Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Why USSR collapsed
 | 
Lithuania Wealthy_Communist 
I just watched an interview from people who were involved in those events in wise Lithuanian language. It was an attempt to bring capitalism to massive soviet empire. No one in the USSR even wanted the country to collapse, not even countries outside Russia. KGB came to Lithuania to finance USSR political change, because it was the most nationalistic country in the union. Still all the true political activists could be counted on fingers across USSR. USSR stagnation in upper levels (not for individuals) collapsed this country. By late 1980's all the countries in the union were almost fully integrated. Latvia was pretty much done, Estonia as well , the -stans already fully integrated, Ukraine done as fuck. Even Lithuania did not bring out as many people in the streets as the freedom movement expected. So stuff like Kazak CS scene today exists purely due to these events.
2018-11-15 16:36
because the people wanted mac donalds at every corner
2018-11-15 16:37
because the people wanted mac donalds at every corner
2018-11-15 16:38
They did not find a way to keep USSR massive territorial empire and capitalism at the same time. But they could have, if they did not take Lithuania in 1945. Today Russia would have been a massive super power from Lvov top Valdivostok, along with the -stan countries in its borders.
2018-11-15 16:47
thank you Lithuania
2018-11-15 16:48
 | 
Namibia banned_so 
Good copy paste
2018-11-15 16:38
Your country copy pasted Lithuanias flag, added a shitty microsoft paint star and made that their flag
2018-11-15 16:51
 | 
Namibia banned_so 
And yours is a repainted flag of sweden nt
2018-11-15 17:29
 | 
Denmark Twick_ 
Danish flag came before swedens but okay
2018-11-15 17:58
 | 
Namibia banned_so 
Nt nazi patriot
2018-11-15 18:48
 | 
Denmark Twick_ 
??????? Common sense not detected
2018-11-15 19:55
People wanted more freedom than they could handle West influence broke the order and Soviets couldnt provide anything in return So it collapsed
2018-11-15 16:39
ussr was run by russians not a surprise it collapsed
2018-11-15 16:50
indeed.. the most successful soviet rulers were not russian: Stalin - georgian Khrushchow - ukrainian Brezhnyev - ukrainian
2018-11-15 16:53
 | 
Switzerland AlexTenebrae 
you cant move destroyed train with new locomotive ,you know
2018-11-15 16:55
Yeah ussr sucked a lot.. but the country was really harmed after WWII and its even a surprise that they managed to make some innovative space discoveries tbh
2018-11-15 16:59
 | 
Switzerland AlexTenebrae 
tbh, ussr had an opportunity to rebuild its society and economics after ww2 to become truly superior state with progressive economy (even without social freedom) and it would exist till today becuz i doubt that Ukraine, Baltic states and etc, wanted to leave ussr if they were living very prosperous life. But, ussr decided to play the "wargame", and we all know what it led to. Russians are trying to play that game again, they never learn history :D
2018-11-15 17:04
there were tons of shit... and no wonder why it failed... And Russia will fail no doubt.. The last empire on earth... Largest part of the country has nothing to do with Russia cuz historically was occupated by russians
2018-11-15 18:46
 | 
Switzerland AlexTenebrae 
your country is lead by pro-russian party today, kinda scary PogU
2018-11-15 16:53
i know and it sucks
2018-11-15 16:54
 | 
Switzerland AlexTenebrae 
i guess they will fuck up things even more, that conflict with eu about rapefugees and FULLY 20\10 retarded conflict with Ukraine only for russian money will led Hungary to very very bad position i guess, how soon you'll have an elections there? Or its just people retarded and vote for "nationalist party" ?
2018-11-15 16:57
our politicians actually think we cannot be kicked from the eu and they ll just keep giving us money, while we r shitting on em... the pro russian interest is pretty fucking scary in the long run, however there were some news about the ukraine-hungary relationship, that they tryna improve... if u understood hungarian i could show u what kinda ppl vote on fidesz and their reasons... its pretty sad and not to mention the enormous corruption
2018-11-15 17:09
 | 
Switzerland AlexTenebrae 
i guess it could surprise you ,but i cant understand hungarian language, i even doubt that there are nations who can do this.. fuck off that orban party Keepo
2018-11-15 17:11
theres no party on the opposition side that stood a chance (also ppl make parties for fun and trolling just for the money given by the government)... the election was this spring so another 4 years downhill comin for us
2018-11-15 17:26
 | 
Switzerland AlexTenebrae 
BibleThump for Hungary. With such retards jokes about Hungry will not be so illusional
2018-11-15 17:45
 | 
Lithuania Paulius_CS 
link?
2018-11-15 16:50
 | 
Switzerland AlexTenebrae 
USSR was not able to exist, because of retarded economical system, governmental policy and utopical ideology and it lasted for almost 80 years only because it had ENORMOUS resources. Today we can see same thing with Russia which is looking powerful for the rest of the world but irl its totally fucked up country which stays united only becuz of enormous resources sponsoring military power. If there will be 10$ for oil barrel again , you will see that russia will collapse too
2018-11-15 16:52
s1 | 
Ukraine mple 
+1
2018-11-15 20:14
Friis | 
Denmark baitzera 
It collapsed because it was full of Russians.
