Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Cheating in Speedrunning
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32 
Cheating exists in pretty much every aspect of life and always will do. It's people doing unintelligent things for their own reasons in order to claim some kind of accolade or endeavour. Here in lies the issue: Cheating in speedrunning. For those of you unaware, a "speedrun" is completing the game as fast as possible using anything provided by the game. Glitches and abusing bugs are allowed because they exist within the games assets and coding, although "glitchless" categories do exist to make runs even more fun. However what is equally disturbing is how easy it is to cheat during speedrunning. Cheating during a speedrun means using outside tools and software to implement a game you're running, this can be audio-splicing down to simply using tools which are not allowed in legitimate runs. "Tool-assisted speedruns" or "TAS'" exist to show just how fast a game can be completed and the possibility of such. It's "not human" and a run is created perfectly with the use of tools and therefore controlling all possible "RNG" within the game. Please watch this incredible video by Apollo Legend: youtube.com/watch?v=JdvFSQFZfK8&t=6s <-- He shows ten speedrunners legitimately caught cheating and then, towards the end of the video, goes on to create his very own "cheated" run. He then submits a run to the current "SDA" records which has been tampered with to test and see just how the moderation of said runs work. He succeeds... After researching the subject and catching cheaters, interviewing them and knowing how, he creates an illegitimate run and succeeds. He obviously deletes it afterwards, but it's incredible to know just how easy it is to cheat at yet another thing in this universe. I bring this up to you because people don't really understand how cheating in CS:GO works or the ramifications of it's actions when it's basically the very same thing. Pros could be cheating as of right now and we've never know, but assuming so without evidence is also just as useless as cheating to gain a tangible advantage at anything. *TL:DR* - Cheating is possible and disturbingly easy to do so. Be open-minded to cheats and don't just assume everything as a cheat just because it looks fishy - it's not always the solution. Have a good day. :)
2018-08-16 00:40
nt
2018-08-16 00:40
 | 
If you're going to comment, please read before doing so. My topic is about cheating in games and is extremely interesting when you understand the ins and outs of it. Please contribute to the topic normally instead of just acting childish... :/ Thank you and have a good day.
2018-08-16 00:44
nt (sorry for my bad english)
2018-08-16 00:44
 | 
Again-- there is no need to bait. I'll reply no more to such idiotic nonsense because there is no need for it. There is no point in posting just to bait. Either contribute to the discussion or do not. End of discussion. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 00:45
you cant cheat on valve secured servers
2018-08-16 00:46
nt
2018-08-16 01:35
youtube.com/watch?v=yzC6AT1oE1o Why did you visit my profile? You should watch this great Half-Life speedrun though.
2018-08-29 18:01
Czech Republic Wer_ 
Shift + c
2018-08-16 00:47
 | 
Would you like to contribute to this topic of discussion or not, friend?
2018-08-16 00:59
 | 
United States 21_savage_GOAT 
Cheating exists in pretty much every aspect of life and always will do. It's people doing unintelligent things for their own reasons in order to claim some kind of accolade or endeavour. Here in lies the issue: Cheating in speedrunning. For those of you unaware, a "speedrun" is completing the game as fast as possible using anything provided by the game. Glitches and abusing bugs are allowed because they exist within the games assets and coding, although "glitchless" categories do exist to make runs even more fun. However what is equally disturbing is how easy it is to cheat during speedrunning. Cheating during a speedrun means using outside tools and software to implement a game you're running, this can be audio-splicing down to simply using tools which are not allowed in legitimate runs. "Tool-assisted speedruns" or "TAS'" exist to show just how fast a game can be completed and the possibility of such. It's "not human" and a run is created perfectly with the use of tools and therefore controlling all possible "RNG" within the game. Please watch this incredible video by Apollo Legend: <-- He shows ten speedrunners legitimately caught cheating and then, towards the end of the video, goes on to create his very own "cheated" run. He then submits a run to the current "SDA" records which has been tampered with to test and see just how the moderation of said runs work. He succeeds... After researching the subject and catching cheaters, interviewing them and knowing how, he creates an illegitimate run and succeeds. He obviously deletes it afterwards, but it's incredible to know just how easy it is to cheat at yet another thing in this universe. I bring this up to you because people don't really understand how cheating in CS:GO works or the ramifications of it's actions when it's basically the very same thing. Pros could be cheating as of right now and we've never know, but assuming so without evidence is also just as useless as cheating to gain a tangible advantage at anything. *TL:DR* - Cheating is possible and disturbingly easy to do so. Be open-minded to cheats and don't just assume everything as a cheat just because it looks fishy - it's not always the solution. Have a good day. :)
2018-08-16 00:50
very nice bait from gaylord
2018-08-16 00:53
 | 
There is no point to this at all. Do you agree with my point or are you baiting for attention?
