Thread has been deleted
Last comment
WHY TOP 20 IS STUPID (S1mple vs Device)
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
To basically paraphrase from a reply I had in a previous post: The Top 20 Players really only ends up being an argument for who belongs where like a fucked up conga line. Most people only really matter about the Top 2 or 3 anyway. Things of this nature are opinion based only. There are facts and arguments for either side, but one person being #1 definitively is not a fact. It's again, an opinion. For example, s1mple vs device. This shit has been flying around. My personal opinion is that s1mple is hands down the best player this year and possibly the best EVER in CSGO. My argument is that the Top 20 Players is exactly what it says. PLAYERS. We are talking about the individual. So what goes into that? Achievements, Statistics, Consistency of Form. So when looking at things, s1mple has transcended being just a god at the game. He caused waves when he got the MVP for Starladder S4 since he lost that match. I believe in that grand final he had a 1.54 rating and everyone unanimously thought he deserved it. Before then, everyone really believed that the MVP should only go to someone on the winning team. S1mple broke that trend and allowed ISSAA to get an MVP as well even though he was on the losing team. S1mple had been on the second/third best team in the world this year. He has one other person alongside him (Electronic who is also within the top 4-5 in my opinion this year.) He got MVP at every single event his team won and one that his team lost. Device on the other hand is on the best team in the world right now. People are calling it the Astralis Era. He has gotten the most MVPs ever and the most MVPs this year. He has the most tournaments won this year and won the Grand Slam and second major this year. However, I don't believe that an MVP is an equal unit. One doesn't match the other. For instance, look at S1mple's SL S4 MVP I had mentioned before vs Device's IEM Chicago MVP. The IEM Chicago MVP is really mediocre and Device was shaky that tournament. He only really won it because his team won. And even then I don't agree that he was the one on his team who really deserved it. So what is the difference here? Device's personal achievements really stems from his team's achievements more than his own personal raw skill being the best. Device's consistency has been good, but he has also been consistently inferior to s1mple in terms of level. And statistics wise, he is worse than s1mple in rating. This is just my opinion and many people like to hate on opinions and say their own is the only one that matters and if you don't agree then you're an idiot. There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. MY problem is that HLTV could possibly be biased and thinks that just because they hand out the medal and display an article on their website that it means that it's SUPER official and now it can't be disputed. That is just wrong. HLTV picks things based off of opinion too. Sure they use statistics to argue and factor in those things aforementioned above and have their own system set up to decide things. But at the end of the day, they are not the end all be all of the conversation and argument. People like Thorin has his own top 20s list, users HERE have their own Top 20 lists. It's up to YOU to decide. Don't let the HLTV medal and article be the end all be all. TL;DR: The Top 20 Players is really an arbitrary thing that has a lot of opinion and bias that is easily incorporated into it. Most people only care about the Top 3 anyways. Opinions and arguments are supported by the facts you bring to the table. Statistics and provable achievements are viable evidence. Calling people stupid is not. HLTV is not the end all be all of the conversation. Just because they hand out the medal and write an article doesn't mean that it's undisputed and that someone is #1 and someone is #2. It's up to you to decide.
2019-01-01 13:03
To basically paraphrase from a reply I had in a previous post: The Top 20 Players really only ends up being an argument for who belongs where like a fucked up conga line. Most people only really matter about the Top 2 or 3 anyway. Things of this nature are opinion based only. There are facts and arguments for either side, but one person being #1 definitively is not a fact. It's again, an opinion. For example, s1mple vs device. This shit has been flying around. My personal opinion is that s1mple is hands down the best player this year and possibly the best EVER in CSGO. My argument is that the Top 20 Players is exactly what it says. PLAYERS. We are talking about the individual. So what goes into that? Achievements, Statistics, Consistency of Form. So when looking at things, s1mple has transcended being just a god at the game. He caused waves when he got the MVP for Starladder S4 since he lost that match. I believe in that grand final he had a 1.54 rating and everyone unanimously thought he deserved it. Before then, everyone really believed that the MVP should only go to someone on the winning team. S1mple broke that trend and allowed ISSAA to get an MVP as well even though he was on the losing team. S1mple had been on the second/third best team in the world this year. He has one other person alongside him (Electronic who is also within the top 4-5 in my opinion this year.) He got MVP at every single event his team won and one that his team lost. Device on the other hand is on the best team in the world right now. People are calling it the Astralis Era. He has gotten the most MVPs ever and the most MVPs this year. He has the most tournaments won this year and won the Grand Slam and second major this year. However, I don't believe that an MVP is an equal unit. One doesn't match the other. For instance, look at S1mple's SL S4 MVP I had mentioned before vs Device's IEM Chicago MVP. The IEM Chicago MVP is really mediocre and Device was shaky that tournament. He only really won it because his team won. And even then I don't agree that he was the one on his team who really deserved it. So what is the difference here? Device's personal achievements really stems from his team's achievements more than his own personal raw skill being the best. Device's consistency has been good, but he has also been consistently inferior to s1mple in terms of level. And statistics wise, he is worse than s1mple in rating. This is just my opinion and many people like to hate on opinions and say their own is the only one that matters and if you don't agree then you're an idiot. There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. MY problem is that HLTV could possibly be biased and thinks that just because they hand out the medal and display an article on their website that it means that it's SUPER official and now it can't be disputed. That is just wrong. HLTV picks things based off of opinion too. Sure they use statistics to argue and factor in those things aforementioned above and have their own system set up to decide things. But at the end of the day, they are not the end all be all of the conversation and argument. People like Thorin has his own top 20s list, users HERE have their own Top 20 lists. It's up to YOU to decide. Don't let the HLTV medal and article be the end all be all. TL;DR: The Top 20 Players is really an arbitrary thing that has a lot of opinion and bias that is easily incorporated into it. Most people only care about the Top 3 anyways. Opinions and arguments are supported by the facts you bring to the table. Statistics and provable achievements are viable evidence. Calling people stupid is not. HLTV is not the end all be all of the conversation. Just because they hand out the medal and write an article doesn't mean that it's undisputed and that someone is #1 and someone is #2. It's up to you to decide.
