Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Ropz to C9
TACO | 
United States FlagMaster 
While I don’t know yet if I think this move would be good or not. I realized that this could possibly be a move that could happen following ESL New York and Istanbul. As absurd as it sounds, Ropz going to Cloud9 seems like a move that could possible happen. Ropz has teased I guess that he might not be in Mouz for much longer (don’t know if it’s a bait or not though), but it got me thinking what teams he could go to and C9 makes the most sense. C9 is a very wealthy esports or that is willing to pay big bucks and are in need of a star player for their squad. While there are numerous other Star players they could go after, Ropz is one of the better options as he has the advantage of being young which is both a positive for him still having years to get better and better, as well as being able to move to NA easier as he hasn’t really permenantly established himself in Europe as other Eu players have (apEX, NBK, etc)
2018-08-16 01:21
tldr amerifag lying about ropz join c9 when he joining worse team LOL nt
2018-08-16 01:21
TACO | 
United States FlagMaster 
First of all, I explained that in the beginning of the text (if your dumbass bothered to read it) that the idea of the move was absurd. Secondly I also explained that C9 is a wealthy org that could potentially either buyout Ropz or offer him a juicy contract.
2018-08-16 01:26
nt amerifag
2018-08-16 01:36
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
C9 are not that wealthy actually, also they are cheap asses who take whatever they can get. FNS was really the first time I can remember in a long time where they paid good money (even though he's pure shit as a player and IGL) 200k down the drain, all the other changes I seen (or can remember) was them picking up some random off FPL or taking someone who was not under contract and I know for a fact they get paid way less than the top tier 1 teams and I think this is the reason stewie/tarik left to get tier 1 money, they asked for higher salary after the major and I doubt they received it, move to MiBR because their salary is way higher. People thinking C9 can just go ahead and buyout players like NBK, Apex, Ropz after throwing away 200k are delusional, they can't afford anyone good and that's why they literally can't bring in anyone good, they take Golden and Styko. You think a rich org that could actually compete with the top tier 1 teams would be able to lure in someone good wouldn't you?
2018-08-17 04:56
Stewie2K | 
North America Xheng 
C9 are very wealthy. But they are cheap asses. Because they don't need CSGO lol. Why would they? It's a non-franchised industry.
2018-08-17 04:59
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
If they were that rich they could just snatch some players off better teams but they can't cause those orgs are bigger than C9 are.
2018-08-17 05:00
Stewie2K | 
North America Xheng 
Those other orgs aren't. Cloud 9 don't need CSGO. You're missing the point. They don't need CSGO lol. They are being funded so much money from league and overwatch franchising. And they already own the best team in Overwatch and they have a prosperous korean fortnite team. You really think they can't compete with other CSGO teams who ONLY have a CSGO team? You're kidding yourself. They choose not to because they're playing it smart. After league and CSGO, they've begun buying out whole entire teams or making ones with ONLY the best players in NEW games where the budget is small, but rises. They're playing stocks and winning hard. Here's some extra lens for you: EG is known for only DOTA. Why? Because they win the international or come close to. And that ALONE is, say 2 million per year. CSGO got nothing on that. Imagine the sponsors and other hundreds of thousands they get from other tournaments. And if they win this international, (they're doing really well btw), they inject 10 million again. Lol.
2018-08-17 05:09
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
Why they don't need CS Go? I mean C9 literally has no good teams in any game at all, they are shit, shit org, shit teams. I know what you're saying that they might be better off in other eSports since their CS Go team outside of like 1 major has been hilariously under whelming for pretty much since 2014. OW will be dead after 1 season, low views, game has a dying player base and Fortnite is a gay eSport tf you saying, it's like saying C9 don't need CS Go cause they have a good super smash melee player lol it's retarded and no good CS Go players is coming to that team because they are a sinking ship, when your best player is a shitty baiter who would want to join you? I mean you are just going to get baited by the Asian kid that never clutches, garbage lurker with exit frags and low impact how can you win? Look no hate on Auti but when he becomes your super star player, your team is trash and should disband, go rewatch the major, he was the worst player on the team in that event and they played the best CS they've ever had.
