Thread has been deleted
Last comment
stuck in school
Germany xsyzzz123 
i wanna go to university but instead i'm stuck in shitty school for another 1.5 years my grades won't even matter for the uni i want to go to (a very good one btw) I just need to learn for an entrance exam but now in school i just learn useless stuff i won't need during college or life taught by incompetent teachers who can't explain and overcomplicate everything because they don't have a great understanding themselves (some at least) the problem is that i come at home fairly late and for some reason am tired as shit even though i literally did nothing at school (i don't really listen or participate in class lol) i just feel held back by the system tell me how to cope with this shit
2018-11-08 21:54
 | 
Brazil falIenzera_SK 
tldr
2018-11-08 21:54
school = bad
2018-11-08 21:55
 | 
Netherlands BornyHitch 
Don't go to school, not a very hard question.
2018-11-08 21:55
I need to if i want to study and make a great career already have a plan what to do in life and i need a degree to move to USA
2018-11-08 21:58
 | 
Hungary GeorgeSoros 
do a home school and then go to exams at the end of the year / i think u have that option if you are 16 y/o i do this and learn for exams 1 week before their start
2018-11-08 22:38
not allowed in germany :(
2018-11-09 18:21
 | 
United States fatburger 
Nice, what are you going to do here?
2018-11-09 16:32
i'll try to find a software engineering position but getting an offer which sponsores a visa will a pain in the ass. Maybe i want to go to Phoenix but i have to visit there at least once to find out if the weather in the summer is bearable but the other 10 months have awesome weather. Also there seems to be a decent tech scene and prices are more affordable to SF for example. Or I go to Silicon Valley for a few years and just pocket the extra money. Which part of the US are you coming from?
2018-11-09 18:43
 | 
United States fatburger 
I’m from the Midwest. And yeah Phoenix is really really hot. Even up here it can get really fucking hot or cold
2018-11-09 18:45
 | 
United States fatburger 
Also software engineering sounds nice
2018-11-09 18:47
you literally earn 2x as much as in germany and you also got lower taxes. So it's really a no-brainer to move to the us what i like about phoenix june to august are pretty hot but the rest of the year is like summer in moderate climate and if 5 million people live there i can too and summer just feels so good and has this nice 'lifestyle' while winter is just cold and slow and depressing
2018-11-09 19:04
 | 
United States fatburger 
Yeah gl. I like the Midwest a lot too just some crazy people. Especially Chicago
2018-11-09 19:35
We don't want you
2018-11-09 19:24
but i want you <3
2018-11-09 21:42
 | 
CIS painkiller71 
lol I guess you're not pureblooded american too
2018-11-09 21:51
become drug dealer, and then u wont have to come to school and get ez money
2018-11-08 21:57
+1
2018-11-08 22:05
 | 
Turkey b0wsette 
Stop blaming your teachers, grow some balls and study by yourself + don't think so highly of urself, u gon get raped at the uni lmao
i still need to be there physically which is my problem grades aren't my problem (they're not good but i dopn't need them any better)
2018-11-08 21:59
 | 
Turkey b0wsette 
If your grades aren't any good but enough for you to pass, it's not enough. Why did you say you can't physically be there, is the school too far? Why didn't you pick a school closer to your house lmao either way, is of no excuse, I suggest you make time for studies
2018-11-09 14:55
when did i say that i can't physically be there? i still am there every day even tho i don't want to but yes in my free time i might prepare for uni and learn mathematics so that i'll have less problems there
2018-11-09 18:49
 | 
Turkey b0wsette 
"i still need to be there physically which is my problem" sry I thought you had problem with transport btw I suggest you spend your free time productively if you believe your studies are enough. read a book on the field you're interested in, learn a new language, volunteer etc. these are what will get u to an uni
2018-11-10 09:08
 | 
Spain VIKTORAL 
+11111111 cant agree more
2018-11-08 22:12
 | 
Other VladimirLucas 
just pass the exams, grades dont matter, even university doesn't matter if u want my advice, after u finish school get a short diploma in something you're interested in, then find a job after you get work experience go to university and get bachelor degree, when you graduate you'll literally be a god
Listen in class + do practice problems at home. Your future self will thank you.
2018-11-08 21:59
why tho for college i only need to pass the entrance exam with B or C Grade level. I need to prepare for it at home, but school won't help me. Otherwise they literally don't care about my grades bacause of the classes i took and some stupid rules of the uni :/
2018-11-08 22:04
"i only need" Dont say that. Always go further, trust me.