Your point about the guy who cheated and your main aim doesn't match that much
2018-08-16 00:51
 | 
It's interesting, is it not? People don't actually realise just how easy it is to cheat and when compared to CS:GO, it's also illogical.
2018-08-16 00:58
 | 
Germany ropzGOD 
Yes
2018-08-16 00:57
 | 
Yes? To what exactly?
 | 
Germany ropzGOD 
Didnt even need to read through it I already watched a video a while ago But yes agree
2018-08-16 01:00
 | 
Ah, well thank you. I watched it again recently and I think it's incredible how runs today can be flawed and go under the radar. I bring up the comparison to CS:GO in order to prove how easy it is to cheat, but not everybody wants to cheat. "witch-hunting" is the incorrect way to go about addressing your opinion and it's a video like this that does exposing "cheating" correctly.
2018-08-16 01:02
Are you the real Jonty? Weird thread coming from you if it is so.
2018-08-16 01:06
 | 
Yes and why is it weird? I have many opinions in life and especially when it comes to professional-level cheating in CS:GO, so this thread is for those who state I have a closed-off mind and a one-sided personality. This thread educates those who believes cheats exist everywhere, as well as create a nice juxtaposition to CS:GO.
2018-08-16 01:12
Because this thread: 1) May trigger people like #18 2)May trigger people that thought you were a baiter all along 3) May incite distrust in people that thought you were not a baiter, which is my case But if you are a baiter, then maybe that was the whole point from the beggining.
2018-08-16 01:26
 | 
All three of these reasons are incredibly subjective and down to peoples perspective of how they choose to perceive knowledge in this particular topic. This thread exists for the very reason stated in the original text, so please read it before replying with three nonsensical reasons of benignity. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 01:31
Subjective or not, they were highly predictable. Thats a really elaborate bait if you think about it.
2018-08-16 01:32
 | 
No it isn't. You are choosing to see this thread as bait and that is entirely your choice. Look at post #40. A user who saw this thread for what it is and actually chose to read the topic and descriptiveness of the subject at hand. So are you going to contribute to the discussion or are you going to misplace criticism where it is not needed?
2018-08-16 01:36
Yeah one data point in the middle of a whole shitshow of a thread. Good job.
2018-08-16 01:37
 | 
That user chose to read and understand the subject at hand, you and everyone else did not. Your opinion is respected and that is all. Please remember to learn to read before replying in the future. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 01:40
You are freaking maniac of a baiter I just cant stop replying. Fuck
2018-08-16 01:41
 | 
"Please remember to learn to read before replying in the future." > "You are freaking maniac of a baiter I just cant stop replying. Fuck" Admittedly you did not take my advice, which is truly a shame.
2018-08-16 01:42
Tfw you spent years trying to "troll" saying cheating is impossible and then you post the dumbest shit about cheating ever. You get worse as a troll daily.
