Thread has been deleted
Last comment
another s1mple vs dev1ce thread
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
Astralis fans = new Baitzilians These cunts try so incredibly fucking hard, it's insane. I'm about to go on a tangent. s1mple>dev1ce by far in terms of individual skill Ast>Na'Vi by quite a bit Astralis have incredible teamplay. Undeniably. The way they pretty much perfectly utalize nades and other utility to put themselves at an advantage, is fucking insane to me. Definitely the best team to analyze, by far. They have, at this point, pretty much solved CS, playing a much more passive although very stragetic game. The problem arises when you realize: the only even remotely flashy player on that team is dupreeh, and the structured playstyle of Ast only weakens his flashiness(?) Na'Vi, on the other hand, rely a lot more on individual performances, and it would be such a fucking lie to say that s1mple and electronic aren't two of the biggest carries in cs history, being the only players that seem to be doing a fucking thing on the roster. s1mple does not pull teams apart. He does not provoke bad chemistry. That's in the past, undoubtedly. You cannot possibly expect s1mple to perform at the level he did for much longer. It is, from a historical standpoint, almost impossible for him to keep playing like he did in s4, or marseille, because noone has ever done it before. My problem with dev1ce is, like so many others, his lack of agressiveness; he follows the passive structure of astralis, and his overall consistency is fucking insane. Although, he really isn't exciting to watch. At all. Neither are pretty much all of the other Ast players, maybe except for dupreeh. It's just not fun to watch. Respect to Astralis for winning as many tournaments as they have, but I don't think I'll ever root for them, the reasons being the ones I've listed above. I've always found it kind of dumb to root for only your home team. Just doesn't appeal to me. If it was between coL and Ast, I'd definitely root for Ast. Although. I can't see myself ever becoming a fan of them. Honestly, s1mple>dev1ce and Astralis>>Na'Vi to be honest, I don't think dev1ce will ever really earn that #1 spot. There always seems to be someone better. Yes, dev1ce shines more than any other Ast player in pretty much every match, but there always seems to be one or two players, that top him in performance. Every year has had some kind of godlike performance from a player, and for 2018, so far, it's been s1mple. So. IMO s1mple>dev1ce Astralis>>Na'Vi
2018-10-24 03:04
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
I realize this was way too fucking long. My apologies
2018-10-24 03:04
Just write TLDR , what's the problem ?
2018-10-24 03:09
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
fair enough
2018-10-24 03:12
s1mple is a scrub player with good aim, where device is a full player, Strats, technique, aim etc.. "his lack of agressiveness" Yes, hate him because he is an incredibly smart player.
2018-10-24 03:08
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
aboslutely not hating him. s1mple is nowhere near a scrub player, that's just ignorant. Yes, dev1ce is really fucking smart, wasn't talking about how it's a cowardly playstyle. My point is that it isn't flashy enough for hltv to rank him #1. Not even if he out-performes s1mple for the rest of the year
2018-10-24 03:11
He plays to win, he plays to collect that prize. Why should he give a single fuck what some kid across the globe thinks if he is fun or boring? he is giving results for both his team and his organization. I don't care for him, but he is one hell of a smart and calm player.
2018-10-24 03:12
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
Absolutely he wins, absolutely he's good, but that was never my point. he's not gonna be number 1 this year, we would need a flashy-ass performance for that to happen. I was stating why I disliked Ast as a team, not why he should care, or that he should change playstyle. You are absolutely allowed to talk about stuff like this, even if you have no intention of making him change it. Even more so when people, including me, can't shut the fuck up about it.
2018-10-24 03:15
Don't embarrass yourself next time, your whole point was of his play-style and the fact that device isn't a moronic idiot like s1mple and aggressive, nor does he have similar play-style like you do in your plugs where it's all 80% luck and 20% brain.
2018-10-24 03:18
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
mate, I am literally saying that he is a boring player. I am not saying that s1mple's puggy and agressive playstyle is the best possible one. I am talking about GuardiaN level agression. 2016 FalleN, shox at times, 2014 KennyS. That sort of stuff. The are countless agressive playstyles of which can still be considered smart.
