I propose you to mark our answers. Like 1. this one about doctors and 2. About definition of human life. Just to be clearer.
1. Even if every real doctor can tells you what is treating mother's life, they disagree on the percentage of risk.
- Furthermore the definition of too dangerous is very different from one human to another, including doctors.
- For some, 51% is barely too much (because you know one life for another), for others 2% is already too much (because you know, a women can be pregnant, let's say every 6 month (it can be much more but whatever) so in 30 years of ovulation, it is like 60 chances to breed so 2% is still above the 100/60 rating) and probably some other with even slighter definition of illegal abortion.
- Finally doctors are no different than us, they debate about what is life (see 2.) what is not, what can be defined as abortion and what can be defined as murder. And, we should search about it, but I'm convinced a large majority of doctors are okay with abortion. Much more than the average population.
With these 3 points you can see that if you rely on doctors, you end up with very different results. And since society is made based on the lowest bidder, you will end with abortion for all.
That's why the law is made, especially on democracy : law is not just based on the most present stance in specialized domain but also on what is acceptable by the society, what you agree to live with.
So if you rely only on experts you end with a society nothing like ours and also in this particular case, in a society were abortion is legal at the very least (in fact I assume that in this expert ruled society we probably wouldn't be allowed to breed without a license).
So if its you stance, well I think it is bad to let people decide for you, even if they are experts, especially if you live in a somewhat acceptable democracy (not to troll, but North Korea is officially a democracy after all) like your flag suggest.
And it doesn't answer my questions. I appreciate your politeness but you answered nothing else than "I don't know, ask someone else".
2. You are indeed right, you made a good point here. Talking about cognitive skills only is kind of justifying the mass murder of retarded people.
I could say "yes we should kill them all. That's just natural order after all". I'm sure some people think that way but I'm not: "what if it is my sister we are talking about?".
I'm obviously against the extermination of retarded people. And yet it doesn't contradict my point in my previous reply :
- even retarded, heavily retarded, most of these disabled people are still more cognitivly capable than some living animals.
Well that's not enough I understand. Because if you are smarter than a ant, since we kill millions of ant just because we can, it doesn't justify to keep you alive alone.
So let's say that to me, and I understand that some people think differently, the lane is "every creature as smart as hunting mammals should be saved". That's my limit (note that I don't eat any hunting mammals). I could tell you why but not in this post. So according to this, we can kill bunch of cells even if they are humans.
- But that's not enough because some of born and functional humans can be retarded enough to be less smart than a cat or a dolphin. So why I disagree with killing them? Remember the genuine question I asked "what if it is my sister?" That imply personal bond.
Bond you make with born people. You don't link with unborn people. Unless you are the carrying mother bonding with the living thing in her belly. Because even the father is not bonding with this fœtus, he is bonding with the idea of having a living born child. An idea, not a real thing yet. (but I admit a father should have his word to say too but I'll keep it to another post if you want to go further).
But in the particular case of abortion, it is mother's will to end this life. And so I assume it is her call to break this bond if it exist.
So, you don't kill a human that is born (no mention to euthanasia for medical reason here) because it might be bond with another humans.
And so you are not allowed to kill a born human even if he is retarded.
As you see, I'm against killing heavily retarded people and yet I don't think this is contradictory with abortion.