2019-01-01 13:10
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
Agree, whoever wrote all of that is a genius and totally didn't drink too much.
2019-01-01 13:11
+1
2019-01-01 13:13
device fanboys INCOMING
2019-01-01 13:11
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
Protect me NA brother, the danes are coming!
2019-01-01 13:12
 | 
Belgium i_am_alexa 
s1mple won 2 mvps where his team lost, including one where astralis won LUL
2019-01-01 13:12
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
What was the other one, I drank a bit so I didn't really get all of my facts right. What was the other tournament?
2019-01-01 13:13
 | 
Belgium i_am_alexa 
SL4 (vs Mouz) and DH Marseille (vs Astralis) Also, Tgwr1s said each time s1mple got an MVP, he was so far above others that he didn't even hesitate, while device had several close MVP races (with his teammates) I really doubt HLTV will dare putting device 1st, considering the unbelievable stats of s1mple this year
2019-01-01 13:14
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
I have a feeling that there may be a bit of bias if device does get 1st. But I don't really dig arguing the favoritism angle since it's really hard to prove. But the site is Danish. Who knows. Also perhaps a fear of getting backlash by device and Astralis fans? Although if device is picked then there will be backlash by s1mple and NaVi fans.
2019-01-01 13:17
 | 
Belgium i_am_alexa 
Yeah, the only possible reason for device to be 1st is a bias imo, even if I find device's style interesting and very positive for Astralis' dominance, s1mple was just unbelievable in 2018. The thing is, stats say s1mple, analysts say s1mple, most people say s1mple, there hasn't been a single list with s1mple not being first on every other website, but only time will tell.
2019-01-01 13:20
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
Oh DHM Marseille where he absolutely fucking dominated. You're right!
 | 
Belgium i_am_alexa 
yes, >1.5 rating just wtf
8/8
2019-01-01 13:19
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
Thanks m8. It feels bad that Kenny's fun fact on that infographic just posted today about being in all top 20s so far will now be untrue... Poor guy wasn't integrated well enough in Ex6tenz's system and ended up being shackled for all of this year.
2019-01-01 13:20
That's life mate..
2019-01-01 13:39
TLDR
2019-01-01 13:21
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
At the bottom brother
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
TL;DR: The Top 20 Players is really an arbitrary thing that has a lot of opinion and bias that is easily incorporated into it. Most people only care about the Top 3 anyways. Opinions and arguments are supported by the facts you bring to the table. Statistics and provable achievements are viable evidence. Calling people stupid is not. HLTV is not the end all be all of the conversation. Just because they hand out the medal and write an article doesn't mean that it's undisputed and that someone is #1 and someone is #2. It's up to you to decide.
So basically you change the subject and keep crying that GODEV1CE will be better than p2mple, and because of this top 20 is stupid? Lol
2019-01-01 13:25
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
This whole post is basically catered towards people like you. Thanks for the bait, but the verbal equivalent of bread on a hook ain't good enough m8.
2019-01-01 13:26
It was actually a opinion, and you have to respect and accept it. In fact, everything you say besides being a S1mple fanboy is right in this thread.
2019-01-01 13:28
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
Never said that I didn't respect your opinion, but I also said that baiting, calling someone stupid for their own opinion and lack of any argumentative fact isn't proof to support your opinion.
2019-01-01 13:30
Lmao, I didn’t baited anyone, but you clearly confessed that this whole thread is a bait for people that believe in dev1ce being top. I clearly never said that you’re stupid because of your opinion, something that you're clearly doing, by saying that my opinion is inferior to yours by lack of a proper development of my arguments, but ignore that I stated than most of your thread is right, In my opinion, to just end the discussion, which you start again with a pointless hate.
2019-01-01 13:35
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
At the end of the day, I was posting my own opinion. I don't hate on yours and you haven't hated mine. I don't care who gets #1 and #2 honestly. Besides the love of the game and scene, it doesn't impact me. It's important to dev1ce and s1mple, but at the end of the day, I ain't them and they don't give a shit about me lmao. It's all for fun and discussion.
2019-01-01 13:37
Happy new year, m8.
2019-01-01 13:38
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
You too buddy
2019-01-01 13:41
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
BUMP
2019-01-01 13:34
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
B U M P
2019-01-01 21:24
blacK | 
Namibia Toonga 
Naah. I think dosia is number 1.
2019-01-01 13:45
Nice thread Bump
2019-01-01 13:59
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
RELEVANT BUMP
2019-01-20 17:06
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.