Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Second Brexit referendum?
United Kingdom Finnick519 
According to all recent polls, and not just from "liberal", "biased" sources either, more people would now want a second referendum. You cannot deny that this Brexit - May's shit deal that everyone hates and will be worse for the country VS No deal Brexit that everyone hates and will be even worse for the country - is not the Brexit people voted for. One of the reasons people voted out was to regain control of our money, but it's going to make us poorer! And if you disagree with the Bank of England stats then you are the real project fear. Even if they're slightly innacurate, there's no way that they are off by 10% is there? I'm going to forget here about certain lies told by slimy politicians during the Leave campaign. But Jacob Rees-Mogg, a hardline Brexiteer, said when the idea of Brexit was being originally proposed that we could have ANOTHER vote when the negotiations had been completed! Of course now that he has won and is scared that he will lose another vote, such a thing is an unthinkable betrayal of democracy. Can you explain to me how it can possibly be undemocratic to HAVE A VOTE? And if the Brexiteers are so confident that this is what the people want, why are they scared of another vote? You're going to win if this is what the people want, right? The misleading Leave Campaign, the abismal negotiations and options put forward by the PM and utter chaos and lack of alternatives within Parliament is the true betrayal of democracy. The EU has said this deal is the only option, or no deal. Everyone hates both of those options. Thinking that some confidence vote and a new PM will convince the EU to renogotiate is fantasy. It is absolute fact that remaining in the EU is currently the best option for this country. If some magic deal appears that will actually benefit us, I'm all for it. But there isn't one. If we voted again and we were still leave then I'd be fine. But people at least need the choice. Try and come up with actual arguments instead of calling me a libtard remoaner.
2018-12-17 23:31
 | 
Lithuania arres 
can you tell me why the current deal is shit. It's not bait, nor sarcastic bs. I honestly don't know much about British politics. Please explain. And what would be acceptable deal for the main population in Britain?
2018-12-17 23:45
The main problem is the Irish backstop, which is about maintaining a frictionless border between Northern Ireland, part of the UK, and the Republic of Ireland which is separate and will stay in the EU. This will keep Northern Ireland in an EU customs union in case the border cannot be negotiated. The problem is that this will draw a hard border between Northern Island and mainland UK, and NI would have to abide by EU rules without having a say in them. And we wouldn't be able to leave the backstop without the EU's approval, and it could last until 2100. This isn't explained in the best way, I don't pretend to understand every technicality, but long story short this deal can basically keep us locked into EU rules for the foreseeable future.
2018-12-18 00:46
 | 
Brazil Eneas56 
Since "stay" had almost 56% of votes in Northern Ireland, is there a chance that Northern Ireland would want to union with Republic of Ireland?
2018-12-18 19:01
 | 
United Kingdom Hamshanks 
No they are definitely Pro-UK but Anti-Brexit. Sucks for them tbf, our politicians are pushing them to the front of the line and yet wont serve them shit apart from a smack in the face, this deal is awful
2018-12-19 16:12
we voted for hard brexit. time for hard brexit. simples. brexit means brexit.
2018-12-17 23:46
When did we vote for a hard Brexit? Basically no one wants a hard Brexit, no one ever has. And when I say "Try and come up with actual arguments instead of calling me a libtard remoaner" that kind of includes generic, senseless statements like "Brexit means Brexit."
2018-12-18 00:48
it was: "in or out." it wasn't: "in, soft brexit or out. p.s if you vote out, then we'll have a SECOND referendum." understand?
2018-12-18 01:04
 | 
United Kingdom Mattors 
The vote was, leave the EU; Yes or no. The voter had no idea of what the government planned to do since they were in favour of no. Some people that voted yes want hard, others want soft. Imo the best course of action, keep pushing May to get a better deal, eventually have a referedum, that deal or no breixt.
2018-12-18 01:14
why would anyone want to vote for a soft brexit? what part of "leave the EU" conjures up images of soft brexit? soft brexit is retarded. we leave the political body but are bound by the same rules that every EU nation has to follow. while still paying money into the EU. we might as well STAY in the EU. that makes more sense than soft brexit. leave = leave. leave =/= stay. okay????? what you're saying = lies.
2018-12-18 01:19
You did read the part where Jacob Rees mogg said that we could have another referendum after negotiations had been finished, right? On the final deal? Before he became a fucking pussy? Yes, it was in or out. The reason people voted out was because they believed it would make the country stronger. All evidence says anything but. This isn't what people voted for. Did you vote leave? Is this what you expected or wanted?
2018-12-18 01:30
funny how remainers are now all experts on what leave voters expected would happen.
2018-12-18 02:10
You didn't answer the question.
2018-12-18 02:16
his point still stands. and so does yours. just shows how much farrange fucked up.
2018-12-18 16:12
Yeah but this guy has a tendency to avoid direct questions, he's done it repeatedly so far.
2018-12-18 16:37
 | 
Estonia Kakapepu 
Maybe he's a politician
2018-12-18 19:12
Exactly what I was thinking XD +1
2018-12-18 19:14
 | 
United Kingdom Hamshanks 
hahaha
2018-12-19 16:13
NiKo | 
United Kingdom lr1015 
If I could vote in your oddly specific 7-option referendum, I'd vote Hard Brexit any day
2018-12-18 14:27
What I mean is that people voted expecting a good deal. They haven't been given that. This is the true betrayal, not a second vote. And there would be a maximum of 3 options in a new vote, because there ARE only 3 options at this point - Mays deal, no deal or no Brexit.
2018-12-18 14:30
NiKo | 
United Kingdom lr1015 
The people voted for brexit. Politicians giving them Brexit is not betrayal, remoaner.
2018-12-18 14:32
And having a vote cannot be undemocratic, by definition. And if I promise to bake you a cake and it's a sloppy mess that I've dropped in a cat's litter box, would you eat it? And I've already said I'm not going to take shit like being called a remoaner, learn how to construct a point WITHOUT some petty insult or don't speak.
2018-12-18 15:25
who would campaign for no deal tho? even corbyn supports (as far as i have understood) either a better deal or no brexit at all. pls feel free to correct me if i have misunderstood the situation
2018-12-18 16:43
Jacob Rees Mogg who is quite a well recognised Brexiteer has said that he supports a no deal brexit. But they're a vast minority. I'm not giving these 3 options based on whether people like them, I giving them because they are literally the only 3 options. I'm sure many brexiteers would campaign for no deal over May's deal or no brexit
2018-12-18 16:51
May's deal is a 500 page piece of shit thats for certain but i don't know how things would go if Uk left without an agreement
2018-12-18 16:55
Terribly. That's why I and many others want a second referendum.
2018-12-18 16:56
the risk with the second referendum is that if the result comes as leave for the second time it will leave no choice to the opposition but accepting the deal that she presents. The second problem is the economy is already fragile (from what i understood by watching the videos of Corbyn and May debating) and the campaigning will require funds which will definitely worsen your economy
2018-12-18 17:01
In the grand scheme of things, the money spent on campaigning will be relatively small. And if we vote leave a second time then yes we would have to accept it, it's a final say referendum.
2018-12-18 17:12
I don't think the campaigning will be relatively small as that vote would probably decide the fate of the members in parliament esp. May and her front row
2018-12-18 17:15
Well if so it wouldn't be funded by the government, it would be by donators like the last Leave campaign.
2018-12-18 18:23
Ofc people voting in favour expected a good deal. Most people also naively thought they could just dictate terms to the EU. People are great in demanding implausible things through popular vote only to then complain that they cannot be accomplished practically. Switzerland does this as well sometimes. Just because you voted for something on an international issue does mean the rest of the world (or in this case the EU) gives a fuck what you want.
2018-12-18 19:25
Yes I know all of that
2018-12-18 19:29
It's still what people wanted
2018-12-18 19:30
2019 will be a tough year :/ i expect alot of shit
2018-12-17 23:46
 | 
United States PsychoLogical 
2020 is when the real political bullshit will happen worldwide :>
2018-12-18 00:49
You overestimate the importance of the US election. Hopefully you guys will get a proper president instead of the criminal megalomaniac you picked last time, but even if not there is a limit to the BS the orange clown can come up with.
2018-12-18 00:55
404 bluewave not found.
2018-12-18 01:13
 | 
A blue wave definitely happened in the US midterms believe it or not :p
2018-12-18 02:03
only in the house tho. the senate still stayed red even tho the dem candidates were better (for example florida, texas)
2018-12-18 16:44
Well they had to sacrifice two senate seats in order to completely take over the House so i say its even
2018-12-18 18:57
No its not. Majority in house is more important rn "Democrats have regained control of the House of Representatives, a momentous win in the midterm elections that will enable the party to block much of Donald Trump’s agenda and bombard the president with investigations." google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-..
2018-12-18 20:20
 | 
With what trump did and acted throughout 2017 and this year, he wont be voted for again, his ratings have been doing poorly cause of it. The democrats only have one shot for this or trump will get elected again so they practically have to think wisely, their best hopes of winning is if they choose Joe Biden or Beto O'Rourke as their main candidates. As much as i hate the democrats as much as the republicans, those two are the only people i'll give a chance.
