Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Friberg
 | 
Finland saunamdma 
When I watch him play now, he seems to have silver movement and bad aim, what happened?
2018-10-21 23:23
age happened
2018-10-21 23:24
shox | 
Serbia ravi0ll1 
a small factor is his physical age, the problem is him being washed up, having other things in life as he is older and having less motivation to grind and become better as he achieved a lot, won a major and was mvp of it and is prob really bored of the game. Just does it for the paycheck
2018-10-21 23:26
 | 
Cyprus Swishh_ 
so basically age happened like he said
2018-10-22 00:32
shox | 
Serbia ravi0ll1 
Yeah but I wanted to clear it up saying that actual physical age plays a really minor part
2018-10-22 02:11
nitr0 | 
Canada Surzz 
not really. it's more about motivation.
2018-10-27 12:10
Good argument.
2018-10-22 00:49
realised that he cant play cs whole life
fingers are so fat so he press two keys at the same time
underrated comment
2018-10-21 23:38
like ur country
2018-10-21 23:38
Not really, this country can only be overrated.
2018-10-27 12:05
reported
2018-10-22 00:23
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
nt muhammed
2018-10-22 08:50
 | 
Sweden deadvein 
Asperger and lefthanded
2018-10-21 23:27
People with Aspergers tend to lock-on and fixate on things that interest them. You kind of self rekt by trying to use an insult that would actually be a massive benefit.
2018-10-22 02:54
 | 
Sweden deadvein 
People with Aspergers tend to lock-on and fixate on things that interest them. You kind of self rekt by trying to use an insult that would actually be a massive benefit.
2018-10-22 02:55
really fribbe is left handed? I am too.. still play mouse with the right hand and yeah find it difficult to be consistent aim whise in cs
2018-10-22 09:59
 | 
Sweden deadvein 
He has his weapon on the left side of the screen, it's fucking retarded
2018-10-22 16:41
its not it depends on your eye dominance I dont remember but when I did the test, I was supposed to have it default, weapon on right but my eye dominance was a majority the majority of GO players should have it on left
2018-10-22 16:58
 | 
Sweden deadvein 
It looks retarded if you have your mouse on the right side and the weapon on the left, I can't watch those players, but it maybe helps people with asperger idk.
2018-10-22 17:03
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32 
The greatest killer in all of the universe: Time...
2018-10-21 23:28
It's kinda sad
2018-10-21 23:32
 | 
Oh, absolutely... however, he is immortalised in CS:GO history with numerous accolades not even the worlds best players today have. :) A CS:GO Major winning champion and MVP, top 5 player in the world of 2012 and 2013, the "king of banana", the greatest entry-fragger ever, the gentle giant, etc... Saddening is his declination, but his career is far from over friend. :)
2018-10-21 23:36
Even creators of game made a sign for him on map mobile.twitter.com/nipgaming/status/7857..
2018-10-21 23:39
 | 
North America LedwigCS 
I think it is more than just time. F0rest, device, olofmeister, and others have been carrying on just fine hasn't he even with so much time passing, I think he lost the drive to win that used to fuel NiP so much. They're the old and experienced players and he's seen and done it all already. There isn't much more of the game to him than just a salary and he isn't playing with players like Brollan, Ropz, etc. who are the youngest of the scene and have managed to put motivation back into people like JW who was heading down the same path as Friberg. I hope the King of Banana can find someone to spark him up again so we can see one more great run <3
2018-10-22 00:46
Friburger is rusty
2018-10-21 23:30
Sadokist | 
Myanmar xdcc 
no this is hltv.org/player/10784/RuStY he will be joining red reserve most likely.
2018-10-22 00:34
 | 
Sweden Hoonken 
Would be nice
2018-10-22 00:57
 | 
Sweden Hoonken 
Redreserve anounce somting later today
2018-10-22 00:57
so rusty
2018-10-22 01:04
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
NiP with him, f0rest, xizt, fifflaren and GeT_RiGhT was just something else... None of the other 4 guys were ever the same after removing fifflaren for maikel. You can say whatever you want, "9/44, bad player", but to me, removing fifflaren was one of the worst roster changes in the history of CSGO, alongside FaZe removing kioshima for olof or SK getting in Stewie...
2018-10-21 23:34
 | 
I wouldn't say "worst" given fifflaren was notably a player declining very hard, he himself noticed and chose to retire from professional CS. I'd definitely say it is single-handedly the most impacting roster-change to ever happen in CS:GO, though.
