Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Socialism followers
Russia turbosaska 
Hey guys. I always say that most of "socialists" on internet are just rich kid from rich countries, but I had no data about it. Now I have found some survey results for /r/socialism, and this is how it looks like: - 86% are male - 75% are white - More than 59% are younger than 21. And only 14% are older than 25. - 5% are not sure about their gender and 10% aren't sure about sexual orientation. the most of the rest are straight and non-transgender. - 85.5% of these people are against free speech - 88% of these people support violent riots - About 52% of them want a revolution - 61% live with parents - Many other people who "rent own apartments" somehow are unemployment, so they get money from parents - Only 24% of these people call themselves "poor". In the same time, many of these "poor" people rent own apartments and somehow study in college. - Most of these people are from rich countries like USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, Sweden docs.google.com/forms/d/1z9MdCiO-0Dlomd1.. reddit.com/r/socialism/comments/6uxpex/r.. That's not the most accurate data ofc, but it's still not a bit, and it shows us some reality.
2018-11-17 11:27
#1
 | 
Europe deVulse 
Its because of comfort. If you live comfortable and have easy life, parents give you everything and let you do everything you want you'll become lazy af and think you deserve everything. You have no real problems so you create them yourself, thats how those retarded leftists come from. Its a illness of goodness and peace, i think humanity needs a war, it lies in our nature and thats how we as a specie always made the biggest progress, starting from catapults in ancient times that are a precoursor to many current designs, ending with internet created by CIA etc. Humans are very lazy and toxic specie though in desperation we can achieve everything and thats why i think we need WW3, to move Forward.
2018-11-17 11:39
Agree with your first paragraph and absolutely disagree with the second one. No one deserves to get murdered or wounded because of someone's believes. War is bad, okey? I actually don't care if someone calls himself "socialist", I just shared some data about these people.
2018-11-17 11:44
#70
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
You're weak, he's actually right. Humanity as a species is a joke. Only in times of suffering we build greatness and then Comfort arrives which will eventually lead to a crumbled society. Rinse and repeat, nothing is new under the Sun... it's only history making the same mistake over and over again. It's a natural cycle of life events.
2018-11-17 13:17
bahahaha
2018-11-17 18:58
#130
 | 
Norway SaltySausage 
good times create weak people weak people create bad times bad times create strong people strong people create good times what you are saying is true but i dont know if a war today would help us achieve anything. only thing that would happen is that a few countries would be blown to pieces, and the rest would just have to do what those other countries did for themselves
2018-11-18 15:26
edgy pseudo philosopher right here
2018-11-18 18:41
#155
 | 
Europe deVulse 
+1
2018-11-18 20:32
kpo
2018-11-18 16:11
I follow socialism
2018-11-17 11:50
#91
 | 
United Kingdom _P2K 
Unlucky bro you'll grow out of it someday
2018-11-17 13:42
It is up to you for what you think is best for society, that is the idea of politics.
2018-11-17 13:43
#156
 | 
Europe deVulse 
but what u believe in is a mental illness just saying
2018-11-18 20:33
ok
2018-11-19 05:56
I also notice how you do not mention Norway instead of Sweden lol. Norway is literally the richest country in the world.
2018-11-17 11:52
The stats of the survey: Sweden 2.5% Norway 1.8% I didnt say that I itemize the exact list, i just called some examples
2018-11-17 11:57
2.5% what?
2018-11-17 12:04
Number of participants in the survey I would guess.
2018-11-17 12:53
#54
 | 
World ///fuck 
2,5% of 600 people LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOOLOOLOFLE?Oelfkleoleloge
2018-11-17 12:56
HAHAHAHHAHAA
2018-11-17 13:04
No way that's true!
2018-11-17 11:57
It is not just researched but it is richer than every country on this list.. lolwot.com/the-10-richest-countries-in-t.. leaderviral.com/richest-countries/ It also has a better GDP per capita than all these countries.
2018-11-17 12:04
how it relates to my point?
2018-11-17 12:05
Just responding to this guy.
2018-11-17 12:11
No way that's true!
2018-11-17 12:10
#31
 | 
Europe deVulse 
its a small country that nobody really cares about, the quality of life there might be great but the fact alone that country is small makes it kinda irrelevant world-wide. Also, scandinavian countries were safe during ww2, its a matter of time when rest of EU (talking about whole Europe) will grow better economy and better quality of life, so your argument is well...irrelevant and stupid. and btw. its still capitalist country lul.
