Thread has been deleted
Last comment
s1mple v device [COME]
bottle | 
Bulgaria VeryHAWTGuy! 
For all of you guys that say that s1mple is gonna be #1, you are actually really wrong. Let's talk about the past few years #1, #2 . In 2017 NiKo had an excellent year in my opinon with great overall performance on big events and so on. That year he won 4 events with FaZe and ahieved good things with them. coldzera had almost the same ratings throgh the year, but won more events (8 double than the NiKo's 4) with SK back in the day (2017). Ok, I was huge fan of NiKo and I still am, if I HAD TO CHOOSE I would have picked him, because I liked him more than cold, but at the end the player with the more won tournaments/events won and it is kinda legit if you ask me even tough NiKo was great too. 2016- Luminosity/ SK had a great year winning overall 4 events and also coming from nowhere in the CS:GO scene. 2 of them were majors and if you gys remember both #1 and #2, coldzera and FalleN respetively had an exceptional year (coldzera was a little bit better, I mean FalleN is the IGL so it is obvious), but they were both great so that's it #2 and #1. #3 was device who was playing great, but didn't win that much that year only winning 1 event with Astralis, getting 3,4 place at one major and also 1/4 at the other. #4 was s1mple and #5 Snax who both had a great year in terms of individual performances, but at the end didn't have that much good placnings in 2016. It is this, which is the truth if you ask me, so that's why device deserves to be first this year. I mean s1mple deserves it too, but not that much if you ask me. Now for a second let's say that S1MPLE WILL BE #1: OK! And what? Is he going to do something notable this year at least? Will it matter at the end? Astralis are going to keep on winning that year and maybe the following too and what is s1mple going to do with hs #1? So that's what I wanted to say, I hope device will be firsta, but I won't cry if he isn't, it is just that I believe that you should win to be first and that's it guys. Please tell me your oppinions guys below!
2019-01-20 16:54
 | 
Israel unsolid 
I didn't read this but device #1
2019-01-20 16:55
In short I wanted to say that every year wins a player that won a lot of tournaments and not only putting on good stats just like s1mple an not winning that much! dev1ce 1 :)
2019-01-20 16:57
 | 
Israel unsolid 
But this year the top 20 is blatant trusted on stats and numbers, and s1mple has like a .10 higher rating than device not mentioning the other stats where s1mple has higher % + he has only one less MVP than s1mple so should be obvious.
2019-01-20 16:59
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
2019-01-20 20:13
 | 
Israel unsolid 
Read #11, i knew s1mple was gonna get it. Dumbo ;)
2019-01-20 20:28
But cold still had a higher rating
2019-01-20 16:56
Yes he did, but just a little bit better than NiKo and still won double the events of NiKo, so that makes a lot of sense cold to be first!
2019-01-20 16:58
tldr: s1mple, dev2ce
2019-01-20 16:56
Dev1ce is gonna be number one for sure.
2019-01-20 16:57
 | 
Bosnia and Herzegovina kick_pita_ffs 
s1mple, dev2ce
2019-01-20 16:58
Whatever you say, don't hate s1mple or anything, I just expreced my oppinion!
 | 
Asia Faaaader 
dude, dev1ce s2mple
2019-01-20 18:58
 | 
Poland wiktorex 
? your logic says s1 is top1 s1mple deserve it way more than ecovice
Actually I have seen matches of Na'Vi where all of NaVi die when they are on CT side and s1mple just getting a few kills and still lose the round just cause he is 1 vs 5
2019-01-20 17:00
 | 
> seen few rounds > calls s1mple exit fragger gggg
2019-01-20 17:02
I hinestly think that s1mple had more of these rounds and there are reasons for it. NaVi's four other players are not that good right now (except electronic, but he is still not that experienced) and they die on CT and s1mple just has to save AWP and just kill a few guys with it who are hunting him.
2019-01-20 17:07
 | 
Belgium YoGatesKevin 
Just another proof you are deluded dev2ce gloryhunter. Stop trying.
2019-01-20 17:14
This proves you know nothing. 0/8
2019-01-20 18:55
i dont know why so many people think s1mple will be number 1 device has more mvp's and has won more this year s1mple is a better player when it comes to skill but the list isnt about that
 | 
that makes this list irrelevant :D
f0rest | 
United Kingdom maxa_ 
device stole mvps from drupreeh
2019-01-20 17:29
Twistzz | 
United States A2^_^ 
if device does get #1 its because of HLTV bias.
 | 
hltv founder is danish...so yeaaaaaaah
2019-01-20 17:01
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
Top 20 Players implies individual skill. Device has consistently been below s1mple. The only reason he would be in contention is because of achievements, but those are as a whole team. Device did not carry Astralis. He was a part of the best team in the world. Imo he should have been 3rd or 4th. Electronic and NiKo have been better individuals than him.
 | 
that makes this hltv top20 list dumb and irrelevant af :D
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
I made a post on this exact point, it's HLTV's list. It's not the end all be all. Your own opinion is what matters. HLTV acts like their shit is super official when it's their own rankings with their own judgment and criteria. Mine differs, yours may differ from both. Some may agree and some may not.
