The following is not a rant or one of those posts you simply ignore because it's "opinionated hokum", it's an analysis of the events that have taken place on HLTV this past year or so. Let us not repeat the incidents of widespread bans because users are incompetent and disrespectful when you do not have to be.
Well frankly I'm very disappointed in the users of HLTV breaking the rules and not treating others properly... which is a shame because you're all brilliant people individually speaking. The family issues at home aside (house renovation still undergo) I figured I would quickly check HLTV on my PS4 to see when the next match starts for ESC S6 Finals (I've been watching it while I work) to find the forums essentially lost track of itself because of the users within. From NiKo's Tweet being blown out of proportion, to more delusional witch-hunting, a dilapidated hostility caused by chaos and anarchy...? Why? It needs to stop once and for all, so I'm typing this as a reminder to all users who evidently do not care about the forums or the administration staff moderating it.
So let me make it clear for you all:-
**- All opinions are to be respected and every user on HLTV should matter, not the other way round.**
If "User A" assumes xyp9x to cheating and "User B" assumes otherwise, which is right or wrong? The answer is neither and remains that way; henceforth the principal basis of "opinions". Arguments will exist for both sides of the coin and neither side is right or wrong, but "different". The difference of opinions should be starting and ending on a subjective, unbiased principal where we can discuss, brainstorm and engage in a social paradigms of unique topical discussions; NOT to berate the others users because they share a different opinion. I'll admit outright, if I know someone is wrong I will explain to them in a logical fashion but I won't ever berate them for it.
You all know my stance on witch-hunting and it should be very logical as to why it remains "delusional". I furthered this in my blog but since some of you think you are better than others, let me reiterate it here more carefully for you: Accusing professional players of cheaters is an "opinion", not fact. The very same goes for assuming their innocence... The actuality of the situation is we have no clue as to whether or not a professional player is cheating or not, so logically we break it down to what we do know to counter such conspiracy.
-- What we do know:-
- Professionals have spent thousands of hours practising and competing at a professional-level, therefore overtime accruing significant muscle-memory and enabling them to play at the highest level of Counter-Strike. A feat not many users on this forum have achieved, yet assume they know more about professionals regardless of their experience or skill.
- Cheats exist and have existed for as long as the human race thought to usurp the immorality within themselves in order to gain an advantage over somebody/something else in an unfair fashion. We know cheats exist and we know the ramifications of said cheats, yet neither are comparable to witch-hunting. Knowing cheats and having experience of the game are two very different things, as anybody can simply cheat and anybody can get caught with cheats, it's the complications of said cheats/anti-cheats which create the illusion of infidelity within the professional scene. Now, I'm fully aware of professionals cheating in tournaments and they have been for a very long time - even back in the 1.5/1.6 eras of CS cheaters were caught cheating on LAN professionally. Granted back then they were only aimbot or wallhack and the presence of such sophisticated cheat engines now weigh the bias in favour of witch-hunting 1,000,000-1... Me solely being that one and the rest of the rest witch-hunters being the former in terms of this example.
QED: Cheats and conspiracies should be kept as such and not automatically assumed as cheats by witch-hunters. The reason witch-hunting remains delusional is because it goes beyond that of personal opinion, it's defamatory to professional players and it forces an idea onto the player with an already biased decision made by the witch-hunter in question. Proof? Of course: Ask any witch-hunter what they think of flusha and they will tell you outright with "facts" that he cheated "100%", yet we know as equivocally and intrinsically false outright considering he is still playing the damned game.
If you're going to create a discussion on cheating, do so subjectively and not in a biased fashion. Witch-hunters like: bcko, superappelflap, boots and others too far-fetched to mention will tell you that their clips are crystal-clear proof of cheats... yet it isn't at all. It's an opinion they fail to see as their own opinion, just like users like myself fail to see the opposing side of cheating.
How is HLTV going to function as a forum if users are not able to get along as forum users? Individually exposing your own intellects for what...? Bragging rights? Argumentative superiority? People wonder why so many threads and posts are removed, yet they fail to see, once again, their own actions completely unfold. I'll admit outright I was arrogant back then because I was biased to the idea of cheating professionally having played at that level myself, but regrettably I was in the wrong and so are all of you who claim their opinion over others without logistics. Even if an argument is stated, you still need to respect the other users opinion in a respective manner.
**- User deficiency.**
For lack of a better term, I chose the world "deficiency" because that is essentially what dysfunctional society is... defunct and deficient. all of you HLTV users are wonderful, incredible, individually unique and intelligent in your own specific way; yet choose to abide by a society of rule-breakers, spammers, flamers, griefers and baiters... Yet why?
Over the past 15 minutes of righting this and a refresh of HLTV on another page, I still see the same anarchy and chaos and it's the reason users like "jobs" and others chose to leave the site completely. They were not socially obliged or meshed with HLTV enough to stick it out and so the users of the site won, making the administration staff do the work because you cannot... It's pathetic.
**- Final thoughts.**
Automatically I know this will immediately garner one of three reactions.
1) It'll automatically be assumed bait "just because".
2) Witch-hunters will reply with their own diffused logic claiming why their opinion is better than others, when literally the discussion of infidelity within the professional scene remains as arbitrary as the conspiratorial nonsense itself.
3) People will not read it or the TL:DR I will provide below, because it would be unfair to force readers to sift through a massive wall of text essentially teaching common sense to users who unfortunately act like they do not have. [I also hope this won't be deleted, but it probably will if the reactions to this are negative, which I assume so.]
Stop assuming professionals to be cheaters or innocent when we should be enjoying Counter-Strike. It's gaming entertainment and specifically designed for that, not for kids full of angst to troll, bait, flame or start wars they ultimately cannot finish.
-- Do professionals cheat? We don't know. They cheated in the past, but that doesn't mean all pros cheat.
-- Are professionals cheating now? We don't know... logically it's assumed so given the history, but ultimately the same can be said of the other side of the coin too.
-- Are professionals innocent? Spoiler alert: WE DON'T KNOW.
-- Remember that your opinion is only your opinion to be digressed subjectively and respectively, it's the arguments of biases and conspiracies against logistics and equivocal semantics -- i.e. A bloody pointless, arbitrary argument with no end, therefore a spiralling discussion into chaos which is the reason this thread was made.
-- Be respectful to others as every users opinion on HLTV matters. Those who break the rules should be reported and in turn those who respect the rules should continue do so.
We're all users browsing the same exact forum and there is absolutely no reason we cannot get along as individuals, friends, acquaintances and the like. The admins used to be very active with the users and would often post alongside them because they didn't have to spend every waking minute moderating the damned thing, so let us see if we can achieve this same period of solace?
Thank you to those who have read this and obviously to some of you out there, this doesn't apply to you at all. Keep up the good work admins and respectful HLTV users. :) I have issues going on at home, but always note I will never leave the site and am always browsing it for news despite not being active on the forums.
Have a good day, HLTV. <3
PS: Apologies to users: "StraightWhiteMale" and "sKeletoN_SN" whom I've received PM's from, yet have had time to reply. I have seen them and will note them.
PPS: This has not been proof-read and therefore obvious errors will occur. If you reply with corrections, thank you greatly as it is appreciated.