2018-11-17 12:44
"Scandinavian countries were safe during WW2" Whole of Norway literally gets occupied by Germany. And i was just stating something, i did not really meant to make a point about it but ok.
2018-11-17 12:44
#35
 | 
Europe deVulse 
Do you really want to argue about destructions of Scandinavian countries compared to rest of Europe during WW2? Are you mentally retarded, or dunno, just cringy at this point?
2018-11-17 12:46
#55
 | 
World ///fuck 
denmark and norway were so safe during ww2, and sweden was literally used by the nazis to transports supplies
2018-11-17 12:58
#66
 | 
Singapore NSuh 
Better be a small country with a solid gdp per capita than be a shithole which is Poorland, just a massive land with no future, just a waste of space :) Respectfully, Proud Liquid Fan since Faceit Major.
2018-11-17 13:12
#69
 | 
Europe deVulse 
"Better be a small country with a solid gdp per capita than be a shithole which is Poorland, just a massive land with no future, just a waste of space :)" Do you even think before you say? XD You realize you basically said that you're the one without future? :D
2018-11-17 13:15
#115
 | 
Singapore NSuh 
Yes, I just said that Norway is abetter place to live in and work in than poorland. I just said that, keep overthinking it. Respectfully, Proud Liquid Fan since Faceit Major.
2018-11-17 17:35
#122
 | 
Europe deVulse 
Poorland still has far better future than Norway, in 20-30 years prolly Poorway* LUL
2018-11-17 22:44
#123
 | 
Singapore NSuh 
Who cares? Keep living in denial with your deluded righty forecast where this shithole of a country where even simple human rights are not followed will have some sort of “future”. Cool story bro. No wonder why majority of right fags come from poor population. Respectfully, Proud Liquid Fan since Faceit Major.
2018-11-18 00:00
#154
 | 
Europe deVulse 
Actually human rights are followed here far better than in your shithole leftist trash.
2018-11-18 20:30
that's true tbh, our oil is running out D: unless we find something else to do we're faked
2018-11-18 16:35
#108
 | 
Sweden mrnotgay 
norway and sweden aren't socialist you brick
2018-11-17 14:53
They fucking are.
2018-11-18 02:25
#127
 | 
Sweden mrnotgay 
no they aren't, the workers do not own the means of production and the economy is to a very high extent capitalist look up the difference between socialism and social democracy you brain dead frog
2018-11-18 15:14
When they go a little bit more to the left and keep being doing that, you will see the damage.
2018-11-18 16:39
#158
 | 
Sweden mrnotgay 
yeah now you're quiet you absolute brick, no counter arguments
2018-11-19 23:30
OK I will accept that I am wrong, now point spitting insults at me for simply not understanding something properly. Anyways this is like a 4 day old thread. Have a nice day.
2018-11-19 23:34
#162
 | 
Sweden mrnotgay 
you should research this type of stuff before getting into arguments, don't waste peoples time but I appreciate you admitting that, sorry for being a dick
2018-11-19 23:36
You did waste your own time, putting in time to your arguments when you knew I was wrong and again no point calling me shit because I am wrong lol.
2018-11-19 23:36
#164
 | 
Sweden mrnotgay 
the reason I started the argument is because you were spreading false information and that needs to be called out you must be able to argue without relying on fallacious arguments, and this argument in particular is one I see often so it irritates me
2018-11-19 23:39
Yes mohammed
2018-11-19 23:40
#166
 | 
Sweden mrnotgay 
I'm born and raised in the richest area in Sweden to Russian speaking parents but ok
2018-11-19 23:42
#5
 | 
France GAITS 
- I'm socialist : - French living in Venice, Italy - 25 - Urban design student - Yes my parents (living in France) send me 1000€ a month to study in proper conditions and enjoy the veneziano lifestyle. - I'm not against free speech at all. I even want people to be able to say the worst trash ever if it creates debate. - I don't really support violent riots even if I understand them - I don't call myself poor even if I don't earn money yet, because I'm profiting from the wealth of my parents
2018-11-17 11:53
youre not giving socialism a good look
2018-11-17 13:01
#118
 | 
France GAITS 
What do you mean ?
2018-11-17 18:57
>urban design student >parents send me money
2018-11-25 11:50
#187
 | 
France GAITS 
How being an urban design student makes me give a bad look to socialism ? How getting money from my parents is a bad thing also ? I can't get a scholarship because my parents are earning too much money. I'm aware of it and I'm really happy with the situation, and really thankful to my parents. I can study without having to worry about finances at all and I cost less to the government.
