no device ? 7 mvps in 2018
2018-12-11 14:05
 | 
Norway r3krut 
7 mvp stolen from his teammates high k/d ratio = mvp ;d
2018-12-11 14:26
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Device deserved every MVP hes earned this year and is still firmly #2. I'd love to hear your justification for why he wasn't the best option for MVP at any of the tournaments he earned it though.
2018-12-11 14:30
You can look at last tournament, was inexistent in the first 2 maps and then played ok on last one, gets mvp just because he got higher kd from previous games, but final is the most important
2018-12-11 14:33
semi is not important? wtf
2018-12-11 14:34
shox | 
Latvia kebab_b 
you cant read? he said that the final is the most important
2018-12-12 10:55
No device no finals But then again nobody talks about map 3,4 of the finals Device clear mvp no competition
2018-12-12 12:52
 | 
Netherlands ArtyomPLAY 
do u fucking understand that if u dont win in semis/quaters/group-stage - you wont get into final?... turn on the brain pls
2018-12-12 14:12
shox | 
Latvia kebab_b 
lol you think if device didnt boost his stats by doing eco frags astrallis wouldnt make it to the final??? xD turn on the brain pls
2018-12-12 14:20
 | 
Netherlands ArtyomPLAY 
you has to be braindead to think like this. omg gtfo from hltv kiddo
2018-12-12 14:22
shox | 
Latvia kebab_b 
cant accept the truth, fan of astralis btw
2018-12-12 14:49
 | 
Ukraine XmobGames 
Stupid Latvian nigga!
2018-12-12 16:50
Sad but true :/
2018-12-13 17:24
 | 
Ukraine XmobGames 
That you’re a nigga yeah
2018-12-13 18:00
s1mple chokes in finals too? Hahaha
2018-12-12 21:28
 | 
Norway daniel98 
HAHA a lot of danish kids just got really mad
2018-12-13 17:22
It's MVP of the tournament not the final......
2018-12-11 14:37
Group stage is just not significant. Semi is important if it was a really hard match. But if u wanna win the ecent u gotta win the actual match which is final and if u are absolutely gone in finals u just dont deserve the mvp whereas tour teammate clutch minister played rick solid on alll event long and bt clutching ridiculus rounds made you the campione.
2018-12-11 21:03
its not worth to discuss with device fangays, when he gets a kill even if just sits and waits against an eco, his fangays go crazy
2018-12-11 21:38
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Okay let's compare last tournament with xyp9x shall we Device 1.26 rating .79 KPR 84.6 DPR 1 clutch and the most opening kills/round in the entire tournament had 3 negative maps and 6 maps with a 1.4 or higher rating Xyp9x 1.14 rating .7 KPR 76.3 ADR 12 clutches, lowest opening kills on the team 3 negative maps as well and only had 1 map over 1.4 rating (3 over 1.3) So device is ahead in every metric besides clutches but xyp9x should win it? Makes no sense to me The gap between device and xyp9x in the semis was 53 kills to 24 kills 111.4 ADR to 62.7 ADR And 1.76 rating to .99 rating Over 2 maps The gap between device and xyp9x in the finals was 66 kills to 76 kills 72.8 to 81.1 ADR And 1.2 rating to 1.05 rating Over 4 maps So who carried a series in a more dominant fashion? Device Who did better in their weaker series? Device Whose stats average out to be higher? Device
2018-12-12 00:36
now he is silent ^^ +1
2018-12-12 01:41
 | 
Brazil Vatts 
eco frags and exit kills doesnt count
2018-12-12 02:08
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
"and the most opening kills/round in the entire tournament" Meaning he had opening round impact more than any other player on his team. Meaning that he got opening kills on full buy rounds, eco rounds, force buy rounds more than anyone else. Do you have any stats to support that he had a high percentage of eco/exit frags? No? Then keep quiet.
2018-12-12 03:24
 | 
Spain elskio 
ty for rekt him
2018-12-12 02:31
he doesnt deserve for rekt
2018-12-12 06:49
+1
2018-12-12 16:53
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
#74 Xyp9x had a clearly worse semi final than device had final, you just didnt notice it because of MVP fatigue and the fact that you expect device to top frag.
2018-12-12 01:11
Don't waste your time on these idiots bro they will make any and every excuse to make s1mple more over rated than he already is and often it's them shit talking other players for no reason at all.
2018-12-12 02:08
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Bro weve had numerous conversations about which player is better most of which you stopped responding to but I've said for a while now that s1mple is #1 and device is #2
2018-12-12 08:23
I meant teams mvp in general . I just sont understand why device is so hyped, his skills are not #1 .
2018-12-12 06:46
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
No s1mples are, but CS is about a lot more than skill and what device lacks in skill compared to players like Niko, s1mple, electronic, and Kenny in the past he makes up for with an excellent understanding of the game, great rotations, and consistency.
2018-12-12 08:25
Rotations=teams call not his. I agree that device got good game sense but you boiz need to understand that he is good cuz of astralis. Whereas simple is a monster ajd his game sense oj finding frags and his raw skill is out of this world
2018-12-12 08:53
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Rotations could be anyones call, Device could see or hear something and say that they are or are not in a certain area. You think gla1ve literally tells every player when and where to rotate during the game? Also i dont know why you're arguing as if I said device was better than s1mple, i havent said any such thing. You're just severely underrating one of the best players in the game and its annoying
2018-12-12 09:36
I want the one who started the actual arguing. Btw device rotating does not mean that device decided it. His banana teammate can call or give info and balc player on a says smthing aw. If you would say xyp is no1 in game sanse i would agree since he is the anchor player. Anyways who are we to say device is bad. Have a nice day
2018-12-12 10:20
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Yes i know that but him saying "okay ill rotate" or "im holding here, for now" is still his decision. Take care
2018-12-12 10:44
Dumbest argument i have ever read. Good because of astralis ? :D stfu #20 with Fetish in his 2 year as a pro with the infamous choke artists dignitas 2 times in the row #3 rated player with karrigan #5 and this year #1 with gla1ve So he is proven to be a top 20 player with 3 different igls System player my ass lmao
2018-12-12 12:57
There wasn't even 20 talented player back in the day like todays superstars.he was #3 vuz there was more talented players all the time . Karrigan's igl style shined him. So does glaives. Tsm was a solid team just as well so what the heck are you talking about dumbass? Calling device as the #1 raw skilled player? I doubt u even know anything about cs. I ve been watching cs since 2013 and as a danish man i allways kept an eye on danish teams. Mr online guy using words that he couldnt even think of saying to my fave pls behave...
