13 00:28
 | 
Just spouting random sentences willy-nilly doesn't define "meme". Read "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins, where the term was coined and created.
2018-07-13 00:29
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Unexpected, I've gained some respect for you again, jonty
2018-07-13 00:31
 | 
I have no idea what you're talking about here... :( So many questions, but I will simply thank you and respect your ideologies. Have a good day.
2018-07-13 00:32
Jonty, the perfect guy for this :D welcome :D
2018-07-13 00:41
 | 
Good evening, friend. :D
2018-07-13 00:44
just turn on some dsbm
2018-07-12 23:55
bruh u nuts
2018-07-12 23:55
yay | 
Spain CHOOSE_LIFE 
youtu.be/d2-YnEKW7iw ANTIDEPRESSION
youtube.com/watch?v=z13qnzUQwuI this is antidepression
youtu.be/dP9Wp6QVbsk this are drugs
Switzerland Gut 
LMAO best song my ears ever seen
2018-07-13 00:07
it is addictive
Switzerland Gut 
these green guys singing just sent my depression to the deepest hell layer
2018-07-13 00:11
2018-07-13 00:13
2018-07-13 01:20
Is this esport related site still? I feel like it's not. I'm considering stop visiting this site it's foking stupid.
don`t like - leave pls
2018-07-13 00:00
Lmao, english please?
study at polish school that`s why - bad english
2018-07-13 00:02
You don't know where im from:) If i would like to type that you have written right i would do it like this: I'm studying at Polish university of Spaceships and im sorry for my bad english.
wtf
2018-07-13 00:46
 | 
Austria grammar_nazi 
ure using the wrong symbol as an apostrophe. ` is used for accents: é à etc. ' this is the right one.
2018-07-13 10:46
Here you go friend: youtube.com/watch?v=Kb24RrHIbFk Call.
Bra grejer kompis, älskar denna för orden och klippet :)
+1 Noice song
2018-07-13 00:08
 | 
Latvia teH9I 
sad girls topic?
2018-07-13 00:12
 | 
I'm all for feeling down in the dumps, but you really don't have to if you do not want to.
2018-07-13 00:23
 | 
Belgium wiikz 
youtube.com/watch?v=W3GrSMYbkBE this will cure it thank me later
2018-07-13 00:24
XXXTentacion - Alone Part 3 (rip x <3) youtube.com/watch?v=Jc4bGjOJ7oo Lil Peep - The way I see things (rip lil peep <3) youtube.com/watch?v=1OW9K84EbU4 NF - How could you leave us youtube.com/watch?v=wOzQMCyPc8o nothing,nowhere. - tough luck youtube.com/watch?v=7An-txUkCvk
2018-07-13 00:34
 | 
Brazil EWRO 
where is my man nothing,nowhere. ? youtube.com/watch?v=82kx2AI1Gns
2018-07-13 00:35
I'm jumping off a cliff tonight... youtube.com/watch?v=b3e50Dk6oD0
2018-07-13 00:47
Hmm let me give you just 1 link. Its more for the band: youtube.com/watch?v=wfJVAoTE2PI This isnt in particular depressive, but I tend to listen to them alot while being depressive. It somehow seems to fit really well and it usually cheers me up as I really like the music and I think its a very hopeful band. Cheers
2018-07-13 00:55
 | 
United Kingdom Grenadr 
2018-07-13 00:56
 | 
United States ItsImpact 
2018-07-13 01:01
youtube.com/watch?v=YdG-9ZLZYzk this one's my favorite, love when the doublebass comes in: youtube.com/watch?v=6QomfEcORI0
2018-07-13 01:05
 | 
Poland metal_cs 
I know Ellende, very goood !
2018-07-13 10:23
Literly i will fucking kms Like for the memes dude
2018-07-13 01:03
 | 
United States ImFat 
I’ve learned when I’m depressed/stressed listening to sad/depressing songs only makes it worst (at least for me) I would much rather go out with friends or family. Or at least watch a funny TV Show or movie. (Also just for anyone who is going through tough times, please talk to someone suicide is never the answer, keep on going it will get better. Go to the gym, find a hobby, meet new people, change jobs/locations. Find a escape don’t kill yourself.)
2018-07-13 10:56
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.