2018-11-27 23:32
I expected that. Most voters for „die linke“ in germany are also from the poorer population shifts.
2018-11-17 11:54
#13
 | 
Denmark AircraftPilot 
what about afd
2018-11-17 12:06
Also especially the poorer population shifts are voting for them.
2018-11-17 12:10
#37
 | 
Europe deVulse 
source?
2018-11-17 12:47
Statistics from the german ARD
2018-11-17 12:50
#68
 | 
Singapore NSuh 
What source do you need you shitty right cuck? It’s just an obvious and natural thing, but hey you need braincells for that, stereotype poorland citizens do not have these :) Respectfully, Proud Liquid Fan since Faceit Major.
2018-11-17 13:13
#71
 | 
Europe deVulse 
You're a cuck, you leftists and emotional beta loosers, so stop trying to be so tough ok? Bunch of loosers that had easy life, what would u do if something rough happened? I bet you'd go cry to your mom for help. LOOOOOOOOOOSER
2018-11-17 13:21
#116
 | 
Singapore NSuh 
still triggered that majority of poor citizens are right? LMAO. Well, that's always been a thing. Curiously, Proud Liquid Fan since Faceit Major.
2018-11-17 17:39
It looks like you don't even know what the word cuck means, neither where it came from and why. Cuckoldry is basically what leftism stands for.
2018-11-17 14:13
#16
 | 
World ///fuck 
"Now I have found some survey results for /r/socialism, and this is how it looks like:" Wow 0/8
2018-11-17 12:11
+1 His statements literally mean nothing.
2018-11-17 12:25
#29
 | 
World ///fuck 
OP is literally retarded
2018-11-17 12:37
#38
 | 
Europe deVulse 
nah u cant accept facts, so it seems you are retarded ;_;
2018-11-17 12:47
#39
 | 
World ///fuck 
facts = looking at the demographics of some shitty subreddit WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWoeroer0ke0ie tu9w45y7h
2018-11-17 12:48
#41
 | 
Europe deVulse 
"what doesnt fit me is not true" yeah right...
2018-11-17 12:48
#42
 | 
World ///fuck 
you are so DUMB. It is sad.
2018-11-17 12:49
#45
 | 
Europe deVulse 
the irony...
2018-11-17 12:50
#46
 | 
World ///fuck 
says the guy taking these shitty stats as facts
2018-11-17 12:51
#47
 | 
Europe deVulse 
#41 and #45
2018-11-17 12:51
#51
 | 
World ///fuck 
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uK35IXV1.. WOW not even 600 people polled, I am sure this applies to SOCIALISM over all AHAHHAHAHAHA
2018-11-17 12:53
Last sentence: That's not the most accurate data ofc I know reading is hard but come on
2018-11-17 13:27
#76
 | 
World ///fuck 
I read that but people here take this as hard facts. Just read the replies here.
2018-11-17 13:27
No they aren't you just want them to so you can complain about something. People are just discussing the results of the poll.
2018-11-17 13:42
1- 86% are male - Ok and? - 75% are white Ok and? - More than 59% are younger than 21. And only 14% are older than 25. I am 13 and i think Socialism is a great idea and again i don't see your point - 5% are not sure about their gender and 10% aren't sure about sexual orientation. the most of the rest are straight and non-transgender. I am Straight and does it really matter? - 85.5% of these people are against free speech I find this highly unlikely. I like your manipulation tactic, it is actually 2.7%. And even if people did say no to this i can guarantee they are trolling or don't give a fuck about the survey. - 88% of these people support violent riots What on? What topics? And only 9.9% in all situations. - About 52% of them want a revolution Ok? - 61% live with parents Ok, so as you said before 59% are under 21 so that is understandable. - Many other people who "rent own apartments" somehow are unemployment, so they get money from parents Ok, maybe they are in University or they are in the middle of finding a job, or are an apprentice and are getting paid little money. - Only 24% of these people call themselves "poor". In the same time, many of these "poor" people rent own apartments and somehow study in college. Yes, Their own bank accounts might not have much money but their parents do to be able to send them to college. Everyone kind of starts of poor when you start University. - Most of these people are from rich countries like USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, Sweden Ok and? They think socialism would be great for their country because of their economical stand point.
2018-11-17 12:17
> I am 13 and i think Socialism is a great idea ty
2018-11-17 12:17
Ok and. Please argue with me as your points literally do not mean anything and i don't know why you started this thread.