2018-11-09 19:50
You expect to do well in University when you atm aren't even showing up at school or doing anything
2018-11-08 22:02
Because I already know what i want to study/work as (computer science) 99% sure and i'm very good in computer science class in school. But yes i really need to pull myself together for college.
2018-11-08 22:09
Yep, had the same thing. Why the fuck should I do something if my grades do not matter.
2018-11-08 22:10
stack up on coffee
2018-11-08 22:05
why?
2018-11-08 22:06
u said ur tired af m8 same thing happened to me, it can be because ur phisically tired or emotionally tired, i was always emotionally tired coming back to school ,never having the power to cba to do my hw
2018-11-08 22:07
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
i've always been interested in specific subjects, but school was never a thing for me sad that society need school to grade us... puts a huge stress variable on kids lives
2018-11-08 22:06
what do you want to do at university, you sound like the kid that does a course thats 90% of a degree in fashion lmfao
computer science np kiddo
Pay attention in school then, fuck the minimum requirements to get in, the better your maths is, the better you'll be. Learning basic electronics will also help you a lot
2018-11-08 22:23
why waste your time with school/uni if you don't like it?
$$$ & US immigration laws i never said i don't like uni, i just find school annoying cause it's an useless obstacle
2018-11-08 22:11
School is a boredom and a waste of time.
it's literally a babysitter for teens
2018-11-08 22:12
It's torture if you fucking have 0 interest in the 12/12 subjects. I don't say life is a pleasure, life is chasing happiness and while on the road stumble over then fall in your grave.
2018-11-08 22:15
I thought about this expression and it's really logical.
2018-11-09 16:30
 | 
Spain VIKTORAL 
lmao u will have to do it anyway just say to urself 1.5 years left i was like that 1 year ago, was always thinking about summer after i finished it i felt so good with myself and had an amazing summer just learn to live with it a few more months nobody died from school ;)
2018-11-08 22:15
i guessi just need to persist through it
2018-11-08 22:24
What subject you think you wont need in a computer science uni? Hope it's not maths or physics. Btw you will have some shitty classes in uni too which will be totally useless, but still have to pass them. You shouldn't be so tired after high school days so maybe you need more vitamins and/or minerals. And hit the gym 3 times a week or work out @ home.
2018-11-08 22:24
a ton of maths, physics not so much afaik yes there will be some useless classes, but hopefully not 90% like in school but yes i agree i need to work on my physical health more
2018-11-08 22:36
school will teach you endurance. if you think school is just an obstacle that shows everyone that you cant handle certain things. not everything in life is supposed to be extra hard or extra challenging, some stuff you just have to persist through to show that you have focus on your goals no matter how boring or how long it will take to achieve them.
2018-11-08 22:39
+1 thank you really changed my perspective on this
2018-11-08 22:45
school useless bullshit, nothing will learn u only some retarded shit which u will forget moment u leave school
2018-11-09 14:55
 | 
Switzerland Nikon_user 
gymnasium ? what grades in math and english
2018-11-09 16:35
 | 
Russia Sugawara 
yeah same shit me to i wanna go to the university but my school sucks like 99% of Russian schools so i think i gonna leave school soon and go colledge next year and waste 6 months or i gonna leave after this year and go to the colledge and still gonna waste 6 months
2018-11-09 16:39
 | 
Netherlands pewpeww 
Ask for more advanced stuff to do, I had the same problems in my early life and school, everything was to easy and boring. But once you get used to that after a couple of years it might be hard to put in some real hard work for something you don't directly understand and/or are capable of doing. This is a very common problem for people with higher intelligence, not enough challenges in early life can cause major motivation issues in the long run.
2018-11-09 18:46
yes i fear this a lotbecause i'm definitely too lazy first year of uni is gonna be hard
2018-11-09 18:53
 | 
Netherlands pewpeww 
Try to find the discipline to spend as much time doing your current schoolwork as your classmates, even if you understand it in half the time. Try to find topics similar or research for more related topics which go deeper than what you get at school. Or go study for yourself at home, read books about topics that interest you, history, philosophy, astronomy, these topics kept me occupied during my school time. What do you want to study after this? Perhaps already take some stuff from your future study and work on it already, often in universities there is a lot more extra stuff available to do, I could work on a number of extra projects when I was in my first year, including learning how to calculate in binair, hexadecimal, octal etc, kinda useless I guess, but it kept me occupied with something until some harder stuff was on the horizon. Just my advice, don't limit your learning to what you can learn in school. Find topics you like in school, and further learn about them in home, don't let yourself go to waste.
