Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Swedish Scene
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
It is probably hard to not see that the Swedish scene has declined over the last year, even though Fnatic have a few great Championships in them this year. From the start of CS Pro scene Sweden have been a force to be reckoned with. But as of now NiP is ranked 8th and Fnatic is ranked 25th. After that there are some decent teams but it doesn't seem like there is anything exceptional happening in the lower tiers of Swedish CS:GO. There are a few organisations that actually help Swedes with their gameplay and their teams and tournaments but that haven't helped enough... YET! So is the Swedish scene too big for two teams? As of now there are good players in both two big teams but also players who doesn't really seem to be good enough for the top spots. So would it be better for the Swedish Scene to do like many other countries and just have one "Obvious" number one or is it better to have a rivalry? Take Australia for instance. There are definitely talent and some interesting up'n'comming teams there but most players just wanna go to Renegades. That's what their goal is, to win trophies with Renegades. In Ukraine most players aim to become Na'Vi players or at least meet Na'Vi and show them that they are almost as good. But in Sweden the talents will get divided between two teams, and what happens when all the "oldies" retire? As of now no big names in Sweden seem to be close to retirement but can we say that about JW, f0rest, Get_Right, Flusha, Krimz and Olof in 6 months? Is it enough talent in the Swedish scene to keep two teams top 30 and have both team aim for the number 1 spot? Take Red Reserve as of now. They know they are like a youth team to the others and get picked off one at a time (Twizt moved recently and Brollan is on his way). RR can probably remain almost the same rank for some time even after losing their greatest players, but they can't aim for more, which means the players have to go somewhere else for the bigger scene. NiP lineup right now is quite good but that doesn't mean they have the best players in Sweden. JW and Krimz still play for Fnatic and Olof and a few others play for international teams. So, without team loyalty and fandom, wouldn't it be better for the Swedish CS:GO scene to see NiP as #1, Fnatic as #2 and Red Reserve as #3 instead of having two teams fighting for that top spot that creates a rivalry that only works as long as Sweden is among the top 3 countries in the world? Sorry for long post, just a though
2018-10-16 11:21
Didnt read but agreed
2018-10-16 11:21
 | 
Lithuania 7000won 
+1
2018-10-16 12:27
Monkey | 
African Union ramrod 
+1
Did read but agree
2018-10-16 11:24
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
So you say it would be better with one team in the top and not have this weird rivalry? I would love to see f0rest, Flusha, JW, Olof and Krimz play together, but sadly that won't happen
2018-10-16 12:00
Ofc i'd like all the swedish players to come together to make a good team but they won't :/ JW, krimz, gtr, olof, forest
2018-10-16 19:04
 | 
Europe p1peb0mb 
dude only gtr,dennis,f0rest,xizt and to an extent olof are old. everyone else is young. they have long way to before even think about retiring. their current form is bad, skill is still there. everyone can bounce back just like krimz did this year. there are not much young talents in sweden atm but others are not old yet.
2018-10-16 11:29
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
Yeah true, and if it is something 2018 have been about it is "old" players getting tired of playing the same way all the time. Some can adjust and find the joy again but most just try to find their way back to their form. Players like Flusha, Byali, Pasha, Neo, Snax, Styko, Rush, Skadoodle, etc, are just having difficulties finding the joy that is needed to play on instinct. When it comes to age I only know f0rest age and he is the living proof that age is not important in esports. But wouldn't it be better for the youngsters of Swedish CS to just aim to become NiP stars instead of having this weird rivalry that just divides the talents into two brackets? What happens when you pick the wrong one and lose your edge and your joy? Take Rez - He clearly did the right call to go to NiP instead of Fnatic (don't think that there was any chance of him going there) while players like Draken didn't do the right call, lost his edge, lost his joy and ended up being benched by both teams! Or take Lekr0 who was great in Fnatic but didn't find his place there but was luckily given another chance in NiP.