2018-08-16 01:08
 | 
I never trolled once on HLTV, it was you who assumed so. I make this topic to show HLTV users how cheating works in industries/online communities, the ease of doing so and how to properly expose them. CS:GO has "witch-hunting" and it's the incorrect way to address an issue as controversial as this. As ever, drattus, learn to read my texts before replying and you'll learn something. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 01:11
Cheating exists in pretty much every aspect of life and always will do. It's people doing unintelligent things for their own reasons in order to claim some kind of accolade or endeavour. Here in lies the issue: Cheating in speedrunning. For those of you unaware, a "speedrun" is completing the game as fast as possible using anything provided by the game. Glitches and abusing bugs are allowed because they exist within the games assets and coding, although "glitchless" categories do exist to make runs even more fun. However what is equally disturbing is how easy it is to cheat during speedrunning. Cheating during a speedrun means using outside tools and software to implement a game you're running, this can be audio-splicing down to simply using tools which are not allowed in legitimate runs. "Tool-assisted speedruns" or "TAS'" exist to show just how fast a game can be completed and the possibility of such. It's "not human" and a run is created perfectly with the use of tools and therefore controlling all possible "RNG" within the game. Please watch this incredible video by Apollo Legend: youtube.com/watch?v=JdvFSQFZfK8&t=6s <-- He shows ten speedrunners legitimately caught cheating and then, towards the end of the video, goes on to create his very own "cheated" run. He then submits a run to the current "SDA" records which has been tampered with to test and see just how the moderation of said runs work. He succeeds... After researching the subject and catching cheaters, interviewing them and knowing how, he creates an illegitimate run and succeeds. He obviously deletes it afterwards, but it's incredible to know just how easy it is to cheat at yet another thing in this universe. I bring this up to you because people don't really understand how cheating in CS:GO works or the ramifications of it's actions when it's basically the very same thing. Pros could be cheating as of right now and we've never know, but assuming so without evidence is also just as useless as cheating to gain a tangible advantage at anything. *TL:DR* - Cheating is possible and disturbingly easy to do so. Be open-minded to cheats and don't just assume everything as a cheat just because it looks fishy - it's not always the solution. Have a good day. :)
2018-08-16 01:09
 | 
Post #12. Either contribute to the discussion or do not. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 01:18
2018-08-16 01:15
 | 
2018-08-16 01:18
TL;DR?
2018-08-16 01:16
 | 
I included one just for people like you. I didn't have to, but I did out of kindness to those not used to reading pieces of text longer than a few paragraphs.
2018-08-16 01:17
why woud i read something on HLTV thats longer than one sentence?
2018-08-16 23:45
 | 
Why wouldn't you?
2018-08-17 09:55
 | 
Switzerland veach 
thank you jonty, very cool wise words
2018-08-16 01:20
 | 
Thanks, veach. :) Have a good day, friend.
2018-08-16 01:24
 | 
Switzerland veach 
i have a question are you counterbaiting by being this nice and formatting this well or are you really this boring
2018-08-16 01:25
 | 
I do not bait at all... Why you'd see formality and simple pleasantries as such is beyond me. Your opinion is respected, but it's honestly uncalled for. I am exactly like I am all of the time. Online, offline and have been since childhood. If this offends you, then I apologise as there is nothing I can do.
2018-08-16 01:26
 | 
Switzerland veach 
reported for shortening "would" with 'd how old are you tho? i cant decide between 15 and thinks hes cool formatting like its the 18th century or a 40yo librarian
2018-08-16 01:28
 | 
Again, why are you assuming the worst on simple formality? Has no-one ever been polite or formal to you in your entire life? I am 25... Why are you acting like a schoolkid?
2018-08-16 01:29
 | 
Switzerland veach 
you dont get it this is hltv, this forum was made for complete anarchy, calling each other twats, n and f words, not being nice to each other if you dont insult everyone you're on the wrong forum
2018-08-16 01:30
 | 
According to you, sure thing. What you do not understand is not everyone is the same on Earth and whilst that may be shocking to you, it is not to others. I'll ask you again: Is being polite and formal truly that shocking to you? If so, then I deeply apologise for the life you've lived thus far. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 01:32
 | 
Switzerland veach 
i'll repeat to you, hltv was created for anarchy, my NIGGA, if you dont call others fags you're doing something wrong i do respect people when i go in more serious communities. hltv is about baiting and nothing else, not ranting, apologizing for missing a comma if you treat anarchy forums this seriously, are there places you are more laid back in? do you ever go clubbing or something or do you plan to be politically correct for your entire existence and die a virgin? ps have a wonderful day you beautiful creature
2018-08-16 01:38
 | 
"i'll repeat to you, hltv was created for anarchy, my NIGGA, if you dont call others fags you're doing something wrong" No it wasn't. It was created because of Counter-Strike and Half-Life. Claiming otherwise is your own opinion and not gospel. "i do respect people when i go in more serious communities. hltv is about baiting and nothing else, not ranting, apologizing for missing a comma" No it isn't. You might like to break the rules, but forums exist to exert a plethora of ideas and discussions, engaging in brainstorms, conversations and the differences of opinions. "if you treat anarchy forums this seriously, are there places you are more laid back in? do you ever go clubbing or something or do you plan to be politically correct for your entire existence and die a virgin?" Your ire is misplaced and incredibly subjective. I'd suggest learning manners, common sense and the ability to be polite to others before enforcing a policy of how to treat HLTV when it's intended purpose is far from what you state.