2018-12-12 16:06
So if that is the case then Nip are irrelevant and their achievments are irrelvant because of 2012-2014 domination. Majors worth nothing before 2015 mean nothing because level of players was lower. And karrigan is always criticised and now he is all of a sudden good with Karrigan ? Do you remember 2016 before they kicked karrigan and how shit astralis was ? Well device still performed and did his job as a superstar. And raw skill is only there if you talk about aiming. We need to talk about "skill" as what everything the player is capable of. Rotations, consistency, aim, positioning and having a great communication aswell as being calm and supportive of your teammates. Aim is not the only skillset in the game. GTR was never a great aimer but his brains made him #1 same goes with Cold. So as far as telling me that i know nothing about cs i would think twice before commenting such BS as you did lmao
2018-12-12 16:40
Bro have you ever been in a prosper team? Not everything he does is his plays. Ofc he is a great player but you pointing out that past achieventments counts does not make any sense. Olof is the best player then? Device is nit he best in aim in mechanichs in gamesense . Watcg him buying aug and taking shit duels. Most of the player decided peeks and duals are not perfect. But when the teamsetup was made and astralis held the site as a tean devve is good cuz they made they play yes devve had a part on deciding his positioning but he is not alll that clever compared to other guys. And yes im saying players were shit back in day,just watch the demis than lets talk again
2018-12-12 16:48
I havent been in a pro team but it doesnt have to be cs to understand how important it is to have a complete package not only the main thing that needs to be done like scoring goals or getting headshots. Never said olof was the best player but if we used your logic of "raw skill" then in 2015 him kenny and f0rest should have been top 3 for example. And what is the problem with buying an Aug ? A player cant use something that is implemented in the game and makes it easier to play while not lowering your potential, i dont understand how that made it into your criticism but whatever and we are talking shit duels now ? Well man s1mple has way more of those but i dont see you knocking him for it. And btw the whole about Device being only good in good teams is ridicilous. Have you forgot how he was playing in astralis before Karrigan's kick ? He was a great fragger who was still playing at a very high level (at that point just started to play way more with awp) And s1mple also doesnt have his flipside teammates anymore, Electronic is arguably top 6 player this year with flamie being alright and edward who has his flashes. And device actually lives on his positioning which is a smart playstyle. He doesnt get crazy flicks but because he is positioning himself very well in duels he can buy more time, increase his chance of killing the guy. And lets talk about older cs, players back then werent bad the problem were strategies because molotovs were almost unused and smokes were really basic. The game was way more arcade like because the main nade that people had was flash and some teams heavily realied on pop flashes to get into sites or do retakes. So with your logic "Raw skill" was not touched by it
2018-12-12 17:03
Your words are correcting mines. Im tellibg this he is not super good raw skill player and you keep pointing the past he wasnt even a main awper thoose days man come on he was good but not as an awper. Device cant awp on t side not at all u might say oh cuz he is good with ak aw but what is the point buying ak vs fallen for example. How many times did devve gey humiliated vs fallen? He doesnt have the impact of an awp player. He is just using awp to hold angles etc which is something easy when you got that teammates. Every player (mb not magisk) is soo clever on astralis that makes everyrhibg easier. Point i tried to made with aug was this;he is loosing aim duels vs pistols with a a scoped rifle . I watch him on train many times he is playing like dumb on train, oh well u will say one bad map doesnt make him bad as a player,here is the thing astralis is not super good on train and device is bad on train. He is not a game changer at all. When did you last saw him buying a hero awp and winning the round or hero ak etc? Go check likes of fallen simple mb naf . These guys are more talented than him. Even tho it doesnt look like it but i dont say devve is nub He just doesnt deserve that many mvp's and hell not #1 in world.Have a nice day
2018-12-12 17:25
And again flat out wrong... ffs He does awp on t side and is really effective on it. He is more passive than Simple but that really doesnt matter since Device has mastered his style of play that are calculated risks and pushes being made on intel. Device is also an Elite rifler which seems to be forgoten so people underrate him. And yes he does play passive but its simmilar to Guardian in 2014 navi. So okay if everyone is so clever on Astralis why didnt he always dominate with Dupreeh and Xyp ? That is because Device is the best that he has ever been and thats not deniable. And please tell me what dumb things does he do on Train and even then 1 map ? Big argument you got there buddy + even if you are true he is still one of the calculated players that makes best decisions that is the reason why he is good. And i mean he does hero plays but mostly on pistols not that many on awp so okay but even with that its not a consistent thing. You might get only couple of those hero rounds whole tournament even if u are simple so its really an irrelevant thing, And again another argument that people are more talented because they can flick faster or kill a player with 0.1s faster. Ffs Device compensates on other things. He is elite with every gun in the game, makes great decisions so he is one of the most talented players in csgo history. And he deserved every single mvp because his stats say he did and even dupreehs mvp was questionable. Flashy is not better but HLTV users never get out outside of MM so my talking is just a time waste i guess.