2018-11-17 12:19
> "i don't know why you started this thread" > imgur.com/a/rW6cnDU can you tell me more about starting useful threads?
2018-11-17 12:21
That is besides the point, this is a political thread, which contains actual conversation with people taking their time to research only then realising there is no point within this specific thread.
2018-11-17 12:55
you're really smart for a 13 yo boy, but i just don't see points to argue. blackmaster already said what i would say. have a good one.
2018-11-17 13:50
Thanks sir, was a pleasure having a convo with you.
2018-11-17 13:53
youre 13 years old youre barely starting high school yet you think your opinion on politics is relevant? you cant even vote
2018-11-17 13:02
Because i can not vote and io give an opinion and it automatically means it is invalid.
2018-11-18 02:25
It doesn't make it invalid but you are far too young to have had the time to study and understand politcs enough to give an informed decision
2018-11-25 11:48
I can agree on this.
2018-11-25 11:49
#99
valens | 
United States ImDefex 
youre too young
2018-11-17 14:24
ok
2018-11-18 02:26
You are proving his point mate. The common factor here is lack of life-experience.
2018-11-17 12:25
Does that matter if it fits their agenda?
2018-11-17 12:35
It does matter. Cause a lot of the things that socialists believe in, might work in theory, but not in the real world. People with life-experience know this. I live in Norway, and i'm not anti socialist, in fact i am very thankful for our welfare system. I'm just tired of young people that think communism and anarchy might work. Spoiler alert: history proves that it doesn't.
2018-11-17 12:48
I can agree with the second point because i have lived in Norway and my dad expresses is liking for socialism (he is not poor xD) But the first point, you are able to make the ecxuse for any ideology.
2018-11-17 12:50
You are 13 years old and your dad i allegedly rich. Can i assume you have never had to truly work for something? Once you get a little older and more independent on your parents, then we can start talking politics. Try working your ass off to provide for a family only to have it taxed away for people who either don't need it, or abuse to system for some free cash. Of course i am taking it to the extremes here, and it's not always like that, but for a smart 13 year old like you with Norwegian education, i'm sure you understand.
2018-11-17 13:02
I completely understand, i am young and may not undersatnd the full context of Socialism and Capitalism but thank you anyway. Have a nice night or day.
2018-11-17 13:31
HAHAHAHA YOURE 13
2018-11-17 12:41
*you're youre isn't a word 13 but i can still take your bitch and correct your grammar.
2018-11-17 12:43
Hahahahaha, I'm so sorry Mr. 13-year-old English professor. Oh wait, you're also a 13-year-old economics professor. This is too funny. Maybe once you grow up and make some money, you will see the flaws with your ideology
2018-11-17 12:45
The sad thing is that you actually lost an argument to a 13 year old and the funny thing is you actually resorted to insults lmao. Oh and i have heard you have a couple human rights violation for freedom of expression, lovely country you have there. Along with unlawful attacks on Yemen, which are likely war crimes.
2018-11-17 12:52
1) How did I lose an argument? I never started one with you. Pointing out that I didn't use an apostrophe is not winning an argument. 2) You're the first one who resorted to insults. 3) Yes, because I completely support everything this country does. Jesus, you're one delusional 13-year-old. I really hope your parents learn to raise you better.
2018-11-17 12:55
1) Be honest you intended to create one. That would obviously trigger a response. 2) Saying " I can take your bitch" is not an insult, if you think it is, well i am sorry butyou're a snowflake. 3) Again nice human rights violations. Judging my mum and dad's parenting skills of an HLTV thread is stupid.
2018-11-17 13:01
1) Why would I intend to create an argument with you? Don't lie to yourself, I have better things to do. 2) Then calling you a thirteen-year-old is also not an insult, so no I didn't start. 3) I have every right to judge your mom and dad's parenting skills. Speaking of human rights, are you violating my right to free speech by not letting me question your mom and dad's parenting skills? Yeah, they really messed up with you.
2018-11-17 13:24
1)Then why would you say that, the average person would respond? 2) "Hahahahaha, I'm so sorry Mr. 13-year-old English professor. Oh wait, you're also a 13-year-old economics professor." Implying i am not smart. 3) I never meant to say you could not, i was meant to say that it is unreasonable to critique parenting skills purely based on a forum thread.
2018-11-17 13:30
1) My intent was not to create an argument, I don't see why you still don't understand that. 2) Yeah, I am implying you are not smart. 3) No, it is perfectly reasonable.
2018-11-17 13:33
We will be going on forever at this rate, lets just agree to disagree. as i disagree with you on two of these.