2018-12-18 01:17
NiKo | 
United Kingdom lr1015 
O'Rourke lost to Cruz, how do you expect him to beat Trump?
2018-12-18 14:28
Ever since that loss, his ratings actually spiked up with many also calling for him to run for president.
2018-12-18 16:23
O'rourke or biden omegalul This is biden's 4th run? And O'Rourke lost to ted cruz lmao
2018-12-18 18:31
Beto losing to cruz only gave him mass support for him due to him nearly winning over Texas which is a traditionally red state
2018-12-18 18:58
 | 
Brazil Eneas56 
Isn't Biden too old to try to be the president again? He will be 78 in 2020... And would U.S vote in a Catholic for president?
2018-12-18 19:04
Well technically yes but age wont stop anyone from voting for him. And yes they would vote for a catholic as long as they can be persuaded into voting for him.
2018-12-18 19:45
 | 
Brazil Eneas56 
Interesting to know, I thought americans would avoid to vote in a non-protestant candidate, let's see what happens.
2018-12-18 22:13
JFK was catholic I believe
2018-12-18 23:41
 | 
Brazil Eneas56 
Yes, he was, actually the only catholic president in the history of U.S. And that's a reason why I asked this, I read somewhere Kennedy had some trouble in his campaign cause of his religion, of course people aren't as religious as they were before so probably Biden wouldn't have resistance against him.
2018-12-19 00:16
It's scary that 2019 and leaving day are just around the corner xd
2018-12-18 00:49
well hope it goes well for ya
Thanks. :)
2018-12-18 14:18
BS. People voted for the unrealistic promises made by brexit politicians, not chaos as hard brexit will mean. Not having a new referendum when a majority clearly wants it is a mistake. And insisting on the reason to not have it is for the sake of democracy is laughable (as most things in British politics).
2018-12-18 00:59
nt most of chaos is caused by Europe to try to reinforce arguments such as this. MORE reason to leave.
2018-12-18 01:08
"most of chaos is caused by Europe" you really want somebody to quote kng dont you?
2018-12-18 16:46
that's just freely available knowledge. it's Europe who determines the future of our relationship by apportioning the benefits the UK will continue to receive after we change our membership status. they are the ones who are bargaining and eroding the conditions of our brexit through threats to revoke deals. so they are the ones instigating chaos. they could just as easily keep us in the customs union and let us leave. but they claim they have to answer to their own internal politics cuz the EU is so unappealing nations can only be kept in through threats to revoke deals. the Great EU. imagine you are having a divorce and your now ex-wife is so ugly she's saying you have to continue to dip into her stinking crotch in order or else she will kill you with alimony. that is what the EU is. an ugly bitch with a smelly stinkhole that's threatening it's divorcing spouse.
2018-12-18 22:02
 | 
Ukraine ksay 
well u instigating chaos for EU and they instigating chaos for UK. seems fair to me.
2018-12-18 23:43
Merkel is the Chief EU-Destroyer. if she and Juncker weren't in charge the UK would never have voted to leave. she chased the UK out of the door. she is the real architect of Brexit, not Farage. regarding negotiations, the ball is entirely in the EU's court. if Juncker forces hard Brexit conditions then both parties will face worse economic prospects. and they will create bad relations. they are trying to barter away the conditions of our democratically arrived brexit mandate instead of respecting our right to self-determination. they could choose to keep free trade with the UK and maintain good relations. instead they instigate their own chaos. if the EU wasn't so shit, they wouldn't have to threaten people to remain in it. instead they constantly push for more migration and greater centralisation of power in Brussels. so they don't want to make concessions that would make it's members think they don't have to do that. all the problems have their source inside the EU. which is why we need to get the fuck out of there deal or no deal.
2018-12-19 00:20
+1, apparently voting is undemocratic.
2018-12-18 14:24
Dude, your people voted. You made your decision, based on democratic rules. If you can't stand what you voted for then maybe next time think a bit before putting your X on that piece off paper. You deserve what you get - and that is to be worse off. Sorry? no. Not at all. The f.king scary thing here is that every politician that that said that it was better to have BREXIT has not put their tail behind their legs and have run off cause they did not even understand what this vote even meant for your country. F.king cowards. You want a new vote cause now you realise that your crap on your own, I say NO. Stand up for what you voted for and feel the consequences, that is what the burger country is doing right now. So see you later, you reap what you saw... Churchill was right all along: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. "
2018-12-18 01:06
I agree with the last quote but the harsh truth is that it isn't just Britain that'd be better off inside the EU - the entire EU would be better off if Britain stayed too. The sad reality is that a lot of British voters didn't even really understand what they were voting for, and it doesn't help that their government is making a complete shit-show of the proceedings now either. The best option for everybody would just be that Britain hold a second referendum, so everyone can put this shit to bed, and most importantly; we won't have to hear any more news articles about it.
2018-12-18 01:16
Agree on the last part. But for the second referendum I say no. Yes we would be better off in the EU with the Brits aboard but the have to face what they did. This is not a game where you have second chance, ohhh I died on DM so I just re-spawn. They voted YES, THEY DID IT. Not anyone else but themselves forced them to do this. This is democracy if you want democracy this is what you get...
But even people who voted leave want another vote. And all polls show that remain would now win by a larger margin by which remain won. It cannot be undemocratic to have a vote. Voting defines democracy. If people aren't allowed to change their minds then we should be still sticking to the 1973 referendum that voted us in. People's minds change. They have again.
2018-12-18 14:27
Of course people can change their minds. If you vote for something and 2 years after, when the government and eu for that matter, have spent so many resources on accepting and respecting the peoples vote, figure out that this is not as fantastic as we imagined. It would, imo, be disrespecting the democratic processes and all the resources put into it. I think it is good that for once you actually hold people accountable for their populistic voting... Also I think the politicians that screamed on brexit should step forward and take responsibility for what they did, and show the people that voted on what they believed that they stand by their screaming. As I wrote, this is not a game, where you can just change your mind when you figure out that something else would be better...
2018-12-18 15:58
It's not a game, it's the future of my country. And if we discover that Brexit is worse for the country, which we have, then it would be idiotic not to at least give us the chance to change our mind, when we obviously want to.
2018-12-18 16:05
So you think this is like - ok we WANT this and vote it through - then when you develop a brain and figure out it was a bad move then you want back in. It is the future of your country and you voted for it. Grow a set off balls and see it through
2018-12-18 18:44
Many people who did vote leave did not know everything about what it would mean, there simply wasn't enough information to make an educated decision. And that kind of attitude, that we should "grow a pair" is just absurd. Foolish pride and stubbornness is NOT the way to go around such an important matter. That's a really dangerous viewpoint to have. I hope you realise that.
2018-12-18 19:14
I actually think it is a much more dangerous viewpoint to have when you say that people where not educated enough to make the decision. If there wasn't enough information why did people vote YES. This is the problem with democracy that the average voter is simply not "intelligent" enough to make such important decisions. You still made the decision and to respect democracy and the peoples vote, you should stick by what you voted for...
2018-12-18 22:50
Again, you say we should "just stick with it". That's the exact attitude I'm talking about, so you obviously don't understand. If I was a murderer who didn't realise killing was wrong, and then I found out, would I just keep on killing? Same principle. People voted yes because there was FALSE information. And again, you are implying that having a vote is undemocratic. Nice.
2018-12-18 22:55
I am sorry to have to say this but that has to be the most dumb ass argument I have ever heard in my life, and I have heard people argue for racism, alien abduction, paedophile and much more crap. The murder argument is so enormously unintelligent that I have no words... Simply disgusting.... What you don't understand is that you made a decision. Why is it that just because you realise that it is a crappy decision, that you should not stick with it? You cost your own society millions you cost EU millions because you voted for something, and now you just think that because it is a crappy decision you can just say "hey man, I made a mistake". False information? who delivered that false information? was it the EU? was it the people you voted for in the first place? Take some f.king responsibility for what you have done. Do you think it is democratic if the leaders of a country just continue to make a vote every time they don't get the answer they wanted???? Nice to think that is democracy...
2018-12-18 23:30
You completely misunderstand. The point I'm trying to make is that it is stupid and stubborn to just stick with something when you know it's wrong. That's where I was going with the murder thing. I'm not comparing brexit to murder. It's a simple metaphor. And until you understand that metaphor you won't understand why it's ok to have a second referendum after we've realise we fucked up. And as the European Court of Justice said, YES, we CAN just say "hey I made a mistake". They said we can revoke article 50 without consequence and stay in the EU. What kind of idea is it to not correct mistakes because of what we thought at first? How can you possibly not see that? You obviously didn't pay attention to the leave campaign, so I'll give one example. They said we'd have an extra £350 million when we left the EU which we could give to the NHS. This number has been proven very inaccurate multiple times. It's all playing on people's emotions, people know the NHS is struggling so they think this is the answer. It was the leave campaign spreading false information. Taking responsibility for a mistake would be correcting the mistake. How can you not see that? This vote is a FINAL SAY referendum. It is not a LETS VOTE UNTIL WE GET WHAT WE WANT referendum. FINAL. It WON'T happen again. You have really shown that you're not properly understanding what I'm saying, please read more carefully next time.