2018-10-16 11:32
 | 
Europe p1peb0mb 
don't put flusha,snax,rush among those players. they can bounce back they are in their carrer worst form. flusha was a top player 10 player 6 months ago. flusha was great in godsent, then became bad with fnatic. after olof left, flusha became great again and in 6 months he became bad. its shows that only form is bad. may be chance in scenery in c9 can bring back flusha. same goes with snax.he was a top 5 player for 3 years but for last year he is bad. he can get his form back if he gets a suitable role in a good stable team. rush never had same peak as flusha or snax.he is an average player. hltv.org/stats/players/events/7805/RUSH?.. but players like pasha,neo,gtr are not. they have been in poor form for a long time and they are older than these players.they can retire but not other players.
2018-10-16 11:48
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
I hope Flusha will get back. He and Pasha are my favorite players of all time. Snax was godmode until VP made the worst ORG decision ever: Benching TaZ. After that everyone in VP started losing their joy, the whole team became toxic and people started to leave and now PapaBiceps is talking about retirement. I mentioned these players because I see more potential in them than they have been performing ever since the summer break. I don't say Rush is a top player of the world I am just saying that his spirit and current mood makes him play worse than he should. I think GTR is too smart player to ever be bad, the problem with them have been trying to get Rez to perform and getting Lekr0 to find his role as an IGL. That have taken a lot of focus from the team play and it seems like Dennis and GTR are the ones who have declined mostly because of this.
2018-10-16 11:47
Didnt read but disagreed
2018-10-16 11:26
 | 
Ukraine Arztyy 
Stop reading this after «Swedish scene» Swedish cs is dead. /closed
2018-10-16 11:28
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
That is more or less what the post is about, why it feels dead and a possible solution to fix the Swedish CS:GO Scene! Because there are at least 7 Swedish players that belong in top 10 teams of the world, but they are now scattered all over the place because of this two-team scene
2018-10-16 11:33
 | 
Sweden Iveexx 
Would be great to see the swedish scene become great again but it is like you say, two teams who pick upcoming and "unshaped" talent. Look at draken for example a upcoming talent who played for both NiP and FNC and got benched by both teams. I don't know how he was treated but I for sure was excited to see new blood in the teams and yeah he didn't perform the way they wanted so they benched insted of guiding him and have someone like f0rest or JW to mentor him... Feels like a waste..... (Excuse my spelling)
2018-10-16 11:28
If anything fnatic should be #1 and NiP #2. NiP wont do shit until they sign a real IGL (hampus). fnatic wont do shit with Xizt on the team. He also wont get cut easily since according to JW he is the best signjng they have done in the last few years. You would have to cut both if you want to kick xizt I think. But lets make it a bit easier - I dont see any swedish team fighting for #1 without flusha and olofmeister in the team. I know that flusha sucks right now but we saw at IEM Katowice 2018 that he can still play godlike when needed. The swedish scene basically has to pray that he comes back otherweise they will forever stay out in the top 3. Just make the swedish superteam in Cloud9 - kick the americans and add olofmeister (FaZe is in shambles anyway), KRiMZ (would leave fnatic for sure for this team) and draken or twist. If this doesnt workout switch Golden for hampus.
2018-10-16 11:33
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
I would enjoy Fnatic being the #1 in Sweden but I can't see that happening soon. Ever since Golden and Lekr0 left Fnatic have declined and it doesn't seem to be because of the players but more about the attitude and the joy. NiP currently have a better IGL than Fnatic and he is just new to the role but already do it quite well. Hampus is just like every other good Swedish IGL (Bad fragger, bad impact player but great caller), but I don't see him being better than Lekr0 or Golden to be honest. Xizt is the protogé of cArn so I am fairly certain (I've been wrong before about this) that Xizt won't leave until cArn does. And even if he did leave, who would they bring in instead? Golden is getting so much more positive feedback from C9 than he ever did in Fnatic, Lekr0 won't come back, Hampus is, as mentioned above, not good enough player to be IGL for a top team. Olof will probably not leave Faze clan soon. It will probably be some huge International shuffle in late spring 2019 and then he might leave, but until then I don't see it happening. Would he go to either C9 or Fnatic? Can a Swedish team be top 3 in the world without f0rest (as of now)? I love Flusha as a player, he and Pasha is why I started playing the game and why I watch as many matches as I have time to, but I don't see him getting top performance in an all swedish team again. Under Golden he might, but he won't play with Krimz for a while, he will not join NiP, so who would he play with? It would be C9 with Golden, Flusha, Olof, JW and perhaps Rez or Freddieb. That might be a good enough team for top 5 positions as long as Flusha doesn't berate the team players. But I doubt it. I also doubt C9 leaving their base in US.