2018-11-09 19:02
"This is a very common problem for people with higher intelligence" Not really true, lots of people are good in highschool but have difficulties in uni, like you said, you were good in your early life in school, doesnt mean you'll be in uni, engineering school or whatever. High school in France is mostly about learning learning learning with a little of "thinking by yourself" but when you get to uni, superior technical degrees etc.. Its very very different and teachers are rarely on your back to tell you what to do (depends where you are tho) but you need to work by yourself, use your brain etc. * At this moment the case you had in early school, asking for more harder works. . Is something that rarely happens. Well not if you're in these easy branches tho! * in some asian countries they just do mcq exams thats why they're considered smarter, because its easier than thinking by yourself and getting your proper answer!
2018-11-09 20:00
 | 
Netherlands pewpeww 
You can't say it is not true, when studies have proven that almost the majority of intelligent people at young age struggle with this problem if they are not getting enough "attention" / challenges (if you know what I mean) in the early years of their life. Its really common for people with above average intelligence to under perform (especially early life) because of so many reasons, the one I stated is just one of them. Yes lots of people are good in high school but have difficulties in uni, and there can be many reasons for that. If you always study hard in high school, get good grades but spend a lot more time on each subjects as "normal" then yes, uni will be a lot harder for you. Or perhaps the topics in uni don't interests you anymore, can be anything. All I am saying that it can also work the other way around, that the fact that people can't finish their uni or whatever isn't always because they aren't capable (well, they aren't in a literal sense since they didn't make it) but its not because they are not intelligent enough. I finished it, that is not the problem. You don't want to know how many issues I had because of anxiety, no motivation, at some point, not even motivation to live my life. I talked with many professionals about it, even had to do multiple intelligence tests, they spoke with my parents about my early life to figure out what might have caused my despair. More intelligent people are also a lot more vulnerable for depression. Since then I read a lot about philosophy, psychology and especially topics such as autism, bipolar, depression, causes of them etc interest me. If I can from both personal experience and other studies and research conclude that many of "intelligent people" first don't even realize it themselves and often think they are weird, and struggle with many basic tasks because of it it just feels bad man. That is why I said what I said, because I am afraid that a lot of very intelligent and capable people will bring themselves down because of so many reasons, isolation, not able to relate, thinking of a different level, seeing though people their intentions, struggling with justice, always asking why, and wondering what is the point of doing something etc. What OP said could be one symptom of him clearly being more intelligent than those around him, and my post was to hopefully make him aware of that possibility earlier then I thought about it. So he can prepare himself properly, or do the required tests, and than seek the necessary help to make sure his intelligence does not goes to waste. TLDR: It is common, from what I can see and experience, I want to make OP aware of this, so he can improve himself.
2018-11-09 20:17
 | 
Sweden HoIger 
" (i don't really listen or participate in class lol)" No fucking wonder you hate it, if you go to school every day thinking that it's gonna be boring, it WILL be, change your attitude and those 547 days will be over in a heartbeat. Also, try to make some friends if possible.
2018-11-09 18:51
shox | 
Turkey FrosTPunK 
legends say that he is still stuck in the school now
2018-11-09 18:57
University is the same, lul (if you're not gonna study in Oxford/Stanford/Cambridge/Harvard/MIT).
2018-11-09 18:59
MSL | 
China NA_LUL 
i studied at my local university (u prob never heard of) then transferred to stanford. the educational aspect is basically the same. the good universities are ranked higher due to research. but if you are not interested in an academic career and just want to learn career skills, theres no difference between harvard and dravrah
2018-11-09 19:30
Exactly
2018-11-09 20:04
Sorry, my bad. Harvard is shit, I added it to the list by mistake. -Harvard +Yale Fixed, thx.
2018-11-09 21:06
Man I am exactly in the same situation, well, kind of, motivation we have may be different. All I need is the entrance exams too, and I'm taking a professional course that lasts basically 1.5 years as well. I used to be studying a lot, but then I lost motivation and stopped for months... I kept telling myself, any day now, I will come back strong, but I never did, and I hate the location I live in and have an uncomfortable relationship with my parents, I get home I can't study, even tho I tell myself everyday that the next day I'm gonna restart, just wanna do something that takes my mind off of where I am, "home". Resuming, I thought to myself, if im not being able to pick back up on the studies that matter, I will take a course that will give me the foundations to have a better job, that will give me independence, instead of your normal minimum wage shit job. My advice: Grind. Keep your videogame and other leisure times to a minimum, weekends are a big factor, make them productive, study what you can every day, even if you are tired and your focus is depleted, just re-read and re-read and re-read. If you took a course by your own choice, and really don't feel like it's ever gonna help you, then I think you should leave it, study more, part-time job. Also, it helps if you are comfortable with the place you use to study, if you are not, pick another, library, friend's house, etc.