2018-12-12 17:58
Imma level 10 faceit player for like 3 years not a mm player. Also you said device is good rifler too right? Since u compared him with simple ill gonwith simple as well. Can you honestly deny how clever is simple to find himself good 1v1's? He is amazing on ak and his gamesense to find picks is impressive. Again you are saying he is not good but consistent, if you dont do anything that requires skill well u are gonna be consistent. You just dont understand how good astralis is and how much of a space he has. If he fails dupreeh takes the awp and they are still good. If simple fails who will aep on navi? Zeus mb right? He has no pressure on him cuz his team is the best team ever. All he needs to do is play passive and collect the frags from the gaps that his team created. Astralis makes every1 scared and forces teams to do mistakes and thats how devve awps . Remember the matchups vs fallen. Fallen runs around the map and finds picks and creates space for his team. Thats what the vest would do. You cant be the best with doing something that nearly every tier 1 player would do(using space of their teammates). Again go watch last 5-6 train demo of astralis and u'll see hiw shit he is when he needs to hit some skill shots. He is good but not the best, never has been.
2018-12-12 18:49
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Fallen runs around the map and finds picks and creates space for his team. Thats what the vest would do. No thats what fallen did because that was fallens style, that doesnt make him "the best" its just fun to watch. You just went on a tangent about how device takes bad duels on train but you want him to run around the map and go for picks constantly and buy hero AKs and AWPs? Thats seems pretty contradictory, seems like you just want device to be a different player, not a better player because this year for Device was better than any year Fallen has ever had. Device is firmly the 2nd best player in the world and thats just undeniable, doesn't matter if his "skill" is lower than NAFs or Fallens or Electronics, his performance within the server throughout the year has been better than all of them.
2018-12-12 23:27
My point is nothing that device does is so special to make him #1. #1 is a special award,being best is not playing decent on the hest team. Call him a great player thaths ok since he is good. But being best player requires something else. He is a solid player but not game chaning ,he doesnt manage to do plays which are unlikly to be performed. His teammate xyp for ex. He is a cyborg,incredible skill on cluthces and he is a game changer. Cold also did not go for superhero plays every round neither on his prime . However he did many mind blowing plays, yes he sort of used his teammates spaces but he went abond and beyone, any time he decided to kake a move it was correct.showcased incredible skill and confidence. I dont see device doing any of that, yes he is good but again not the best Ty for argument as well sir, it has been a plesure.
2018-12-13 10:31
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
And again I never said he was #1, s1mple is so that paragprah pretty much told me nothing. Basically you agree hes the 2nd best player in the world because you have to
2018-12-13 15:55
Im sort of funboi of device and im not gamme say he is #283 player. I think he has a solid place in top5 bit im not sure about 2 neither.And the entire reason we talk that kuch was me saying he is not #1
2018-12-13 17:19
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
You're delusional if you think device is not guaranteed top 2 after the year hes had
2018-12-13 23:07
smooya | 
United Kingdom fal36 
You watched thorins video didnt you
2018-12-12 12:59
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
I did but MVP fatigue is a common term in American sports
2018-12-12 14:08
look at the rating for the whole tournament
2018-12-11 14:38
But thats what he means, he gets mvp cus the highest rated player, which is not how MVP works in every fking other game I've ever played.
2018-12-11 20:53
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
It's not just rating theres a lot of stats and factors involved and device was by far the best player on the team throughout the entire tournament.
2018-12-12 00:35
I mean most valuable player was form the beginning intended to be given to the player(im not talking about csgo btw) Who was the reason the team won, simply the mvp. And while device is consistent as FUVK, He's nowhere near the reason they win the tournaments, like last tournament, Xyp had 12 clutches, gla1ve 8, magisk and dupreeh 4, While device sat on 1 clutch, which was a very sick clutch I may add, 1v3 :P but still. Yet again, his consistency is a key, a very fitting key. BUT, Place s1mple in devices shoes and they would be completely unbeatable, even in bo1s. But, put device in s1mples shoes, and navi i gonna sink even more than they already are. The biggest reason that astralis are winning tournaments is cus of Xyps enormous fking clutch capability, he clutches atleast 3 times per game, and that's not even over exaggerating(I can't spell k, I hope I used the right word my friend) AND, to be fair, device is imo the most replaceable guy in astralis, well obviously none should be replaced since they're pitch perfect, but I think you get my idea, no?
2018-12-12 01:15
astralis works good because they don't revolve around a star player
2018-12-13 13:59
I hope we can keep this friendly and going :D
2018-12-12 01:15
And obviously clutches isn't the reason you win the games either, but its also the reason they are still in the tournament.
2018-12-12 01:16
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
The reason the team won? So the most impactful player, who throughout the tournament was consistent, put up great numbers and made good decisions. Well device was by far the highest rated player on his team at 1.26, xyp9x 2nd at 1.14 Device had more kills, opening kills, damage and impact rating. He had the best series and map of anyone on his team vs mouz He had 6 maps with a 1.4 rating or higher which is by far the highest on his team. Xyp had 1 He 100% deserved the MVP No you're completely wrong about that one, the reason Astralis are winning tournaments is because they have amazing preparation, innovative tactics, amazing teamplay/communication, and a good atmosphere to play in. Xyps clutches put them over the top the same way devices multi kill rounds and opening frags do. Both of them get very important kills, just with different roles and therefore different stages of the round. Also he doesnt even come close to clutching an average of 1 time per game, no one does, forget 3. And wrong again. The only player you could make a legitimate argument for being more important than device is gla1ve/zonic due to their tactical influence. The rest of the players just simply arent as good as device or they would have his role as the star of the team. Theres a reason xyp9x is flashing for device and watching his back and not the other way around, because device is the higher mechanically skilled player. Without device Astralis would lose A LOT more games due to not having nearly as much star power. And lmao who are you going to replace device with and expect them to stay top 3? Jugi? Lmao dude has been getting destroyed by tier 1 AWPers lately. Theres plenty of entry fraggers that could slot in for dupreeh/magisk and still have the same amount of skill on the team, theres no one like that for device.
2018-12-12 01:32
You just said that Device is more important than xyp lmao. im out. device is overrated, and thats a fact. have a nice day.
