Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Deschamps GENIUS
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
I wrote yesterday about Southgate being a fraud and shit coach, read it here: hltv.org/forums/threads/1827922/southgat.. Now we should take our time to praise DESCHAMPS. Second final in a row for him and a comfortable win, despite being in the hard side of bracket. Many have criticised him but he's clearly shown that he is a perfect coach for national cups. He has the balls to exclude Benzema from the squad. He doesn't care about populism and chooses to play Giroud upfront while putting star players from Barca, Real etc to the bench. Giroud is obviously not better than some of the players on the bench, but he fits perfectly to his system. He makes Pogba, Mbappe and everyone defend and press 90 min per game. Look at this picture: i.imgur.com/AzJAl37.jpg (vs Belgium) It is Pogba between the RB Pavard and CB Varane. Matuidi defending wider than Hernandez. Which other coach would tell Pogba to defend like a CB?? People want fancy coaches like Sampaoli, but it's time to appreciate coaches like Deschamps. He became the third person to win the WC as a player and manager. I'm pretty sure Zidane will become the fourth eventually, because he's also a perfect fit for cups! Notice how people say Deschamps have been lucky with France and Zidane with Real Madrid. But they are CONSISTENTLY winning.
2018-07-15 20:36
NiKo | 
Portugal kyzzj 
? france played like shit, got 2 goals with no shots into net besides penalty. 2nd half they play counter...
2018-07-15 20:37
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
This is what we hear about Real every year aswell. Always lucky. But always win.. What did Croatia have? A deflected goal and a silly mistake by Lloris. France were always in control of the match, even if Croatia had most of the possesion. They were never a treat to France. And France didn't have to attack as they got early lead
2018-07-15 20:40
NiKo | 
Portugal kyzzj 
France in control? 1st goal, no fault and croatia dominated all game till that moment. croatia keep on dominating till tied the game. 2nd goal, penalty from a corner. tbh not a penalty. He touched the ball because matuidi missed head, and the ball was going to crotia players.... like i said, France played at defense going to use M'bappe for counter exactly what happened in 2nd half. Deserved? meh, Belgium would be the most worthy Champion, but also in that game, france played at back, and scored from a corner. ggwp.
2018-07-15 20:46
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
Croatia dominated the possesion but didn't create real chances. It was perfect for France's gameplan who tried minimizing risks and eventually counter attack. Now they got bit lucky, but sooner or later it would still be France scoring IMO. ESPECIALLY cups in football are very very small margins and you need to minimize risks, that's why I think coaches like Deschamps are perfect for WC. Look at Croatia vs Portugal in 2016, Croatia were desperate to score a goal in ET and eventually you counter attack. Did Portugal played the best football 2016 ? No, but they still deserved to win. Just like France deserved this time too
2018-07-15 20:54
+1 my tuga friend
2018-07-15 20:58
Well if other teams were that much better they would have found a way to counter the french team playstyle. Guess what ? They didnt find how to do it. Another thing Croatia had almost the exact same freekicks as France and yet they didnt score. Football is about good defense and hability to score whenever you have a chance. Its not France fault if they score almost on every few chances they have while other team cant hit the net. Overall France was the most consistent team.
2018-07-15 20:59
NiKo | 
Portugal kyzzj 
sure, but own goal from no fault, and penalty from corner, penalty with much questions marks xd so "hability to score whenever you have a chance." .... meh, but sure France overall did a better job that croatia, croatia had all 2nd half to take the game, Too much heart no brain and no stone cold blood.
2018-07-15 21:07
 | 
France FabulousM 
NO WORLD CUP FOR POORTOUGAY HAHAHAHA CRY IS FREEE TA GRANDE SOEUR JLA BAIZE
2018-07-15 21:13
NiKo | 
Portugal kyzzj 
eheh
2018-07-15 21:35
yes
2018-07-15 20:46
he is not a good tactical manager, actually he is not good at all. he plays one way and is lucky to have the best squad in the whole tournament...
