Thread has been deleted
Last comment
why you follow religion?
Other discoroboto 
to the religious ppl out there, why do u follow ur religion? just live ur life and don't be held back by a deity that requires u to grow long beards, starve urself, and slice off animal heads
2019-01-24 05:37
I think theres a special force idk where that makes some kinda of karma happens
2019-01-24 05:44
I believe the universe is a living organism and karma is apart of its nature. It isn’t consistent with good always directly equaling good.
2019-01-24 08:00
Finland em8 
lmao nice theory
2019-01-24 08:18
thats why you don't do drugs
2019-01-24 11:23
My favorite part of this world is that no one knows why we’re here or how we got here. And we are all free to believe whatever we want. I’m not saying it’s true I’m just saying based on my exp’s that’s what I’ve noticed
2019-01-24 16:52
swag | 
Sweden Pepega 
stawars force ?
2019-01-24 14:47
device | 
Denmark fedesvin 
what the fuck is so special about zamzam water? its basically just tap water.
2019-01-24 05:56
Fiji
2019-01-24 08:39
No no no when you dedicate special meanings to the stuffs, things, that feels you confidence more than ever you had been, try for anything
2019-01-24 08:45
Name checks out
2019-01-24 09:25
what do you mean
2019-01-24 09:26
 | 
India otgps 
God gives me strength to go through the day. To face my demons and to live a righteous life.
2019-01-24 05:58
device | 
Denmark fedesvin 
does he allow u to eat bbq pulled pork sliders?
2019-01-24 06:17
 | 
India otgps 
Yes. But he also gives me compassion to feel the pain of the animal that was slaughtered. My god says do as I please but asks me to spare a thought for the ones I affect.
2019-01-24 06:30
ahh it makes sense now. so in order to stimulate compassion, you need to make the animal squeal in pain. it all makes sense now, thanks!
2019-01-24 06:39
 | 
India otgps 
So much potential yet so little hope
2019-01-24 07:46
Good reads. Gj not overreacting
2019-01-24 16:53
 | 
India otgps 
Thanks Mr Nice man Canada
2019-01-24 16:56
Colorado USA. Idk why my flag is half Canada. Not mad I fw canada.
2019-01-24 20:17
 | 
India otgps 
You live in mile high county?
2019-01-24 20:41
Nah I’m west side bout 40 miles from Utah
2019-01-24 23:55
i'd rather have no hope than be given false hope
2019-01-24 17:54
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
I have the same feelings towards animal cruelty, Its not God, its just my cognition and spiritual maturity that makes me realize whats is right from wrong. I dont need religion, I think less spiritually evolved people rely on images, scriptures and faith to help them carry on with their life, the souls that are more evolved are not attached to any religious traditions or cultural believes. We are all devine at some point, and religion just hold us back from evolving moraly and spirituality. Let go off attachments. Be a free spirit
2019-01-24 06:58
 | 
India otgps 
Brother I don't eat meat. I get peer pressured into trying it. Either I have to lecture everyone in the group for 45 minutes why I don't support animals dying and the cruel meat industry and paint all meat eaters as evil or I can say I can't eat due to religion, the conversation ends and I take responsibility for my own while hoping god cleanses their mind of the vices. Religion is an external shield. On the inside, its just my own morals through great God's strength
2019-01-24 07:49
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
Good for you, I was vegetariam form 8 months, then I kind of let go little by little. If its that what your religion implies to you since the day you were born its easier than someone who ate meat since the first days to became vegetariam later on in life. I admire your strength. Induism is one religion that I have a lot of respect. There are some good stuff about it
2019-01-24 08:01
 | 
India otgps 
No one in family ever ate meat so being a vegetarian is pretty much given for me. Also the beauty of Hinduism is in that it believes in misguided folks. It lays out a path and says follow it with sacrifice and be a good human being or break every rule and become an evil man. Its all upto you. Most religions behave like a code while hinduism is more like guidelines. Our god says, follow my path and I will take care of you or don't follow my path and I'll avert my eyes from you. Its all upto the man in question if he wants to feel one with god or succumb to vices.