2018-12-12 01:38
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Wow the star player of a team and a player who some people are bringing in to the conversation of GOAT more impactful than the support player of that team? Wow how uncommon. You clearly didnt even take time to read my post because I listed plenty of reason ls why device is the most important player individually on the team. Thats literally like removing olof during fnatics era and saying theyd be the same team without him. So much for "hope we can keep this friendly and going" what are you bi-polar? And to top it off you still havent made any valid points as to why device didnt deserve the MVP or rather why one of his teammates deserved it more besides device having less clutches than xyp9x and gla1ve when that's literally their role and not his.
2018-12-12 02:00
Noone has ever claimed that device is the GOAT and he'll never be claimed as one. You're extremely delusional, just stop responding now, thx.
2018-12-12 02:04
Why wouldn't you claim he's the goat? Literally the most consistent player of all time, most MVPs of all time, won the biggest events while being the MVP of those events, doesn't need entire team built around him, he's amazing just as a role player, doesn't need whole team to sacrifice themselves for him to do good, shows up a lot when it matters, isn't choking, isn't claimed to be top 1 player than disappearing in grand finals of a major etc. BTW I'm not claiming he's the most skilled player btw his qualities are not just mechanical he has more to him than just being a pug player running around looking to make the best highlight plays, he isn't playing low iq CS, he plays the game the way it's supposed to be if you want to be a winner.
2018-12-12 02:20
So you'd say he's the goat? greatest of all time, thats your claim right?
2018-12-12 02:29
As a player ofc he is, he isn't the most skilled and flashy player like s1mple, kennyS, NiKo etc but he's way smarter and a way better player team player than them in every aspect and that's what it takes to win in this eSport, being the best pug player doesn't mean shit and I could give a fuck less about players stats. A lot of those stats are straight up boosted against teams who are not even close to their level, one could even say Device has boosted stats just because no one is on Astralis' level that's why I don't give a shit about stats with no context. From 2015 when TSM was shitting on Fnatic in Fnatic's Era to 2018 where Astralis dominated the scene, He's always been the top player there, he always lead his team to the top. Other players you compare to him never did this and never will they will always be a punching bag for Device.
2018-12-12 02:33
Punching bag for devices team* Device was non existent During sk ''era''
2018-12-12 02:35
Really? Non existent during sk era? 2016 Device ranked #3 in the top 20 HLTV players of the year ranking 2017 Device ranked #5 in the top 20 HLTV players of the year ranking. Pretty accomplished for someone who was "non existent" I can tell you're just a pure hater, band wagon kid calling him boring and over rated etc cause you have no real arguments everyone else that knows this game well can see what he's been doing all these years.
2018-12-12 02:45
What I meant with non existent is that his presence was 0, no-one talked about him.
2018-12-12 03:23
But he's overrated? He gets WAY too much credit for astralis success while xyp barely gets anything. And lets not start talk about magisk, no-one ever ever mentions him, he's never even in a topic, which is sad.
2018-12-12 03:24
Xyp got a ton of respect and praise people literally label him as the best clutcher of all time, one of the smartest, most calm and good players under pressure etc but at the end of the day he's still a hard support role player so his stats will always be lower than other players doesn't matter how many clutches he wins. HLTV is rating this more on stats so no he isn't under rated he gets all the praise he deserves but by HLTVs metric he can't win MVP awards because of the role he is playing in the team.
2018-12-12 03:28
+10
2018-12-12 03:40
flusha | 
Sweden D1SCO8 
I saw someone said that you get the MVP for the whole tournament and not just the finals.. Say that to NiKo . He cant perform in finals, and they come second... If u want to win then u need to perform.. Do device peform, YES he does.. but in finals he isnt performing as WELL as he does in groupstage and so on.. Does device deserve MVP? Yes ofc he does.. All of the Astralis players does.. BUT.. Glaive is the MVP.. He frags so damn good, he is the mastermind, He are the true MVP to Astralis... Xyp is to me more deserving to MVP than Device, but hey. THEY are ALL deserving of it.. Remember IEM Kato, when fnatic beat Faze in b5... Everyone said that NIKO would get MVP if Faze won, and that Krimz would get it if Fnatic won before the final start.. Why ? Becasue NIKO and KRIMZ was the best until that moment for their teams.. Flusha wasnt far away, but Krimz was WAY better imo... But who ended up winning the MVP? .. Flusha... Why? Becasue he won more or less Train by himself and won ALL important rounds.. He also was by far the best player in that b5... who was second best? Krimz. .and he still didnt win.. .why not?.. BEcasue who cares how good u are until u reach the final.. its in the FINALS it really matters... The best player of the FINALS should always win MVP.. in most cases.. there are ofc some special cases.. Semis, quarters ofc should have some influence aswell... GLAIVE is the MVP... in the last 2 wins they had... Xyp has been MVP aswell in a few tourneys. ... And First major Astralis won it was more or less Kjaerbye that won that major for Astralis...And Yes Device has been mvp in a few aswell..
2018-12-12 05:16
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
The difference in rating on astralis in the final of the 1st and 5th player was 1.2 to 1.05 or .15. So essentially there was no difference in the players in the final, they were all very balanced had impact and played well. Device specifically stood out in multiple matches besides the final READ #76 and that is why he deservingly got the MVP.
2018-12-12 08:29
flusha | 
Sweden D1SCO8 
I did say that he deserved it bro ? I just said that Glaive deserved it more...
