Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Should CS:GO learn from other big games?
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Things like bigger tournaments once a year (like LoL Worlds) and a much more transparent elo system (also like LoL LP and promos) for MM. A more invasive anti-cheat (titles like Overwatch and PUBG) Or would you prefer it to stay the same?
2018-11-21 09:58
 | 
Ukraine Najara 
Nah CS GO is dead game Valve do nothing
2018-11-21 09:59
Thorin | 
Netherlands RafV 
ZERO/EIGHT
2018-11-21 10:09
 | 
Russia sneakyboy 
it is true
2018-11-21 10:09
k0nfig | 
Germany Trax_ 
most active valve-game atm though developerwise
2018-11-21 11:22
Germany pmb  
?? what metric do you use? most active will be artifact probably, since it is close to release. if you judge by update frequency, well.. 95% are meaningless with no real change to the engine/gameplay
2018-11-21 11:58
k0nfig | 
Germany Trax_ 
economy change not long ago. Do you want to change the game every 2 weeks (which is pretty much the frequency in which updates were released lately)
2018-11-21 12:48
Germany pmb  
that's not the scope of the question. besides, this game has some big issues like a very low skill cap, resulting in almost everyone in the pro scene being on a pretty even level and more often than not even getting randomly destroyed by normal players in pugs. also a very poor anticheat, in part because this game seems to be made out of spaghetti code which is abusable from multiple angles. so I see big potential improvements, but they are not getting tackled. and changing up the economy a bit was a welcome move and has deep implication on the meta, but it didnt even really need a developer as it is changed by just a few variables.
2018-11-21 12:55
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I wouldn't say low skill cap, just a very easy learning curve. While people can mechanically outaim pros, they wouldn't do well in the pro scene because they dont know timings for flashes on executes, take too long to clear a site because they check unnecassery corners that have already been mollied etc. You should remember the average player is Gold Nova 2/3, pros and similarly mechanically skilled players make up a very small percentage of the player base, they just get more exposure.
2018-11-21 13:55
Germany pmb  
while some pug heros lack the abitlity to work within a team, I dont think many people lack those qualities - would be easily learnable. Pro scene is very hermatic though, most just rotate due to contacts and established fan base and stuff. Point I am trying to make is that on the top of the elo, the games gets pretty random. Party also due to server side hitreg, in many instances it isnt even your mistake when you miss a shot. Tournaments and espeically online games would look like a comedy movie if we would spectate the actual POV, not the server side pov :D
2018-11-21 13:59
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
hahaha, I agree on the last point whole heartedly, just turn on the command for hit registration on bots and it depressing how many red spots I see with the bot still standing with 100hp, taking bullets like a freight train. As for the skill cap, I still think it is relatively high, otherwise 1v2 clutches wouldn't happen very often. While there is a point where there is very little improvement that can be made, this is true with almost everything, and considering other games CS has a pretty high skill cap.
2018-11-21 14:06
Germany pmb  
the theoretical skill cap is indeed pretty high, but I feel like it can only take full effect when having better hit registration. Imagine you shot landing instantly vs landing your shot like after 1 sec of spraying - you are an easy target in the meantime, while it isnt necessarely something you can change. even the very best of players like s1mple miss apparently "easy" shots for no reason other than hit detection. the enemy has time to react and shoot back. I fee llike this is the main thing holding the game back. CS:GO does a lot of stuff right otherwise and is very entertaining - this is the one thing why I am not playing as much anymore, streaming games like Hunt:Showdown currently.
2018-11-21 14:12
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
That's a good point, as the main skill of CS is hitting the hitboxes. The hitreg has gotten better, but it's far from good. They did well with the hitboxes, although not perfect they are pretty good/accurate to the model most times (still a problem with backpacks and the head model being slightly off the hitbox for the head)
2018-11-21 14:23
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Valve has been getting a lot better with their updates recently, far from good, but at least better. But also I think Valve is just doing updates for the sake of making updates rather than making updates the community or the pro scene want. But the pistol nerfs were nice, if a little too extreme
2018-11-21 11:22
 | 
Ukraine Najara 
they made updates only for adding new skins and lootboxes
2018-11-21 11:35
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Like I said, more so for making updates for the sake of updates rather than meaningful updates
2018-11-21 11:59
 | 
United States jhon1307^ 
csgo is still always in steams top 3 no matter what
2018-11-22 05:33
so is pubg
2018-11-22 08:57
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
invasive anti cheat is shit its why i dont play those other games i like my privacy thanks
2018-11-21 10:01
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
What kind of things do you not want people knowing about on your computer?