2018-12-19 00:11
So because I have another opinion than you is because I don't understand things? Tbh from my little pothole on this earth I would prefer UK to be a part of the EU, cause I believe that in order for us to survive in the future we need a strong Europe that stands together. Yes maybe your politicians said all sorts of crazy stuff during the campaign but the ones who said it was the ones you voted for in the first place. This will be the last vote argument? Why is this the last vote? If you can vote about something every 2 years then who says that your not just going to make another vote in 2 years cause you changed you minds again?
2018-12-19 00:17
I think you don't understand things because you somehow think it's wrong for me to make a metaphor for the brexit situation which is based around murder. Not comparing brexit to murder. IT'S A METAPHOR. I don't think you understand because "we" didn't vote in these people. Nigel Farage was made head of ukip by ukip. He was elected as an MP by his constituency but that is one town, not the whole of the UK. I don't think you understand because you don't realise that THIS ISN'T JUST A VOTE UNTIL WE GET WHAT WE WANT VOTE. IT'S A FINAL SAY VOTE BECAUSE KNOW WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE GETTING OURSELVES INTO AND IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO STOP IT, IF WE WANT TO STOP IT, OF COURSE. And I'm NOT going to fucking explain it to you because it won't pass through your thick fucking skull. FINAL say. And this is my final reply to you, I've already wasted enough time here talking to Plath, don't need your bs too.
2018-12-19 00:43
Sorry for not agreeing with you. You are the king and what you say is the truth cause it wont pass through my thick skull. Sorry.... Sorry for talking BS that you don't agree with. Sorry for not just saying your are correct and everything you say is the LAW.
2018-12-19 00:47
And that's the reply of someone who knows they are wrong. Thanks.
2018-12-19 00:50
How old are you? That reply is from someone who knows that the ones they are arguing with are not going to say anything different cause they cant evolve in their tiny brains...
2018-12-19 00:53
I'm not saying anymore because I've already said plenty, yet again you can't read that I'm done with this xd And of course you bring age into this try and devalidate my arguments xd
2018-12-19 00:54
So how old are you?
2018-12-19 00:55
2018-12-19 00:57
It is a simple question. Just that when you have worked with people the most off your life then you know the development of the cognition in the brain and can actually make a lot of value in knowing the age of someone. For people in their early 20's and up to around their 30 there are a distinct feature of knowledge. This knowledge makes them think that their opinions are correct and without flaws. From the 30's they develop are more reflective mind that are very self critical and questions all the knowledge learned in the 20's. But of course you probably know more about this than me... Edit: this if of course in the normal developing brain.
2018-12-19 01:03
I don't think my opinions aren't flawed. So another big, but incorrect, paragraph. Stop trying to act smart with all this brain behaviour stuff lmao
2018-12-19 01:13
Well you just proved the theses correct. And it is not my behaviour stuff it is scientific stuff. But then again you probably smarter than them as well...
2018-12-19 01:26
No, I'm not smarter than brain scientists what the fuck do you mean? I smarter than you! And quoting these scientists doesn't make you any smarter! Have a good night.
2018-12-19 01:34
Cause knowledge is nothing to do with being smart... hahahahha
2018-12-19 01:34
Ohhh shit man I have been baited. Good one with the we only vote twice and all you got me good there...
2018-12-19 01:41
 | 
United Kingdom Hamshanks 
You know it was close to 50-50? You're bunching us together like we all wanted it.
2018-12-19 16:15
SS | 
Europe ApziIsKing 
The EU bureaucrats want UK out of the EU. Just before Brexit they announced that all turks will be given visa-free travel in Europe which swayed the Brexit vote. UK has been a bastion against European integration, now with UK gone they have a better chance to integrate EU.
2018-12-18 16:17
it's been voted already and people decided to leave. you want other referendums till you get the result that pleases you, very democratic indeed.
2018-12-18 01:08
smooya | 
United Kingdom fal36 
+1 Definition of corruption
2018-12-18 01:21
You really didn't read a word of what I wrote up there, did you? Read again. If you can't understand then don't reply again.
2018-12-18 02:02
I did understand perfectly and I repeat what I said, it's already been voted. If you make a new referendum then democracy makes no sense in your country, what's the point of asking the majority what they want if you could just make a new referendum to just invalid the last one? It's anti-democratic. And if the people who voted yes regret their decision, deal with the consequences and think better before they vote next time, now you can't just rip off the constitution because some people didn't like the results.
2018-12-18 14:44
People thought as best they could first time, considering there was no factual information at the time on the impacts of Brexit and only Brexiteer propaganda. I've already explained why I think a second vote is necessary. People didn't vote for the fucking mess we are in now, they thought we'd have a good deal and would be better off. That's not going to happen, and all polls show that we've changed our mind. It would be anti democratic to not give us this second vote if we have changed our mind. And if we still vote leave then what harm has been done? It cannot possibly be anti democratic to have a vote. Voting is how democracy works. Can you see how contradictory such a statement is? And I really can't take this whole "it's just so you can get what you want" bs anymore. It's a final say referendum. People get the FINAL vote on whether this is what they want. Let's say we have another vote and remain wins. That shows that people's mind has changed. The opinion of the British people has changed. And if people CAN'T change their mind, like you and others seem to be suggesting, then why are we ignoring the 1973 referendum that voted us IN?
2018-12-18 15:42
"If we voted again and we were still leave then I'd be fine." spot the lies. nt pinocchio. 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
2018-12-18 01:13
"If we voted again and we were still leave then I'd be fine." - IF IT BENEFITS US OF COURSE... If it dosen't then we need another vote....
2018-12-18 01:15
Well I wouldn't be happy, and to be frank I'd question the intelligence of this country, but least there would have been a chance for people to decide on this mess and an actual informed decision would've been made. But let's face it. Remain would most likely win this time. And they actually wouldn't have to campaign this time, the past 2 years have done the campaigning for them. Just give me an actual good fucking option on Brexit please and then tell me it's wrong to cancel it, I'm done replying to your shit. Pretty sure I already spoke to you on another Brexit related post I made and you were just as stupid.
2018-12-18 01:37
yes the past two years have been awful. i mean record levels of employment and wages growing at their fastest rate since before the financial crisis. all the economic catastrophes the remain camp said would happen, really happened. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 obama, christine largarde, juncker, merkel, etc... they were all right!!!!!!!!! we should've remained!!!! they warned us!!!! yes i always come to your retarded remoaning threads and shut you down.
2018-12-18 01:52
That last sentence genuinely made me laugh The past 2 years have shown that we are unable to get a good deal. Our parliament and country is divided. We can't make a fucking decision. That's what the latest 2 years have shown. You do realise we haven't left yet, right? So there is no economic catastrophe yet, as we are STILL IN THE EU? We kind of have to leave first for that to happen, as we currently still abide by all the same rules? I'm convinced you're either baiting or just actually stupid now. I'm pretty sure I've replied to all your most recent comments, hard to keep track when you spread all your points across several comments instead of a single one, but yeah that was fun bye "shut you down" LMAO
2018-12-18 02:01
who gives a fuck about a good deal omg ur so dense. the whole world revolves around your own personal position on brexit it seems. always using FUD. you guys said if we voted to leave the markets would crash. now it's postponed till after we leave. jam tomorrow is it?
2018-12-18 02:07
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT A GOOD DEAL? WHATS THE POINT OF VOTING FOR SOMETHING THAT MAKES US WORSE OFF?
2018-12-18 02:12
stop judging the result of the referendum on what occurs or what you think will occur. you are muddling two completely unrelated things because you are unable to respect a result that didn't go your way. just develop some common courtesy already...
2018-12-18 02:19
lmao.
That's all I've got for that.
sit with it a while, maybe one day you'll become aware.
2018-12-18 02:20
"Remain would most likely win this time." Heard that the last time as well, but it doesn't matter. The reality is, even if it takes 100 referendums, it will only count when remain wins.
2018-12-18 02:08
You didn't read or understand what I wrote at the top either. This is not about just going for the outcome I want. Try to understand that. Yes remain was likely to win the first time, but you can't disagree that the situation has changed, as long as the information available to us and the perceptions of the public.
2018-12-18 02:18
If leave wins again you expect brexit to go through? Will you really go quiet or will you make this thread again in 2 years after getting some more "education" on it? Dont worry, nothing's gonna change, no matter the vote.
2018-12-18 02:37
Yes. I would be quiet. We have ALL the information now, within reason. Well, there's your answer, plain and simple. And I said the exact same thing in my original post up top, if you bothered reading it. You just come in here and don't know what you're talking about or what I've even said.
2018-12-18 02:39
How about you bother reading what everyone is typing? Do you really not see a problem with having another vote? If remain wins, how do we settle this? 2 out of 3?