2018-08-17 05:12
Stewie2K | 
North America Xheng 
?????? It's not about JUST eSports. It's about the sponsors you bring in and the general audiences that come in and buy your shit. And the sponsors that come in, like fucking T-mobile which is huge in the states What the fuck does CSGO provide that other games doesn't? An EU audience? Maybe $800k? That isn't a good investment, and all the good players are gone. I'm by no means a cloud9 fan but they're playing it smart as hell. Tell me, why do they need CSGO? Evil Geniuses doesn't and only needs DOTA? Other orgs ONLY RELY on DOTA. Why do they need CSGO? Fortnite has so much funding. It doesn't matter how shit it is to you OR ALSO me. It has funding. And so does overwatch, and cloud9 is playing the stock game really well. Their overwatch team just won worlds, and sure maybe it'll go down after that, but then they just sell the roster if they really have to.
2018-08-17 05:15
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
CS Go provides longevity in the right circumstances, it will be around longer than all and be a consistent way for them to generate revenue to pay their shit teams. Those other games come and go all the time, is there a staple in eSports that has lived and been as popular as the CS franchise throughout eSports? No there hasn't these other trash games will be gone and forgotten and CS will still be the game driving eSports.
2018-08-17 05:15
Stewie2K | 
North America Xheng 
Ya that's the problem you stated right there. "right circumstances." Lol CS wasn't the fucking driving the eSports scene. You're an imposter. And it wasn't "always popular," if given the right context. Starcraft brood war was and EVERYONE and EVERY caster will agree on this. Starcraft died around, I'll say, 2010-2011 when LEAGUE OF LEGENDS was developed. Starcraft 2 was made but wasn't accessible as League, which made them win. That's like fucking 20 years of life. CSGO might or may not, as people are still unsure how long it'll last because of it's lack of ability to attract new audiences. Fortnite is doing that right now, sadly. You have to be more open minded than this, man. I've been literally saying DOTA this whole time and you keep ignoring it, yet Evil Geniuses is probably super fucking rich compared to so many CSGO teams. Kids are fucking watching Fornite right now and you know that technology is going to make them go on twitch and fund it/give more attention to it. So like it or not, Fortnite is becoming popular, and it's HIGH IN DEMAND AS OF NOW. We don't know when it'll crash, but a lot hope it does because we want other games to watch, which I agree with. And you're STILL NOT READING MY COMMENTS. Fucking irritating. Why should cloud9 invest ANY MONEY in CSGO when all the best players are already acquired and no new talents are really being seen. So much talent is being recycled again because we are in a lull and no new players are really entering the game because of that payment barrier. Last but not least, the only reason why games don't achieve the pedigree League of legends or DOTA has is because of the failure to attract the Chinese audience. You better be thanking your gods that Fortnite isn't popular in China or else it would have single handily erased CSGO and so many other games. For some reason, PUBG = fortnite
2018-08-17 05:24
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
"And you're STILL NOT READING MY COMMENTS. Fucking irritating." Literally had me rolling cause you got me, this isn't even an argument I'm just writing facts and not reading anything good job eSports historian, anyway I hope C9 does go away from CS Go they've been shit for far to long and cannot compete with any of the big orgs in CS like FaZe, SK, MiBR, Na'vi, VP etc etc they are a lower budget NA org that rather risk 200k on a trash anele than pick up someone decent for that money why is that? Cause none wants to join this garbage team and yes 200K is enough to get someone decent not a trash kid.
2018-08-17 05:30
Stewie2K | 
North America Xheng 
But why? Tell me WHY they should invest in CSGO when their investment won't return. The person won't be a Tarik, a Stewie, a what ever the fuck. They will get a waning NBK, an out of prime apex, etc. for 1.6 million. Nice fucking deal. You being an Astralis fan is the biggest ironic thing I've ever seen. You want them to buy some random guy with no credentials for 200k? Why?? In a scene where they'll never get the chance to develop because of all these already existing crazy players that are all acquired? Also the fact you think they're poor is factually wrong because of the fact they're in league franchising lol. Dude, the fact that they bought FNS literally illustrates how little they care for CSGO lol. The qualificatoin for entering the league of legends franchising spot literally was tens of millions of dollars. That's why NBA teams sponsor them, and why places like Madison Square garden sponsor the teams there. Those are the biggest things we've seen in eSports history. Those are top tier organizations in the states as an actual nation. You're actually just a moron if you think that doesn't mean something. Cause you're literally just trying to ignore how wealthy C9 are. That's why it's annoying. It's annoying when a guy can't realize that a team that put funding that rivals Gordon Howard/Houston Rockets/Golden state warriors exists.