2018-10-21 23:37
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
Hey Jonty, long time no see! There's my #17 reply that is interesting to point out. Fifflaren himself wanted to retire, but GeT_RiGhT said before on a stream "Fifflaren is the best teammate i've ever had, don't know why people hate him so much. He does so much work for us being the scenes, it's insane", something along those lines. People only look at kills, and maikelele didn't bring as much as fifflaren's gap-to-fill took...
2018-10-21 23:49
 | 
I replied in full below, it's a pleasure to see you once more, friend. :) Long time no see indeed! :D What's it been? A year, maybe two? Hope you're well wherever you are currently. :D
2018-10-21 23:57
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
Yeah, it's possibly been that long. :D I hope you're doing fine and will always, as I always did. Always nice to still see you around here :D
2018-10-22 00:07
 | 
Likewise, friend. :) Added you to my profile immediately and I hope to see more of you. :D Have a great day, friend. <3
2018-10-22 00:12
what the fuck did i just witness
2018-10-22 01:02
shox | 
Serbia ravi0ll1 
Big gay JK you saw two friendly and nice humans on hltv
2018-10-22 02:24
what the fuck are you talking about, -fliffaren was the best roster move, since they added maikelele they started to play very well again
2018-10-21 23:40
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
Look at the 3 star players from NiP back then. You have friberg, one of the best entries at the time, but a brain dead entry-fragger, you have f0rest, the best support player in the world at the time, but also a all aim no brain player, and GeT_RiGhT, the lurker who did everything by himself. Then you had Xizt, a solid supporter, and Fifflaren, who AWPed and IGL. The thing about that NiP, that made them so good, was that Fifflaren was a genious strat-caller, and Xizt was also a great caller, so they were micro-managing friberg and f0rest's every move every round, and Xizt wasn't having that much impact in his stats, while friberg was the best he's ever been, and f0rest was... well, the best supporter in the world, maybe best there ever was. When fifflaren left, sure they got more firepower with maikel (not much tho), but friberg and f0rest declined a bit too. They'd never lose that DHW 2014 major final if they kept fifflaren a bit longer..
2018-10-21 23:47
 | 
I completely agree here... As one of the few who has watched CS:GO since it's iteration, fiffy bought something to the team that no other player in the history has ever bought to any team: Confidence. f0rest and GTR simply didn't miss shots with fifflaren on the team and he exuded confidence in them despite him not being the best fragger in the world. You could see it on their faces at Cologne 2014, fiffy in the Gunnar's smiling like the world around him had cheered, you could see it meant so much more to both fiffy and GTR more than the other players. NiP has never been the same since fiffy left and to this day, it's a void they have never been able to fill. Fifflaren had impact into the rounds even if the scoreboards didn't show it.,. It's a shame he chose to make such an impending decision that would affect the team for the rest of their lives. That aside, fifflaren was notably not the best fragger... I think Maikelele had great impact in DH Winter 2014 and the overall fifflaren made the right decision. As much as I love the guy and NiP, it was better for worse in the long run. He tried full-time IGL, but everyone was so used to Xizt calling with fiffy that the team felt lost, they got trounced by VP, Titan and Dignitas.
2018-10-21 23:56
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
It's true Maikel brought some needed firepower to the team, but with fiffy there chemistry was just on a whole another level, and when you have 3 players playing so well as friberg, f0rest and GeT_RiGhT did, you don't need another star player. No more than 3 players can be consistently world class in any given team. They felt lost at that T side on Overpass, against a team that had lost against Fnatic the day before... I think I might've even cried watching that game, I knew NiP was no longer the same, I knew new teams would start so take over. I knew what would come, maikel would be replaced, and then the next player, and the next... There are players that just bring some sort of magical power to a team, and Fiffy was the biggest example of that in the history of the game. He just read the game too well and helped everyone out, even if Xizt was igleading, he was doing important work and talk and motivating the team. Having that in a team is worth more than 20 frags/map...
2018-10-22 00:11
shox | 
Serbia ravi0ll1 
This. People don't realize this aspect of team building and chemistry and only look at stats, judging things by the surface only.