2018-12-18 02:41
Well for a start, no one I've seen has said those last 2 sentences, especially you, so I don't know what you've been reading. Although it would explain why you can't understand anything I say. If we have a second vote then that would be it. We have all the information on what Brexit really means. Everyone knows what they are voting for. Remain didn't even campaign for the first referendum, now they have. It's being called a "final say" referendum for a reason. Ok I've answered the question that has apparently been asked repeatedly but hasn't. Happy?
2018-12-18 02:52
We'll see how final it is.
2018-12-18 02:54
Ok so now you're just being stubborn after I've answered, you wanted the answer and now you're just disagreeing with it lmao what Bye
2018-12-18 02:55
Seeya MATE
2018-12-18 02:56
we voted for leave. the best argument for leave = to not end up looking like the Scots. Demanding a referendum on leaving, then bottling the vote. Then complaining that they want to leave again literally two seconds after the last vote. Anything is better than looking that retarded.
2018-12-18 01:22
They only wanted the second independence referendum because they didn't want Brexit lmao how were they supposed to know that this would happen
2018-12-18 01:32
nt sturgeon. what is with your complete lack of understanding as to how democracy works? if you vote out it means you want to go out. if you vote remain it means you want to remain. there is very little there that could lead you to confusion. with the scots, the referendum ballot did not say "remain with conditions". it just said "REMAIN." remoaners + scottish nationalists = both stupid.
2018-12-18 01:42
I actually can't deal with the shit you spout anymore it's making my head hurt xd I mean by your logic the majority of Scotland voted remain, but they're being forced out but they rest of the UK? Why don't they get to stay? That's why they wanted a new vote. Not unreasonable, is it? Also what is wrong with your understanding of democracy? Democracy is giving people a say in how their country is run. This is done through voting. Democracy = voting According to you, having another vote is undemocratic. What?
2018-12-18 01:55
ofc it's undemocratic to keep asking the same question again and again just because you didn't get WHAT YOU WANTED. you've been told why before about 20 times. the fact you keep asking just shows how dense you are. ofc it's democratic for scotland to remain. scotland voted to remain the UK. the UK voted to leave. they did not decide to hold a referendum for all the regions of the UK, it was a UK-wide referendum. it was a democratic referendum, which scotland lost. scotland has to abide the result just like REMOANERS do. you have all the understanding of a nagging toddler trying to badger your parent to give you some junk food.
And again, it's obvious now from that reply that you haven't read or understood my original post clearly. It's not about getting what I want. It's about people deciding what they want. Nobody expected this when they voted leave. I watched a video recently where the 3 biggest donators to the leave campaign ALL said they were disappointed with what has happened. They didn't expect this. The question isn't "hey I didn't like this result can you vote my way this time" It's "ok now that you have all the information, do you still want this?" And I've told you about 20 times, if this is STILL the people's choice then you will win a second referendum. So what are you scared of? However, if this ISN'T what people want anymore then it would be undemocratic NOT to give them a second opinion, because then you're just carrying on with something people no longer want, which is by definition anti-democratic. By definition, having a vote cannot be anti-democratic. That's actually my last reply, I'm going to bed. This was entertaining, have a good night.
2018-12-18 02:30
yes. create instability and uncertainty by asking the same question repeatedly instead of respecting democratically arrived decisions. then use the bad conditions created to get them to vote how you want. "democracy". NT REMOANER. maybe you can fool a 10 IQ remoaner, but not me !
2018-12-18 02:33
You say I repeat myself but this comment is basically identical to #53 lmao And again you didn't read what I said. I answer your question and you just choose to ignore the answer and make the same comment again?
2018-12-18 02:37
i am not scared of a second referendum. but a second referendum is not fair. it is only to get the result you want. we would not be having it if we had voted to remain. so it is not fair and should never be allowed. i don't care what you say about your reasons for a second referendum. your actions tell the whole truth. only remoaners want a second referendum. they have no respect for democracy.
2018-12-18 02:47
How many fucking times do I have to say that this is not just to get the result I want? Read! I only want 1 more vote before we leave. It gives people a final say. If the final say, in light of all this new information, is leave, the so be it.
2018-12-18 02:47
lmao THE ORIGINAL REFERENDUM WAS MEANT TO GIVE PEOPLE A FINAL SAY. twit FFS. so having ANOTHER REFERENDUM TO GIVE PEOPLE ANOTHER FINAL SAY IS 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 so dishonest! i honestly think this is just another new hltv bait. "ONLY ONE MORE VOTE..." Should be the new Remoaner catchphrase!
2018-12-18 03:56
NiKo | 
United Kingdom lr1015 
> "We voted" > Other part of the world flag
2018-12-18 14:30
He's a fake flag
2018-12-18 15:43
You will be fine. Just bring in a million or so more refugees to help boost your economy. Sadly it actually does, that's a million more people getting money to spend on things but in the end the money runs out. I wonder how many countries are almost out. I know America won't last forever doing that stuff. Almost 50 million people on food stamps right now.
2018-12-18 01:24
The one of the whole selling points of Brexit was to restrict immigration, bringing in even more would just be counterproductive.
2018-12-18 14:28
The damage is already done. Don't you have like 60 Islam courts in your country now with many no go zones? Londistan is a done deal in the end. That means your country leaders allowed them to take over and did nothing to stop it. Third world people don't conform to first world cultures, they want you to conform to them. The worst part of it all is that the world tells the people to vote and we can change things. That's the biggest joke in history. The governments worth as one and have an agenda. Does not matter who you elect. Only reason everyone rich person hates Trump is because the agenda is slowed because he can't be bought.
2018-12-18 15:06
These are more like councils, they are not proper courts and do not decide or enforce the laws of our country. Plenty of immigrants integrate well into our society. Don't see why you don't think that. Yes, we can vote and change things, that's democracy. I'm presuming you mean here that all the governments work together as one, and worth was meant to say work. How is the UK working for anyone elses agenda right now? Rich people as well as me and many others hate Trump because he's a fucking moron.
2018-12-18 15:33
Trump is an American President. He is just trying to stop the same thing from happening in America.
2018-12-18 23:09
The fuck does Trump have to do with anything?
2018-12-18 23:09
Rtard? You mentioned Trump at the end.
2018-12-18 23:11
Ah The point I'm making is nothing is happening to this country. All these problems with immigration don't exist. Trump doesn't want any immigrants. When he started out as President I didn't think he was racist, but now I think he is. He just portrays them all as sub-human, he has no empathy for them. That is why Trump doesn't like immigrants.
2018-12-18 23:22
Well they have not taken the time to learn English. So that's a huge check mark against them. So can I go to England from America and say I'm looking for a job and fleeing the evil Donald Trump and get free money? Just call myself a refugee?
2018-12-18 23:25
Error 404 Intelligence not found
2018-12-18 23:26
So you say Trump is racist for not letting in illegals but when I want to do the same and come to your country you say intelligence not found? Can't I be a refuge?
2018-12-18 23:32
Trump doesn't want refugees. That's why I think he's racist, because he treats EVERY migrant as a threat. He suggested that the border control people should use lethal force for fucks sake. They haven't learnt English because they're too busy fleeing fucking persecution and war. If you're American you live in a rich first world country. Not fucking Venezuela. You aren't a refugee just because you're president's an idiot. You don't know how immigration works. So yes. Error 404 Intelligence not found
2018-12-19 00:24
They are not refugees! They are coming from south America and there is no war going on there. They come with their hands out and many images of them holding 700 dollar Smart phones. So if they are fleeing poverty then how can they afford that? America hands out welfare and they know it. What does race have to do with it? an illegal is an illegal no matter what color. They are jumping the walls to get in.
2018-12-19 11:53
I meant to put violence, not war. But are Venezuelans not living in poverty? Do you even know what's going on there right now? In South America? Obviously they aren't all poor, they just want to get into America, but most of them are. They're definitely running from something. A quote from Donald Trump about Mexicans, might not be exact "they're bringing in drugs, they're bring in violence, and some, I assume, are good people" He's assuming that there are some good Mexicans. Why.does he think that most of them are bad people? Yes, illegal immigrants are illegal, but sometimes people don't have a choice. I've also heard that Trump is shutting down the immigration centres where people can seek asylum, although I can't give you a source on that. How else are they meant to get in, then? Whether or not he's a racist, he's still a horrible person. His own colleagues in the White House have said it.
2018-12-19 15:46
You do not understand. The good people working hard in a country with a good life don't move to another country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey I love America my life is awesome I'm going to walks 2k miles to Honduras. No! NO! NO!!!! that does not happen. The shit holes go to other countries, not doctors, or skilled people. Wake the F you you cuck. Hey family I have a masters degree and am a good doctor but lets all walk 2k miles to America. In Reality it's I'm a lazy bum and heard America will give us free money.
2018-12-19 16:12
What you just wrote is most confusing pile of shit I've ever seen When did I say that an American would go to Honduras???? I said people would come INTO America. And the fucking point is that they DON'T all have good lives, that's why they are running. Are you thick? And what is this master's degree bullshit? You literally say that no skilled workers are immigrants and then you give in example of an immigrant who is a doctor with a master's degree for whatever reason, complete contradiction. So it's YOU that doesn't understand.