2018-11-17 13:37
you didnt win shit you retard
2018-11-17 13:03
yes i know
2018-11-17 13:04
#73
 | 
Brazil madeinamerica 
Typical socialist who uses iPhone sustained by parents
2018-11-17 13:26
I do not have an Iphone i have a Huawei mate 10 lite.
2018-11-17 13:27
A product of capitalism...
2018-11-17 13:33
Ok, i worked for it.
2018-11-17 13:36
There you go! You are understanding the fundamentals of capitalism! The more you work, the more money you get, therefore you can treat yourself with luxuries such as your phone.
2018-11-17 13:38
#128
 | 
United Arab Emirates pigeoN1 
That's still capitalism
2018-11-18 15:18
And it was like 4000 kr so like 400 USD. So a little less for the average smart phone.
2018-11-17 13:36
Expected
2018-11-17 12:18
#27
mixwell | 
Spain loviac 
"- 85.5% of these people are against free speech". Yes, but restricted in the case of hate speech or reactionary ideologies 228 (40,9%) You consider this being against free speech? And btw you counted the people that didn't answer like they were against the free speech.
2018-11-17 12:32
> "Freedom of speech is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment" > "Yes, but restricted in the case of hate speech or reactionary ideologies" If you restrict speech because of "hate speech or reactionary ideologies" it is not a "free speech". I'm not some libertarian radical, but you can't censor something because of victimless crime and call it "free speech". So yeah, I truly consider this clause as a being against free speech. I didn't try to trick anyone, that's why I shared the links.
2018-11-17 12:52
#56
mixwell | 
Spain loviac 
So many "democratic countries" don't have speech freedom from your pov?
2018-11-17 13:01
yes
2018-11-17 13:03
absolutely
2018-11-17 14:26
#101
oskarJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
There will be always some restriction of freedom of speech because it may conflict with other rights and freedoms. Your understanding of freedom of speech is hence totally delusional. You could also draw the conclusion only 14% are in favour of freedom of speech.
2018-11-17 14:26
and where did i say that violating rights and freedoms of other people are parts of free speech? you triggered on something that i never said and then called me "delusional". you need to calm down.
2018-11-17 14:38
apparently it's easier to work a shovel than use your brain
2018-11-17 12:46
>only 14% are older than 25 Expected
2018-11-17 13:04
#67
Tuurtle | 
Brazil L1sTnF 
I feel here in Brazil, the mostly of "socialist" people are woman. I might be out of world pattern
2018-11-17 13:12
Google "Research" as a source, RIP
2018-11-17 13:29
Honestly dont think one ideology is the best way too go. Socialism has its perks, but so does liberalism and the only one i have a hard time understanding is conservatives. Sure keeping your countrys traditions to an extent is a good thing, but to become a better society you need to evolve and improve. I would not consider myself neither a socialist or a liberal. Im somewhere between AKA a Liberal socialist. I want everyone to have a chance in society but working hard needs to pay off!
2018-11-17 13:33
Progress, in general, is not bad. The cultural progress that we see today, however, is bad. For example, the feminist movement, the LGBT movement, transgenderism, multiculturalism, cultural Marxism, etc. is the reason conservatism exists. It's not against progress, it's against the types of progress I've mentioned above. Sadly most modern conservatives aren't even conservatives anymore, just in name
2018-11-17 13:36
those arent socialist demographics, theyre reddit demographics fucking retard
2018-11-17 13:37
I wonder if it's much different in real life
2018-11-17 13:40
I wrote "That's not the most accurate data ofc, but it's still not a bit, and it shows us some reality" specially for people like you. But np, here is some irl data. I link only left or center newspapers only because some people ignore everything righter than center. Here you go: Washington Post: More young people voted for Bernie Sanders than Trump and Clinton combined — by a lot washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/.. CNBC: Most young Americans prefer socialism to capitalism, new report finds cnbc.com/2018/08/14/fewer-than-half-of-y.. USA Today: Today's kids love socialism — but it's not because of their radical professors usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/01/10/st..
2018-11-17 14:02
Lmfao! Surveying /r/ and expecting to find anything other than middle class white people. I had no idea this level of mince existed.