2018-12-12 17:43
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
But gla1ve doesn't deserve it more. Hes not better individually than device, hes not getting more kills, more opening picks, more multis, more damage than device and he didn't in any of those tournaments. Gla1ves reward is being considered the best IGL currently and possibly ever, a tactical mastermind, and having 9 titles, thats the reward for an IGL who has lead his team to consistent victory. The MVPs and rankings are for players who stood out individually throughout the tournament and Device stood out more than any of his teammates with superb group and quarter play and consistent play in the playoffs having no negative maps. You can't give the IGL "points" for IGLing, they could have made a brilliant call and it could have been because of info that xyp9x gave or something magisk saw, you have no idea what decisions are and are not gla1ves and therefore you can't just give him the award because you perceive he has a lot of impact because that impact is not quantifiable and therefore is not a valid metric for comparison . I agree they're all deserving of MVPs, because theyre a unit, a team, a machine, not an individually brilliant squad, but somone has to get the MVP and the person who does is going to be the person that we can deem had the most quantifiable impact within the series. Also you do realize that all of the players you're arguing for received or will receive an EVP for the tournament right? Its not like their performances is completely ignored and the MVP is the only one who is recognized.
2018-12-12 23:18
This thread is fucking weird, many comments with long texts.
2018-12-12 23:19
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Lol they're pretty much all me
2018-12-12 23:19
There are few guys doing same thing as well if you look up top.
2018-12-12 23:20
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Ah i missed that one
2018-12-12 23:29
I hope you're actually knowing what you're stating right now. Device, has never, not by any analyst or caster, or even player, been called GOAT, and he probably never will.
What we think has no relevance at all. since what we type is our own opinions.
Honestly I don't give a shit what any analyst or caster has to say, I have my own brain and I'm not a dick rider trying to join the band wagon and spew shit through the echo chamber.
But you're trying to make it sound like your opinion is absolute, which im just saying it isn't, we all have our own right to our own opinion :) Have a nice night my friend
Not at all but obviously as a man I will defend my opinion just like any other would.
2018-12-12 02:41
Ya!
2018-12-12 03:21
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
This kid wont he just gets outargued and then changes the topic. See how you're talking about "your opinion" now and not if device is the best player or not.
2018-12-12 03:21
Wait what I was just responding to him normally, If he doesn't want to continue the argument and boils it down to it's just my "opinion" I'm cool with that. This is more of a preference thing and what you look for in a player and what you think makes a player good there is no way to make this a fact etc. Some people really like that brain dead pug player baiting for stats style of play and some people really like that textbook style like device has it just depends which you enjoy more.
2018-12-12 03:25
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Yes people have preferences to playstyles Yes people look for different things in players But to say that device isnt one of the better CSGO players of all time is completely ignorant to his titles, stats, and achievements. As well as his recognition in the scene by other players, coaches, and analysts. If someone actually thinks hes not in the conversation for GOAT after 2018 in CS:GO then they simply don't know enough about the scene. I mean I dont think anyone would disagree that Device is AT LEAST the 10th best CS:GO player OAT so i would say that already puts him in the conversation and i could pretty easily make an argument for top 5. Obviously I know you dont disagree with this sentiment, I'm just saying some things aren't up for interpretation when there is obvious metrics we can compare players by such as achievements, titles, stats, and reputation.
2018-12-12 03:34
I get what you're saying and if we talking about achievements both team and personal Device is the GOAT without debate but for some people that isn't enough, they might look for something else in a player to call him the goat like maybe his mechanics are superior than most other players for example. Also the metrics we use at current day in this game are irrelevant and meaningless, literally all we go off of is stats with no context.
2018-12-12 03:45
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
My point was that hes in the conversation, not the GOAT so that means nothing. I use MUCH more than stats to determine who is the GOAT. And you can't just write off stats. The game is at the end of the day about winning the duels you are presented with in your given situation. The goal of the tactical and teamplay side is to reduce the risk and increase the ease of those kills as much as possible but you still NEED to get kills to win the game and therefore metrics like ADR KPR DPR and KAST are still relevant metrics just never the end all be all
2018-12-12 03:51
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
twitter.com/thooorin/status/106177055879.. Device is by most metrics a top 5 player (statistics, achievements, rankings) in CSGO history and if he continues to win trophies as he is, win a 3rd major which will tie him with the fnatic core and surely move him up. Its pretty hard to argue against him being in the conversation, as of right now he is not the GOAT but has the most potential of any player currently to take over the spot. You literally had no counterarguments to any of my points so you completely ignored it, changed the subject, and decided that i was completely incorrect without actually invalidating any of my points. You take the hard L in this argument considering you couldnt even stay on topic and got bodied every time you tried to switch the topic.
2018-12-12 03:22
Thooorin is the most retarded analyst ever, literally everyone knows that. And as I said in another post. if u believe device is goat, thats good for you, since its a person opinion, But I think it speaks for itself.
2018-12-12 03:22
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
If everyone knew that he would be the most followed analyst on twitter and the most viewed on youtube. Nor would he have 100s of hours of interviews with pros, casters, analysts, and other personalities in the scene. You may not like his style or personality but he almost always remains objective and is very accoladed. Moving on i never said device was the GOAT, i said he was in the conversation and has potential to take the spot in the future. So no it doesn't "speak for itself" because i never said that. Now back to the original point - Do you have any actual reasons why device didnt deserve the MVP in Odense or are you just going to refer back to the number of clutches and completely ignore every other metric? And do you have any coherent reasons how device isnt the best player on Astralis? Because that argument seems completely illogical if we compare historical context of him and his teammates. If not then please dont waste my time with another response since all you seem to do is topic hop as soon as you realize you have no relevant points.
2018-12-12 03:35
Go make a post saying device is the best player on astralis, you'll see.
2018-12-12 03:43
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Lol? Device is the most complete player on Astralis, easily. Xyp9x excels at things device doesnt, as does gla1ve, as does dupreeh but overall device is the most important player. Thats why hes in the star role, thats why the team plays off of him, thats why its reflected in the stats and MVPs time and time again. The fact that you just choose to ignore these metrics is on you, but they exist and they cannot be argued.
2018-12-12 03:53
As I said, Go make a post saying device is the best player on astralis. You'll see where im coming from.