2018-08-16 01:39
 | 
Switzerland veach 
hltv FORUMS were never meant to be politically correct and have been in rather anarchic states since the beginning we discuss literally anything on there, with mad respect until we get answered, thats the first hltv forums rule in no world would i see myself respecting everyone by default, especially on teenage forums can you actually answer my last paragraph properly instead of acting "fricking shocked!" by such "irrational and rude behaviour!"? if you're 25 id assume you have at least met a couple people, or are your only friends mormons and constant jesus christ preachers?
2018-08-16 01:44
 | 
"hltv FORUMS were never meant to be politically correct and have been in rather anarchic states since the beginning we discuss literally anything on there, with mad respect until we get answered, thats the first hltv forums rule in no world would i see myself respecting everyone by default, especially on teenage forums" You're enforcing your policies on how everyone should treat HLTV, when you are the one misinformed as to how/why HLTV was created. Understand that before attempting to tell others otherwise. "can you actually answer my last paragraph properly instead of acting "fricking shocked!" by such "irrational and rude behaviour!"? if you're 25 id assume you have at least met a couple people, or are your only friends mormons and constant jesus christ preachers?" I am 25 and I would learn to read what I type before replying, veach. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 01:50
love this Jonty this guy is just ignorant trying his hardest for an argument and countering your points with things that are not relevant to the topic at hand not to mention him attempting to attack you for using a vocabulary which is clearly wider than his, people on here just love to hate ignore him brother *brofist*
2018-08-16 01:52
 | 
*brofist* I kind of gathered he was baiting, but it is humourous to see him attempt to imply everyone should be treating HLTV in his own ideal way. Yourself as a great example, you do not treat HLTV as this user preaches, yet he tries to tell us so anyway. I understand formalities are uncommon on forums, but I have always been this way on every forum; including the ones I moderate for a living. Thank you, however. Always a pleasure. ^^
2018-08-16 01:53
hopefully one day I can make it into your RTBOP/Mentioned users list my man have a great night and ignore these idiots
2018-08-16 02:07
 | 
Done. My apologies for not adding you sooner. You're a great asset to an example of how users should respect each other and your kindness is honestly grateful. ^^ Have a fantastic night, friend.
2018-08-16 02:11
 | 
Switzerland veach 
great dodging of the itchy question once again have you ever noticed there are only a handful of people who are actually pc and never swear on there, and whole hordes of angry teenage trolls? maybe thats a sign its not the best place for you? ever considered starting a christian csgo reading club? doesnt look like i'm the odd one there
 | 
Dodging? Here: "learn to read what I type before replying, veach." Do so and then reply again instead of enforcing your policies in an idiotic fashion.
2018-08-16 01:54
 | 
Switzerland veach 
nope, you still havent answered my main question which was "do you plan to live a boring life and die a virgin" either way reported for calling me an idiot
2018-08-16 01:55
 | 
I do not need to answer rhetorical questions because they do not require an answer. Once again, you can try to read my replies before replying and I would implore you to do so. All you've done is bait from the very first post, but I've been lenient thus far with them.
