Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Ty Valve
Spain Sneakerss 
For caring about CS:GO, this is a sign of many more things to come. We did a new playerbase peak today with 667k players and thats great news, and if they release such Operation next week, we might even break the all-time CS record of players. This cant never be a bad thing. With all the hate for them, gotta be someone who also appriciates their effort they putting in the game, I expect more changes, and more changes to the "classic" CS:GO as well, to the main game. Having a side mode as they did for a BR, cannot be bad. Is just complementary!
2018-12-07 19:16
I love this update
2018-12-07 19:19
 | 
Estonia teremartin 
me too
2018-12-07 19:29
GuardiaN | 
Slovakia WeniX 
me not becuase i cant launch csgo becuase i have AMD GPU
2018-12-07 19:49
lol
2018-12-07 20:21
 | 
Poland MemesGODZ 
they fixed the Intel one i think they will fix AMD
2018-12-08 17:37
 | 
Cyprus Swishh_ 
i have amd and can play wtf
2018-12-08 18:14
 | 
Brazil Skeletonbrine 
they patched it now
2018-12-08 18:16
+1 people just like to hate Valve This update will bring more people to CS:GO
2018-12-07 19:20
Why do people care about that tho, thats valves worry not ours, we want a decent MM experiance, this update doesnt do anything for that
2018-12-07 19:32
What Valve are doing makes sense: -Introduce a new mode to CSGO that expands the player-base. -Analyse the trends in players and make improvements to the BR. -Once those improvements are made and the player-base is secure and consistent then release an update for matchmaking that improves it for the expanded, larger player-base. Makes sense, Rome wasn't built in a day, MM updates will come.
2018-12-07 19:37
The game's been out for like 5 years bro
2018-12-07 19:39
And? Whats your point?
2018-12-08 17:39
It's not like they haven't had time to fix it? The average life cycle of most MP games is far less than that - Valve gets way too much of an easy ride. I really miss CS and sometimes wish that I still had the time to play, but being a casual gamer nowadays I simply will not touch MM because it is such a shit show.
2018-12-09 13:44
Disagree completely, they've made VAC a credible anti-cheat now, there are far fewer cheaters now than there ever has been. If they have a vision for their game then they will follow the plan. MM is not the 'shitshow' you describe it to being, its not perfect and sometimes your experience can be bad, but that's the same with any online shooter. If you could be bothered to read my original post, I think that the steps that follow will be a re-haul of the MM system once an expanded player-base is established.
2018-12-09 19:53
64 tick just sucks - as simple as that. And, no, not all online shooters are like that. I played tons of Cod WW2 when it came out last year and my average experience there was definitely far better and more consistent than in CSGO. The matches are significantly shorter, there is mid-match respawning and there are hardly any penalties for leaving so you can just quit cheater-infested games. I also saw far more blatant cheaters in CS than in CoD. Valve really needs to be doing more with CSGO and they have now had over five years to fix this shit.
2018-12-09 22:33
64 tick is actually much better than other games or on par with most - Black Ops 4, PUBG, Battlefield... I could go on. 128 tick servers would be great of course, but you can have that experience on faceit and esea, if valve implemented 128 tick servers then thats customers lost = revenur lost from faceit and esea who sponsor/host events in CSGO and help it grow. So it has a severe side effect. You must have been lucky then because COD WW2 had a seriously bad cheating problem not just at launch but the months following its release, I suggest doing some research before stating things as if they are facts when they are not. COD is not on par with CS, its not as reliant on teamwork as CS is, far more layers to the game. The COD eSports scene proves that as its small in comparison to CS. 'Just quit cheater infested games' - So if there wasn't a penalty in CS your saying it would be fine for griefers to join a game and then leave immediately, and they wouldn't ruin anyone's experience? Like I have said in previous posts, CS has been a long term project for Valve, the game has improved dramatically since its release, I know that because I played the beta for CSGO in 2012, the game is practically completely different. This update shows that they care and that their is more to come.