2018-10-16 11:42
 | 
India stiwa5k 
Optic went on to become full eu with the danes, let's hope c9 cN revive the swedish scene
2018-10-16 11:47
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
Did Optic have their CS:GO players live together? Because C9 did (does?) do that. There are multiple orgs that have changed scene, I just don't believe C9 will be one of them.
2018-10-16 11:48
I think Lekr0 as IGL is so overrated. If NiP still plays on this level until IEM Katowice 2019 then I will change my mind I guess but I dont think fpl strats will make NiP good for a long time. hampus is not a bad fragger lol. I think we can all agree that all other swedish IGLs already showed what they got except for hampus. I think its worth a try if you want a swedish team as #1 team. Honestly I think FaZe is just a time bomb where everyone could leave. There were already rumours about rain making a norwegian team. I also dont see this FaZe lineup playing good again especially with NiKo leading. Can a swedish team without f0rest be top 3? Yes for sure lol. I think flusha can come back. I wouldnt count the time under Xizt that much since the team was qute bad to that time internally. Why would he not play with KRiMZ? Yeah I also dont really think that Cloud9 will stop being american anytime soon but a man can dream.
2018-10-16 12:07
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
I disagree. I think Lekr0 and Golden are two of the most underrated IGL's in the scene. Sadly they're not in the top anymore but both teams are moving forward. It also fits my narrative of what seems to be the second biggest mistake an ORG made in 2018 (#1 is VP benching TaZ and #2 is Fnatic letting Lekr0 and Golden leave). I watched RR yesterday and I didn't understand him at all and he just seemed to be off all the time. Brollan and Freddie carried them to OT in last map. When it was OT the IGL role is more obvious and they lost convincingly. I know a lot of people share your thoughts on FaZe but I am not one of them. I think 3 people are safe and will stay until late spring 2019 and depending on results they will have a review then. Guardian, Niko and Olof will stay in Faze, Rain and Kerrigan might be leaving soon. I would love to talk about a possible Norwegian team but this is not the place for that, if you got a thread for that just send me there. Can they be top 3 as of now? In the future sure, but the quickest way to top3 must be with f0rest. ok, the Flusha/Krimz issue is something that started during DH Stockholm. Flusha lost his cool and became toxic, it became so bad that Krimz rumoured to go to FaZe. Before Flusha left Fnatic everyone just assumed it was because of Draken but after the move this "issue" has been confirmed by Krimz, Flusha and JW. If Flusha can stop being toxic he might be able to play with Krimz again but I don't think it is likely they will play together again because of the risk of internal fights. Yeah. one can dream. But that would just mean 3 Swedish top teams and would that be better for the Swedish scene?
2018-10-16 12:16
Its way too early to say that Lekr0 is underrated as IGL. For how many events is he leading yet? 4? Like I said if NiP is able to stay in this form then we can talk about it again. VP kicking TaZ had to happen because of what happened inside the team. I wouldnt count it as a mistake. I wouldnt count much of RR right now because they still have a standin, brollan is leaving and there were always internal rumours about kicking disco doplan. I dont judge IGLs if they play with a broken team especially if its just a farm team like RR. I also dont think they will do a 100% disband but I think changes will happen eventually and should happen. I can see a world where olofmeister leaves to play with a swedish team. Sadly there is also not much to talk about the norwegian scene since jkaem wont leave Renegades any time soon. The flusha toxic thing is overplayed. I think in a new environment with only KRiMZ instead of the other three players to that time it will be different. Also KRiMZ was NEVER rumored to go to FaZe at any point except for people on HLTV wanting it to happen. If we have my C9 swedish superteam then we have a clear #1 swedish team, NiP as #2 since they dont change and a mix out of fnatic and RR as #3. Doesnt sound bad to me.