2018-11-17 14:16
The skin color is unsurprising given the countries where the people are from. The percentage of males would be surprising if it wasn't a reddit survey. Same for the age. The sexual minority question is also problematic when you ask young people, it's the time period where people question their sexuality and their identity the most, I'm actually surprised the numbers aren't higher, but I guess it's not something people would necessarily want to admit even in a survey? ----- "85.5% of these people are against free speech" This is wrong, in fact the majority answered that they're in favor of free speech, it's just that they want limits to this free speech (which is reasonable, without limits on rights, enforcement of those rights becomes impossible). ----- "88% of these people support violent riots" I haven't checked if 88% is accurate, but from what I saw it's at least a big majority, and this is quite problematic, but unsurprising coming from a predominantly young male population, I see the same kind of problem among the more conservative male youth, which in majority seems to be in favor of violence from the police or military for example, or from any kind of authority in general. ----- "About 52% of them want a revolution" When you see the political compass of the sample I'm surprised it's not higher because it seems to be dominated by branches of communism and anarchism. ----- "61% live with parents" Which is normal given the age of the sample ----- "Many other people who "rent own apartments" somehow are unemployment, so they get money from parents" Which is normal given the age of the sample ----- "Only 24% of these people call themselves "poor". In the same time, many of these "poor" people rent own apartments and somehow study in college." No contradiction at all, it depends which country you live in but you can be poor and still go to college and rent a residence, either through your parents' help or through a part time job, or both. Often it doesn't even have to be an apartment but simply a dorm room or something of this caliber. ----- "Most of these people are from rich countries like USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, Sweden" Yes, and the survey was made online, and worse, only through Reddit. If you want a representative sample you'll have to go in the field and make sure that you're respecting the distribution of the population you want to study. So for example, studying rich countries while interviewing a majority of young people is a problem because rich countries are also the countries with the oldest populations. Making representative surveys is not easy, but if your survey is not representative then I think it's not very useful. I respect the motivation and work they put into it, but I think it's pointless except to study the left-wing reddit population.
2018-11-17 14:21
the whole #95 is also for you.
2018-11-17 14:45
Articles arguing that young people prefer socialism. I haven't looked at their data, but let's assume it's correct for the sake of this conversation. That doesn't mean that socialism is in majority composed of young people. Especially in countries with old populations. You're confusing the sets: it's not because the group X in majority shares the idea Y that it means that the idea Y is shared in majority by people from group X. So your articles are relevant to study the young population (again, assuming their data is correct), not to study the socialist population. I also don't see how that relates to the previous survey you linked in your OP. It's still analyzing the left-wing reddit population, not the socialist population. I'm not saying that it's a useless survey if your goal was to study the left-wing reddit population, but if your goal was to study the socialist population, I think you're making a mistake using this survey to reach conclusions, even tentative conclusions, because even with a representative sample reaching more than tentative conclusions means some degree of extrapolation, but without a representative sample, you can't even reach any sort of conclusion because you're not even studying the population you're trying to study.
2018-11-17 15:15
I got you. But I did not talk about the whole socialist population anyway. You can find data about socialist demographics by yourself, that's not the theme of the thread. My only conclusion was that the most people who critize capitalism on internet are rich kids. Again. I don't even say that "most of socialists on internet are rich kids" (because of most people on internet don't write anything at all), I only hint that people who participate in political discussions actively have no really much working and life exprience. Is it an interesting subject to discuss? No, actually not at all, but I didn't think that this thread will get so much attention. Actually it was just an act of relaxation between two other more important activities.
2018-11-17 15:51
I would not even go so far personally. I would reach the conclusion that most people who criticize capitalism on Reddit are "not poor" young people, keeping in mind that this tentative conclusion would be an extrapolation of the data from r/socialism to the whole Reddit. I won't use the term "kids" because I consider 20+ yo people as adults, but I suppose that by "kids" you meant people who lack experience in the workforce. I won't use the term "rich" because the data actually points to a minority of rich people. Unless you want to aggregate all the people who chose something else than "poor" as "rich", which is not something I'm willing to do. At best I could extend this tentative conclusion to social media instead of only Reddit, but even then it would be a stretch, because we're completely out of the bounds of the data. Not even talking about the whole internet. But honestly "not poor" young people are who you would expect to find in there. The Internet is already a big filter for wealth (and a bit for age regarding our oldest seniors), then social media like Reddit is already a big filter for age. But I understand that this thread has escaped the purpose that you had for it, that's the issue with public content, once it's released it's mainly the public who decides what happens with it ^^.
2018-11-17 17:53
#102
oskarJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
Your conclusions are awesome. This survey doesn't make sense if there is no comparison to the whole reddit userbase In addition 500 people answered the survey, which were not randomly chosen. Are you fuck you? I doesn't make sense to draw any conclusions but nt!