2018-08-16 01:57
 | 
Switzerland veach 
i refuse to believe you're not baiting at this point got me good the whole time good job
2018-08-16 01:59
 | 
You can believe what you like, it'll remain your opinion and there respected. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 02:00
Well, that's interesting, but you have to take in mind that cheating exists in pretty much every aspect of life and always will do. It's people doing unintelligent things for their own reasons in order to claim some kind of accolade or endeavour. Here in lies the issue: Cheating in speedrunning. For those of you unaware, a "speedrun" is completing the game as fast as possible using anything provided by the game. Glitches and abusing bugs are allowed because they exist within the games assets and coding, although "glitchless" categories do exist to make runs even more fun. However what is equally disturbing is how easy it is to cheat during speedrunning. Cheating during a speedrun means using outside tools and software to implement a game you're running, this can be audio-splicing down to simply using tools which are not allowed in legitimate runs. "Tool-assisted speedruns" or "TAS'" exist to show just how fast a game can be completed and the possibility of such. It's "not human" and a run is created perfectly with the use of tools and therefore controlling all possible "RNG" within the game. Please watch this incredible video by Apollo Legend: youtube.com/watch?v=JdvFSQFZfK8&t=6s <-- He shows ten speedrunners legitimately caught cheating and then, towards the end of the video, goes on to create his very own "cheated" run. He then submits a run to the current "SDA" records which has been tampered with to test and see just how the moderation of said runs work. He succeeds... After researching the subject and catching cheaters, interviewing them and knowing how, he creates an illegitimate run and succeeds. He obviously deletes it afterwards, but it's incredible to know just how easy it is to cheat at yet another thing in this universe. I bring this up to you because people don't really understand how cheating in CS:GO works or the ramifications of it's actions when it's basically the very same thing. Pros could be cheating as of right now and we've never know, but assuming so without evidence is also just as useless as cheating to gain a tangible advantage at anything. *TL:DR* - Cheating is possible and disturbingly easy to do so. Be open-minded to cheats and don't just assume everything as a cheat just because it looks fishy - it's not always the solution. Have a good day. :)
2018-08-16 01:21
 | 
2018-08-16 01:24
It is down right stupid and preposterous to assume any pro speed-runners are cheating.
xd
 | 
In theory, yes. People accuse me of not having an open mind, yet cheating exists everywhere despite logic. "Witch-hunting" in CS:GO is the incorrect way to expose cheats, as it is incorrect to cheat in anyway possible.
2018-08-16 01:28
Good read. Always love watching that games done fast event or whatever its called at twitch. Also the only time (apart from csgo tournaments) that I find watching twitch not an utter waste of time.
2018-08-16 01:31
 | 
Thank you so much. ^^ I never got into speedrunning, but I have to respect the time, commitment and skill that goes into each and every one of these. It's also interesting and disturbing to know that even in something as arbitrary as completing a game the fastest is still human error and infidelity. Do you watch AGDQ/SGDQ when it's live? Obviously impossible to cheat, the runs are entertaining and it's for a great cause. :D
2018-08-16 01:35
AGDQ/SGDQ are great though I will give you that
2018-08-16 01:42
 | 
Of course they are. Why you'd assume I'm some insidious baiter is beyond me, as I've told you before I'm not. My favourite GDQ event was AGDQ 2013. Truly a spectacle of great games ran we'll never see again.
2018-08-16 01:43
They are always great, always love the Zelda playthroughs. OK Jonty I dont think you are a baiter anymore ok?
2018-08-16 01:45
 | 
That pleases me greatly, as I truly thought you were biased against me when I'm not that kind of person. Historically OoT was the benchmark for speedrunning for the longest time... ZFG remains the king, but back then Cosmo and co. definitely did great things for it. :D I adore 100% glitchless runs of Zelda games... The true core gameplay of how it's done professionally. ^^
2018-08-16 01:48
I prefer glitcheless too, but sometimes glitches are hilarious.
2018-08-16 01:49
 | 
I love seeing truly broken games being destroyed by glitches, but I admire the skill required to even perform some of the more stupidly difficult. Pixel-perfect, frame-perfect, time-windows -- It truly boggles the mind of how people find this stuff... I love the speedrunning community. xD Which is why it's heartbreaking to see cheats existing so easily as is every aspect of life.