2018-12-19 16:19
Just quit europe is dying LOL
2018-12-18 01:25
Sorry what
2018-12-18 01:26
Blind or stupid europe dying
2018-12-18 01:27
In what way is Europe dying
2018-12-18 01:31
1.Terrorist Attack 2.Useless Politics 3.Putin wants ww3 4.Ukraine is Poor 5.Greece on fire evry summer
2018-12-18 01:33
You are professional baiter man gj
2018-12-18 01:38
Not a bait 100% true
2018-12-18 01:42
Sorry I don't believe you
2018-12-18 01:50
Europe is not dying, don't worry. It is you that are dying cause your voters believe BS from politicians and cba to look into it themselves....
2018-12-18 01:33
NiKo | 
United Kingdom lr1015 
Sorry Mr Sherpa, didn't know you could get internet up in your mountain hut
2018-12-18 14:31
He's also a fake flag
2018-12-18 15:44
I agree with everything you said mate Voting is literally the cornerstone of democracy, how can voting again be wrong? Doesn't make any sense If Leave wins, then ok fine. I'm happy. My opinion is May has to go, can't stand the sight of her
2018-12-18 01:34
Yeah, if the opposition calls a vote of no confidence any time soon she'll most likely be gone. Or she could just finally resign. Glad someone actually understands the definition of democracy too.
2018-12-18 01:40
nt 10 iq remoaner. before the referendum occurred people shat on cameron for allowing these questions to be asked because they caused insecurity and uncertainty in the markets. expected that a remoaner can't understand things in the big picture and how not knowing what will happen next actually affects people. expected, cuz they are probably still in college. remoaner can't make a decision without having to ask the same question 10 times apparently.
2018-12-18 01:54
 | 
Denmark Derige 
Disclaimer: Havnt been keeping up lately so i dont know how the recent negotiations have gone. Anywho i dont think that you will get a better deal. And i certainly dont think its because of May. If the EU let you get a good deal then they are telling all the other countries go ahead and leave and we will let you get away with good deals that will help your country while the ones that stays in the EU will have to pay all the bills.
Everything you said there I agree with. The EU won't budge, because then everyone will just try and leave if we get a great deal. Me saying I'd be happy if we came up with a new good deal was completely hypothetical, it won't happen. I do respect Theresa May in many ways, she's tried well at an impossible task, but she's just running into a brick wall at his point trying to force this deal through parliament.
2018-12-18 01:46
I think she can't do much. This brexit to me was a populist thing very good to gain votes but which in practice would not work. Was another guy which started all of this and got elect because of brexit right? Sorry I didnt know all the details). I'm trying to really understand if all this migrants is a real problem ( unployment rate growed from 5 to 10%???) Or is just bulshit selled to comom people. Hate is very easy to sell. I'M not saying you should not Defend your borders, but for me there are people that want to be in the power and selled this bulshit. Now everyone will pay for the ignorance of medium classe voters.
Ex-prime minister David Cameron promised a EU referendum to try and win more votes. He never thought we'd actually vote leave. It was people like Farage who were campaigning for Brexit and started everything. Migrants aren't a problem. They are not stealing our jobs, unemployment rates are lower than ever. It's fear mongering. Free movement is very important for our economy. It brings in work and allows frictionless movement of the goods we sell across the continent, without checks or regulations. There's a reason we have so many Pakistanis in our newsagents. It's the job no British people want. They don't take the job from us, they fill a gap. Also, the majority of our migrants come from outside of the EU, which means we have complete control over what we do with them. So the EU does not affect most of our migration.
2018-12-18 15:51
 | 
Brazil Seleskva 
if there was a referendum, why wasn't it applied and why they changed the deal?
Sorry, I don't really understand. The referendum was to decide whether we wanted to leave We voted to leave. Then came the negotiations on our future relationship with the EU. The deal wasn't decided before the vote. It's been negotiated between our prime minister and the EU now, but it still hasn't been approved by our parliament, and if it doesn't get approved, which is almost certain, then we leave with no deal. The referendum was applied. We triggered article 50, which starts the process of leaving the EU.
2018-12-18 01:49
 | 
Brazil Seleskva 
Yeah, i messed up, i thought the referendum was to immeadiately leave EU with a deal. It seems weird that UK decided to leave EU without a guaranteed counterpart, but this seeing from outside, Brazilian media made a very poor coverage about this :/
2018-12-18 01:57
Ah ok, I understand the confusion. Because i really think it is stupid to vote for something without knowing how we are going to do it first.
2018-12-18 02:05
so why brits wouldnt vote remain then XD
2018-12-18 17:18
Misled by Brexiteer politicians
2018-12-18 17:31
cuz the MPs DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE. the majority of people voted to leave, by a slim majority. but the representatives that we elect are almost all remainers. so the MPs are doing their best to betray the political mandate and the will of the people. they do this hand in hand with Europe. to try to make things so bad that we accept a second referendum. then they will use their psyops to make us vote remain.
2018-12-18 01:56
It should tell you something that all the people we voted to run the country wanted to stay, shouldn't it? Didn't May want to stay, but she's still powering on, doing the best she can in such a situation? She's insisting there will be no second referendum? Where's her betrayal? And if you're so confident that this is the will of the people, THEN WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED IF ANOTHER VOTE IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL WIN?
2018-12-18 02:09
exactly it just goes to show how complete their betrayal is. i mean they put a remainer in charge of the brexit negotiations cuz the brexit wing of the conservative party is not the majority. the candidate who actually wanted to leave before brexit didn't even win the nomination to lead the party. andrea leadsom or michael gove = brexiteers. may = remainer.
2018-12-18 02:13
But a remainer has done as good a job as any leaver could've? Because the EU can NOT just give us some amazing deal, no matter who is negotiating, because then EVERYONE would leave. The outcome is the same as it would've been. If I didn't know she was a remainer originally you would've shocked me. You think she's been acting like a remainer during these negotiations? See this is the problem, I say I'm going to stop replying and then I don't because you say something else that's stupid and it's like ocd, I have to correct it lmao
2018-12-18 02:15
Dude please don't post on the forum if you can't answer people responding to your thread. Your just as pathetic as your post tbh...
2018-12-18 02:17
How have I not answered him? He actually hasn't answered a few direct questions I've made up above somewhere. He must be a politician.
2018-12-18 02:21
It is you that I am talking about. You just answer some of the people that make points in the thread but, ignore other. Coincidence?
2018-12-18 02:22
Well I'm sorry that I'm answering a busy, disorganized thread on my phone in my bed at 1:30 am, and it's easy to miss replies, especially when people like Plath make multiple comment instead of one which I have to all respond to. I might've missed a reply or two.
2018-12-18 02:32
i asked this in your thread the last time you made it. "if the EU is so great, why does it have to threaten people in order to keep countries as members?" you act like it should be obvious but you never replied to me last time.
2018-12-18 02:23
When does it threaten people? Wait I won't even ask that I don't want some bs reply
2018-12-18 02:33
what a dishonest question!
2018-12-18 02:41
lmao her deal was exactly what everyone predicted she would get. a real brexiteer would have taken us out already. she doesn't want us to leave, so she came back with a deal that was basically REMAINING. and then she called it a good deal. so yes I DO BELIEVE SHE ACTED AS A REMAINER. if she gives us a second referendum which I expect she will then the betrayal is truly complete.
2018-12-18 02:30
IF EVERYONE PREDICTED THIS THEN WHY DOES FUCKING NOBODY, INCLUDING LEAVERS, WANT IT? I don't think she will create another vote, I think there will be a vote of no confidence and then Corbyn will call a second vote.
2018-12-18 02:35
She did not please anyone because no one voted for a soft brexit. May delivered us a stinky turd cuz she either wanted us to accept it or so we get a second referendum. She did not deliver on a good deal or in taking us out of Europe. May = Just a remainer who says that she respect the will of the people, but doesn't really. Just like all remoaners, in fact!
2018-12-18 02:39
You're literally contradicting yourself, unless you expected a bad deal. You're saying everyone expected this but you're saying that she's delivered us a stinky turd. So you expected a stinky turd? Then why did you vote leave? "She did not deliver on a good deal" because this is the best deal possible. As I've already said, the EU can not just give us some good deal, because if it were better for us to leave then EVERYONE would leave. You see that logic? So 2 questions there, Did you expect a stinky turd deal, as you've apprantely said? If so, why vote leave and continue to argue for it? Don't answer, just think about it. And think about what I said on my second long paragraph as well.