2019-01-24 08:10
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
Your god is not a tyrant like the bearded one 😂
2019-01-24 08:13
 | 
India otgps 
Our god is a half human half monkey demigod who misused his powers as a kid so his teacher bitch-slapped made him forget his powers and then they could only be used for the service of others after most of the life has been dedicated to living alone and sedantry so as to cause no harm if hormones take over. He himself could gain nothing from it and he had to dedicate himself to serving someone else at all times. When his job was done, he was dedicated to never dying and forever roaming the earth to search for someone who was kind, righteous and just and be of service to them. That's the beauty of polytheistic religions. You can find a god to follow who stayed celibate all his life and was in eternal service to everyone and never gained anything for himself or you can find a god who owns a harem, scams poor folks for his lavish lifestyle and stands up to nothing and is absolutely corrupt to the bone. Polytheistic religions allow for the user to follow purest communism to purest capitalism and still remain in touch with God while with monotheistic ones, its an old dude and his words and no way to choose or pick what you like.
2019-01-24 08:29
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
Its very interesting, but very unreal if you take to the literal way. But Im sure it has a lot of lessons to tell
2019-01-24 08:59
 | 
India otgps 
That's what hinduism is all about moderation. God says fast for 9 days. We argue kids can't do it. God says okay, fast as much as you want to. Middle age people say but fasting is difficult. God says, feast on fast days but use the grains you don't eat daily like cornflour in place of wheatflour ad rice and shit. We are all about welcoming change and giving things a chance. God says celibacy is the way to go but your job is to have kids. Their are going to be fanatics who can remain true to god and be celibate but raising a good family is the best way to pay him back. In polytheistic religions bro, there is no god. there's just differing schools of life thoughts associated with each community. For trader community, rules say make money but no scam. For educators, it says spread knowledge first and worry about riches later. For warriors it says, do what has to be done and follow the lead as good as you can. To king, it says make sure education is kept free and educators are compensated while trader is taxed fairly in as much to keep the military strong but keep vices away
2019-01-24 09:42
how many gods do you have?
2019-01-24 14:49
 | 
India otgps 
About 330 million.
2019-01-24 16:56
You pray to olive them?
2019-01-24 23:56
 | 
India otgps 
Nah. You majorly pray to 2 gods. Then there's occasion for third & fourth every week. Before you do any major prayings, you pray to a fifth god. Usually once a year, there's about 20 other gods that are prayed to. It is encouraged to pray to elemental gods once every day. Its cool though. Last time I went to a temple was back in 2017. God says keep me in heart and mind. No need to pray if you follow a good path. Pray a fuck lot if you're bad though so God can maybe guide you to a good life
2019-01-25 07:54
 | 
Ukraine EarthAintFlat 
So you basically described Muslims, why do you call to religious people then? Generalizing ain't okay.
2019-01-24 06:20
So Christians are not following their religion. Hindu and Bhudists are not following their religion? I don't think he is the guy generalising.
2019-01-24 11:27
 | 
Ukraine EarthAintFlat 
> slice off animal heads > Christianity pick one
2019-01-24 12:13
Can you elaborate pls, I see no sense in your comment. My bad?
2019-01-24 12:18
 | 
Ukraine EarthAintFlat 
2019-01-24 12:20
You can be Christian and remove heads from animals m8
2019-01-24 23:57
no, you can't
2019-01-25 06:22
why did u assume i was describing muslims? do u have something against them? at least i'm not trying to single out a religion
2019-01-24 21:50
Oh but aren't you? Growing a beard? Fasting? beheading animals? Primary traits of Islam my guy.
2019-01-25 08:00
One guy says I'm generalizing, another says I'm specifying
2019-01-25 10:08
You're not generalizing. You're kind of painting a picture of the religion itself. Don't trust ukrainian english lmao.
2019-01-25 10:18
If i am having an bad time i can always count on Jesus to give me some hope
2019-01-24 06:37
Your life must really be just one big bad time then
2019-01-24 06:39
Umm no
2019-01-24 06:41
Now while I'm not a religious person this is a barbaric take on it. I'd rather ask why they can have faith in a religion after all that governments and the cerntralized religious orginizations themselves have used and abused their powers before to manipulate people and crowds for their own gain. or How can you believe and have so much faith in an entity which you've never even seen or had very much solid proof of?
2019-01-24 06:43
BnTeT | 
Indonesia wkwk 
well first off, nothing barbaric about your opinion second, it's not hard to differentiate those who use it to take advantage of others and lastly, i don't know, but i'm appreciative of the discipline it instills within me since it's kept me out of trouble. for example, i know some friends who started following a religion as a way to recover from their drug habits.
