Thread has been deleted
Last comment
audio is broken
Netherlands superappelflap 
Ever since valve have started to implement HRTF, with every patch, the audio positioning has gotten worse. Its now to the point where for me the game is literally unplayable. There are more bugs and mistakes than I can count. To name a few: 1. When people switch weapons or to grenades, I can hear the toggle sound that they should only hear themselves. Other people have this to. It means you cannot pop flash yourself around a corner any more, people hear it, they always turn. 2. When people are behind a wall, sometimes I cant hear sound, sometimes I can. For example on cache if you are just besides toxic, you should be able to hear people when they drop from vents, but if you are a little bit behind a wall you cant hear them. on Inferno A site, if I sit in the site in a 1v1, I cannot hear the other guy run around the site even though he is only 5 meters away from me at worst. Because of the wall. I can only hear him when he is all the way around and peeking from short. This is fucking up the game balance. It makes the game more random and less skill based. I have no idea why valve would do this except that they legitimately hate their community. 3. Since legacy audio was removed, its impossible to turn off audio post processing, which means it sounds completely different when someone shoots the same weapon in front or behind or above or below you. This is extremely distracting and it completely fucks up my ability to place sounds at the right angle and distance. 4. This is the worst one. Currently sounds are sometimes playing in the COMPLETELY WRONG position. You will hear people who are 10m behind you as if they are 1m to your right. You will hear things that are actually happening behind you as if they are mirrored to the front. This gets me killed now at least 5 times every match. I have talked to ppl I have played with and some confirmed that their audio is also broken.
2018-10-08 13:22
 | 
Czech Republic fnx_2_majors 
+1
2018-10-08 13:24
is there any setting that i can change to make it less shit so i can play again?
2018-10-08 13:30
 | 
i dunno man, i don't hear shit and i am used to it, sadly
2018-10-08 13:37
for me getting used to this is not an option
2018-10-08 13:39
 | 
do you have a good headset? (i guess u do) i think you should reset audio options to default and have your windows volume 100, so you are not losing information
2018-10-08 13:42
default audio options are not an option, that means stereo sound with hrtf, i cannot play like that. I have a surround headset that has always given me perfect audio positioning in every other game in the history of gaming. cs is the only game where its off. i have, before valve started fucking shit up, spent about 1000 hours of playtime trying different settings to get it set up somewhat decently. here is my audio config windows_speaker_config "5" snd_use_hrtf "0" snd_hwcompat "1" snd_mixahead "0.01" snd_front_surround_speaker_position "60" snd_rear_surround_speaker_position "120" snd_surround_speaker_pan_exponent "1" snd_surround_speaker_pan_radial_weight "0" voice_scale "0.2" snd_musicvolume "0" changing snd_hwcompat to 0 makes the post processing less, so thats good, but i still hear sound in the wrong spots
2018-10-08 13:52
 | 
you can just play on Stereo Headphones, and i don't think any config would fix the problems you mentioned, csgo is broken
2018-10-08 14:00
stereo is even more unplayable than current broken 5.1. you cant hear whether something is in front or behind you, and the post processing is even worse than with surround.
2018-10-08 14:02
 | 
most of players just play stereo imo, you can clearly hear if something is in front or behind you honestly
2018-10-08 14:05
you can now that they force post processing but that fucks up the positioning of the audio. the only good setting for me is 5.1 surround without post processing. im pretty sure the issue with audio playing in the wrong spot will persist if i switch to stereo, because ppl i played with who have stereo also have this problem, so the game is unplayable atm.
2018-10-08 14:06
 | 
ok
2018-10-08 14:07
pls someone help its literally unplayable
2018-10-08 13:36
I think you're supposed to hear the pin of the flashbang going off close distance
2018-10-08 13:58
 | 
it depends on the surface you stand on somehow
i can hear when ppl switch from weapon to any grenade, or back, before they pull any pins, in certain spots. if you know the spots you cannot get flashed any more in this game version.
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.