2018-11-21 10:06
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
can i search your computer?
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Sure, I don’t mind, I’ve got nothing on there other than games and work
2018-11-21 10:11
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
not everyone does okay some people have personal and private info other people have 1tb of hentai
2018-11-21 10:11
Because the anti cheat cares about your hentai
2018-11-21 10:28
 | 
Israel Wetsss 
+1
2018-11-21 12:49
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
no but if the valve were to get hacked a hacker could see my hentai
2018-11-21 20:37
no it couldnt lmao
2018-11-21 20:47
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
actually it could, or did you forget about Gamersclub spying on users or ESEA mining bitcoin?
2018-11-21 20:52
because thats not how anti cheats work, unless you have full access to the anti cheat, and if that happens its easily detectable
2018-11-21 21:40
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
I don't think you know what the invasive part means, it scans your machine for files Your entire machine
2018-11-21 21:39
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I doubt Valve would mine bitcoin or abuse the anticheat it would be a huge blow to their publicity plus it’s not like they need the extra money
2018-11-22 05:27
 | 
France PaulST 
It does seem they like the extra money though, with the cases and stuff..
2018-11-22 07:52
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Volvo pls no turn my PC into minecraft for bitcoinerino
2018-11-22 07:59
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
no but if valve got hacked they could
2018-12-04 11:35
If Valve got hacked there would be more to worry about than just your pc mining bitcoin lmao
2018-12-04 20:02
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Then there should be the option to play with people that don’t have the anti cheat, like trust factor and prime Edit: it’s also just a program to know what programs are running while cs is, not someone rummaging through your pc, but I can see your point
2018-11-21 11:09
i'd rather let the anticheat search my pc than killed by a russian kid with 2 hours on record through a smoke with a negev.
2018-11-21 11:16
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
+1, but I think there should also be the option to just use the regular anti-cheat instead, but if you choose that then you can only be matched with people that also chose that
2018-11-21 11:20
those ppl who have something private should save their shit on external drive anyway.
2018-11-21 11:23
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Why? People shouldn't be forced to do that just because of cheaters in a video game and should have the option not to, if they don't want to. There is literally no reason not to just keep VAC and the Prime system, and ADD the option for a more invasive anti-cheat
2018-11-21 11:26
Not saying that they should be forced to do that? If you have something that you rly don't want others to see it's pretty stupid to keep it on your computer that is connected to the internet anyway. Talking to the guy above who is concerned about his privacy.
2018-11-21 11:29
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Ah I see, I thought you were suggesting people that dont do what you suggested shouldn't be thought of when implementing invasive programs
2018-11-21 11:36
No no the way you said it couldn't be said better. Just add the additional Prime+ something option that rly checks u for cheats. But that probably won't happen, idk how faceit is going to implement it? Is it only going to be enabled on MM? Is it external program that u have to run before u launch the game? If that's the case then it's too big of a pain in the ass for most ppl i guess.
2018-11-21 11:43
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Personally I would like it if it was just launch the anti cheat, then launch csgo, then the option would be available for you to choose to search for only those who have done the same. Wishful thinking maybe, but it would be nice
2018-11-21 12:01
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
and then im forced to play with cheaters because i value my privacy what about people on linux its likely this anti cheat wouldnt work on it
2018-11-21 20:38
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
You would be playing with the same amount of cheaters as you are now. You can’t have everything
2018-11-22 05:24
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
no i would be playing more cheaters wouldnt use so the amount of cheaters i come accross would be higher its why non prime has more cheaters
2018-12-04 11:36
No, you wouldn't. People don't play prime because it's a far bigger hassle to set up a prime account with a new phone or sim card. You would be playing with the same amount of cheaters, granted you may play with less legit people. Even if you DID play with more cheaters, you're just admitting the invasive anti-cheat would be better because it would have less cheaters, and you don't want to improve CS:GO because you're too selfish and scared that people actually give a shit about whats on your computer. Literally anyone that is scared of their 'privacy' on their PC is braindead, if you're so paranoid and it matters that much to you, the data shouldn't be connected to the internet.