2018-12-10 03:33
I am not sure why you keep trying to defend this desperate position? 64 tick is horrible. Other games don't necessarily have better netcode (although some definitely do), but with mid-round respawning that is far less relevant. If I miss a target in CoD because of poor netcode, it's not a big deal because my health regenerates or I respawn 5 seconds later. In CS, it's just infuriating because accuracy is so integral to the gameplay. Also, why the fuck should I have to go to a third-party platform in order to have a reasonable standard of service when I have already bought CSGO and spent hundreds of pounds on keys and skins? Shouldn't that money be going to sponsoring events instead? With respect to cheating in CoD, can you tell me the research you did - and don't tell me you were reading forums? I bought CoD WW2 a week after release and played it compulsively until March this year - clocking in 451 hours in total according to Steam. I would say that I saw a blatant cheater on average approximately every 50 hours. The only time I ever really saw a surge of cheating was during the f2p weekend but fortunately that was a brief period. Now, there were obviously cheater allegations against someone, including myself, probably in every other game, but that is more of a reflection of the quality of the playerbase. In CS, there is nothing more obnoxious and frustrating than having to sit out a competitive game against a blatant cheater. I am sure that there were plenty of more cheaters who I missed because they were more subtle and I always give them the benefit of the doubt, but the real fact here is that the effect of cheaters on the gaming experience in CoD is far more limited than in CS. I am not saying that CoD is on par with CS as a competitive game - absolutely not. However, the differences in the format of the game mean that Valve needs to be doing more to raise the standard of MM gameplay if it is going to appeal to a broader audience. I reinstalled CS yesterday after not having played for about 5 years and got into a casual server to warm up a little. Immediately a guy calls me a cheater and gives his usual "I am going to toggle as well", turns on his aimbot and that's the end of that. I join MM, get thrown into some DMG game and within the first five rounds two of my teammates leave. I get kicked by my remaining two teammates for refusing to surrender (it really fucks up your rank placement). In the next game I am up against a 5-man premade and we lose the pistol because one of our guys is AFK. We almost pull the game back in the second half and then the same guy goes AFK for about four rounds in a row and we end up losing. The final game we roll the other side 16-4. The problem is that the player base is fragmented across several platforms meaning that the gameplay experience is far less consistent than it should be. If Valve at least introduced 128 tick to MM the overall quality of the experience would improve substantially and more players would return to the platform or pick the game up again - resulting in a larger player base and a more consistent experience. Why do I need to go to ESEA/FaceIt to achieve this? It is the same cheating. Third-party platforms like ESL/ESEA/FaceIt have far better cheater detection than VAC with hands-on teams to review individual cases. With the amount of money Valve is making out of CSGO, they can afford to do far better. Right now, it is simply not good enough.
2018-12-11 12:25
Okay, do you understand this; -Valve makes csgo f2p - F2P people get access to prime as soon as they connect a mobile device and reach level 21 (which takes about 3 weeks due to reduced xp gain ect) - Therefore, around the start of next year, there will be a huge and i mean huge amount of cheaters/smurfs in prime matchmaking, ruining the whole experience for everyone. -If you could point out where my thought process breaks down, that would be ideal, cus im personally just gonna go play AOE2 again if im not wrong.
2018-12-07 19:40
so you say there will be ppl who play 3 weeks to gain lvl21 so they can cheat in prime... i honestly arent think that
2018-12-07 19:52
Wait, your argument is that you think that cheaters wont bother? Cheaters have been buying prime accounts from people for like 30 quid. Its so easy to get to level 21, you'll eventually get there anyway, ive leveled up to lvl 40 3 times this year. Therefore it is inevitable that there will be more cheaters/smurfs now in prime.
2018-12-07 20:01
 | 
Finland siloquez 
Yeah there will be people who farm these accounts and you will see so much more cheaters in some time : ) ) ) ).
2018-12-09 05:50
Okay so lets say what your saying happens, do you not think that Valve won't come up with a solution? Of course they will. I didn't know that you had the power to see into the future, I doubt there will be a wave of cheaters, and even if there was Valve would react accordingly. Your whole thought process is a series of guess work.
2018-12-08 17:39
nt this game has had much more players and they still shit on the community
2018-12-07 20:18
How are they shitting on the community? Go on tell me.
2018-12-08 17:36
Are you stupid? They add irrelevant updates and dont give the player base what is needed. Like you are actually trolling or what? i dont comprehend the fact that something so goddamn obvious has to be explained. Maybe if you werent casual about cs then you would understand ok? Good day
2018-12-08 17:42
Okay so rather than have a proper debate about it your one of these millennial's that likes to hurl insults at somebody to try and prove a point? I asked you a question and you haven't answered it at all, you gave 0 points. You look like a complete and utter incel now. Well done!