2018-11-17 14:29
my only conclusion was that the most people who critize capitalism on internet are rich kids from rich countries. i have no idea why we need "the whole reddit userbase" for it. if you want some more realistic data check out links in #95.
2018-11-17 14:43
#106
oskarJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
And the reason for that could maybe be the fact that the reddit userbase consists of mostly rich kids from rich countries which would give the conclusion you made no meaningfulness at all. If you wan't to draw that conclusion, that the the subreddit socialsism especially attracts these types of humans, you have to compare it to the average userbase. And the biggest ouch in this thread is like i said the point that this survey isn't something which deserves to be called like that.
2018-11-17 14:49
> imgur.com/gallery/cPzlB the whole reddit: 46% are older than 25 /r/socialism: 14% are older than 25 i guess you will narrate some great explanation here? but please don't insult me and don't put words into my mouth this time, be a good boy ;)
2018-11-17 15:11
#111
oskarJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
I don't insult you but why didn't you put this comparison in your initial post. I just pointed out some facts why it doesn't make any sense to conlude things like you did with this thread. The most significant one is that the survey doesn't follow scientific standards in all respects. And yes, one could bring up some legit possible explanations, which doesn't match yours, for the difference in the age structure.
2018-11-17 15:22
> I don't insult you I meant #101, "delusional" isnt the nice word to say. Read #112, I would write the same comment as reply to yours. I didn't try to follow any scientific standards at all, it's just some observations that can be carried over to HLTV from reddit. Have a good one.
2018-11-17 15:56
#114
oskarJ | 
Czech Republic y0fl0w 
Okay, let's call it a day. But to make that clear again, i never wanted to insult you. Have a good one too.
2018-11-17 16:13
#107
 | 
Sweden mrnotgay 
this is fucking hilarious, young people who get money from their parents and have no experience of working (or really anything else) are socialists, just what I'd expect. thank you for posting
2018-11-17 14:51
this is just the demographics from average reddit users though lmao pointless data collection good job wasting your time kid
2018-11-17 19:04
it's not? much more young people, much less women. and i really doubt that "average reddit users" support violent riots and want "revolution".
2018-11-17 20:01
#129
k0nfig | 
Denmark nalleB 
How is this thread so popular? It's obvious that OP has no clue what Socialism is It's also obvious that the "stats" displayed is taken straight out of the arse. The supposed "100k response" survey spreadsheet (with no sources) only has 569 paragraphs. People with no understanding of politics baiting other people with no understanding of politics with material that has no sources. Welcome to HLTV.
2018-11-18 15:23
> "It's obvious that OP has no clue what Socialism is" > "People with no understanding of politics..." The problem is that I did not talk about socialsm here at all. But you can tell us all what is socialism if you want, even tho this thread isn't about it! Btw, why you write it with a capital letter?
2018-11-18 15:54
#137
k0nfig | 
Denmark nalleB 
Your first sentence makes no sense. No. Just educate yourself before spreading misinformation. I'm not here to educate you, but to tell you to only speak on subjects where you have any sort of a clue at all. Capital letter to differentiate between different kind of ideologies, so that you know I'm talking about the pure form of Socialist philosophy, which has MANY kind of completely different ideologies and systems associated with it.
2018-11-18 16:19
i still have no idea where did i say something about socialism itself, but thanx for the bumb! and it's always nice to talk with smart people like you, i feel really sorry that you are here "not to educate" me, but thanx for bump!
2018-11-18 16:29
i can already tell you're retarded just by the wording "socialism followers"
2018-11-18 15:28
"capitalistm is the worst genocidal garbage that ever happened" - skaven dude, getting called "retard" by you is a huge compliment for me. thank you very much!
2018-11-18 15:47
capitalism sick stats, mvp
2018-11-18 15:52
yeah, top1 goat
2018-11-18 16:10
best kda
2018-11-18 16:21
sick stats turbo find me a survey where socialists show their income every year then come back to me that socialists on internet are rick kids.
2018-11-19 23:33
- 85.5% of these people are against free speech 15% of the people responding that there should not be any restrictions on free speech doesnt mean that 85% is against free speech. nice bait i r8 3/8 for your efforts
2018-11-18 16:19
#49 restricting "free speech" because you just don't like some ideology is a nonsense.
2018-11-18 16:24
let's let paedophiles hold rallies and wave signs saying how fucking children is ok. you know, free speech.