2018-12-04 20:18
 | 
Lithuania SatanIsNotMe 
"other people" oke XD
2018-11-21 20:51
 | 
United Kingdom kick_shox_ffs 
weeb
Harvard study shows that anime haters are intellectually inferior to anime fans and anime-neutral people.
I guess csgo went to "popular" game type shit when they started nerfing shit lol about the anti cheat, I guess they dont want a more solid anti cheat cuz could bring privacy problems, and they know everyone who really plays cs already play on other platforms with invasive anti cheats, so mm is for general "all round" gamers or kids that just have csgo as any other game for them to me they should make spray patterns more difficult, stop with this aug type shit, buff pistols again, make time of round and bomb little bit quicker, etc basicly 2015 cs go with a little bit of new things = good game they are making the game easier and easier, for LoL/dota/fortnite type kids zzZZzzZZz
2018-11-21 10:01
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I’m not talking about balancing issues in CS, more about quality of life improvements and the pro scene
2018-11-21 10:07
k0nfig | 
Germany Trax_ 
how is it easier when they nerved pistols? You want them to get buffed so YOU want it to be easier. And the round time/bomb time: Faster rounds = less waiting time; less waiting time = less "boring" time; less "boring" time = more action; more action = more casual players from the games you named. Nice logic.
nah my logic is... the game is playing in one way. but fortnite/minecraft kids keep complaining about how pistols are hard etc (type of guy that complain about auto sniper or p90, 2 of easiest guns to counter if u play for some time) so valve, trying to make csgo a popular game, year by year make the game easier and less skill based. thats my logic, on the round time, its argueable, only opinion but about the guns and shit, I'm 100% right, the game is easier now, I mean easier in terms of skill, in terms of a fortnite kid being able to control all guns in a couple days
2018-11-21 12:38
I have a hard time watching the big turnaments ever since the whole flusha thing in 2014. Valve never cleared anything up, which makes me skeptic whenever I see an "insane" play. So no, I don't think they should put more money into the game, at least not until they improve their anticheat and adress the whole flusha situation, even though it's way too late now.
2018-11-21 10:03
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I agree they should have gone into the flusha situation but many people have already made up their mind if they think he was cheating or not
2018-11-21 10:10
Yeah, it is honestly very frustrating. I fucking love the game, but I can't watch pro CS anymore without having the whole cheating thing in the back of my mind. Fortunately for me I still enjoy watching the game because of NiP.
2018-11-21 10:33
High tier pros don't cheat. Risk vs reward not worth it. I've yet to see a clip of flusha where he looks like he's cheating. It's all about gamesense, crosshair placement and luck. Even if he cheated back then, the risk of getting caught is even greater now. Also if csgo didn't have xray like 1.6, even forsaken would've gone undetected. Just enjoy the games and the plays
2018-11-21 13:04
I don't really like that statement. There are cheats being sold for many thousand dollars, and I can't really see who would buy them except for the tier 1-2 players, seeing as one turnament-win can pretty much set you up for life. So I would definately say the risk is worth it, considering that the anticheat and the "admins" wont be able to notice shit if we talk about those kinds of cheats.
2018-11-22 08:56
High tier pros make way more money from monthly salary, stickers, sponsors and selling merch etc. than from a single tournament win. Consider the prize distribution, org takes about same as a player (if not more), coach takes most likely a bit less than players and only then the rest is divided for 5 players. So from a million, players take like 150k each only. From that they have to pay taxes etc. 150k is nothing for tier 1 teams who make millions each year. Big tournaments like majors have a way different moderating than the tournaments like where forsaken was caught. Not only do they have their own anti-cheat (for example ESEA employs people who have made cheats to improve their anti-cheat), the computers are monitored, admin standing behind them on stage and other pro teams watch their demos.
2018-11-22 13:36
I'm not saying it's impossible for pros to cheat on LAN but doing it for a long period of time (like people say flusha did when they won that many different tournaments in a row) without getting caught, is highly unlikely
2018-11-22 13:39
I can see your point, but I honestly think it has come to a point where even if they detected some kind of cheat it would destroy the scene for good. So I think they are looking the other way when it comes to the big named. f0rsaken was a nonamer, so they had no issues busting him for using microsoft word, but I believe the tier 1 pros are untouchable.
2018-11-23 09:20
And I think the rush of winning a huge turnament is worth the risk, because as stated above, I don't think the risk is that big.