2019-01-20 17:03
 | 
The problem is that even device fans know that s1mple is better when it comes to raw skill and aim...so yeah
 | 
United States ELPRESADOR 
Fans will be fans. Loyalty is good. Blind loyalty is bad.
you are actually right, if s1mple get first place i will be really surprised, even tho s1mple being way better than dev1ce
 | 
Ukraine 1mba 
Bro , really? 1.34 vs 1.25 rating 2.0 ! Same mwp awards ! S1 top 1!
 | 
Other flynttt 
its just a matter of opnion at this point we already discussed a lot about this (besides the fact that s1mple fanboys cant see our points) if rating and highlights is what makes you the #1 csgo player of the world yeah s1mple #1 if contribuing to your team winning tournaments make your the #1 csgo player of the world yeah device #1
 | 
Belgium YoGatesKevin 
Ratings and highlights? Lmao. This list is an individual players list, not best teams of 2018. Get a clue, deluded s1mple hater :) s1mple dev2ce
2019-01-20 17:16
 | 
Other flynttt 
how can i be a s1mple hater recognizing that he is the best skillwise player of the world? is just my opnion that the best player of the world =/= the most skilled player of the world deluled s1mple fanboy :)
2019-01-20 17:18
 | 
Belgium YoGatesKevin 
Shit opinion tbh, dev2ce dickrider :)
2019-01-20 17:20
Dev1ce is great. He is oftentimes seen by many as the best on Astralis, however, I think him and dupreeh are just the same skillwise and impactwise. They both certainly deserve a solid spot in the top 5! When we move into the decision of who the best player in the world is, questions arise. Let's move over to football for a moment to compare what we're witnessing here. Modric won this years ballon d'or, which achievementwise is justifiable. But the price is supposed to be handed out to the BEST PLAYER OF THE YEAR which in my not so proffessional opinion should undoubtebly go to either Messi or Ronaldo. I can easily draw comparisons from football to the csgo scene. Dev1ce being ''Modric'' while S1mple and Niko being Messi and Ronaldo. So based on achievements this year Dev1ce could be a worthy winner even though I think the price should be handed out to the best individually skilled player in the esport which in eyes is S1mple! S1mple is Messi - Dev1ce is Modric. I pick S1mple ;)
s1mple can't be Messi just beacuse Messi wins most of the times and s1mple does not.
2019-01-20 17:11
Messi started being the best somewhere, right? ;)
2019-01-20 17:27
f0rest | 
United Kingdom maxa_ 
u know nothing about football, as Modric got the golden ball, cause he was in fact the best and most impactful player of the year. He did not win anymore than Ronaldo did, but still got the golden ball
2019-01-20 17:39
Alright Einstein. I disagree. Both Messi (especially) and CR7 were superior to Modric throughout 2018. I do respect your opinion though.
2019-01-20 17:43
f0rest | 
United Kingdom maxa_ 
Then you know nothing about football. Ronaldo is just a finisher, just a really good one. He scores most of the goals, but he is not the one who wins the games. Modric was making whole game for RM, starting the attacks and giving these assists to the "great" Ronaldo. That last season was one of the worst for Messi, complete disaster at World Cup and Champions League. There was no way he could have been the number one this year. While s1mple was won atleast one tournament almost just by himself (starseries) and got 2 mpvs from finals he LOST. Device got that many MVPs just cause his teammates are good enough to get into finals constantly and some of the he did not even deserve.
