Thread has been deleted
Last comment
lost all respect
Alphaa | 
United States loltyler1 
valve and cs had a legacy, some respect from the industry because they made some great games that had a huge impact on the industry and CS has a long esport history but now? valve just follow wherever theres money, copy kids games and add battle royale in a game completely not suited for it, make the game free to play - all for money vac and vacnet is garbage and cheaters will flood the game ruining it for those who have low/no rank and will be suscepted to those cheaters, but these new players have to start somewhere - and theyre gonna start the game by getting rekt by cheaters lost all respect i had for valve
2018-12-07 04:03
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
>makes the game free to play 'valve just want money' holy shit some people are dumb.
2018-12-07 04:08
 | 
United States n3h 
Valve makes more money on cases/skins then the actual sale of game. More players = more $$$
2018-12-07 04:10
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
So why is that a problem? More players opening cases doesn't affect me or anybody else?
2018-12-07 04:11
 | 
United States n3h 
Cheaters have unlimited accs.
2018-12-07 04:12
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
Non-prime accounts.
 | 
United States n3h 
At first, they will get prime eventually and all new players coming to game will 100% keep playing after getting aimbot'd against every game.
2018-12-07 04:13
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
They will get prime eventually after playing for like absolute ages to eventually hit level 21, while 99% of these players will get banned on the way or eventually. And do you seriously think Valve hasn't considered and thought about this? F2P CS is a big deal, Valve understands that cheaters player CS:GO, hell, they actively develop VAC. They quite obviously have thought this through and have created ways to deal with this.
2018-12-07 04:16
 | 
United States n3h 
Thinking valve cares. LOL. All they care about is $$$ they wont be touching vac in 10 years.
2018-12-07 04:18
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
>Thinking valve cares. LOL. Yes, because to make money you have to maintain a happy player-base to some extent, that's how business works. If nobody played their game, then they wouldn't make money, and nobody will play their game is nobody likes their game. Valve is a business, and the decisions they make are indeed business orientated of course. But they need to maintain a player-base, and to do that they need to care, even just a little bit. >they wont be touching vac in 10 years. You obviously haven't been very active in the CS world lately, in the past few months they have shared a lot about their developments with their new VACNET, and have been rather open about it (to valves definition of open), so yes, they are touching VAC lmao.
2018-12-07 04:28
 | 
United States n3h 
I know about vacnet and it dosent do shit, sure theres no more spinners but still more cheaters than ever.
2018-12-07 04:42
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
Because it's not an instant process. They're 'developing it', not 'it's finished being developed'.
2018-12-07 04:45
the amount of players that will get through the virtual hell called non-prime low rank mm to finally obtain prime manually will be fucking tiny, and those motivated to do that wouldve just bought the game on a sale anyway.
2018-12-07 04:24
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
>the amount of players that will get through the virtual hell called non-prime low rank mm to finally obtain prime manually will be fucking tiny That's exactly my point. >and those motivated to do that wouldve just bought the game on a sale anyway. Yes, exactly, so as stated before, nothing has changed, the pay-wall is still there for cheaters wanting to play prime, everything you just said is in line with my post lol.
2018-12-07 04:30
youre talking about cheaters going through the process of manually obtaining prime by getting level 21 and then cheating on prime, im talking about legit f2p players going through the process of playing non-prime MM against cheaters in order to obtain prime and hope they will have a better experience later - the amount of legit players doing that will be as i said tiny, they should really get their heads out of their asses and improve vac (not vacnet) because as it is this switch to f2p doesnt make sense atm when the CSGO FREE version before was perfectly fine for attracting new players, they just didnt talk about it enough
2018-12-07 04:48
Myanmar xdcc 
so whats the point? this will only scare new players even more.
2018-12-07 04:42
it just doesnt make sense to make it f2p when the anti cheat is so fucking absolutely garbage. a new player who didnt buy prime, so a true f2p, will be playing non-prime MM and as you probably know thats pretty much virtual HELL and also, its not like prime is cheat-free, theres plenty cheaters they just know how to cheat and not get ow'd
2018-12-07 04:15
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
>it just doesnt make sense to make it f2p when the anti cheat is so fucking absolutely garbage. a new player who didnt buy prime, so a true f2p, will be playing non-prime MM and as you probably know thats pretty much virtual HELL #17 >and also, its not like prime is cheat-free, theres plenty cheaters they just know how to cheat and not get ow'd Prime isn't relevant to this change, because you either have to pay for it, or level up to 21 like before, nothing has changed from yesterday and today.