2018-12-08 17:49
Its fairly common knowledge that most of the community feel like valve dont give a fuck about csgo. They rarely change anything, never give us what we want. We just get balancing every so often and never get 128 tick servers or unranked mm
2018-12-08 18:02
Prior to this update I would have agreed with the sentiment of Valve being tired of CSGO but this update completely disagrees with what you have just written though, creating a new game mode that is the most popular type of genre to play amongst gamers right now suggests they want to reinvigorate the player-base and add new life to the game. How do you know that these changes won't come in the future? There is clearly a plan in action here. These changes you claim everyone wants can certainly come now, look at my original comment. In terms of the 128 tick servers, Valve doesn't need to implement this, that's what faceit or ESEA is for, and if they were to implement this that means Faceit and ESEA lose out on customers, customers = revenue and lack of revenue means no sponsorship or hosting of events. Not saying that that would happen of course, I am merely speculating as to why it hasn't been implemented in the past.
2018-12-08 18:12
This update reinforces my opinion imo, nothing more obvious than the sign of a dying game than going F2P and adding a BR mode. Its essentially trying to copy the fortnite model and just hope that it makes them some more money untill the next CS comes out. If you asked me last week, i wouldve said a new cs game was like 5 years away, now im thinking more next year as theyre clearly just trying to make a quick buck, especially all this selling prime nonsense now, you can essentially buy pass the prime requirements now lol
2018-12-08 18:15
The statistics do not support your theory whatsoever though, look at the steam games chart, as of today: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Current: 456,203 Peak: 749,645 Its the most popular game on Steam right now! Its not dying at all if anything its growing! I disagree when you say its copying Fortnite, have you played the CS BR mode? Its nothing like Fortnite! its very much unique in its BR approach and there will certainly be updates and additions made to it to improve it. They have merely adopted it as a fun game mode because its the most popular genre right now! A marketing strategy that is clever! This is a long term project, there is no 'quick buck' being made here.
2018-12-09 00:45
This update reinforces my opinion imo, nothing more obvious than the sign of a dying game than going F2P and adding a BR mode. Its essentially trying to copy the fortnite model and just hope that it makes them some more money untill the next CS comes out. If you asked me last week, i wouldve said a new cs game was like 5 years away, now im thinking more next year as theyre clearly just trying to make a quick buck, especially all this selling prime nonsense now, you can essentially buy pass the prime requirements now lol
2018-12-08 18:15
+1
2018-12-08 17:42
 | 
Denmark @Astralis 
I Like it
2018-12-07 19:21
 | 
Czech Republic QuertyX 
I hate it just because I have intel so.. :)))
2018-12-07 19:22
 | 
United States NoKeTchup 
i think today we might get fixes for amd/intels
2018-12-07 19:27
 | 
Czech Republic QuertyX 
Would be wonderfull, I want to play br all the weekend :D I think this update is far from being bad Next time hope they rework Dust II/ add Cobble, because its so unbalanced
2018-12-07 19:28
No cache, its wayyy more t sided and no ones playing that map that much anymore
2018-12-07 19:40
 | 
Czech Republic QuertyX 
Its basically confirmed that its going to be reworked, so I didnt even talk about it :D
2018-12-07 19:41
Dust 2 already got reworked but i feel like dust2 should be removed permanently
2018-12-07 19:47
hm what means problem with intel?
2018-12-08 17:44
Crashes were mostly related to players owning AMD/Intel GPUs.
2018-12-09 05:47
 | 
Sweden Div-\ 
I like that they updated the game but the BR mode is boring and not entertaining (too few bullets, too few guns, takes too much time to get guns).
2018-12-07 19:24
 | 
United States NoKeTchup 
"We're just getting started, and we'll continue to update Danger Zone using community feedback" -CSGO devs
2018-12-07 19:25
 | 
Sweden Div-\ 
Yep, I hope it'll get better.