2018-12-18 02:45
ofc i expected a bad deal from her. how tf are you not following me? after all this time... have i ever said anything positive about May, yet you are thinking i expected May to deliver a good deal? I DON'T WANT A FUCKING BREXIT DEAL BECAUSE THEY WON'T GIVE US A GOOD ONE. I never expected a good brexit deal. I JUST WANT TO LEAVE. THAT IS WHAT I VOTED FOR. What part of that is so hard for you to wrap your brain around???????? again. that is what was voted on in the referendum. not on any specifics regarding a deal. not on what you think the future looks like. WE. VOTED. TO. LEAVE. THE. EU. hence why i will repeat this to you to death every time you post more stupid shit to try to confuse things. LEAVE MEANS... LEAVE! OUT MEANS OUT. SIMPLES. Just like Referendums are BO1, not BO3, not BO5. BO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLES. Remoaners = uncomprehending and infinitely stupid! P.S. "As I've already said, the EU can not just give us some good deal, because if it were better for us to leave then EVERYONE would leave." SEE #85
2018-12-18 08:01
no deal would completely wreck your economy
2018-12-18 13:30
So you just voted for something you knew was worse for us, is what you're saying. You know how fucking stupid that is? I'm guessing from all this you only want to leave so we can't be "dictated" to. We aren't dictated to. You yet again do not understand democracy. We are a member and we have a say in what happens in the EU, just as we had a say in our referendum which you defend so much. "Official EU voting records* show that the British government has voted ‘No’ to laws passed at EU level on 56 occasions, abstained 70 times, and voted ‘Yes’ 2,466 times since 1999, according to UK in a Changing Europe Fellows Sara Hagemann and Simon Hix." - fullfact.org So 95% of the time we agree with EU law anyway, 3% of the time we abstain and merely 2% of the time do we disagree. How is that a dictatorship? And how does that 2% outweigh the vast number of economic and political benefits we gain from membership? I have actually come up with my own arguments for my beliefs. All you have done is sent back senseless slogans like "leave means leave" or "remoaner" without any kind of reasoning, or if you have had a reason I have countered it and you haven't countered back. You have done absolutely nothing to change my mind and then complained that I'm apparently not listening. You're the one who doesn't listen, or say anything even remotely intelligent. You say I try to confuse things, obviously Brexiteers get confused when basic logic is presented to them. It's not me, it's your lack of understanding. I'm not going over the whole leave means leave thing again, I've already come up with actual arguments for a second referendum and if you're not going to listen then what can I do? Yet again, I tell you that when Brexit was being proposed Jacob Rees Mogg said that we could have a two part referendum. The only reason people like him and you won't allow it anymore is because you are afraid you would lose. With the last part, how the fuck is that THREATENING us? You're saying that when we leave the EU we should still have all the rights we'd have with membership? Why would the EU allow that? And how is that THREATENING us into remaining? If I used to go to a golfing club and then quit then I wouldn't be allowed to use the facilities at the golfing club. Make sense? How about you wrap your head around all of that you fucking retard?
2018-12-18 13:47
ofc i haven't swayed you. you are thick as shit and don't listen to anyone. not just me. nothing will change your mind because you don't consciously don't want to hear anything. not because someone is saying something smth wrong or right. i am absolutely wasting my time with you. i just enjoy shooting down what you have to say. you are a lost cause. i only persevere to be a counterpoint to the stupid things you say because not everyone has a closed mind. when you are presented with a logical assertion you quickly either ignore it, respond with something that is completely illogical or simply follow a question with another question. anyone who is capable of critical thinking can spot such fallacious arguments.
2018-12-18 14:13
I've read everything you have said, no matter how stupid it is. In several of your replies you have proved that you haven't read what I have said back. Name me one piece of logic you have presented, anyway. Give me an example right now. I am VERY open minded, YOU just can't convince me. Before the vote I was remain, but after the vote I actually thought leave might be a good idea. But we have no good deal so now I believe in a second vote. You don't know me. You keep saying you shoot me down but you never have, please give me an example of this. Are you actually going to suggest that YOU have an open mind? I've gone and read a large chunk of our conversation. You have made ZERO logical points. Brexit means Brexit is NOT a logical argument. Anything you have said that hasn't been some leaver slogan, I have countered. You live in your own little bubble. I don't know why I have humoured you for so long, I said I wouldn't accept slogans like this at the start and I won't accept it anymore. If you have nothing smart to say, don't speak. Try and answer my questions above. Give examples of your logic.
2018-12-18 14:23
you don't even know what logic is. you think if you disagree with it then it's not a logical point. which just goes to show that the time i have spent talking to you has been a total waste. :) so ofc i am done now. Remoaner intelligence smh.
2018-12-18 21:22
Sorry, I asked you 2 more direct questions which AGAIN you have COMPLETELY ignored. Just like every other question I've asked. Why? Because you can't answer them. Because you have ZERO logical arguments, and you know it. Accept when you're beaten and move on, I am moving on now so don't reply, just let it sit in your mind.
2018-12-18 21:28
"a real brexiteer would have taken us out already" Hi, just in relation to this comment, how would you solve the Irish backstop issue which seems to be a real sticking point atm? Thanks
2018-12-18 19:16
problem is with the DUP imo. if they can't accept a hard border between the two parts of ireland then the hard border has to start on the isle of great britain. northern ireland remains a backstop territory.
2018-12-18 21:24
Thanks for the reply. The scenario you outlined which appears to be the most logical solution would spark tensions and lead to violence again in Northern Ireland among those who want to remain a part of the UK so how would you resolve this without conflict?
2018-12-18 21:26
that is the only compromise they are allowing us. i don't think they have given us any options if they don't want a hard border in ireland. anyway violence might occur but if the change was to happen what could the loyalists do to change the situation? i don't see how any political violence could change anything once the decision is made.
2018-12-18 21:29
"they are allowing us" By they I assume you mean the EU? Which we voted to leave partly because of an end to free movement? Which would create a hard border between Northern and Southern Ireland? Nice logic definitely the EU's fault
2018-12-18 22:30
just more of your erroneous inferences. we are responding to the demands of the DUP and the obligations we made in the good friday agreement. i never said anything about the EU. swing and a miss...
2018-12-18 22:36
Sorry, I didn't actually think you were retarded enough to question why the Irish don't want a hard border. Looks like I overestimated your intelligence by quite a bit.
2018-12-18 22:48
+1
2018-12-18 02:11
nice democracy lmfao
2018-12-18 01:58
Let's vote over and over til we get what we want lmao, doesnt matter if we lose 50 times, final one is what counts
2018-12-18 02:00
And we have another idiot author of a thread; Finnick519. Actually active but only responds to the people he agrees with or that he thinks he can argue with. Another pathetic user of this forum congratulations...
2018-12-18 02:06
I'm not sure if this comment was made before after the same comment you made somewhere else, but I answered this. Read it. It's pretty hard to respond to every single fucking person instantly, dipshit.
2018-12-18 13:48
I will tell you the problem, To have another vote on the same thing is pretty hard though, it is generally very important that a certain party is not able to re-vote over and over again till there result is reached. Also it would require some politicians to stand up and actually want it, which either ways is a huge risk to take. While I personally would say that a second referendum is required to serve honesty democracy since the result the uk got right now is certainly not what was expected and also foretold. And for me this is the very point that should legitimate another referendum in this case. PS: I am quite suprised how many people on this site hate "liberals" and how uneven they are represented on this site !
2018-12-18 02:26
 | 
Denmark Derige 
I think the amount of anti liberals on HLTV boils down to two things. 1: Trolls and baiters 2: People who hate liberals are probably more inclined to say it out loud. For example making a comment along the lines of "I like you and your oppionions because you are a liberal" is just weird. Makes more sense to comment on persons you disagree with
2018-12-18 02:38
makes sense ty
2018-12-18 02:44
if you do not claim to believe in liberal values irl you will be treated like the person convicted of being a paedophile. so ofc you don't meet many people who claim to hate liberals irl. liberals = thugs and oppressors. liberal culture = like living under STASI surveillance in the GDR.
2018-12-18 02:57
I do meet them sometimes actually . How retarded and wrong your second statement is, we dont even need to discuss. Get help!
2018-12-18 03:47
LUL ok. probably supports Merkel...
2018-12-18 03:54
Yah like Merkel is a "left" politician right LUL Obviously you didn't get the point
2018-12-18 13:26
ok, my bad. definitely supports Merkel.
2018-12-18 14:04
As I said > Merkel > leftist like me
2018-12-18 16:37
>floods europe with millions of refugees. >right-wing and here come the excuses about how she had no choice... leftist and a merkel-lover.
2018-12-18 23:34
The internet is very much into calling people a libtard. But yes, I agree with why you think a second vote is a good idea. But this wouldn't happen again. It's been labeled a "final say" referendum. It's not about voting over and over again until remainers get what they want. It's about giving people a final decision on all the options available to us - May's deal, No deal or No Brexit - now that we actually know what our options are. Only one more vote now that we have all the information.
2018-12-18 15:56
I just said that is the general problem, I totally agree with what you wrote!
2018-12-18 18:21
Have to see how the vote of no confidence in the government goes. Honestly, I hope there's another general election.
2018-12-18 04:10
Yes, Theresa May's approach of just trying to force this through is not working, and with the Tory no confidence vote failing Labour trying to force something is the only option to actually make some kind of change.