2018-11-23 09:21
Xyp9x | 
Czech Republic @Puget 
I very rarely play against hackers, so im fine with AC being the way it is now. transparent elo system would be nice
2018-11-21 10:07
k0nfig | 
Germany Trax_ 
+1
2018-11-21 11:27
+1 i cant wait for an elo system with flags, ranks tops and shit like that
2018-11-21 11:31
 | 
France Skidy 
+1
2018-11-21 11:31
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I find a few hackers every now and then, not nearly as bad as it used to be, but still I find it an annoyance that it DOES pop up more often than I think it should. But the transparent elo system is one thing that I think would be super easy to implement and would be a huge quality of life improvement for CSGO MM
2018-11-21 12:03
Xyp9x | 
Czech Republic @Puget 
last time i played against a hacker was like 1-2 years ago i only call hacks on spinbotters tho
2018-11-21 12:05
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Yeah that's a problem though, people are blatant without having to spinbot, like prefiring corners or avoiding stacked sites at all costs or catching timings perfect every time, or going 50/19 in an LEM/SMFC game when you went 19/12 in the first half. Maybe the last one was a bad experience of mine but you get the idea, people hack more than just spinbotters, you should download a game if you find someone suspicious, you'd be very surprised at how blatant it looks from their perspective more often than not. Of course sometimes I call hacks on someone and I'm wrong, but you would be VERY surprised at how many times I have downloaded a game after being suspicious of someone then watching their gameplay of them being super obvious
2018-11-21 12:17
Xyp9x | 
Czech Republic @Puget 
I actually download the demos of all the games I play and as i said so far I've got only like 3 hackers that played against me. most of my average kills look pretty sick in the demo because of the shitty tick, so yeah.
2018-11-21 12:39
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
damn 3 hackers in the past how long? We play in different regions, I know Asia has A LOT of cheaters, usually mainland Chinese people
2018-11-21 12:41
Xyp9x | 
Czech Republic @Puget 
past 3 years I get shit ton of people from UK in MM
2018-11-21 12:43
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I live in Asia haha, as you can imagine I don't get many people from the UK or Czech. That's a really good ratio of years:hackers, mine is quite a lot higher unfortunately
2018-11-21 12:45
Xyp9x | 
Czech Republic @Puget 
I see lol I'm going to spend about 4 months in Shanghai, wonder if I will get some cheaters xD
2018-11-21 12:50
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I will pray for you my friend, be ready for "cao ni ma, sha bi" every game, people talking to their friends using ingame chat, people calling you white trash, and refusing to speak English. I've played in Europe, East Asia, and Central Asia/Middle Eastern servers, East asia is probably the worst for cheaters and for toxicity. EU players complain about Russians, but here in Asia we have the entire continent that's toxic
2018-11-21 12:54
Xyp9x | 
Czech Republic @Puget 
o shit xD sounds kinda funny actually lmao
2018-11-21 13:58
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
It is if you don't care about your rank or winning, but I'm a very competitve person over things I probably shouldn't be. Having said that if you don't care about the match (e.g. smurfing with friends, giving yourself handicaps) then it is very funny
2018-11-21 14:08
+1
2018-11-22 08:58
 | 
Finland vetu104 
The competitive map pool needs to be more aggressively shuffled and more often. The pro scene needs to get a proper season system and the map pool tied to that. I don't mind playing on 3rd party services, so the gamemodes/rank system and what not need not to be touched by valve imo. Otherwise the game is fine. E: I was thinking about the stagnant meta in most maps, but on second thought it would probably not change anyway when a map re-enters the pool. So actually I don't know what should be done about that. Probably not possible to have completely new set of maps every year either.
2018-11-21 10:31
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
IMO I don't think people should have to go to 3rd party services to make the most out of a game, 3rd party services should serve a relatively niche role when compared to MM.