2018-12-07 19:33
 | 
United States NoKeTchup 
just wrote that on their email... i think many people already did it
2018-12-07 19:35
 | 
United States Idoitforluls 
""We're just getting started, and we'll continue to update Danger Zone using community feedback" -CSGO devs" -NoKeTchup
2018-12-07 19:34
 | 
United States NoKeTchup 
'""We're just getting started, and we'll continue to update Danger Zone using community feedback" -CSGO devs" -NoKeTchup" -Idoitforluls
2018-12-07 19:36
 | 
United States Idoitforluls 
Unexpected
2018-12-07 19:46
It will get better, even if i dont like BR.. it just got released its perfectly normal its so clunky and weird..
2018-12-07 19:38
br mode is pure shit
2018-12-08 17:41
yes
2018-12-07 19:25
And just imagine, they hit a player peak with half their normal player base unable to open the game. After they sort of the AMD/Intel issue, it will be huge. (And by that time people will be bored of hating and enjoy the game)
2018-12-07 19:26
yea true. I think tomorrow be even bigger (saturday), we'll see, I liked when i saw the playerbase go so high again, after so long of being in the "low grounds" :D
2018-12-07 19:39
Thats a great news, i will maybe change my opinion for valve, depends if they give hacking players IP ban for all their accounts and stuff, new things, diversity is good, i think that CSGO 2.0 is being made right now throught this updates.
2018-12-07 19:28
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
i hope they are... i mean BR mode showed that current source engine is very limited
2018-12-07 19:33
Giving players an IP Ban won't work at all. Your DHCP will change your IP or you can do it manually.
 | 
Lebanon Delsol 
People are so stupid, demanding ip bans 🤦‍♂️
yea.. IP bans i think i heard once Valve cant rly do it.. but yeah, I think sooner than later we will be playing a "new" CS:GO a new 'era' will begin (source 2 release), and i think that will happen for the winter update 2019.. it be the 20th anniversary of CS + Source 2? There could be something happening. Question be.. is the community rly ready? I dunno about that (on the negative side more like i am) unfortunately.. lol.
2018-12-07 19:42
 | 
Albania JvZ_ 
would be nice if my csgo opens
2018-12-07 19:31
GuardiaN | 
Slovakia WeniX 
Half of community have same problem man they will fix it atleast i believe
2018-12-07 19:51
I don't remember playing competitive today lmfao, 10 hrs straight DZ.
2018-12-07 19:31
+1
 | 
Latvia Burg3r_K1ng 
+1, new update is good, doesn't affect the core gameplay while freshening up the game and bringing in new players
 | 
Denmark Cleandog 
+1
2018-12-07 19:48
 | 
CIS Improvz 
670,535 670,535 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
2018-12-07 19:50
 | 
France MineCSGO 
I've written my thought about the update on reddit. Here is the link if you are interested ( reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/a4.. ). To summarize for people that don't want to read I'm waiting one week to see how it goes and if there is a second update and what it will be.
2018-12-07 19:51
I will reprat myself again - tgey need to make passport/id verified queue which would need to match details on original payment method when buying game/prime account and allow players to verify their identity only once in lifetime > once u get banned u cant join this queue anymore. Make another unverified queue and let cheaters have fun there. This would wipe out 80% of cheaters forever cuz faking identity is kind of a big deal. I cant see other way of cleaning those cunts. Prblem solved.
2018-12-07 20:15
D0cC | 
Netherlands @Deji 
we need a new engine for the game source is too outdated
2018-12-07 20:22
BR mode is pure shit. Lemme just walk around for 20 minutes looking for bullets.Shut the fuck up please. Honestly stop kissing their ass. They need ppl on twitter telling them fuckoff and fix the game. Not a bunch of 'yes' men with irrelevant gold nova opinions
2018-12-08 17:41
 | 
France Qu0sT 
Lol wtf are you talking about. You can BUY the bullets in endgame if you need to.
2018-12-09 13:49
 | 
Bosnia and Herzegovina happYiiiNesS 
Ye you can buy 15 fucking bullets
2018-12-09 13:51
what the heck all matches have hack like 80% games are hack now expect faceit esea this mm is dead for sure !
2018-12-09 05:48
+1 very good update
2018-12-09 05:52
 | 
Iran KouDaPou 
originally a bit buggy, but it is bringing CS back into the light!
2018-12-09 13:46
nice update
2018-12-09 19:56
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.