2019-01-24 06:55
That's the kind of religious person I respect. Being agnostic myself I'm really not opposed to the idea of religion and feel like it does instill good morales for people, but that I cannot personally keep that faith and don't want to assosciate myself with any religion. Good on you for being a cool person bro.
2019-01-24 13:29
Isn't the whole point to have faith or something? If you did have solid proof, like everyone saw god, then they would all be trying to be the best humans they could be. There wouldn't be a "test" or something about your decisions. Something along those lines. I think that's why you have some people with weak or no faith in God to people that completely have faith in God.
2019-01-24 08:50
That's even more confusing. If God is a perfect being and God created us why would be make all of us suffer instead of being happy. Why would he want to test us on anything, why would he screw us over and have no power over sin. It just isn't something I can have faith in.
2019-01-24 13:32
 | 
United States BLNDSPT 
read my reply then come back to this. adding onto it though, pain makes us stronger and teaches us valuable life lessons, not just about God but also about life in general
2019-01-24 16:09
Yes, pain does help people grow and things like failure are the only reason to mature. I can agree to this as it took me a long time to realize those things as well. For me religion has always tried to control me and the way that I think which is just not okay in my book. I've never gained from religion no matter how 'devoted' I was (I was a devoted person at one point in time, unlike others who swapped away from religion because they just don't like it) For me it provided little benefit except extra toil which actually ruined me more as a person until I was able to move away from it. The question for me still remains why would such a god create creatures with the power to make them live happily, only to make them suffer in torment. Regardless of if it helps us grow it is a cruel thing to do in my eyes.
2019-01-24 16:20
i never cared about religion. i was born to hate not to love. i was given a nazi name - otto. at my bed time my father used to tell me how stupid the soviets were and how much he hated them. he was my role model. i was never given any love - just HATE.
2019-01-24 06:59
cyx | 
Germany Shadyy89 
Nazi Name Otto wtf. The Nazis did not come up with the Name Otto. It is a name with German heritage but has nothing to do with the Nazis except that it was popular during their time. But there were much more popular ones.
2019-01-24 08:32
JOKES
2019-01-24 08:33
cyx | 
Germany Shadyy89 
k :P have a nice day
2019-01-24 08:33
 | 
Russia v0x1k 
the nazis back then are gone. a name is a name. Still too much hate because of our forefathers
2019-01-24 09:30
Yeah, name is a name I dare you to name your kid Adolf
2019-01-24 09:47
 | 
Russia v0x1k 
touché
2019-01-24 09:50
 | 
India illumination 
can we follow religion on Instagram or Facebook ? what is he talking about ? wtf is religion ?
2019-01-24 07:02
nt forsaken
2019-01-24 12:18
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
Religion is like the worst kind of understading how life and the universe really works. Most of religion carries the same Philosophy. There is a god, there is life after death, there are sins, if you don’t follow the rules you will be fucked. Based on that and mixing with culture and tradition, humans created different gods to better serve them, or to better be served. With some distinctions. Its crazy to think that these believes are so strongs that some of them are applied in juridical laws all over the world. As a exemple, in some country you can have 4 wifes, because my god says so. You can not abort or makes clones, because god says so, gay marrige, god hats it, jews can only marry jews, because of the lord. I don’t mind religion, I think religious people are disconected with reality, but what bothers me is when faith are applied in laws that affect our lives, and all cruelty made in name of god. Im a spiritual person, I belive in a higher power and I believe in reincarnation. I believe in Karma and believe in higher dimensions. I believe that consciousness can manifest in many forms of vehicles and we do survive the death of out material body. Where do we go ? It depends on your level of awareness and spiritual evolution.
2019-01-24 07:23
If the laws were made today religion would have much less impact on them. Many of the religion-affected laws have their roots from when it was the norm to be religious. And yes, I agree that religion should not affect laws.
2019-01-24 08:35
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
Little by little th Church is loosing its power
2019-01-24 09:00
It's only good, religious institutes have never been about the religion but only about gaining power. Religion should be an individuals own thing, not an institute.