2018-11-21 11:18
Cs go is dead and cs go is the worst game ever dont eaven talk about condition The only reason cs go become popular was because of the skins and all the youtube videos of skin gambling i mean like cmon the game engine the most broken one, the hitboxes are still horrible and the tick rate ????? They just keep doing the same thing add skins,cases,new guns and they make allot of money but thank god BGs came and fuck the player base cause maybe now they will start fixing sh it but again its to late and im only fearing what will happen if they decided to do another cs game for me personally tClassic offensive was a real counter strike game and it would become huge not only cause of the good gameplay feeling and good fps but cause its what cs is and not some skin simulator but again valve saw how much of a threat that game would be so they bought it and never heard about it till this day i still wonder why that game its not out there fu cking valve probably payed the guy to never work on it fu cking bastards and by the way if any of you valve co workers are watching this thx for ruining a great series and if your not good at computer games do it like blizzard go and do mobile games you fa gs fat fu cks
2018-11-21 10:23
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I don’t get why people say cs is a dead game, it’s still one of the most popular games and the tick rates really aren’t that bad, they’re one of the best in competitive first person shooters currently, though it would be nice for them to be even better. I just want a game I enjoy playing to be the best it can be
2018-11-22 07:49
0/8
2018-11-22 09:03
s1 | 
Ukraine mple 
At least CS:GO has a good tickrate compared to underwatch's 20 tick. All of you silvers complaining about 64 tick go and play underwatch to see how bad it can get.
2018-11-21 10:34
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I agree with that, overwatch's tick system is poopoo and so if Battlefield's for the most part, but there's nothing wrong with wanting the game to be as good as it can be, I'm not overly bothered about tickrate, but I am/was annoyed at the elo cryptic elo system in MM. It just seemed pointless IMO.
2018-11-21 11:17
I would like a ladder with a big tournament at the end, like Blizzard does for SCII or did for WC3. Let's see which team cheats its way up and gets totally destroyed on LAN.
2018-11-21 11:21
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
A ladder would be nice, similar to the ones Facit does, with their wins/points system, with SOMETHING at the end instead of just Faceit points
2018-11-21 12:12
We do need a revamp in the MM system, if it's either elo, ladders, new ranks.. whatever be better than what we got now. Im pretty certain that they might be doing it as well, but dunno. think it will be one of the "Major" updates for CS:GO in the upcoming future, (with Source 2 being the other major update). 128 tick? Meh.. i feel thats not rly that important, and we just making way too much of a big deal out of it. But we shouldn't have to rely SO MUCH on 3rd party platforms to play a game either. Another thing be the Esports scene. There is WAY too many tournaments, other day i saw on twitter we had like 600+ tournaments.. with a lower prize pool with all tournaments combined vs LoL and Dota2 (which I think we should not copy their style completely, but do something similar) we need to reduce the amount of tournaments, make them more interesting to watch, get community more involved, make tournaments have more meaning (like having a point system for pro teams, and with that u get invites for the future upcoming "Major").. and so on, and not to play them ONLY for money. A "The International" for CS:GO would be amazing I think. Make the tournament most important of the year a CELEBRATION OF THE GAME, a "festival" of it. And not how it is now.. that is all about the pros and money.
2018-11-21 11:46
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
+1 for the revamp/improvements to MM, I agree you shouldn't need to rely on 3rd party services and the international for CSGO would be fucking amazing, like a CS festival. I disagree with less tournaments however, or at least the way you put it. I enjoy being able to watch at least a t3/4 game every day/week if I want to. There's still a similar amount of 'big' events throughout this year, there's just more lower/mid tier events that have actually caught attention recently
2018-11-21 12:10
Well its quite obvious what can be done to improve cs:go mm its just valve doesnt give a fuck
2018-11-21 11:48
there is absolutely nothing that riot games ever did that valve should adopt. nothing at all.
2018-11-21 12:01
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
+1, Haha. On a more serious note, riot isn't without their flaws but they have a hell of a lot less than Valve
2018-11-21 12:05
i wasn't joking. riot games are a deplorable company. they fucked over their earliest supporters, had teams cheating live on stage and tried to hide the fact, actively killed off the 3rd party circuit and currently have a court case against them for sexual harrassment and rape of an employee. fuck riot games.
2018-11-24 21:17
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
so you don't think they could learn anything, not listening to the community, not adding more people to the csgo dev roster, not releasing meaningful updates, investigating alleged cheaters OUTSIDE of majors, not taking their MM playlist seriously, not talking to active high level players. Riot may be bad, but there's something to learn from everything, riot handles their game better than valve does. Valve actively killed the gambling scene, refuse to investigate alleged cheaters, have so few people working on csgo and never have open talks with the community.