2018-08-17 05:38
 | 
Macedonia AstralisGoat 
Well it would make returns if they invested into the right players, if that team that won the major could continue to compete at the top for example instead of going out in groups of every tier 1 event after the major they would probably be more popular. Truth be told this team was making more when they had players like Shroud and n0thing 2 of the most popular players in the NA scene, it's all about marketing and sponsorship not even about results but they had a solid team and that's how other teams make good money by having a team in the tier 1 competing consistently on events even if they don't have the most popular players in the social media they still have a strong brand because their team can produce results in the biggest events giving them a lot of exposure. Also when talking about NBA or whatever teams sponsoring that is very small compared to North being sponsored by a FC for example, anyway Xheng C9 are not even one of the biggest NA orgs in CS, maybe they can compete in other eSports where the game dev has a monopoly on the competitive eSport but in a game like CS Go where it's compete anarchy they have literally no chance.
2018-08-17 05:38
Stewie2K | 
North America Xheng 
You're applying EU logic to NA logic. You can't. So your argument is a fallacy, but that isn't new. NBA teams are the equivalent of FC here. Every team here, even the bad ones, are all worth 1 billion dollars. god knows how much the terrible ones are. The golden state warriors are $3,100 Million dollars. So once again, north being sponsored by a football team doesn't mean shit when they aren't even doing that well. And that includes PSG FC who are way better than North's sponsor and failed in League. How would you feel if I insulted PSG FC's funding for a competent league team and said they aren't that rich, lol. See, the difference here is that there is no barrier of entry to CSGO in terms of "you must have x million of dollars in your team/org." Did you know that one of TL's players salary is around a 800k? Can you imagine what the other players in the league get who are better? Can you imagine what a C9 player makes? How much maintenance that costs? So, Congratulations. You just caught yourself in your own fallacy.
2018-08-17 05:50
 | 
Singapore derpydm 
Besides, North isn't even sponsored by the FC. They ARE a subsidary of FCK. And yeah, football teams are rich as hell, but keep in mind that we're talking about PSG here. You know, the team that signed the biggest buyout in football history? Obviously FCK can't compare to them at all, because while they're rich they don't have that absrud amount of funding, so I find the comparison to PSG moot in a way. I do agree with you though - C9 is making bank and frankly speaking they're really good at it. Once fortnite dies (if ever) they'll have probably made 500x their investment, just because it's Fortnite. Shitty esport? Yeah, but eho cares when you can swim in bands anyways?
2018-08-17 07:12
Stewie2K | 
North America Xheng 
My point about PSG was proving to him that his point is a fallacy. Read carefully. I never made fun of them. Lol. There's a reason why I picked PSG
2018-08-17 07:25
if c9 as an org wanted to buy astralis tomorrow they have the money to do so. c9 is one of the richest orgs in western esports. but hey because they have a shit csgo team theyre ofcourse broke and ofcourse couldnt afford a top csgo team
2018-08-17 07:52
 | 
Denmark JustYes 
They might have money but they give low ass salaries. From what I remember the C9 lineup in 2017 wanted to change org because they got almost nothing in salary.
2018-08-17 13:47
And they got huge salary increases after the major.
2018-08-17 15:23
i'm just leaving a note here for myself, so I remember not to read anything above later
2018-08-17 15:36
+1
2018-08-17 21:29
 | 
Brazil JutsuMaker 
CS Cannot be erased. And it wont be a china audience that will do this. CS is world-known as the best FPS game that ever existed. CS:GO will die soon but CS will keep evolving. I can see fortnite as same as Minecraft. Huge stacks and then just went down very very fast. CS and Warcraft are generations games. It wont die that easily. They are one of a kind. Just liek FIFA, the online game is FUCKEDUP but no matter hwo fuckedup the game is, it won't simply die because of audience.
2018-08-17 20:07
"Pure shit as a player and ingame leader" As compared to who lol? Hes a better ingame leader than BOT tarik and BOT Stewie and he should have stayed on the team. But C9 is NA, so basically nothing they do makes sense.