2018-10-22 02:29
Agree in some points, but i think friberg started to declined since allu joined them (like june/2015), f0rest played very well at dhw 2014, if nip had won that major f0rest would have been the mvp, also before fifflaren left nip, they tried him as a fulltime igl and it didn't work well, losing against tier3 teams and the last map 16-1 against titan
2018-10-21 23:54
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
Of course f0rest played well after fifflaren left, he's an amazing aimer, and guys like that will always frag a lot. Question is, were those frags as essential as the ones he had before, opening bombsites, letting the team slide in, so GTR would cut rotations elsewhere, sacrificing xizt and fifflaren to stay in post plant positions, or were they just general frags, without having much chemistry with the opening lines (changing a player, especially such a big difference, makes the team suffer), and be forced to open a lot widder, so maikel can post good angles? (And openning wide for a supporter that doesn't know what is doing is suicide, because f0rest isn't a smart player like, say, Edward or Xyp9x to do those things) Having a supportive AWPer or an aggressive, star AWPer is too different..
2018-10-22 00:18
The reason why f0rest was the "best support player in the world" at that time was because he wasnt a support player (mainly), he was the 2nd entry. He was the guy who cleaned up what friberg didnt kill basically. fifflaren was in no way a "genious strat-caller". You can call Ex6TenZ in 2013 like that but not fifflaren. The reason why NiP was so good was because of the teamplay they had and because they had the best two players for most of the time when they were at the top (at least top 3 when shox joined VG). fifflaren and Xizt werent really micromanaging friberg and especially not f0rest. Again, you can say that about VeryGames but not about NiP. NiP played way simplier. It also wasnt required for them to micromanage since they had such great teamplay and firepower. If fifflaren didnt leave NiP then they wouldnt even made playoffs at the major lol. NiP was before ESL One Cologne 2014 already declining and missing playoffs of some tournaments but after the major it got way worse. Adding Maikelele was the best thing they could do.
2018-10-22 00:07
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
They only missed the play-off at ESWC 2014, which was a month before the major, and you can argue they were focused on it. Trading him for maikel 3 weeks before the major was suicide. F0rest didn't need to support (throw grenades and stuff) because, well, fifflaren did that. Switching from a supportive AWPer to an aggressive, star AWPer is a huge difference and pressure relies on the supportive player. Basically, everyone lost in the team, f0rest needed to be more of a supporter and make room for maikelele, instead of having fifflaren making room for him, friberg didn't have f0rest always behind to trade, and didn't have fifflaren and xizt's strategic and coordinated utility usage to enter the sites, and GeT_RiGhT didn't have as much of an impact cutting rotations, because a good AWPer will just sit still anywhere holding angles, while fifflaren would just join the team on the site and just do whatever he could to make sure f0rest/friberg were in the key positions, which forced a lot more rotations, and that's what a lurker relies on. Not to talk about the coordination, chemistry the team had with fifflaren, the motivation and understanding of the game he had, and the way he studied the other teams. Like GTR said, he did a lot of behind the scenes work for them. Even not being the main caller, he was responsible for loads of decisions in-game, and after he left, everything was left in the hands of Xizt and Xizt alone. No more than 3 players can be consistently world class in any given team, so why change when friberg, f0rest and GTR were playing like monsters?
2018-10-22 00:31
They missed two playoffs before Cologne and two after that: gyazo.com/d27c833f7f97d1bd066e5333d370ad.. I dont believe for a second that NiP was focused for a month on the major. Even in 2018 for the last major teams barely started practicing at the end of August after the player break. You said f0rest is the best support player of all time possibly while fifflaren was on the team. Now you say he didnt need to support because fifflaren did that? It wasnt also really f0rest who had to support for Maikelele. Not much changed for him and friberg who were still 2nd entry and entry. Xizt had to support a bit more, yeah but thats really it with the big stuff. Why change when the 3 were playing like monsters? Because one monster wasnt playing like a monster anymore: hltv.org/stats/players/events/7148/fribe..