2018-11-24 22:36
LOL are you trying to say that killing the skin gambling scene (which was violating the steam user agreement from the start) was a bad thing? yea, poor skin gambling sites can't rip off kids anymore. how dare valve? /s and how is riot "handling their game better" exactly? by changing the meta every 2 weeks? by making huge changes to the game right before the world championship, like they've done multiple times? by making changes to the game specifically designed to eliminate certain strategies, like they've done multiple times? by catering to casual players over the pro scene, like they always do? again, fuck riot games.
2018-11-25 01:28
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
they dont change the meta every 2 weeks, they change the meta every season, something some players feel keeps the game fresh. Killing the gambling scene and trading/selling/buying sites was a double edged blade, it gave valve more money but less people wanted to play the game, and you had to be fucking retarded to be scammed, anyone that got scammed deserved it for being stupid. Riot eliminated certain strategies when they were 'unfun' to play against or overly successful (tank Yasuo comes to mind) and how have they catered to the casual scene over the pro scene, they literally talk to high elo players constantly to get their thoughts on the current state of the game and how it could improve. The time they changed things before Worlds are far and few between, though they did do it this year which was dumb. It's genuinely dumb to think that there's NOTHING to learn from riot.
2018-11-25 19:21
they didn't kill the gambling scene, real money gambling is alive and well. they killed the skin gambling scene, which was against the steam user agreement and potentially illegal (underage gambling). that's no double edged sword. and valve has a money printing machine called steam, they don't need more money. high elo players are not pros, they're still casuals. and they've made massive changes before 3 worlds, not just this year. it's a recurring theme, they think it's fun to 'spice things up' right before worlds. the ONE thing to learn from riot, is how NOT to do things.
2018-11-26 13:10
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
If valve dont need more money then why would they put out updates at all for csgo? or dota? or anything else? ofc vlave needs money everyone needs money, and what about trading sites (like OPSkins) and the trade restrictions, if you dont think thats not for money then you're baiting. In LoL higher elo casuals could easily be picked up by professional teams or used to be professionals because their elo system isnt braindead, challengers make up something like .1% of players, whereas globals make up a bit more than 1%. Valve elo system sucks, the majors are mediocre for the biggest fps esport, the AC is dreadful, Valve could learn from making the game better from the elo system from LoL, Valve could learn from making a Worlds/International from themselves or LoL, and I'd honestly prefer things being 'spiced up' before a major than to keep game breaking bugs and broken weapons throughout a tournament like olofboost, the jumping glitch that big used, and the tec-9. And before you say the tec-9 wasnt broken, it was, if the best player in the world gets more kills with a $500 pistol than any other gun during a major, it's broken. In terms of tweaking things before a big tournament they're at the opposite ends of the spectrum, riot changes things too much, valve doesn't change anything for a few years. Valve could learn from Riot, stop demonising Riot just because you don't like them. Valve is even worse when it comes to morals and how they turn a blind eye when it makes them money (games that are against their user agreement like sexist, racist games etc.) but go after gambling sites like they were Judas himself. Valve is shit when it comes to CS:GO, they got better recently but they're still abysmal
2018-11-27 01:06
i'm not demonising riot, everything is said about them is provable. "Valve is even worse when it comes to morals" no. riot found through internal investigation that one of their employees DRUGGED AND RAPED another employee AND ALLOWED HIM TO KEEP HIS JOB! he wasn't suspended or penalised. how could that possibly be 'morally better' than valve? (and before you ask: this is directly from the court documents of the case against riot) true, valve did indeed turn a blind eye to skin trading sites, but all skin trading sites violated the steam user agreement and should have been shut down immediately. valve acted late, but legally it was the right thing to do. and yes, of course they will do what is necessary to protect their revenue streams, when is say "they don't need money" i obviously mean they won't do things ONLY for the sake of increasing profit. btw, they went "after gambling sites like they were Judas himself." because the seattle gambling commission forced them to, they were going to hold valve responsible for the underage gambling going on.