2018-08-17 05:44
 | 
Sweden Trkmag 
+1
2018-08-17 14:08
no
2018-08-16 01:24
TACO | 
United States FlagMaster 
Explain
2018-08-16 01:27
no
2018-08-16 01:26
TACO | 
United States FlagMaster 
Explain
2018-08-16 01:27
Who from tier1 wants to play in c9? XDDD
2018-08-16 01:28
TACO | 
United States FlagMaster 
Money. He’s hinted at leaving Mouz.
2018-08-16 03:00
 | 
United States SladesterG 
When? And where? Aka source please
2018-08-16 03:02
NAF | 
Canada Chizten 
on his insta he put a picture of him in his jersey with the caption "time is running out" or something like it
2018-08-16 06:38
 | 
United States SladesterG 
That's not a source
2018-08-16 12:48
NAF | 
Canada Chizten 
"Hes hinted" i dont think he is leaving either but i am just informing you where the guy above got his info. Have a good day
2018-08-17 02:32
 | 
United States SladesterG 
Well if he is hinting there will still be a SOURCE
2018-08-17 02:35
His fucking IG
2018-08-17 02:46
 | 
United States SladesterG 
Ok do you have a link? Other wise no link no proof
2018-08-17 04:18
Is searching up ''ropz ig'' on google so fucking hard? instagram.com/p/BmZLJs_gFqG/?hl=nb&taken..
2018-08-17 13:42
 | 
United States SladesterG 
No but I'm not the one claiming this so he should provide sources and evidence
2018-08-17 19:53
He literally said that his vacation time is over and now he needs to go back to CS xddddddd
2018-08-17 02:49
 | 
United States SladesterG 
That's not hinting he is leaving mouz
 | 
United States SladesterG 
That's not Hinting leaving he is leaving mouz
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
go back to reddit fucking hell edit: wrong person LOL sorry
2018-08-17 03:10
 | 
United States SladesterG 
Lol.its ok Mr galaxy USA <3 UK
2018-08-17 04:24
 | 
United Kingdom h4mm 
Galaxy my g
2018-08-17 15:14
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
do i know you g
2018-08-17 18:20
 | 
United Kingdom h4mm 
Nah fam
2018-08-17 19:56
 | 
United Kingdom h4mm 
U Cypriot?
2018-08-17 19:56
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
no born in uk my friend im on holiday
2018-08-17 19:57
 | 
United Kingdom h4mm 
I'm on holiday in greece. You?
2018-08-17 19:58
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
Cyprus hence the Cyprus flag i had on you enjoying ur holiday?
2018-08-17 20:00
 | 
United Kingdom h4mm 
Ye man, hope it's good where you are, Cyprus is pretty much Greece I heard
2018-08-17 20:02
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
Yeah they are pretty similar, same with Turkey
2018-08-17 20:52
 | 
United Kingdom h4mm 
Ye but the Turks invaded the country
2018-08-17 21:27
 | 
United Kingdom h4mm 
Name shall always be true
2018-08-17 15:14
chrisJ | 
Finland Motori 
I am pretty sure that ropz has an good salary on mouz so i dont see him leaving
2018-08-16 06:36
United States j_k 
a good salary doesn't determine a player leaving or staying
2018-08-17 03:46
NAF | 
United States Jammin800k 
It's definitely part of it and why would leave a top 5 team to join a team that is essentially a project.