2018-10-16 13:27
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
ok - lets agree on Lekr0, too early to tell, but I still feel he isn't bad for a "new" IGL. NiP still only have 4 players and Dennis, so perhaps they can become even better if they bring in a better player or get him back in form. But I doubt that since he is supposed to be dedicated AWP:er and there are no better AWP:ers available in the Swedish scene... unless some talent play in lower tier that I don't know of. So you say the problems started before TaZ got benched? As far as I know they first benched TaZ and then Snax, Byali and Papa stopped enjoying the game. I have understood it that all changes in VP this fall is a chain of events after TaZ left and that Kinguin has become much more stable and better ever since TaZ joined. I think he is great for morale and good enough player to play in the top tiers. yeah, RR is just a farm team. But it seems like no matter who they bring in they stay quite consistent in their performance. Twist feels bad so they change him for Radifaction and still performs well. Brollan will most likely leave this month and be replaced by some player from ex6. Disco had some major problems, both in-game and with his technology yesterday so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets benched soon. I am sceptical about Olof going all swedish even though I believe it would benefit him. For being a swede his english isn't that good. I guess FaZe clan is trying to hold on tight to their top players right now while it is storming alot around the team. But if Guardian or Niko leaves Olof have no real reason to stay more than loyalty. ok lets take Norway for short, how would that team look? Rain, Cromen, Radifaction...? Then what? Do they have an AWP:er? Do they have an IGL? It would be great for the norwegian scene and for the nordic scene, but would it be a top 30 team? Would it be good enough for Rain? I don't think so. Krimz has said he doesn't wanna play with toxic people anymore and I don't think he would risk it with players like Draken or Flusha. would that help the Swedish scene though? And would that c9 easily become better than NiP?
2018-10-16 14:26
dennis is going in first most of the time so I can partly understand his stats. He isnt a main AWPer at all though. VP always had problems but it became even more heavy after DH Masters Las Vegas when they started to suck. They should have changed earlier already. Honestly I think RR will kick disco doplan and add Relaxa and FREDDyFROG. Maybe they wont continue playing with Radifaction. Dont think olofmeisters english is bad but you are the swede not me. I just know there was already a good chance this year that he would go back to sweden. Really no idea how that team would look like. It have to has zEVES as only IGL in. If you want an AWPer you take Marcelious. Then you have rain and jkaem as entry and 2nd entry. Support would be RUBINO I guess but cromen and Radifaction are too good to not be in that team. Apparently there were rumours already that rain is interested in going back to norway so why not? I think that team would be top 20. I dont think draken was toxic. It was just flusha imo and I think KRiMZ will forget about that soon. Yes and yes. I dont see NiP becoming much better. DH Masters Stockholm 2018 and the major were the peak of this lineup imo.
2018-10-16 18:31
 | 
India stiwa5k 
Make that c9 swede dream team happen right noww
2018-10-16 11:44
Imo the main problem in Sweden is lack of good awpers and good igls...
2018-10-16 12:12
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
Agreed. They have multiple good AWP:ers but those players are even better with rifles (JW, f0rest). And the IGLs are either inexperienced as IGLs (Lekr0 and Xizt) or as a pro player (Hampus and Golden). I think Golden might be one of the most underrated IGL's of the top scene but he is too bad fragger and impacter to be playing in a top tier team. If he can fix that he will be a great IGL. Sadly he now play with a team filled with unsatisfied players who doesn't enjoy playing.
2018-10-16 12:19
Xizt isn't inexperienced as an igl at all. He plays as igl since 1.6 when carn stepped down. He is just one dimensional and outdated but definitely not inexperienced
2018-10-16 12:23
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
Partially true, yes. But before his move to Fnatic, when was the last time he was IGL? 2 years ago? More? He is a decent IGL on T-side but what have happened to Fnatic in CT side after Xizt came to the team?
2018-10-16 12:26
If there is #1 it'll probably be fnatic as the org has a lot more money.
2018-10-16 12:25
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
Doesn't really matter. I just picked NiP because of the long history and that they are 17 ranks above Fnatic atm.
nice
2018-10-16 19:06
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.