2018-12-07 04:19
Plus it shows that valve truly doesn't give a fuck about the game itself and just want to make money.
2018-12-07 05:11
More people = more skins and cases bought = more money It's just a different business model
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
 | 
Croatia notBCko 
You are actually braindead hahaahah
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
Elaborate
2018-12-07 04:13
 | 
Croatia notBCko 
Money from the game is just a small partion of what valve makes from CSGO. + the game came out 6+ years ago, their profit from the game purchases wouldn't be relevant anyway.
2018-12-07 04:14
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
>Money from the game is just a small partion of what valve makes from CSGO. Absolutely. My issue is not that them making some more skins sales literally affects nobody lmao, in fact is supports community skin makers even more :) so why complain that 'valve only want money' lmao.
2018-12-07 04:18
 | 
Croatia notBCko 
Of course they only want money rofl, it's clear to anyone who understands the buisness aspect that Valve focuses almost only to casual players aka people they actually make their money off. I didn't say that's bad because everyone is in it for the money, but just compare CS to some other competitive games, prize pools of pro tournaments (majors) and general involvment of the developing company in e-sport scene.
2018-12-07 04:23
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
>Of course they only want money rofl, it's clear to anyone who understands the buisness aspect that Valve focuses almost only to casual players aka people they actually make their money off. Yes, #19 was in agreement with that lol. >I didn't say that's bad because everyone is in it for the money, but just compare CS to some other competitive games, prize pools of pro tournaments (majors) and general involvment of the developing company in e-sport scene. Yes Valve has a shit ton of problems. And need to address this shit. I agree with all of this.
2018-12-07 04:32
RpK | 
China barbariann 
+1
2018-12-07 04:47
Idk man, try to think in an other way. CS got stagnant, after years, it was just boring, all the same, and nowadays the players need something to catch them, just the normal game was getting bored, and they find that way to try to bring CS big again
2018-12-07 04:11
 | 
New Zealand Eauor 
+1 smart brazilian spotted
CS has a vastly different community than other popular games like fortnite for example, CS community doesnt need fucking battle passes and to unlock something every 10 seconds, CS community doesnt need new content regularly
2018-12-07 04:19
I know the community doesn't need it, but would u play something that is all the same for years? Someone can be very loyal for a game, but when something outside the door seems to be interesting and he's just bored with the game, he definitely would try the new thing
2018-12-07 04:26
i played CS for over 10 years now, same maps, same meta, similiar mechanics between mechanics, same damn maps even lmao - never complained about a lack of content, it was always something else that pissed me off also - i dont play fortnite, pubg, r6 etc
2018-12-07 04:29
If the players was just loyal like you, they wouldn't need to reinvent theirself. But the most players aren't like you, they need something else. You are a CS person, the others are just gamers, they play what is the funniest for the moment. Just the community of CS isn't enough, they need more than this
2018-12-07 04:36
the thing is CS doesnt get content updates often at all, 2 maps recently but nothing really before that, map refreshes and operations arent content updates imo - and people were fine with it, cs still had pretty much the same average players during "content droughts"
2018-12-07 04:44
And yes, it's all about money. I guarantee if CS would make they lost money, and they can't do anything to stop this, they definitely would drop off the game
you dont have to play with the f2p players lol also br is completely optional once they fix all the retarded bugs almost nothing will be different if you dont want it to be
you misunderstood me i was talking about CS and VALVE having respect from the general community for the things theyve done, but this BR mode looks like something from 2007, and it was done only because its trendy atm if they wanted to do a BR game they shouldve done it on source2, not a game mode for the technologically ancient csgo they took a gigantic shit on their legacy today
2018-12-07 04:27
legacy is worthless they tried something new and it can easily be fixed nothing wrong with that all i care about is the stupid intel/amd crashes self boosting and moli glitches are funny wish i could try them out
2018-12-07 04:29
i know people might not care about that stuff but the way i see it its like seeing a smart kid who could be someone try hard drugs and become a junkie its sad as fuck
2018-12-07 04:32
they are adding more content to the game nothing wrong with that under any circumstance as long it is optional
2018-12-07 04:33
i guess theyre trying some things, but that development time could have been spent on much better things imo
2018-12-07 04:50
With more people to buy skins, more cases and probably new operations will be released.
2018-12-07 04:31
bump before i have to go away
2018-12-07 05:04
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.