2018-11-29 11:45
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Skin trading sites aren't against the terms of use, gambling did. Legally there was no need to shutdown trading sites at all, they did it for money. Riot had/has one problem they are currently actively trying to solve (allegedly, I don't work at Riot so idk if they're staying true to their word they're trying to get better) as for the rape allegations they're not proven yet, but even if they were employee =/= company. Valve as a company is worse than Riot in terms of morals, Riot is far better at pandering to the community than Valve (though it's like $20 to change server on LoL which is a fucking nightmare for someone like me that travels between SEA and EUW at least twice a year) Valve is far more money hungry to the detriment of CS. They take forever to make patches to actually broken exploits, Riot is far more on the ball when it comes to things like that. Also, can you link the rape case against the Riot employee, I can only find a sexist joke that was made and the COO being accused of harrassment (which i certainly don't doubt after reading the articles). Regardless of the rape allegations, you don't think Valve could learn ANYTHING from Riot? Not the speed at which they fix things, not the balancing patches, not actually speaking to the community, not being in touch with both pro players and high elo more casual players. To say there is NOTHING to learn from Riot is just dumb, there are things they can learn from Riot like the things I listed previously, plus a change to the MM elo system is definitely needed, cus it actually sucks so hard that it sucks dick at sucking dick
2018-11-29 16:19
skin trading is commercial use of steam accounts. it's undisputably against the steam user agreement. stop talking bullshit.
2018-12-01 20:57
the point about the rape is that the employee was allowed to remain in the company even after it was known. the executives, the COMPANY, decided that. this tweet contains the extract of the court documents in question: twitter.com/FourEcchiTasty/status/106007.. (i knew you wouldn't believe me)
2018-12-01 21:05
As you can tell I got banned lol It's not that I didn't believe you because it sounded too bad to be true or whatever, I just couldn't find it myself so was curious if it actually existed. Commercial use of Steam accounts is completely fine, Valve is just allowed to charge you for those taxes. They obviously did the trading changes to stunt trading as a whole, which a feature, because they didn't make money off of trading, whereas they make money from the steam market. But answer my original question, you think there is nothing at all to learn from Riot? Nothing that I listed? You proved that Riot isn't the bets company, but there are still things they do a damn sight better than Valve, and you think they do everything worse than Valve? Surely not
2018-12-01 23:16
quote from the steam subscriber agreement: " Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a non-exclusive license and right, to use the Content and Services for your personal, NON-COMMERCIAL (!!!) use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms). " valve never expressly allowed the commercial use of csgo skins, therefore ALL the skin trading sites were in violation of the agreement. again, stop talking bullshit. and my final answer is STILL no, nothing to learn from riot. if you think pandering to the reddit outrage-mob is a positive on riots part, i have to disagree. and riot's mm/elo system is better because they have a larger playerbase, that's all.
2018-12-05 00:51
Valve knows what to do and how to it correctly, They just dont give a fk. They did pretty good job with Dota. They dont care about CS. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 2-3 people hired to work on CS while dota have 10x more. CS is alive because of community and legendary players and teams. It took them 6 years to add mp5 so stop expecting more from them. CS as we knew it is done. It will be worse after some time.
2018-11-21 12:21
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Just wishful thinking for a game I enjoy playing, just wondering about other's opinions on how CS:GO could improve :)
2018-11-21 12:43
They should start listening to community and work because right now They do nothing. Honestly this new menu is most useless thing in CSGO history. They added new layout instead of updating MM ranks and improving anti cheat.
2018-11-21 13:25
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
+1 completely agree, they update CS for the sake of updating, no REAL update the community has wanted has come out since Operation Hydra and the 5-7 and KEK-9 were reworked
2018-11-21 13:48
Thats the main reason why Im not playing anymore. I just watch tournaments as I always do since counter strike tournaments started. It was kinda weird that I had to play this game on faceit because original servers are shit, ranks are fvcked up and cheaters on supreme/global are normal thing. CS 1,6 was different because the game was about playing esl or pracc on Your own server. You could ban cheater at any moment
2018-11-21 14:33
dude u dont know the biggest e-sport tournament ? and mentioning lol are u baiting ? dota has 25 million prize pool its like 10x more than LOL jeez this kids
2018-11-21 12:51
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I just play LoL more than DOTA, so that's what comes to mind. Chill bro, take the dick out of ur butthole
2018-11-21 12:56
Things like bigger tournaments once a year (like LoL Worlds) and a much more transparent elo system (also like LoL LP and promos) for MM. A more invasive anti-cheat (titles like Overwatch and PUBG)
2018-11-21 13:32
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Reported, reply needs to have actual content
2018-11-21 13:41
 | 
Israel soprendo 
Do you really want a building mechanic?