2018-12-12 04:25
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
That has nothing to do with my point. Im just going to get a bunch of non objective morons like yourself and have to copy paste all the reasons theyre wrong that i typed out above. Saying "go make a thread" is the equivalent of asking for backup in a fight. This argument is officially over. Goodbye.
2018-12-12 04:33
LMao, ''my opinion is absolute''
2018-12-12 04:39
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
At least I have an opinion and am able to back it up factually all you do is make claims that have literally no evidence behind them. My opinion is not absolute, I've asked you to challenge my opinion multiple times... "Do you have any actual reasons why device didnt deserve the MVP in Odense or are you just going to refer back to the number of clutches and completely ignore every other metric? And do you have any coherent reasons how device isnt the best player on Astralis? Because that argument seems completely illogical if we compare historical context of him and his teammates." You willingly chose to not answer any of those questions and did not move the conversation forward and therefore I've said all i need to say.
2018-12-12 04:44
Read again: "...as of right now he is not the GOAT but has the most potential of any player currently to take over the spot."
2018-12-12 03:44
 | 
Czech Republic marekkingx 
he had much higher rating than his teammates overall 1.58 rating in the last map is better than okay
2018-12-11 20:56
Thorin | 
Sweden ezwuo 
he played amazingly in the last map of the final tho
2018-12-12 14:22
If you call that amazing then I'dk... I watched the whole game and can remember only one moment of him where he pushed with AK long and killed site short with headshots...
2018-12-12 17:29
Reported
2018-12-12 02:18
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Give me an actual logical explanation for why he didn't deserve a single one of the MVPs he earned this year, I'll wait.
2018-12-12 03:38
Faceit major 2018-Without the mibr and vega game (free frags) He would have had a far worse rating around 1.06 I think. Dupreeh deserved it more, he stepped up when it really matters, in the close games, for example against NiP when He dropped a 50 bomb.
2018-12-12 03:44
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
They didn't face NiP at the major, or rather at the New Legends stage which is what the MVP is given for so the NiP bo1 in the challengers stage did not count, these are the only matches that were counted. hltv.org/stats/players/matches/7592/devi.. Furthermore at the time of the major MiBR were ranked above NiP so I'm not sure how you can invalidate Device's dominant performance vs a better team deeper in the tournament in favor of a closer match vs a weaker team for dupreeh and say that was more impressive. Moving on Device had the highest rating in the tournament and played well in the playoffs, he took over multiple maps throughout the tournament and had the highest impact rating and KPR. If Dupreeh had gotten it it would only be because of MVP fatigue, not because he actually deserved it more than device. Along with Astralis' Emil "Magisk" Reif and Peter "dupreeh" Rasmussen - two players device wound up outshining not just in terms of rating but also impact in round wins.
2018-12-12 04:50
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Also i did the math he had a 1.16125 rating without those 2 matches factored in and you do realize that you can't just ignore matches right? Every match has an impact in the tournament especially in swiss stage when it would have completely changed their route to the playoffs. Also it's quite convenient that you want to disclude 2 games in which device was the best and also were easy victories where other players had boosted stats but yet if dupreeh or xyp had that type of performance in the group stage you'd be praising them and saying they carried the whole tournament.
2018-12-12 04:55
#133 #136 Tl dr dupreeh Was the mvp.
2018-12-12 12:42
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Maybe in your delusional reality but in the real world hltv.org/news/24871/device-claims-faceit..
2018-12-12 12:43
Dupreeh>ecovice by far and you know it
2018-12-12 12:44
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
jammin800k>NiP_1_major_FaZe_0_major and you know it
2018-12-12 12:45
Nt burger
2018-12-12 12:46
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Haha but you know it?
2018-12-12 12:47
Wtf wdym your from trumpland
2018-12-12 12:47
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
You're*
2018-12-12 12:49
Wie wäre es wenn du mit mir in meiner Sprache redest, dann kann ich dich auch auf jeden Fehler hinweisen.
2018-12-12 12:50
I give you one more chance. Go into the faceit major 2018on hltv, go to stats and chose "against top5/10 teams". You can see that dupreeh has by far the best rating from Astralis, and of course better than device. That's why he is called ecovice, because he mainly does his frags against worse teams in their ecos. Whatever you say this is a good evidence and proves my point
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
2018-12-12 14:10
Dude your link is about big events in 2018, I am talking about the faceit major, learn to read wtf
2018-12-12 14:28
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Oh but the award isnt given for MVP vs top 5 teams. Its given for the entire tournament with certain matches weighted more than others and device was overall better than dupreeh throughout the determine despite it being incredibly close.
2018-12-12 14:48
I just wanted to Show you that dupreeh is stepping up when it matters, and this makes him the better player for me.
2018-12-12 14:49
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
Your opinion is noted but that doesn't make it correct or objective
2018-12-12 23:09
 | 
Bulgaria omaiguudness 
0/8
2018-12-12 16:49
 | 
United States Jammin800k 
God forbid you actually tried to have a conversation and justify one of his teammates getting it over him. Oh no but that would take critical thought and actual comparison instead of a flimsy whim of an emotionally based opinion.
2018-12-12 23:10
allu | 
North America N1tsuA 
Watch thorins most recent video he explains it very well
 | 
United States Drude57 
hltv kids scared of thorin
2018-12-11 14:43
allu | 
North America N1tsuA 
He’s a meanie head. But yeah idk why people don’t like him but that video does a great job of explaining
2018-12-11 14:59
twitter thorin =/= yt thorin he is one of the biggest cancers on twitter tbh
2018-12-12 21:05
allu | 
North America N1tsuA 
He’s mostly memeing on Twitter, rather funny tbh. YouTube thorin is entertaining and informative
2018-12-12 21:07
he's definitely not funny on twitter, no. i can get behind your opinion on him on yt.
2018-12-12 21:07
allu | 
North America N1tsuA 
Maybe I just find him funny. Not sure, and i know humor is subjective. Respected opinion regardless
2018-12-12 21:08
So I can say same about s1mple? 6 MVP stole from his tms because he had good k/d 0/8 bait noob.