2019-01-20 17:59
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are better players than Luka Modric. Modric had a great season. I've never been a fan of CR7. But if you wanna talk about ingame impact, I still think Cristiano Ronaldo is more important for a team than Modric. Just look at Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Say whatever you want but ever since Ronaldo left Real they haven't been anywhere close to any kind of threat to Barcelona. Sure, Modric had a great last season, year, whatever your football Einstein brain wishes to say. Messi should have won the ballon d'or for being the best player in the world 2018 and Ronaldo should've been the second. Ask 90% of the world's football fans. Ask Felipe Luis (Left-back at Atletico Madrid) amongst a bunch of other proffessional footballers. You seem to think I'm some sort of crazy dude with 0 knowledge when it comes to football even though I'm quite literally sharing the same opinion as the majority of the people involved in footboll all over the world. I watch Barcelona almost every game, a fair share of PSG games and a lot of premier league fixtures. I followed the world cup. Your turn
2019-01-20 18:15
f0rest | 
United Kingdom maxa_ 
Not only Ronaldo has left, but so did Zidane and I believe that is the reason why Real Madrid is so bad in our days. New coaches are not good enough for a such level team like RM is. Transfers that were made are just shocking, so thats exactly them who destroyed this season for RM. A lot of Ronaldos goals are really really questionable, a lot are penalties. For sure, he is a great player and maybe the greatest finisher of our time, but thats the easiest role in football, just like awper in CS. They get a lot of hype, but every other member of team could do that role, maybe not as good but still. Messi just was not good as previous years, he did nothing in Champions League and specially on WC, while modric carried his team forward in both CL and WC. Modric had the most impact on his teams results and thats why he is the best of the year.
2019-01-20 18:42
Messi had a good season. They had 1 fluke game against Roma in the CL where Messi went completely absent which is extremely rare. Up until that happened Messi already managed to score 6 times. He easily outscored both CR7 and Griezmann in the league. Had double the assists of Modric. Was without a doubt the most important player in the league success for Barcelona. They won Copa Del Rey after beating a well performing Sevilla 5-0 in the final. Now, let's move on to the World Cup. The management of Argentina has obviously not been good by any means the last couple of years. So since the coach role in your opinion seems to be absolutely crucial in the success to a team (which I don't disagree with) the failure in the world cup should be put onto the shoulders of the coach and management. The only tournament where Modric was more successful and outstanding than Messi or Ronaldo was the world cup. Overall, he had a good year. But simply saying a great world cup and a decent champions league result (carried by Ronaldo) is enough to rub off the likes of Messi and Ronaldo is comical. I came into this discussion assuming you were one of the more deeply engaged footballfans but the more you say the more I realize you may just be the shallow dude reading the frontside of the football news magazine unable of forming an own opinion. Prove me wrong
2019-01-20 19:14
f0rest | 
United Kingdom maxa_ 
thats just hilarious... First of all, everyone knows that coaches in argentina got no auhority, everything is done as Messi says (even him and Mascherano were choosing the first eleven few times), so the only one who can be blamed for Argentina being so bad is Messi. Icardi is one of their very best attackers, but instead of hime, they picked Higuin who is absolute trash. If u would be into footbal u would know the real reason why Icardi is not in the squad... In CL, Messi also did nothing against a such great opponent as Roma, he just prooved he is trash against everyone except tier 4 Spanish teams. Secondly, remind me, at what exactly match did Ronaldo carry RM in this seasons CL? Maybe final where he did not score or assist, being almost usefull for Real as Karius was for Liverpool. He did not score at all in semis aswell... So when excalty was that moment when Ronaldo carried his team? At the same time, Modric was doing all the dirty job, without dropping down, always staying on top and making a minimum of mistakes. Modric was making all the attacks in RM, while Ronaldo and others just had to make a slight touch in the direction of goals. Thats are the reasons why I do believe in Modric deserved top 1 of 2018.
2019-01-20 19:30
''thats just hilarious... First of all, everyone knows that coaches in argentina got no auhority, everything is done as Messi says (even him and Mascherano were choosing the first eleven few times)'' - maxa I was right! You are the newspaper boy. You're literally saying everyone should ''know'' something that is nothing more than a rumor hanging around 1 week before world cup started. And even if the rumors were true, it's the coach's job to decide the starting eleven. If he didn't, then it's the managements fault, not Messi och Mascheranos. Hell, you're even contradicting your own saying. If you've actually been watching football for more than 5 years which you don't really seem to have solely based on your replies then you should be well aware that Higuain has been one of the world's most clinical strikers just a few years ago. I'm not saying he deserved to be put ahead of young Mauro Icardi or maybe he did. Certainly not for you to decide. If you actually do decide to read a sentence or two of my former texts just above (if you manage to find them) I did mention that Messi had a bad game against Roma the second game. Or to rephrase it properly, the whole of Barcelona FC did. I can see how you're biased towards Modric. He's nowhere near a perfect midfielder. He lacks physicality, top speed, consistent tackling and a great shot. And just stop hating on goalscorers, CR7 scored 15 in total in CL, constantly existing as an aerial threat up top. (''Modric was making all the attacks in RM, while Ronaldo and others just had to make a slight touch in the direction of goals.'' ) No, he didn't. He had an important role in a lot of the goals. Just like a CAM/ offensive centermid should. Modric was very good in CL, but CR7 was more important. Try putting Benzema up top with Modric behind. Or let's put Isco right behind CR7. I reckon the Isco/ CR7 combo would result in way more wins let alone goals.