2018-10-22 00:38
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
5-8th is Quarter-Finalist, which is play-off. They were eliminated in the lower-bracket semi-finals by VP at ESEA Season 16 and by dignitas (now Astralis) on Gfinity 3. They were only knocked-out in groups on DH-Stockholm 2014, losing to both Titan (who would eventually win the tournment) and LDLC (who'd make it to the finals), both in best of 1s, and ESWC, which was pretty terrible really, hence why they replaced him, but they were knocked-out by Titan eventually, which isn't bad, seen as they were probably the best team in the world at the time, but slipping twice (in bo1s) against a shitty team and ange1's HR was, it seems like... I consider the 2nd entry as a support player, for me a team has entry, awper and lurker (star players), supporter and igl (supportive players). If the igl is a star player, then the team has 2 support players. It's wrong, yes, because some use the term "2nd entry", but to me the 2nd entry is still a supportive player for the entry-frag, even if all he does is occasionally throw a pop flash and give him confidence cause "you have someone behind to trade, just run in and open stuff for me pls". But some teams have structures that don't make their entry or awp or lurker the star player, and that makes the supporter the star (like Taco, entry, while cold, supporter, was the star). Fifflaren not being a major fragger meant f0rest could be, and it's nice having people playing for you (some people call that baiting). friberg was the MVP of the major. After winning the major, every team relaxes a bit and doesn't practice, dev1ce said that last year when they won the major they were shit cause they stopped practicing. I don't think because of 2 bad tournments you can say that friberg would underperform consistently...
2018-10-22 00:54
Oh I totally forgot that that tournament wasnt like the Gfinitys of 2015. But still even though they made playoffs barely by just winning 5 rounds over 5 maps more than Epsilon this wasnt a good result at all. ESEA S16 had no group stage so they basically made "playoffs" just by attending but come on you know what I mean. They only shrouds team at that event. Titan was in no way the best team at that moment. fnatic was #1. Still you list so many teams that beat NiP. Doesnt that show you that they were declining hard? Entry is a star player? The entry has the hardest task to do which is just going in first to get info and maybe get a kill. I dont remember right now teams which have entrys as star players but thats also maybe because its 1 am right now for me and I am not able to think that well anymore. Because the 2nd entry/support how you call it can trade and clean up THEY are the star players. Of course two events dont say much but given how he played in 2015 it was just the start. NiP lost against why too many different teams. Something had to happen.
2018-10-22 01:06
Ex6TenZ | 
Portugal lvr1 
Dupreeh, device and magisk are the stars in astralis, they are entry, awp and lurker. Flamie, s1mple and electronic are the starts in NaVi, they are entry, awp and lurker. Sunny, oskar and ropz are the stars in mouz, they are entry, lurker and supporter. What makes entries the star is that supporters need to throw perfect grenades, so they go in while everyone is blind and get freedom to push a lot. Meanwhile, a supporter does what he's told by whoever he supports. A classic example was olof and KrimZ. KrimZ would do anything to make olof confortable, olof was the entry but you'd see krimz going in first almost every time there were no grenades and olof trading. Even if they were declining, I think it's just dumb to change a player that has a completely different style than the one he's replacing 3 weeks from the major...
2018-10-22 13:58
shox | 
Serbia ravi0ll1 
I miss that feared shox. He truly hasn't been the same player since 2017. His game now is do incredibly underwhelming, lackluster and impactless comparing it to 2013 or 2016. He seems as he doesn't have the hunger or confidence in his game right now, like he doesn't thrive anymore to improve and is just a family man playing with his best friends for a paycheck, he lost that blood seeking beast touch he once had. The control his skill had over the Game at times was uncontestable. We can still see his skill at times ( which still isn't on the desired level BTW ) but he really doesn't put it to use well enough
2018-10-22 02:50
Feels like most of the greatest players of 3+ years ago do that sadly.
2018-10-22 07:26
Actually removing fiffy was the right move. I mean cmon before cologne they looked anything but themselves and also after the major the same can be said. Their colgone win is also arguably one of the weakest runs in major history...
2018-10-22 09:55
 | 
United States TriHardSeven 
He's probably tired of grinding day in and day out.
2018-10-21 23:42
if he grind like a 18years old player he will become good but 99% of old players they spend their time living their life they don't care about cs
2018-10-22 08:19
Snax | 
Finland Sandels 
2018-10-22 09:02
 | 
Poland henlo 
oo friborg best entyrfagger 1v7 situatoin he gets de sprey friborg insaen
2018-10-22 09:57
i had to laugh, don't know why, but i had to
2018-10-27 12:11
 | 
Sweden Maddafakka 
I love Friberg but he was never a great player. He was always decent. No more, no less.
2018-10-22 10:03
Are you sure something happened? CS is such a young game with small player base that it is normal for new way better players to turn up when more and more kids play the game because its now a gateway to being rich.
2018-10-22 10:04
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.