2018-12-18 15:57
Zeus | 
Finland Olter 
Okay teapisser time for war of the roses
2018-12-18 07:52
House of Libtard Vs House of Farage
2018-12-18 15:58
 | 
Norway analpain1337 
Your getting fed lies from the media, rich ppl who will not bennefit from brexit is trying to stop it, and acoreing to fresh stats only 53% wants to redoit even with the fake news media trying to swing oppinions since the poll ended
2018-12-18 07:59
Of course everything is fake news. Is the express, a right wing news source (it's British so you may not know it, but I have several very VERY right wing friends and they all read it), biased and fake news? Because even they are saying that more people want a new vote, and that more people would vote remain this time? Everything in the world that disagrees with your opinion you just call fake news. Its stupid. Also, only 51.9% voted out, to 48.1% remain, so now a larger amount of people want a second vote. That 53% figure is not a 53 47 split either. You probably have the source, I can't remember what source it is exactly or where to find it, but a few dozen percent said they weren't sure when asked the question of a second referendum. So the difference between the two is MUCH bigger than 6%, and certainly bigger than the 4% difference in the first referendum.
2018-12-18 14:10
yeah everything is fake news of course expected argument from the average hltv user
2018-12-18 14:12
 | 
Norway analpain1337 
People own the media so you cant trust it. IUf who ever owns it makes money you cant trust it.
2018-12-18 14:26
Well no one owns the BBC, it's government funded, but people still call that fake news.
2018-12-18 15:59
 | 
Norway analpain1337 
how can no one and the goverment own bbc at the same time?
2018-12-18 16:03
From Wikipedia - "The BBC is a statutory corporation, independent from direct government intervention, with its activities being overseen from April 2017 by the BBC Board and regulated by Ofcom. The Chairman is Sir David Clementi." It is not owned by anyone. It is overseen by a board of many people and is funded by the government.
2018-12-18 16:07
 | 
Norway analpain1337 
yes we have the same system in most of EU, but still what ever you see on bbc, you see since some one wants you to see it, and its allways leading towards something to not let you make your own oppinion on the subject
2018-12-18 16:12
The whole reason that the BBC is funded by the government is to create an unbiased news source. Now, I doubt that any news source is unbiased, but they're pretty good, contrary to popular belief. I see way worse, their articles don't use opinionated language like other news sites (cough, the guardian) Anyone who doesn't have their own opinion on something and just follows one news source is an idiot, and it's not the news source being biased, it's the person being lazy and uninformed. I always use more than one news source, I have a news app that includes articles from lots of different sites. You need to stop thinking that everything is some big conspiracy.
2018-12-18 16:36
 | 
Norway analpain1337 
so your bbc do not tell you what to think about race? nothing possitive/negative about refugees? nothing negative / positive about brexit? all we get from bbc about brexit to norway is negative they might keep the positiv things for uk only?
2018-12-18 17:02
All we are getting from ANY news source right now about brexit is bad things, because all the good things have already been discussed. And they don't tell you what to think, they report the news, how you decide to take that is up to you.
2018-12-18 17:09
 | 
Norway analpain1337 
The bad things got discusded before the vote took place i have to assume. All we can hope for is that you will leave EU as your countery decide. If you backout alot of ppl will lose faith in democracy and that will not only happening in UK
2018-12-18 22:51
The bad things did NOT get discussed before. No one KNEW how bad this would be for us. There were no economic predictions of any kind, and even until recently Dominic Raab, our ex-Brexit Secretary, ADMITTED he didn't realise how important free movement across the English channel was for our trade. So you've assumed something absolutely wrong. The only way we decide to stay is through another vote. That's democratic. If remain wins, then the British people have decided against carrying on with Brexit democratically. And Brexiteers will have to put up with that. You can't lose faith in democracy by exercising democracy.
2018-12-18 22:58
>One of the reasons people voted out was to regain control of our money, but it's going to make us poorer! how on earth is that a surprise, of course you will lose out if you leave the EU, you give up your vote, but you cant magically move your island to the caribbean or whatever.
2018-12-18 13:28
I know. That's what's stupid about that argument. That's what people didn't understand in the first referendum, especially when liars like farage suggested we'd suddenly have this huge amount of money to not pay to the EU Of course he didn't mention all the investment the EU puts back into our country.
2018-12-18 13:51
 | 
Germany Zockertropey 
Wants new vote after he realized that the deal is bad
2018-12-18 14:23
No one knew what deal we'd have before the vote. that's the problem. It was a very flawed system.
2018-12-18 16:01
Do you think Ireland should be reunited again?
2018-12-18 15:57
I certainly think there shouldn't be a hard border between north and south. But I don't them becoming one again will happen, unless Ireland has an independence referendum like Scotland did and then something happens, like maybe they become their own country separate from the UK and then join the EU themselves.
2018-12-18 16:01
interesting... Tbh I dont see a need from them to be associated with the UK anymore the IRA will set them free
2018-12-18 16:02
The IRA is classified as a terrorist group.
2018-12-18 16:09
yes but why do they need to be ruled by the British? Ireland should be reunited !!!
2018-12-18 16:13
They don't need to, and they aren't a satellite state, either. They are a part of the United Kingdom.
2018-12-18 16:26
Politics lol
2018-12-18 16:17
Most of the time I feel the same way xd
2018-12-18 16:32
SS | 
Europe ApziIsKing 
The EU bureaucrats want UK out of the EU. Just before Brexit they announced that all turks will be given visa-free travel in Europe which swayed the Brexit vote. UK has been a bastion against European integration, now with UK gone they have a better chance to integrate EU.
2018-12-18 16:18
Sorry but that's a load of shit, of course the EU wants us. They give us a lot of things but our membership give a lot to them too, we give the money and we do a huge amount of trading with them. They've said repeatedly that they would welcome us back, and the European Court of Justice ruled that we could revoke Article 50 without consequence if we wanted to. They think we're fucking idiots for leaving.
2018-12-18 16:31
SS | 
Europe ApziIsKing 
"Behind this united front, there are different tendencies. A small minority positively wants Britain to leave the EU so that France, Germany and other core states can push ahead with making a federal union. Martin Selmayr, the secretary general of the European commission, is widely identified with this view." theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/1.. EU wants to create a unified Europe (one state) and the UK is against it
2018-12-18 16:43
For a start, it says a small minority. For a second, you definitely can not trust the guardian.
2018-12-18 16:47
ROFL EU POLITICS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BREXIT BTW L O L
2018-12-18 16:38
ROFL US POLITCS LMAO I KNOW HOW TO STOP SHOOTINGS JUST GIVE EVERYONE A GUN! MY PRESIDENT IS AN ORANGE MORON BTW L O L
2018-12-18 16:48
ROFL IMAGINE BEING SO DUMB YOU ACTUALLY GET BRAINWASHED BY MEDIA LIKE YOU
2018-12-18 16:49
ROFL EVERY SINGLE NEWS SOURCE THAT PUTS OUT AN OPINION I DON'T LIKE IS FAKE NEWS also I'm not brainwashed I read a variety of news sources with varying opinions to create my own opinion
2018-12-18 16:53
what news sources
2018-12-18 23:51
From the independent, who want another referendum, to the BBC who are kind of central to the express who are very right wing. That's not all though, I'm not naming every website I visit.
2018-12-19 00:15
 | 
Brazil ragemasterBR 
Trump way better than May dumb or Cameron idiot
2018-12-18 17:03
Hmmm No.
2018-12-18 17:08
yeha trump way better than any uk politician XD
2018-12-18 17:17
Hmmm No
2018-12-18 18:23
Dude go out of the EU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. With all the new laws being approved it's gonna be a shit hole in Europe when all those lazy poor bastards from second & 3rd world countries come here to take our well earned money in welfare.
2018-12-18 16:40
 | 
Europe deVulse 
+1
2018-12-18 17:04
expected
2018-12-18 17:05
 | 
Europe deVulse 
expected from npc
2018-12-18 17:08
 | 
Europe deVulse 
You're gonna loose some money at the beggining, but after some time you'll gain more than you'd before and over the course of the time you'll get much richer than before brexit. EU steals from UK, stop supporting it dude, it locked your country behind retarded laws and agreements now they try to brainwash average people like you into believing that leaving EU is bad, which it isnt. Laws and agreements will hurt you only at the beggining, and you wont really feel them that much. Stop reading/watching leftist media. 1-sided Totalitarian laws that EU locks all its memeber into wont prevent you from leaving, respect to UK leaders they actually know what they're doing.
2018-12-18 17:07
"Stop reading/watching leftist media." You're always saying this Tell me, which medias are not leftist to you ? Because ALL non-retard medias with actual journalists are leftist to you May's deal is objectively terrible anyway, stop thinking that going out of EU will save any country, you are so naive, you think that EU is responsible for every problem in Europe, but it won't get better just by disbanding it You're the kind of stupid guy who could say some shit like "We should have a third world ward, things will get better after that"
2018-12-18 17:13
stooped reading after leftist
2018-12-18 17:14
In Belgium all news outlets are left as fuck and it's a joke. My favorite part about lefties is when they finally get on TV before some shitty left news outlet and they get asked the question why they are here at the rally ? None of them have a fucking answer because most are just tree huggers with zero sense about how the world works.