2018-07-15 20:49
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
IMO you don't want a Pep Guardiola in a national team. There's no time to implement complicated systems, as you most of the times have players from 5-6 different teams. There are expectations to this, like Germany in 2014 and Spain 2010 (and their EURO wins). Germany was majority Bayern players and Spain majority Barca players. That's why they could dominate so hard. Then we see France 2018, Portugal 2016, Italy 2006, Greece 2004. People would say it's "boring football" or lucky, but it's a trend in national tournaments. I think u will regret this one day. Every swede wanted Lars Lagerbäck sacked because he played boring 4-4-2 and never went further than RO16. We changed to Hamren who tried play fancy 4-3-3 but failed miserably. Went back to a classic 4-4-2 manager, Janne Andersson, and we're back advancing from groupstages, even reaching quarter finals. Simplicity is better in national teams most of the times
yup great coach got demolished vs croatian midfieliend even tho france midfield is worth more than billion $,only lucky goals and VAR decision won u the game,GG
2 illegal goals to france.
2018-07-15 21:02
I knew it would be this way tbh Croatia midfield had control every game, that's why the always came back but france already got outplayed by argentina and belgium if argentina had 1 single good defender, i should have been gg france and deschamps sacked
2018-07-15 21:04
im a huge man utd fan but its a disgrace to football for that fraud Pogba to even make a living of this game not to mention playing in the greatest club in the world,he is only good in guarding the ball with his back he should be a good rugby player
2018-07-15 21:05
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
How didn't u create any real chances if u DEMOLISHED their midfield? Yes, they gave you possesion and space. But you couldn't create anything out of it. You played it right into their hands. Yes, it was a lucky first (and second) goal. But if it wasn't for that, I think that they'd score from a counter first eventually anyways. You never looked close to score, only a deflected goal and huge mistake by Lloris. Not so good if you "demolished" their midfield. It was just a part of their gameplan, to let you dominate
xD shots on goal 7-1
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
that's a bad stat, show me some clips of ur chances instead if they are so good. xGoal is more relevant: stats looks like: 0.1 (France) - 0.9 (Croatia). But it was hugely inflated by Mandzukic goal, which probably counts as 0.7 or smth. i don't have any missed good chance by Croatia in my head, can you remind me ?
2018-07-15 21:08
basically every attack of croatia was a good chance lmao while france couldnt connect 2 passes for 60 mins
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
wtf not true, who was close to score before the own goal?
2018-07-15 21:12
they would have scored a goal for sure is a stupid argument how many goals did they score vs belgium?? I had a guy telling me after spain-portugal that ronaldo will be best player and portugal will win the tournament for sure conviction of morons is not an argument
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
i never said for sure, that's only my opinion. it was your gameplan and i think it was brilliant. Croatia were NEVER a treat during the game and it's pretty likely Mbappe would sooner or late run in behind
2018-07-15 21:11
yeah i get it but it would have been more satisfying to win without the controversies and trying to talk them away like they didn't matter isn't fair towards croatia that fought so hard
even tho Mbappe is rly sick player and most talented youngster in the world,in todays game he couldnt pass our joke left back who is by far the worst player ever he ate him up xD,so yeah totally undeserved win
Most important, he gave their chances to the young talents. The last manager didn't and picked the same old players during the last WC, and they failed the same way Germany failed this time. Look at Belgium and France's lineup, all young and they did well, this is why we are so proud of this lineup and staff. French CSGO scene should take notes ;)
2018-07-15 21:07
tbh there is no real world class in that team,only mbappe rest is avarage
2018-07-15 21:09
 | 
France kipoCSGO^_^ 
giroud ? areola ? real world class wtf
2018-07-15 21:37
 | 
Sweden mrarrogant 
Yeah I think he's been very fair and always picks based on perfomance. It's actually pretty unique for managers somehow. Dembele for example didn't play so well and he got benched. Even tho i love him it was the right decision
2018-07-15 21:14
get a lucky goal, park the bus, hoof it to mbappe, ez win. but seriously, most of it is down to their defense + kante/pogba. check how compact they played vs belgium when they were 1-0 up, literally worse than a mourinho team.
2018-07-15 21:22
 | 
France umadboi 
IM SO HAPPY THAT BENZEMA IS MAD AHEAHHEAHEAH FUCK THIS FUCKING IDIOT
2018-07-15 21:37
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.