2018-08-16 01:51
Yes agdq/sgdq is what I meant. Its certainly entertaining and for a good cause. Actually got into it cause I was a huge fan (also tried myself) of speedruns done in HL/HL2. About the cheating aspect I agree. I was myself in a team competing in EPS benelux during cs 1.6. Only to see 3 of my teammates getting banned (manually by ESL cause esl wire did not catch them) with me completely oblivous of the fact that they were cheating. And that was at least 6-8 years ago. Imagine the possibilities in 2018.
 | 
Thank you for the amazing read. :) It's a shame your friends were caught cheating and my condolences as well. I've been called a cheater for a long time back when I used to play 1.6, yet I played with people who I trusted and found out to be cheating. :( FODDER is a good example of how even your closest friends can just stab you in the back... For the record, HL speedruns suck. xD If you cannot learn to b-hop or have it bound to a mouse-wheel, it's never happening; which is a shame, because I was pretty good at Half-Life. xD
2018-08-16 01:46
Fodder :). He always seems to remind me of weymo and pondfiller. Maybe hl speedruns suck. But you cant deny its one of those games that has been put in most effort to speedrun autistically. Especially props to rayvex and quadrazid. Did you ever play HL AG?(adrenaline gamer) Rayvex played that aswell and so did I. Considered the elite mod of hl:dm. It still has a teambased league going on( yes even in 2018). Try googling "biggy's boot_camp ag" Such an awesome watch of a very fast paced "HL DM".
2018-08-16 01:55
 | 
"Fodder :). He always seems to remind me of weymo and pondfiller." I know of pondfiller, but weymo...? I should know that name, but I cannot recall it currently? I definitely will check it out. Thank you. :D Have a good day. ^^
2018-08-16 01:56
Weymo was a teammate and friend of pondfiller if I remember correctly. youtu.be/Cdr2Ks5ylC0 Hl ag youtu.be/zAG6AH2mYNc
2018-08-16 02:01
 | 
Thank you for the links. I apologise for every other post in this thread attempting to bait, friend. :( So thank you for being truly invested in the point I was trying to make all along -- it's greatly appreciated. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 02:04
You know what forum you are posting on and so do I. Have a good night :).
2018-08-16 02:06
Oopss
 | 
Oops indeed. ^^ My apologies to the admin.
2018-08-16 01:46
eLUSIVE | 
United States mook_ 
dont tell me what to assume bub
2018-08-16 01:50
 | 
I didn't tell you to do anything. Did you read the entire text and watch the video before replying?
eLUSIVE | 
United States mook_ 
u told me to please watch the video
2018-08-16 02:16
 | 
I encouraged you to watch the video as it goes in tandem with the subject. It would be pointless if you read everything and didn't watch the video. Did you watch the video or read any of the text? Did you find it interesting?
2018-08-16 02:19
eLUSIVE | 
United States mook_ 
no
2018-08-16 02:21
 | 
Truly a shame. Thank you for posting anyway. :) Have a good day.
2018-08-16 02:21
eLUSIVE | 
United States mook_ 
ty mr. jonty
2018-08-16 02:22
most ambiguous post of the week
2018-08-16 01:56
 | 
Ambiguity can be good and bad, but does it really apply here and now? ;)
2018-08-16 01:59
HUNDEN | 
China ene1nz 
I hope this witch-hunting thread will be deleted by Jonathan E. Disgusting.
2018-08-16 02:00
 | 
Witch-hunt? Instead of baiting, contribute to the discussion and learn to read before replying. Have a good day.
2018-08-16 02:03
 | 
United States Mikeyyyy 
Pointless
2018-08-16 02:14
 | 
What is?
2018-08-16 02:17
 | 
United States Mikeyyyy 
This thread
2018-08-16 04:02
 | 
Same can be said of all threads, yet you replied, did you not? Have a good day.
2018-08-16 16:59
can't decide which one was more painful to read - this one or your infamous blog. i suppose this one was better in that it was much shorter. nevertheless, somehow you managed to bring your A game broken-english-wise even in a shorter post which didn't feel inferior to your blog. very impressive. that being said i feel somewhat bad about mocking the mentally impaired and i'd like you to know that i genuinely feel sorry for you. i don't know if your condition is treatable or not but hopefully you'll get better with time.