2018-11-15 16:59
The problem was that they could not compete financially. Over 20% of their GDP went to the military and they couldn't keep up with that much of the economy going to making war machines. As a result, they had to cut back in other areas. It was often several months between paychecks for soldiers in the military because all the effort was put into building large ships, aircraft, and nuclear weapons. Couple that with the demoralization of the Afghanistan war and supply problems for basic goods (breads, vegetables, etc), and large portions of the populace were unhappy. With the need to deal more directly with internal matters, it left satellite states under less supervision/control, which resulted in strengthening unrest there. Trying to outspend the US militarily coupled with the demoralization of the Afghan war probably contributed more than anything to the breakup of the USSR. The discovery of major oil reserves helped, but too late. Even now, the Russian economy is slightly small than Italy's. It's been a member of the G7/G8 more as a result of its military might than because of its economy. Even Brazil and Canada have bigger economies. It's not in the top 10.
2018-11-15 17:03
It was an internal political change attempt by Soviet governmental structures. It failed mostly due to Lithuania being in the union. The other Soviet republics were willing to accept capitalism under Greater Russian Federation. Lithuania declared independence early, and the other Soviet Republics took note of how indecisive Kremlin was with Lithuanian freedom movement, and in many things in general at that time.
2018-11-15 17:16
btw good chunk of Lithuanian freedom movement were Kremlin agents
2018-11-15 17:33
but the Lithuanian nationalists gave them a really hard time
2018-11-15 17:35
allu | 
Finland Jodecast 
Communism just doesnt work
2018-11-15 17:30
 | 
Europe tweekzter 
s1mple couldn't carry hard enough.
2018-11-15 17:37
 | 
Poland pawlosek888 
cuz lefist
2018-11-15 17:37
 | 
United States JustBitsy 
I dont know all the reasons why ussr was a political failure by the end. Regardless soviet russia was at its strongest with the original members. The ones who made the original movement and the followers who fought for change. This country went through drastic change when the first non original leader took over. It became more about the party and less about the people. The next generation grew up with skewed communist ideology from people who did not fight for that revolution and who grew up only knowing of the revolution and not of fighting for change. The further they got from original concept the further they skewed and the government became more and more of a clique. If you or family were directly involved in the party the more special treatment you got. The last generation knew only this and they hated it. They grew up in a time of special favors and they only knew of working hard so others dont have to. So when the time came where ussr needed the loyalty of the people the most, it wasnt there. The last generation gave up on the party. Not because of pure greed but because they saw the real problem. Life was not as promised. It was not about equality for all by the time they inherited the country it was so far skewed from that. That was the largest factor of all factors to why ussr failed in the end. Some people will tell you its because human greed or the hunger for liberty. While that may have played a role, it was far overshadowed by the population losing faith in the governments motives.
2018-11-15 17:44
Yes. When they stopped murdering 1 million Russians per year it went to shit?
2018-11-15 18:50
 | 
United States JustBitsy 
You are referring to stalins ussr. The 40s were terrible for russia even after the war. He was a terrible leader. After stalin died they kept a fascade of a strong nation for so long its kind of amazing. In reality they continually got worse from the moment stalin took office. My claim however was that ussr was its strongest in the beginning and it started with lenin. Then famime, then ww2 and the onslaught of terrible leader after terrible leader. Anyway, point still stands the ussr only declined with a final collapse that was well deserved. No need romanticizing any of ussr, whatever strength it had was because corruption wasnt set in full motion yet. The "strength" was more of a honeymoon effect. It didnt collapse because lithuania was too nationalistic or some stupid reason that 90% of people suggest. It fell because of the steady corruption of the party and loss of faith from the people. Dont let my comment make it sound like ussr was ever a great nation. I was just saying why it collapsed, the actual reason. I wasnt saying it was great then went to shit. I said it had a peak, like everything does, and it declined and never recovered from that point. That is all i said.
2018-11-15 20:07
 | 
United States JustBitsy 
My point if i didnt communicate it properly was that it wasnt just a mishap that the ussr failed. It was destined to fail and from the beginning it was closing in on its near expiration date with each passing year. Not just some unluko maluko oopsie that wont happen next time.
2018-11-15 20:17
 | 
Europe loonek4 
Mostly revisionism. It led to state capitalism, social imperialism and eventually liberalization and the fragmentation of the USSR (along with many other outside influences such as US backing of Boris Yeltsin).
2018-11-15 17:48
Yes, but it could have worked out. Baltic States along Kaliningrad Oblast were suppose to be a new big and united subject of the Russian Federation. Only Lithuanian nationalists stopped this at the conference in Tallinn. Noone other even opposed. Luckily Kremlin was really weak at that time. And pretended to work with Lithuanian opposition (which was initiated by Kremlin, half of them were Kremlin's agents, and half actual nationalists)
2018-11-15 17:57
 | 
Kazakhstan aiNee 
cola won the true gegemon of eurasia
2018-11-15 18:01
Hatz | 
Korea taun_tatt 
but tell me why the fuck do the shitty lithuanians keep stealing cars from Estonia?
2018-11-15 20:08
and from Poland too.
2018-11-15 20:12
from everywhere, they steal cars that are worth over 50k euros and sell them for about 5 piece by piece. Brain over 9000
2018-11-15 20:18
Idk man. Maybe estonian and lithuanian police dont coordinate much, and its not a very long distance for a stressful job like this (just my guess) Btw this happened to you?
2018-11-15 21:01
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.