2018-10-24 03:20
Get reading comprehension, idiot. I said one of the main reasons you dislike his play-style and a reason you find him boring is because of his "lack of aggressiveness" Take this autistic opinions to reddit next time. "The are countless agressive playstyles of which can still be considered smart." Now show me how many of those aggressive play-styles work round and round like that of devices passive play-style ;)
2018-10-24 03:23
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
No agressive playstyle can amount to that, i admit. Once again, wasn't saying that. How about you get some reading comprehension? dev1ce will never get number one. His style is way too passive to ever reach #1, because there will always be some insane talent fucking everyone in the scene for a couple of months, before falling off a bit in the late year. Once again, my point is: I feel like you'd need to actually come from Denmark to be a hardcore fan of Astralis. That, or you would've been following them since TSM. They're just way too unlikeable as individual players. Unless you really admire their structure, that is. "I am not saying that s1mple's puggy and agressive playstyle is the best possible one."
2018-10-24 03:30
As i said, i don't care for him or the team in general. I don't have any "favorite" teams and I've been playing CSGO since the beginning after leaving CS:Source. As for him being number 1? i don't think anyone gives a fuck, nor does he (probably) especially since him and his team are constantly winning and collecting massive prizes ($$$$). Who gives a fuck about being number 1, give me that $500k.
2018-10-24 03:32
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
No, but once again, never my actual point. Don't find them likeable enough, and I believe that s1mple, in terms of performance, is the better player. dev1ce sticks to a smarter, more passive playstyle. I am talking from the viewpoint of a viewer, and just don't find it enjoyable to watch his playstyle. more consistent? Absolutely more successfull? Yep more skilled? No, not close to it. more exciting?(from a viewers viewpoint) no. That's the point
2018-10-24 03:37
" dev1ce sticks to a smarter, more passive playstyle." Which is how you should be playing, especially in a major. "more consistent? Absolutely" Another thing that counts a fuck load to a teams success. "more skilled? No, not close to it." Perhaps not in raw aim, but-otherwise he is. I still vote for device, everything mentioned counts 120%. Best s1mple can do after getting raped for 8 rounds, is coming back for 1 single round and hitting 4 heads with a dgl.
2018-10-24 03:41
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
That's so fucking ignorant, though. Stick to dev1ce all you want, but that is just keeping up an argument with invalid points.
2018-10-24 03:46
"Invalid points" These are "Invalid points" made by you, only for me to add my remarks on which ones are important and which ones count to a teams success. You're a retard, who hates device to be cool it seems. Nothing you say, makes sense and you complain about his play-style and everything else for absolutely no reason. Lets get back to it again shall we, as said by you; >dev1ce sticks to a smarter, more passive play style >more consistent These two things alone, put him way ahead of the Ukrainian bum.
2018-10-24 03:49
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
A player's raw skill is determined by what a player can do on a server. dev1ce sticks to a more passive playstyle, while maintaining his consistency. s1mple has been his superior skill with incredible plays for such a long time. perhaps dev1ce could do great things on a server if he tried, but that is yet to be proven, and, as you said, he'd most likely rather just stick to his passive style. I do not hate on dev1ce to be cool. I don't even hate on him. What I say doesn't make sense to you, because you scramble after even the most invalid of comebacks to any point I make. Nice ethics, as well. Calling me a retard even though I have said absolutely nothing close to an insult to you. I am not "hating" on his playstyle for no reason: as I have stated quite a few fucking times, I, as a twitch viewer, and frequent match-watcher, do not find him and his team exciting. You retort to shit like "Nothing you say, makes sense and you complain about his play-style and everything else for absolutely no reason", despite me stating so many fucking times that my viewpoint is that of a twitch viewer. If you keep responding with shit like that, I see no reason to respond to you. Feel free to have a civilized discussion or argument with me at any time.
2018-10-24 03:57
"A player's raw skill is determined by what a player can do on a server." Which is irrelevant for someone like s1mple that isn't consistent. You're a retard.