2018-12-12 02:05
 | 
Germany zeolikk 
He doesn't have as much impact dude
2018-12-12 16:42
xyp9x top 1
2018-12-11 14:05
+1
2018-12-11 14:15
+1
2018-12-11 16:43
 | 
Poland Dorocek 
+1 on putting Xyp9x and gla1ve over device
2018-12-11 14:06
 | 
Denmark K0NG3N 
+1
2018-12-11 14:27
Fair enough but I would argue for third place - it could be Electronic.
no, either gla1ve or device. Then electronic below
Gla1ve has shown good stats only at the end of the year. Electron was stable whole year.
2018-12-11 14:12
then device is much better than electronic
2018-12-11 14:13
Nope at some point Electronic was giving more impact on result of the whole team then Dev1ce.
2018-12-11 14:14
 | 
Denmark BATISTUTA9 
"At some point" That impact you talk about, how many event wins did that convert into ?
Many enough to be on the 2th place in the world.
2018-12-11 14:31
Not even top 5, maybe top 10
2018-12-11 14:40
This is what I meant. Even lower.
2018-12-11 14:40
Change your country and it won't be electronic
2018-12-11 14:18
How could Electronic be related to my country? Only because of Navi? If so then every not braindead person can admit that if Navi were playing without Electronic - now we will be able to see Navi somewhere on 5-6th place.
2018-12-11 14:24
Electronic impact in Navi doesn't make him better than device, Magisk or Xyp
2018-12-11 14:37
Did you see his stats? If we are not talking about the impact then we are talking about the stats, right?
2018-12-11 14:41
Stats doesn't equal to level of play and impact. Electronic hasn't showed anything worth 3rd place, that's it. I suppose he will be put on 5th
2018-12-11 17:05
Lol u said it's not about the impact...So it's about impact or stats, or what? xDDD
2018-12-11 20:49
His impact in his team is great because flamie, Edward and Zeus are bots, but it's not enough to be placed higher than other players mentioned above
2018-12-12 00:48
dont | 
Czech Republic @me 
1) xyp 2) gla1ve 3) kennys 4) s1mple
 | 
France GORILLA_BAR 
Be a man and reveal your real flag ;)
2018-12-11 14:10
dont | 
Czech Republic @me 
it's in my bio
 | 
Europe pencilvester 
KennyLUL
2018-12-11 14:11
dont | 
Czech Republic @me 
the point was kennys>s1mplul
2018-12-11 14:11
pennys<s1mplul
 | 
Europe pencilvester 
Pennys lmao
2018-12-11 14:14
 | 
Europe pencilvester 
Bad point...this is not 2015
PennyS > sh1tple
2018-12-12 00:49
ZywOo | 
France mdK_ 
1. dev1ce 2. s1mple 3. Twistzz 4. allu 5. ZywOo
stoped reading at "4. allu"
You made it that far? I got to #1
2018-12-11 14:16
 | 
Europe pencilvester 
Zinedine Zywoo not this year Maybe next year in the top 5 or top 3
ZywOo | 
France mdK_ 
maybe top 10 this year
2018-12-11 15:25
 | 
Europe pencilvester 
Lets see how he performs agains tier1 teams...but i believe he could be the very best, yes
2018-12-11 15:36
ZywOo | 
France mdK_ 
He's just 18 and so strong damn
2018-12-11 16:38
 | 
CIS Sforz 
High KD vs tier3 0iq vs tier 1 one trophy vs tier2
2018-12-11 20:52
allu | 
North America N1tsuA 
Allu actually could make top 20 this year I didn’t even think about it. Great stats
2018-12-11 14:34
1 s1mple 2 niko i dont care about rest
NiKo | 
Russia Dreammy09 
3 ecov1ce
2018-12-11 14:20
i think he isnt even best player in astralis,imo gla1ve,xyp and dupreeh should be above him
2018-12-11 14:23
NiKo | 
Russia Dreammy09 
yep but HLTV are overrating him ;D
if he will be top1 then it will be the most unjust top1 of all time :D
NiKo | 
Russia Dreammy09 
+1
2018-12-11 14:39
Do you all think naf is top 5?
2018-12-11 14:15
Think he will get top 10. My guess would be around 7-8
2018-12-11 14:17
Brazil nyz 
sorry wrong reply
2018-12-11 14:42
naf must be over twistzz
2018-12-11 14:24
Brazil nyz 
6-10
 | 
Germany zeolikk 
Somewhere around 8-10
2018-12-12 16:43
Xyp9x most clever player i think
2018-12-11 14:16
1) device 2) s1mple or someone from astralis
Dev1ce s2mple
lmaol
2018-12-12 02:23
1 device 2 s1mple 3 Xyp9x
2018-12-11 14:21
 | 
Netherlands Gosharu1 
I feel XYP is craziest CSGO player, so many clutches.
2018-12-11 14:32
you don't give IGL's or support players mvps. You give mvps to the carry players because they are the most valuable player. You don't give them to players who played better than expected. youtube.com/watch?v=56iE6Mb6sTc - actually makes a decent point with examples of when he's wrongly awarded someone an mvp
2018-12-11 14:35
But device isn't a carry player? He's just a consistent player. the MVP is the most valuable player, AKA the reason they win. and that's definitely not the most replaceable guy in the team. IMO Both gla1ve and xyp is the reason they win so much, without either of em they wouldnt've won prob half the amount of tournaments they did, xyp got 12 clutches last tournament, gla1ve got 7. Magisk 4, Dupreeh 4, device got 1 single clutch the whole tournament, surely it was an 1v3 so quite impressing BUT. u could aswell have simple on the team instead for more firepower and they would be unstoppable. Stop praising device so much.
2018-12-11 20:57
Thorins youtube videos are usually spot on
2018-12-12 02:03
I know but a lot of people on HLTV (especially the ones who use reddit too) hate him, so saying that he actually makes some good points is meant to kinda shut down any idiots before they are just asses.