2018-08-16 02:16
 | 
Well this is your opinion and to be respected. It's a shame just personality is wasted on pseudo-intellectualism, but you should actually try reading the posts/blogs/threads properly before replying next time. Your assumptions and illogical insinuations aside, I'm sure there is a decent post somewhere... Have a good day, nevertheless.
2018-08-16 02:26
I'm honestly surprised people would cheat in speedrunning. Thanks for the info.
2018-08-16 17:09
 | 
My pleasure. :) There have always been cheating in various cases, but I had absolutely no idea it was this frequent, common or as easy to achieve.
2018-08-16 17:23
Have you always had that stance on the possibility of cheating in CS:GO?
2018-08-16 17:25
 | 
Always. :) It's more personal for me when it comes to professional-level cheating because I have played at that level and with these very people being accused. So I really am sceptical when I see "dodgy clips", because I've either done then myself or they can be explained provided you know what you are looking for. I've been against witch-hunting since I made an account on HLTV and it's one of the very key reasons I decided to make an account in the first place. Witch-hunting and accusing every pro under the sun with convoluted "proof" and inexperienced nonsense is not the way to go. I try to be fair above all else and will give advantage to the logic of assuming no-one is cheating than all of them is cheating if the probability arises. I've yet to see a video I cannot explain because these "videos" are tampered, butchered, abused and taken out of context when all we need is the original POV demo of the person in question. I made this topic to show people just how easy it is to cheat and even something as tangible and as simple as "playing a game quickly".
2018-08-16 17:32
 | 
Other HRP_BANNED1 
true
2018-08-16 18:37
Have seen that video and I'm familiar with it, and I'm also well aware of your stance on witch-hunting, so I won't dive far too deep on these subjects. But I do wanna adress that it is fun seeing you back and also seeing you here fighting in the comments even if some see you as this big baiter, and some just make a copypaste of your post. That behaviour just is what it is I guess, the beauty and the beast of HLTV. That aside, lets discuss some cheating. Denying cheating at any somewhat-pro level is refusing to accept the scums that exist, and unfortunately us as the viewers, we rarely get a say (even if we don't really deserve it) concerning the professional level and the risk of having cheaters in the e-sports we love. We all want the scene to be clean, and users posting clips on HLTV mostly just opens the door of our own ridiculousness, where for most the the time, they deserve the mockery that they get. Can't really say that I support witch-hunting as it creates this kind of 'state of surveillance' over the subject/subjects in question. As a pro, playing professionaly or stream your games should be seen as fun, and pros shouldn't have to deal with the pressure of thinking "Doesn't matter if I do anything good or insane, people will just think I cheat" if you are the subject of a witch-hunt. But also as I'm a viewer, I shouldn't have to blindely trust every pro, having doubt also gives the player the chance to prove themselvs in my own eyes. Unfortunately, a lot of users takes this 'prove yourself in my eyes' way too far... And we have seen the consequence of such actions before... I do really think that I understand your point Jonty that you try to make in your post, as some users think that you believe that cheating doesn't exist in the pro level, but you just say that witch-hunting isn't the answer to find out if a pro do cheat or not. At least how I saw your point. I can only assume that I got it right, did I? Starting to wonder about that 'I won't dive far too deep on these subjects'... But this deservs a long reply. And again, nice seeing you old friend!
2018-08-16 23:04
 | 
Yep - bang on with all of the analytical annotations. :) I completely agree on both accounts. It's illogical to accuse everybody under the sun of cheating, in turn it's also illogical to assume nobody is cheating, either. It's a perfect middle ground to just enjoy CS:GO... No-one seems to be doing that these days. :( Awesome reply, thank you so much for taking the time to write out this incredible post, gayv-ela. :) Have a good day. Wonderful to see you again, old friend. :)
2018-08-17 09:58
 | 
Italy MikeMareen 
Does this really exist? I thought this community was all about fair play. Terrible to see people cheat in videogames.
2018-08-16 23:09
 | 
It does indeed. It's interesting and terrifying just how easy it is to do so.