2018-10-24 03:57
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
nice, dude. You still seem to fail to understand what I mean, despite it being clear as day. Last response from me: s1mple makes incredible, mindblowing plays all of the time, because he has a fucking unreal skillset, allowing him to make these plays. dev1ce is more consistent, while the plays s1mple makes are borderline unreasonable; Both in terms of intelligence in playstyle, and overall impact. and yes, s1mple absolutely has more of an impact. He's been forced into a carry role, and is doing quite well to bring them to the big stage. He's doing his job there.
2018-10-24 04:06
Be gone gypsy.
2018-10-24 04:12
n0thing | 
United States hleev4 
What is ur argument dude? "Who gives a fuck about being number 1, give me that $500k." ———that is entirely not what this thread is about so stop bait spamming.
2018-10-24 04:42
 | 
United States tediousmcgee 
so are you a danish fakeflagger then?
2018-10-24 03:10
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
nah, just don't like them
2018-10-24 03:15
 | 
United States tediousmcgee 
oh i got you now i thought when you said "if its coL vs astralis ill root for them" you meant coL as your home team, but now i see your point
2018-10-24 03:17
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
ye, should've changed that, sry
2018-10-24 03:18
 | 
Myanmar AstralisGoat 
I read it but it's a load of bullshit and honestly the amount of shit heads calling them boring are showing truly how low level this HLTV community is, stick to your pugs (that's why you think s1mple is better than device he plays like a pug master) you low level trash players relate to that play style cause it takes no fucking brain to play, device is miles better than s1mple now stfu and go play your silver mm.
2018-10-24 03:10
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
nt forsaken you give them their cheats?
2018-10-24 03:11
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
no, honestly, I just don't find them enjoyable to watch anymore. Could it be that they are number one, and people tend to hate on the best? Yep, absolutely. Apparently stating an oppinion can be considered illegal on here. Great. Edit: you didn't read all of it, you just saw s1mple>dev1ce, and pressed ctrl+v
2018-10-24 03:17
Sure u right Wont be surprised device becomes #1 in this shit site rating while simple is obviously miles ahead in individual skill
2018-10-24 03:40
yeah we all saw that individual skill at the final .. he showed he's feminine side right in the finals. pug stars belong in the future but nt.
2018-10-24 03:50
you provide only one matchup on your berate while you ignore 99.8% of other matches when he hard carried his entire team left and right while device misses lots of potential frags and is set by his teammates for success its an easy comparison in which simple leads by a margin
2018-10-24 04:53
astralis vs navi , ast by a bit? :P
2018-10-24 03:43
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
as mentioned, ast>>navi, IMO
2018-10-24 12:29
 | 
United Kingdom galaxzy 
device cant clutch
2018-10-24 03:44
S1mple cant won a major final
2018-10-24 04:22
It's actually retarded that people thing device will be #1 in front of s1mple, the stats don't lie s1mple is by far and away been the best player for the ENTIRE year! If you look at the difference in stats between the top 1, 2, and 3 of previous years the gap between their ratings don't even come close to the gap between s1mple and everyone else this year.
2018-10-24 03:47
even dupreeh is better
2018-10-24 03:51
dont really get why you have to be flashy to be the number 1 player, in my opinion the best player will always be the player that wins.. so for me device is better.. but we will se in the end of the year who will get the number one spot
2018-10-24 04:04
 | 
Europe TURBOguy 
0/8, dev1ce> s1mple, device is better than s1mple, device has major mvp, device will be top1
2018-10-24 04:28
R u gay for writing this much for 2 guys? No offense just curious
2018-10-24 04:34
 | 
Denmark TQRDSectioN 
nah, just don't like leaving loopholes open for some cunt to abuse, flaming me and calling me retarded for having an opinion different from his own. I like making sure I don't have to write another comment just because someone found a missing point in my statement. That's really all. Sorry if it bothers you. I can definitely see how reading a long ass comment, that could've been summed up in five words, could be annoying. Will try to cut down on them in the future.
2018-10-24 12:34
Ukraine edla 
ez s1mple
2018-10-24 04:45
Dev1ce>S1mple Na'Vi>>Astralis
2018-10-24 12:31
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.