2018-11-21 13:05
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
:( no. Learn from the quality of life aspects of big games would be a better way of phrasing it
2018-11-21 13:18
LoL sucks. things csgo needs: - OT vote option in MM - new operations each semester - top tier anti cheat - more gpu focused and not cpu - more severe penalty for quitters. e.g after 7 days, 15 days, 30 days... - improve graphics and make game more expensive so cheaters won't buy 1 each month ffs. - custom MM with 8v8 like casual. would be hella fun.
2018-11-21 13:31
JZFB | 
Lithuania gime114 
omegasemester, not everyone who plays cs is a 12yo kid who goes to school. Having ops every summer would be nice tho, considering most people tend to stick closer to home during the holiday (i.e. in winter Northerners go skiing, usually in another country, so no chance to play cuz 1. no pc 2. no energy after skiing all day. The rest are absolutely subjective, improved graphics, heavier anti cheat will make the game harder to run and it's already harder to run than LoL or Dota, making it pretty heavy for an esports title. The GPU>CPU would require a new engine (source 2 might do the job tho), more expensive game, again esports titles are meant to be accessible to everyone, so higher price tag would kinda ruin it (don't forget that literally any big esports game was free (with the only exception being cs and it is the cheapest paid esports game right now)). Custom modes can be setup by anyone with community servers anyway, so no need for that, but OT in mm would be nice (especially since they have OT in the majors). I think making mm a bit more competitive and rewarding overall would be a great improvement, since people showed they want that with ESEA and Faceit.
2018-11-21 13:43
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I don't enjoy LoL as much as CSGO, but you have to admit their elo/ranking system is way better than CSGO's and Worlds is way better than Majors. OT vote is a good idea actually, as for gpu>cpu focus I couldn't care less I get like 400fps anyway. penalty for quitters so severe should come with a longer period where you can rejoin then, I have 'abandoned' a game because it doesn't give enough time to fix what my problem was e.g. power got briefly cut so I have to reboot power then my router and PC, login to steam launch csgo etc.
2018-11-21 13:45
 | 
France p2l 
pubg anti cheat is a joke, vac is already way better
2018-11-21 13:54
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Maybe at launch and the few months following PUBG’s release it’s anti cheat was poor, now it’s superior to VAC, I run into a lot less cheaters when I used to play PUBG than even now when I play cs
2018-11-22 07:56
 | 
Poland KyemonOOO 
+1111111111
2018-11-21 14:24
 | 
Serbia K4bby 
New ranking system is for sure needed
2018-11-21 14:25
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
+1 current MM elo system is dumb and cryptic for literally no reason Edit: maybe not even ‘new’ just a rework of the current one
2018-11-22 07:57
 | 
Hungary Shiron212 
hell no they should do an update to display your ELO and add an option to choose 64 or 128 tick servers on MM (because older machines run worse on 128 tick servers or something like that, so it would be the potato pc world)
2018-11-21 20:50
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
What part was the hell no for, you just have very similar suggestions for quality of life and didn’t mention which parts you disagree with
2018-11-22 07:53
CS needs to learn from dota / league in so much stuff
2018-11-21 20:53
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Agreed, they are much better maintained games and speak with the community much more. Valve is good at making updates for csgo just not very useful ones
2018-11-22 08:09
Like pubg axaxaxaxaxaxax
2018-11-22 08:59
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
2018-11-29 16:24
The Counter Strike Global offensive International 2019. Valve pls do this. Why only care fucking Dota2
2018-11-22 09:02
>PUBG >Anticheat Wat doink
2018-11-23 09:30
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
I've never ran into a cheater on PUBG, and I literally play on Chinese servers where hackers are supposedly 'rampant'. Try playing trust factor CS and tell me how VAC is better than Battle Eye
2018-11-29 16:23
 | 
Germany hyd33 
LOL
2018-11-24 22:37
 | 
United Kingdom shmilx 
Reply needs to have actual content
2018-11-29 16:24
 | 
Germany hyd33 
Lemme try: KYS That good, homie?
2018-11-29 18:08
A couple more big tournaments (maybe one more major/year), more thorough checks throughout the duration of said tournaments. Other than that, CS can't be compared to other big games like LoL, SC2 or DoTA 2, as it's the only FPS this big (not being from the same genre makes it so that you cannot apply the same principles viable for the others).
2018-11-29 16:34
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.