2018-08-17 09:56
Unfortunately some people would go to almost any lengths just in order to succeed at something they'd like to be good at when in reality they're not or not enough. A lot of it boils down to money I feel like, but attention and maybe even the satisfactory feeling of self deception play a part. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that I have lied to myself before, not necessarily in this situation, but maybe pretending that I was in the right when really I wasn't. That's a form of self deception too, and oftentimes it's so much easier to live by a lie than to embrace the truth. I have never been a fan of witchhunting either, and in general I'd like to believe that anyone who's not been proven guilty is innocent. There are some exceptions though, like that one German team (I think) that was blatantly cheating, I think it was during the minor qualifiers for Eleague Boston 2018. They later on got banned too. I do think though we have to be prepared for anything, for all we know the entire pro scene could be cheating. I don't believe that, and I think that some people are blowing the conspiracy theories completely out of proportion. Maybe some even just leech off the bandwagon for their daily portion of attention, as at times seems to be the case with certain people who call themselves "baiters" as well, who knows. Personally I actually don't believe that any of the current top players are cheating, but I do think that this topic has to be discussed, because there's always a person trying to gain something without actually working hard for it. That's why I appreciate it when someone posts a "fishy" clip of a pro player, but without already being convinced that they have to be cheating. And let's be real, for some clips no one has ever found a logical explanation as far as I know. A good and classic example of this is flusha's weird "aimlock" through the box on Dust II, where he literally had no reason to look there (and he even fired a bullet). Maybe there's an explanation for that, maybe not. We're doing certain things unconsciously, and this example might be one of them. Not everything has to have a reason or purpose, not just in CS:GO but in life as well. In conclusion: Pros could or could not cheat, and while it's completely fine to discuss any evidence with others and share your own thinking, I still think people shouldn't be convinced about someone cheating as soon as there's a suspicious clip. Witchhunting can seriously hurt a pro's reputation, or even their mental state, so never go around accusing someone of cheating without knowing or even trying to consider the player's circumstances and their way of thinking, maybe even their way of firing the gun!
2018-08-16 23:37
 | 
Exactly -- could not agree more. As to the "clips" part we would need the entire demo from the original upload to see, because just accusing from a third-person perspective with tampered clips is non-optimal if you're going to accuse a players entire career of fraudulence. I typed this in an earlier reply: "It's illogical to accuse everybody under the sun of cheating, in turn it's also illogical to assume nobody is cheating, either. It's a perfect middle ground to just enjoy CS:GO... No-one seems to be doing that these days. :(" It's fitting, because it's rare you will ever get a discussion on the middle ground and with witch-hunting, the accusations have already been made without discussion. It's simply "he is cheating - no other reason", when that is not the correct way to go about it. You need to open your mind and change your bias before ever claiming to know what you are talking about. :) I brought up this video because it's a good juxtaposition overall of how easy it is to cheat and that we shouldn't always just assume someone is cheating just because it looks dodgy... It's the professional-level scene for a reason. Thank you for the lengthy, awesome reply. :) Have a good day, friend.
2018-08-17 10:02
I agree with every point you've just made :D let's just enjoy some professional CS:GO, without having to think about whether or not it is legitimate in the back of our minds. There's not all that much we can do to expose cheaters anyways, that's the job of VAC and other anti-cheat systems alike, so as you said it's illogical to assume someone's cheating based on plays they're making... most of the times anyways. Have a good day too! :)
2018-08-17 10:44
hello guys, I don't really buy the idea of recommending professionals online but I promised this great hacker(hothackmaster@gmail.com) this recommendation for a job well done and from my personal experience, he's one of the best private investigator/hacker out there cuz he know how to really go about these stuffs and truly honest with his service... I was having issues with my spouse and businesses associate,my spouse was cheating while my business partner wanted to blackmail me, I was worried until I saw Wilson Hacking Service online...we talked a few times and he promised to help me and within 4 hours I was seeing their messages and also deleted conversations...I'm really glad I got in touch with him....he's into jobs like Whatspp,viber,Fb, clearing of criminal records ,Text,cal logs iCloud,bank hacks and so on..... you can call or text him on Whatsapp Messenger him on +16282035823 ..thank me later
2018-08-17 04:49
Very interesting video and a quality thread, thank you. It really shows that people will do anything to gain an advantage over others in just about anything.
2018-08-17 10:47
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.