2018-08-17 05:11
United States j_k 
Maybe he isn't happy with his current team and all the behind the team stuff, C9 has potential to be a top 10 and top 5 team again, they just need that rifler, maybe not rope, but they need a young and ambitious rifler like how stew or Tarik were, somebody who brings personality and energy while at the same time dominating. Golden has potential to bring structure and bring the best out of his players, so maybe rope coming for a short period of time isn't out of the question
2018-08-17 05:58
NAF | 
United States Jammin800k 
Maybe but theres no indication of that. Mouz is already there, has one of the best AWPers in the world and is surrounded by amazing riflers. He has no reason to leave afaik especially to C9
2018-08-17 06:43
don’t think ropz would downgrade to a shitty unstable team. pretty sure mouz pays pretty decently as is
2018-08-16 06:49
Even though i don't see it happening, it would kinda make sense. Ever since snax came he badically took a lot of ropz' spots leading to him to be more of a support and not fragging as well, but if he'd join c9, he'd get all the freedom he wants +He doesn't have school anymore so he can actually play professionaly (in teams other than mouz)
2018-08-17 02:51
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
i mean do you watch cs? ropz is still the lurker and snax played the most support rounds on mouz rofl 'Snax (mousesports) 24.3%'
2018-08-17 03:12
he's still underperforming due to it
2018-08-17 13:42
 | 
United Kingdom tthrowing 
Every person need to adapt to new teammate give them time then judge if Snax made ropz worse
2018-08-17 15:55
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
+1
2018-08-17 18:21
he didnt finnish school wtf u talk about. actually he is in 11th grade now not even last year lmao
2018-08-17 14:56
man he said when he joined mouz he was in first year of his high school
2018-08-17 15:48
I'm autistic
2018-08-17 18:29
ence fan omegalul
2018-08-17 02:46
Reported
2018-08-17 02:51
ence is top 10 ez friend
2018-08-17 03:51
NAF | 
Slovakia t4gg3d 
device fan omegahyperlul
2018-08-17 21:14
 | 
Denmark MSLTOP1 
C9 do need firepower but I’d like ropz to stay on mouz
2018-08-17 03:16
 | 
United States Emo_Hoe 
I actually had a feeling about something like this where I think cromen will join mouz after the major to replace ropz and then ropz will go to NA, most likely C9. With all the EU talent and the waning NA talent on C9, I feel like they'll wind up going European by 2020
2018-08-17 03:21
NAF | 
United States Jammin800k 
Replace passive lurker with entry fragger when they already have 2. Makes sense.
2018-08-17 05:13
 | 
Denmark oskarsports 
This has to be one of the funniest baits in 2018
2018-08-17 03:37
cyx | 
Canada CyxDEADLOL 
Honestly it makes sense to make c9 a euro team OPTIC 2
2018-08-17 05:32
Of course euro teams make sense, they are always a lot better than SA/NA teams can ever be
2018-08-17 07:14
cyx | 
Canada CyxDEADLOL 
Eu hasn’t win a major for a year
2018-08-17 14:50
 | 
Poland Astoner55 
NA hasn't won a major for 5 years before the c9 fluke.
2018-08-17 14:58
I was just trolling, the NA scene has been looking pretty decent and a bit of a fan of Liquid
2018-08-17 15:29
Seriously? He's good enough for mousesports, so it makes no sense that a star player would want to move to NA, regardless if C9 can pay his buyout. I don't think mousesports needs another move, they're just fine rn.
2018-08-17 06:05
Bruh, you do know that he just finished 11th grade (there are 12 in total) right? He didn't at first even want to go to mouz, because he wants to finish school before any big time commitments. They made it work with mouz, but definitely not going overseas.
2018-08-17 07:21
he is in 11th grade now,noth 12th
2018-08-17 14:57
ropz didnt even finnish school and wont move to na for a worse team and for worse salary and be alone without his gf and familly . do u have a brain
2018-08-17 14:53
He's not a good fit. Auti is a luker, Ropz the same. It's useless to have 2 lurkers.
2018-08-17 14:58
 | 
Switzerland veach 
why on earth would he join a worse team
2018-08-17 15:17
XeqtR | 
Hong Kong wqnxy1 
why would he downgrade lol
2018-08-17 15:30
Ropz overrate shit player.
2018-08-17 15:53
I think if C9 will sign someone it will be some american duo like before with Tarik and Rush. One player wont fix their team. Best thing that can happen for them is that Skadoodle will start to play good again they keep Autimatic and Rush and bring two new good players from NA. Maybe Nitro will end up in C9 if Coldzera will go to Liquid..
2018-08-17 18:32
That’s definitely another possibility
2018-08-17 19:54
 | 
Austria db42 
i see c9 dying and liquid maybe switching someone from tl with rush or autimatic.
2018-08-17 22:36
No way ropz is leaving without suNny They are best bromance in CS scene
2018-08-17 21:08
No
2018-08-17 21:11
why go to worse team ?
2018-08-17 22:37
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.