2018-12-12 07:23
flag checks out
2018-12-12 21:11
Brazil nyz 
device will be obviously #1 according to hltv criteria.
 | 
Mongolia k0ng0 
watch as Device steal 2018 1st place just because his team is really good and they've had more success than NAVI. 1. s1mple 2. device
2018-12-11 16:43
s1mple | 
Europe SQXZAF 
1.xyp9x 2.device 3.s1mple 4.gla1ve
2018-12-11 20:54
I agree bro ,thats a good list
2018-12-11 21:00
 | 
Finland Vkims 
Xyp9x worst player in astralis
2018-12-12 00:36
0/8
2018-12-12 23:14
 | 
Finland Vkims 
Its true
Brazil slyy 
device won a MVP doing -4 in the grand finals. 1st is him, even though s1mple, electronic, xyp9x and dupreeh is better than him, playing good doens't matter, you just need to have a good K/D ratio and that's the reason why ecov1ce wil be top1.
2018-12-12 01:19
It is called the mvp of the tournament not the mvp of the finals That is just 2 maps
2018-12-12 02:03
to win a tournament you need to win a final, don't know if that is common acknowledgement or just some countries know that... or you should win a MVP by getting frags in easy matchs? like ecovice who did +12 in a match who they won by 16x6 lol.
2018-12-12 05:03
To win a tournament you need to make it out of the gs And win the quarters And semis Finals is just one match it means the exact same as any elimination match
2018-12-12 05:05
Magisk | 
Denmark Akcheri 
1:Xyp9x 2:Simple 3:Device
2018-12-12 01:42
Xyp9x is literally only good in clutches otherwise he is almost always below his teammates Stop using nonquantifible things you have 0 idea how much impact gla1ve actually makes on the game through his igling My personal opinion Xyp9x is easily the most replacable on the team
2018-12-12 02:02
Watch games more carefully brother :)
2018-12-12 14:35
The two things he excels at are being an anchor and clutching Magisk is an anchor but is much better then Xyp9x at it
2018-12-12 17:32
This really goes to show your incredible lack of knowledge on the game and especially how much of a newfag you sound to be. 2018-01-12
2018-12-12 21:56
Been around since 2014 supporting isnt a skill its a role that literally learned by any one who can put away their ego
2018-12-12 22:10
 | 
Brazil Vitor_IS 
1- s1mple 2 - dev1ce that's for sure
2018-12-12 02:14
s1mple N#1, period. no need to argue
2018-12-12 02:27
 | 
United Kingdom Jeremy_Kyle 
I would say gla1ve no.2
2018-12-12 03:32
 | 
United States Mayor_Quimby 
1. S1mple 2. Gla1ve 3. Dupreeh
2018-12-12 05:20
Totally like your top3, dupreeh should be 4th
2018-12-12 12:53
1. Xyp9x 2. device 3. s1mple
2018-12-12 12:58
1. marke
xyp9x and gla1ve if there was a top 20 cheaters list XD
2018-12-12 14:12
tarik | 
United States Unluko 
XD bad joke
2018-12-12 18:17
XD
2018-12-12 18:59
1- XANTARES
2018-12-12 14:20
idgaf about hltv ratings, but dupreeh>ecolai, s1mple=electronic>all astralis players>rest of navi in terms of skill
2018-12-12 14:38
tarik | 
United States Unluko 
Idgaf about your opinion but device is #1 of 2018 imo
2018-12-12 18:18
individual prizes are for individual performance in a statistical basis and not team performance.
2018-12-13 04:00
still thinking s1mple > device in 2k18 HYPEROMEGALULULLOL
2018-12-12 16:41
flusha | 
Poland MBT_yt 
my top 3 1) device 2) glaive 3) xypex
+1
 | 
Brazil allan_km 
1 device 2 Simple 3 Xyp9x 4 niko 5 glaive 6 Dupreeh 7 Magisk 8 Coldzera 9 NAF 10 Eletronic
2018-12-12 18:22
xD 0/8
1. xyp3x (simply the scariest player in csgo this whole year) 2. s1mple (same reason but 2nd scariest) 3. dev1ce (consistent mobile awper) 4. magisk/glaive 5. magisk/glaive 6. dupreeh mby 7- rest doesnt matter since they are not close to top6 I am Astralis hater since they were the cryptonite of fnatic back in 13-14
2018-12-12 18:26
What the actual fuck you guys talking about ? device is no1 this year without competition 7 MVP multiple tournaments won,with the most dominant team in the world. Its not about skill its about being a complete player. Device is not a type of a player to get two kills and run for 3 more because he wants highlights. He is a type of a player to win the round for the team with his impact kills. Xyp9x is a an insane player but he is not made as a star player for a reason. He is a clutch player. If you put NiKO as an entryfragger and put karrigan as a clutcher karrigan will have more clutches than NiKO because he is in that position NiKO is not made for clutch ( just an example ) Device is the guy who is making the play. Enabling xyp to clutch
2018-12-12 21:25
 | 
Latvia im da bes 
Same
2018-12-12 23:23
Wow you guys are delusional. Where is IDiSBALANCE for example?
2018-12-13 10:30
1. xyp9x (behind smoke) 2. gla1ve (behind smoke) 1. s1mple (without smoke)
2018-12-13 15:56
1. coldzera 2. s1mple 3. Niko REAL TOP 3 2018
2018-12-13 17:23
swag | 
North America Zenoiwnl 
1.simple 2.device 3.twistzz 4.naf 5.glave
2018-12-13 17:32
 | 
Poland Karolina77 
Device Twistzz Glave
2018-12-13 18:17
 | 
Netherlands poeya 
3- Elige 2- xyp9x 1- s1mple
2018-12-13 23:08
1. s1mple 2. niko 3. whole astralis team
2018-12-13 23:09
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.