2018-11-09 19:03
The richest 1% of America owns 65% of that country's wealth (I'm referring to the money currently circulating within it). The richest 0.1% owns 50% of the total wealth. That leaves 0.9% with 15% of its total wealth, and 99% with 35%. You are the 99% foolishly thinking that you need to slave away in schooling to become a part of the 1%. We, the majority, need to realize how fucking fooled we are being and change the system. Spread this message.
2018-11-09 20:42
I knew it was a mistake to revive my hltv acc.. oh dear.. Here we go: No, I do not strive to become a billionaire, maybe, tho, one day I'll have a billion dollar idea and set it to motion... The area I want to work with is one that I believe it will fulfill me. I don't want to work for minimum wage because I wanna rent my own flat, it will most likely be small but still, on minimum wage I cannot sustain myself and those jobs waste you a lot. Your employer will try to make you an overworking under payed sheep with no rights, because that's how they like the work force - cheap, and working as much as possible. With the right skills and a diploma I will have independence, because I can make a lot more money, and a better life while I go for what I want. If you want to become rich, in america or anywhere, you don't need to study for it, but you should educate yourself to a certain extent... Enjoy your weekend, you will not change the system, being a dreamer is good, to a certain extent. Kids can't think for themselves, in teen years, either they get in trouble and fuck up a couple of years afterwards, or their whole lives, or graduate and go straight to college, the big majority not even knowing what area they really wanna work in, most will avoid maths, go to social crap sciences etc, basically take the courses that seem easier and everybody else gets into, what else will they do? It's a world of sheep, very few can think for themselves and take their own decisions.
2018-11-09 23:04
 | 
Europe FoolishExpert 
you dont need many things in life they teach in school. School is mostly just training your brain
2018-11-09 19:08
idk for the last 3 years of secondary school we all had laptops so i was just reading technology articles on the internet or playing games all day
2018-11-09 19:21
nothing u learn is useless, all knowledge is good knowledge.
2018-11-09 19:32
fuck school just go work on construction
2018-11-09 20:09
BDSM | 
Europe AneleClap 
classic Estonian
2018-11-09 21:58
Same here in brazil. School does not get you ready for college or anything. But unafortunaly you gotta wait. But you sure you already know what you gonna do? Like I first started doing Computer Engineering and thought this was my thing but ended up i dropped out and now I'm going on Nutrition and also Dentistry (I'll do both at the same time if I have the opportunity)
2018-11-09 20:09
In a binary opposition, one cannot be had without the opposite, this is true. However, it is a belief. Either one holds both or neither. There is either both good and bad, or neither good nor bad. There is claim to either some which is none, or none which is all. Therefore, if you claim some you are also not claiming some simultaneously. You see this is fractured, it is not our nature, but instead our belief of how we have come to know what we think we do. So tell me again, is the situation you find yourself in bad or good? Or are you smart enough to find a way to cope? Let me know...
2018-11-09 20:14
imagine wanting to go uni just get 9 to 5 office job that you will probably hate
2018-11-09 20:15
system is breaking just stack ur paper and leave ur country asap.
2018-11-09 21:00
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32 
Remember "Boyinaband's: Don't Stay in School"? It's a perfect representation of your topic at hand. Essentially it comes down to perseverance and patience. All knowledge is important, whether you or the board of education deems it useless or not. If such issues are child's play for you, then be the top grader at school and go to a brilliant university... Know the bearing fruit is past the obstacle you so boldly declare fruitless.
2018-11-09 22:03
BDSM | 
Europe AneleClap 
Tbh you're making school really hard for yourself. No one likes to study things they're not interested in but that's how the school system works. Every year there are millions of students who go through a whole year of shit even though they are only interested in 1 or 2 subjects. Prob every student thinks "Why am i learning this shit?" at some point in their life. You just need to punch through it and try to be interested in the stuff they are teaching. A few years ago I was an idiot in terms of school and didn't care about any subject that I wasn't interested in. It made me feel like shit to go to school. In the end it's all about your attitude. Also, you only have a year and a half left until uni (same for me rn). After that you can choose what you are interested in and learn that.
2018-11-09 22:20
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.