2019-01-20 19:57
Happy | 
Germany NatsuS 
Germany won world cup 2014 and no one was nearly top 1. So just stop such compares
2019-01-20 17:44
Excellent point! I don't know if you've even read what I wrote cuz you're pretty much just adding to what I initially said.
2019-01-20 17:47
Its a player list, not a team one.
2019-01-20 17:05
Then where is the award for best team or best player from the best team?
2019-01-20 17:12
It's award of the best player of 2018. For sure elite tier1 player. Both S1mple and device are tier1 elite players, and S1mple is by far better (proven by stats and performances on highest level). And don't talk about those plastic MVPs for device, when Astralis won events. He was not even best in his own team sometimes. Not even talking about "best of event".
2019-01-20 17:14
tl;dr 1. S1mple 2. device
2019-01-20 17:13
 | 
Bosnia and Herzegovina ajdinSHO 
we are choosing or rather HLTV is the best PLAYER in 2018. So, by that logic, s1mple had a better year invidually. Higher ratings in all aspects, devve has only one more MVP, but if we take into consideration the year astralis had and the year navi had, thats also in simple's favor, cuz lets face it, navi cant do shit without s1 and elec being on fire, and even then they need either one of the remaining guys to step it up a bit. Playing for Astralis and winning more should not matter,cuz the level astralis was that year was a level above everyone else, so winning more as a part of that team shouldnt be a key factor. s1mple was a beast this year and hopefully will be years to come. s1mple is my number 1 for this year, and hopefully hltv will do the right choice, same way modric won the ballon d'or, he had a better year with his teams, but no fucking way he deserved that, cuz messi is uncomparable to anyone(small comparison) I rest my case.
2019-01-20 17:54
 | 
Russia neologin 
If krimz is #9(stats) and xyp9x is #13(wins) - s1mple is #1, device is #2.
2019-01-20 17:57
Yeah, but Xyp9x wasn't as good as device firstly and secondly KRIMZ was overall great over the year on almost all of his tournaments and also won 2 events with Golden leading (Lekr0 too). Hope device will be #1. Better player (last 2 years top 3, now top 2 or top 1), better personality, major winner, c'mon bro,....!!!
2019-01-20 18:10
 | 
Poland Gapikx 
2 hours and we'll see ;)
2019-01-20 18:17
For all of you guys that say that s1mple is gonna be #1, you are actually really wrong. Let's talk about the past few years #1, #2 . In 2017 NiKo had an excellent year in my opinon with great overall performance on big events and so on. That year he won 4 events with FaZe and ahieved good things with them. coldzera had almost the same ratings throgh the year, but won more events (8 double than the NiKo's 4) with SK back in the day (2017). Ok, I was huge fan of NiKo and I still am, if I HAD TO CHOOSE I would have picked him, because I liked him more than cold, but at the end the player with the more won tournaments/events won and it is kinda legit if you ask me even tough NiKo was great too. 2016- Luminosity/ SK had a great year winning overall 4 events and also coming from nowhere in the CS:GO scene. 2 of them were majors and if you gys remember both #1 and #2, coldzera and FalleN respetively had an exceptional year (coldzera was a little bit better, I mean FalleN is the IGL so it is obvious), but they were both great so that's it #2 and #1. #3 was device who was playing great, but didn't win that much that year only winning 1 event with Astralis, getting 3,4 place at one major and also 1/4 at the other. #4 was s1mple and #5 Snax who both had a great year in terms of individual performances, but at the end didn't have that much good placnings in 2016. It is this, which is the truth if you ask me, so that's why device deserves to be first this year. I mean s1mple deserves it too, but not that much if you ask me. Now for a second let's say that S1MPLE WILL BE #1: OK! And what? Is he going to do something notable this year at least? Will it matter at the end? Astralis are going to keep on winning that year and maybe the following too and what is s1mple going to do with hs #1? So that's what I wanted to say, I hope device will be firsta, but I won't cry if he isn't, it is just that I believe that you should win to be first and that's it guys. Please tell me your oppinions guys below!
2019-01-20 18:42
If Niko had 1.34 rating in 2017 he would have been top1 for sure
2019-01-20 18:48
Belarus SLab 
do we choose best player in the world or best player in best team in the world?
2019-01-20 18:51
 | 
Russia Vasy111 
s1mple is first player ,who win the MVP without title
2019-01-20 19:33
 | 
Poland Gapikx 
S1mple #1 that huge explanation just went out the window lol
2019-01-20 20:12
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.