2018-12-18 17:21
i hope brexit happens, im not british and when i finish studies in the uk i can move to a better country and live a much better life with one of the best degrees :) all brits who voted leave are super retarded and ignorant
2018-12-18 17:16
TL: DR When are you getting the fuck out?
2018-12-18 17:22
in your shoes i would not mind, your country is strong enough to "rebuild" after the bad deal,its not like you dont have industry and income. And who on earth would expect a good deal with eu ? leaving eu means instant fuck up
2018-12-18 17:31
vanity | 
United Kingdom camzh 
feel bad if you actually typed all this out
2018-12-18 18:25
This Brexit shit is a full blown popcorn fest for the rest of the world. Scam people to vote leave -> notice it fucks up the country -> blame EU. What a clusterfuck. Enjoy idiots.
2018-12-18 18:48
+1 exactly
2018-12-18 18:50
If there will be hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland it will be funny to watch "The Troubles" v2
2018-12-18 18:52
Yes it would be hilarious, you fucking imbecile, try living here during them
2018-12-18 18:59
I am already suffering from idiotism of your people as you want to leave EU. Don't worry, I studied Modern Britain so I know that IRA were cunts. But you can only blame yourself when it will happen, as you didn't do anything to stop that.
2018-12-18 19:16
Believe it or not the majority of NI voted to remain, however the result was the opposite i'll, live with it and move on. Saying it will be funny is obviously not what you intended, was a bad choice of words, admit that at least.
2018-12-18 19:18
 | 
United Kingdom alcaz4r 
lul no the good friday agreement was way too soft, this time we should death camp the fuck outta them
2018-12-19 00:52
And then what? Another one after that because one side isn't happy? A referendum was called, a vote took place, one side won the other should learn to accept it and help move forward instead of holding the UK back and damaging the deal
2018-12-18 18:58
Nobody said it'd be easy to leave. Did you really think that EU would've let you have a magical deal if you just asked nicely? Although you are clearly anti-brexit and have never supported this idea(always easier to be the guy who says "told you") Jacob Rees-Mogg didn't say a second referendum would be obligatory, did he? Having said that, he didn't trick Brexit voters. Apparently, May is doing exactly what people voted for, which brings us to the next point - people must take responsibility for their actions. Asking for a second referendum because you are upset is rather childish...
2018-12-18 19:30
 | 
United States _Twine22_ 
Yeah lets just always vote for no reason the first time... Seriously?
2018-12-18 19:29
ZywOo | 
Denmark rjdp 
It still baffles me that only 50% of votes were necessary. If an election such as yours were to happen in Denmark 2/3 would have to vote to leave for it to happen, since it's such a huge decision.
2018-12-18 19:41
EU Union and Brexit omegaLUL
2018-12-18 19:42
lol erdogan
2018-12-19 16:23
the whole leave campaign was fraudulent and shady, anyone who argues it would be undemocratic to have a revote, it was undemocratic for the leave campaign to be fraudulent illegal and lying to the british peopl
2018-12-18 21:32
And who is to blame if you vote for the things you don't entirely understand?
2018-12-19 00:21
hahaha remain are such delusional fags, EU won't give me good deal I want vote again that one didn't count XDDD
2018-12-18 23:47
You haven't read anything I said, try again. Wait don't bother, you won't take in the information anyway because you're as one sided as a sphere.
so I'm not one sided because spheres don't have sides :D
2018-12-19 00:56
When you're so petty that you just pick apart simple jokes lmao
2018-12-19 00:59
thought you weren't replying anymore ;)
2018-12-19 00:59
Never said that to you :)
2018-12-19 01:14
You said it to the whole thread, of which I am part of
2018-12-19 01:14
Ah Meant to say any new comments :) I can always make time for you baby <3
2018-12-19 01:18
 | 
United Kingdom alcaz4r 
its sets a precedent for a repeat of elections when some people dont get their way, to repeat this referendum would be catastrophic for the concept of democracy since if theres ever a general election you can just demand a repeat ever time you dont get the result you want since that what you did last time also ur a dumb libtard fag
2018-12-19 00:51
 | 
United Kingdom alcaz4r 
hahaha i did read what you said and explained to you why its bad for democracy, you cant understand it so you accuse me of not reading the question, its pretty clear that you dont want to change your mind and you came into this with nothing but the intention to stir shit, so just fuck off, people like you make actually politically curious people look like faggots when in reality most just dont understand some things, you choose not to.
2018-12-19 00:55
I've already explained why it isn't bad for democracy. I won't say it again other than this. Democracy is giving people a voice We do that through voting Democracy = voting So voting cannot be undemocratic. A second referendum cannot be undemocratic. Basic logic. It doesn't mean we just keep voting until we get what we want. I've already explained this. And it's a final say referendum. It won't happen again. FINAL say. And we CAN repeat general elections anyway. Labour could force one right now if they win a no confidence vote. A general election can be called any time, as Theresa May did when she lost her majority. And a general election only affects the next 5 years. Brexit will affect us for at least a hundred years. It's worth taking more time over. I may not have put everything in my original comment but you're obviously too late to the party anyway because I've already responded to similar points elsewhere on this post. I've pretty much heard everything here, don't bother trying anything else. Can't be fucked anyway.
2018-12-19 01:07
If we vote remain this time then it's the brexiteers that are being the moany bitches, we have both sides of the story this time, it's fairer.
2018-12-19 01:08
Not replying anymore, bored of this. Was fun though, even if some people actually can't understand English, but you know.
2018-12-19 00:53
 | 
United Kingdom alcaz4r 
yeah i guess it is wayy past your bedtime, probably best if you go to bed kiddo
2018-12-19 00:57
Wow just call me a kid even though you have no idea who I am, real smart.
2018-12-19 01:07
 | 
United Kingdom alcaz4r 
moron doesnt know shit about politics, thinks forcing referendums when he doesnt get the result he likes is democratic, yeah probably a kid, or nick clegg, not sure which is worse tbh
2018-12-19 01:08
If some magic deal appears that will actually benefit us, I'm all for it. But there isn't one. lol that part is amazing, like come on bro did UK really think EU would give them a good deal? EU is upset they leave ofcourse they are gonna give them the worst deal.
2018-12-19 16:26
forsaken | 
United Kingdom Yada 
You mean a losers' vote? We had a referendum in 2016 were you asleep? We voted leave and Parliament is full of remoaners who don't actually want to deliver Brexit that's why it is going so badly. Also, our government is a shambles and the opposition is an even bigger shambles, which doesn't bode well for the country. How, are you just going to defy the will of 17.4 million Brits who voted to leave this tyranny of the EU. Let me deconstruct your idiotic argument bit by bit. Polls are usually biased regardless of what one does to try and balance them, polls stated that we wouldn't leave the EU and we did so no factual information or analytical information can be conjured from polls. Firstly, I agree May's deal is bad, but you're not omniscient how would you know, of all people if a 'no deal' (which is just leaving on WTO terms) is 'bad.' You said us leaving on WTO terms is not what brexiteers voted for, now coming from a remoaner who is extremely biased how would you know what grounds brexiteers voted upon? I can assure you it had nothing to do with money or the economy. Leaving on WTO terms delivers everything that brexiteers wanted, returning sovereignty to Parliament; regaining control of our boarders; taking us out of the customs union and the common fisheries policy and not paying £350 million a week to the EU. I wouldn't trust the bank of England as far as I can throw them and here's why. Mark Carney is the governor of the BOE, Mark Carney is the man who famously predicted a rescission weeks after we voted to leave that was wrong, he is a 2nd tier Canadian political who has hit the job lottery. Also, the BOE were the same bank who failed to predict the 2008 recession, the biggest in 40 years. So, yes I don't trust the BOE. You mention Jacob Rees-Mogg whom has more intelligence in his pinky finger then you have in your whole body. Yes, he did say we should have a second referendum, but that was 7 years ago before we even knew we were going to have a referendum at all. Things transgress and now we know the only reason remoaners want a second referendum is to reverse the result and go against the will of 17.4 million Brits. It's undemocratic to keep giving a vote to the people of a country to try and get a desired outcome because the establishment doesn't like the answer they got from the people the first time around. What, if we vote Brexit again we have a 3rd, 4th, 5th vote until we vote remain, ludicrous. 'The misleading leave campaign' says the person who supported a remain campaign who got fined for lying. For bloody lying. How can you say 'everyone hates a no deal' in fact 99% of brexiteers want a no deal now as we can leave on WTO terms and trade with the EU the same way we trade with literally every other union/country. It's possible remaining in the EU will help our economy short term (however in the LRAS curve for our economy it shows we can surpass our current economic growth as of being in the EU) but you're missing the point people didn't vote Brexit to have a better economy I already told you why people voted Brexit and we did know what we were voting for and we didn't want to be controlled by a foreign power whom has unelected bureaucrats at the helm. Idiotic remoaner wants a losers' vote, ain't gonna happen mate.
2018-12-19 19:38
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.