2018-11-18 16:26
and since when it's called "hate speech" or "reactionary ideology"? you described calls for violence, and it's not a part of free speech anywhere.
2018-11-18 16:32
and let them broadcast on publicly funded television
2018-11-18 16:33
as long as they don't promote violence ofc
2018-11-18 16:37
fucking a child = act of violence, because he has no legal capacity to agree on a sexual act. you dudes are dangerous if you really compare "reactionary ideology" followers with pedophiles.
2018-11-18 17:42
repression is at the very core of fascism
2018-11-18 17:46
#147
 | 
Denmark Dubbah 
I don't think that data is very correct. The only reason why socialism in Denmark is THAT big, is because of women. They are, generally speaking, the ones who are the most socialist in DK. Not saying men can't be socialist, the majority is women. Hope nobody got butthurt.
2018-11-18 16:37
it's just a survey of a subreddit. but you're right, women irl are more left than men, at least in uk and usa.
2018-11-18 17:25
#152
 | 
Denmark Dubbah 
lol then no wonder that it's 86% wamen
2018-11-18 18:39
reddit such a good source for survey!
2018-11-19 23:32
my only point was to show some hypocrisity of these people from /r/socialism who want socialism. they have no job, life exprience and they get money from parents. it's not an accurate data at all, i (and some other users) already said this few times here, but you guys still trigger and bump this thanx i guess
2018-11-20 04:08
it is inaccurate, its a small sample size and one can easily argue that it shows more that the average reddit user is under 21 and lives at home rather than that it says anything meaningful about socialists.
2018-11-25 11:51
i already posted comparison with main reddit audience, learn to read and stop getting triggered on truth thanx for bump also
2018-11-25 14:58
youre obviously just trying to bait people, if you acted less like a giant asshole it would work better. try to have some fun, okay?
2018-11-25 15:03
you compare rightists with pedophiles and say that Stalin was good for USSR, and now whine that I act like as an asshole. i was quite polite with polite people, but yeah, sorry, can't take you seriously, and i have no idea why do you even expect this after the shit you write.
2018-11-25 15:09
where did i say any of that shit lmao i never said stalin was good. all i said in the past month on the USSR is that they made remarkable technological progress in a couple decades, during communism. i am not going to say it was all great, millions of people died, it was fucking terrible. stalin was a monster. he killed more russians than the nazis. maybe learn to read yourself?
2018-11-25 15:11
> all i said in the past month on the USSR is that they made remarkable technological progress in a couple decades yeah, that's a typical communist myth about techological progress, and you still spread it. i already stated that his "remarkable technological progress" wasnt really great, and already posted link to really credible study from notable economists. i told you this before, but you still talk about "progress" like about some fact.
2018-11-25 15:25
what you said and gave studies on was about economic output, not about weapons.
2018-11-25 15:26
yes, producing weapons and economy are not related
2018-11-25 15:28
ok so if im talking about technological progress, i dont just mean farming equipment and machines for industry, but also weapons. after WW2, arms technology was arguably much more important to russia than economy related technology as war could break out again at any time.
2018-11-25 15:29
also never in my life compared "rightists" with pedo's. i try to avoid using terms like "leftist" or "rightist" because they are vaguely defined terms that 99.999% of ppl just use to hate on ppl who think different from them. its easy to blame all "leftists" for 1 retarded thing some retarded hippy said. or all rightists for what 1 retarded trump supporter says.
2018-11-25 15:10
> justify personal attacks on ben shapiro because he's pro-gun > act like you care about argument fairness, implying that you're against "hate on ppl who think different" nt if you still don't understand, i don't even argue with you, i just explain you why I don't take you seriously. and i really don't, sorry.
2018-11-25 15:32
its not a personal attack on ben shapiro to say that people who are pro gun are pro mass shootings and pro 30.000 gun deaths a year, its a fact. its a consequence of their position. you cant have your cake and eat it too. either you are pro 'gun control' or you are pro 'more people getting shot than in any other western country'.
2018-11-25 15:47
besides that, ben shapiro is literally asking to be personally attacked everywhere. its what enables him to get attention. if no one attacked him, he would be irrelevant. he is a baiter.
2018-11-25 15:48
#182 and this one are still excuses. and again, i don't argue, i just show that you're not the best one to talk about "hate on ppl who think different". have a good evening dude.
2018-11-25 15:55
didnt expect such a thread on hltv but thank you
2018-11-25 16:04
the rest of them are probably not on reddit lmfao
2018-11-25 16:07
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.