2019-01-24 09:06
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
You preaching right now brother lol. Agreed
2019-01-24 09:10
Turkey mtdN 
"You can have 4 wifes, because my god says so." There is an ayet(sentence) about it which says, you can marry with 4 wifes if they are OK to do it. And also one is always better. In my country, it is forbidden to marry one more wife and better for sure. Generally Arab guys use it to marry more wife to have sex more. I mean in Islam, it doesn't depend on only guys want but also ladies willing.
2019-01-24 11:19
Religion doesn't hold people back.
2019-01-24 07:26
Because it's comforting. This is basically what it boils down to, behind all the broken arguments and fallacies, there's just comfort trying to be protected. It's the ultimate comfort to think that your life has some externally defined purpose regardless of what happens to you, and that something continues after your death, it's a relief from the lack of control real life makes us feel. Also, for many people, that's all they know, they live in religious families, among religious communities, among religious co-workers, etc... Many don't even know what atheism is or how it's even possible, even if some of them are given the opportunity to examine their beliefs, they won't go too far, mostly because these beliefs are too fundamental to their life, they will either not even realize the assumptions they have, and when they do, the emotional cost of questioning them might be just too great for them. For those people who deconvert, it can take quite some time, sometimes years before they let go of this need for comfort. Especially if they're surrounded by believers everywhere and afraid of being excluded socially (which unfortunately does happen), or worse. Also, theists may be wrong, but that only makes them wrong on this issue, it doesn't make them necessarily idiots, like I see too many atheists claiming. Theists can be idiots, sure, like any human being, but being a theist doesn't necessarily make you an idiot.
2019-01-24 07:29
> It's the ultimate comfort to think that your life has some externally defined purpose Best answer in this thread.
2019-01-24 07:36
cyx | 
South Africa bonkaz 
>> It's the ultimate comfort to think that your life has some externally defined purpose > Best answer in this thread. That's what I was taught when I was a kid. Not so much by my parents, but especially my grandparents on both sides. After becoming an edgy teen, I wanted to just rebel against everybody and said I hated god. After a few years I just realized that I didn't believe in a god. I want and I will create my own legacy. I will have kids which I'll raise to the best of my abilities, I'm helping (or in some cases I can only try) people who are far worse off than me and I try to live my life by the standards I set for myself. But I would never make fun of people believing - except if they try to force this stuff upon me. Sometimes I indulge myself. I earn good money and buy stuff I don't really need. Sometimes I'm a fucking asshole. I've hurt people in the past (not physically). But I am my worst critic and I judge myself for the shit I've done. Nobody else (except if I should ever break the law :D). TLDR: I give my life purpose, not some god. But at the same time, I don't judge anybody for believing, as long as their belief is not forced upon me. Then fuck'em.
2019-01-24 08:01
Respectable. But you should understand that not everyone in this world knows their purpose. Speaking about myself - I couldnt care less about children, at least at the current point of my life. I dont really care if anybody remembers me in the future. Religion could have given me a purpose but you cant force yourself to believe in something. And sometimes I have to answer the question about the meaning. And, well, I have no answer. Maybe I will understand later. Who knows?
2019-01-24 10:50
cyx | 
South Africa bonkaz 
I think I described it a bit too far off. It's not important to me, to be remembered. But for myself - I want to die (hopefully not too soon) knowing, that I did my part in doing the best I can to better myself and my surroundings. There's only so much I can do. Try to raise my part of the next generation not to be a selfish dick/bitch. Helping people in need without sacrifing the well-being of my family. Try to convince - without being an asshole myself - others to do their part. That's all I personally can do, that's all almost everybody can or could do. The problem is, that the people who could do more than me (politicians, the billionaires around the world, the churches/religious leaders) often don't. I can understand everybody who searches for something or somebody else to find a purpose. Took me long enough to find something for myself. That's why I'd never make fun of anybody who believes in a god without being a preachy cunt or a religious fanatic. btw I'm quite surprised shit didn't hit the fan in this thread like I expected.
2019-01-24 12:05
 | 
Brazil BrazilNA 
Its a extremely comfort to have something to tell you, Do what I say or you will burn in hell lol. If you don’t praise me, you will rot in hell It you talk bad about me you will burn in hell If you follow any other god and not J Christ, too bad you will go to hell Its like god is a big bully, or a tyrant , bullshit lol
2019-01-24 08:06
cyx | 
Germany Shadyy89 
Yea he became like that after we ate his best apples and murdered his son
2019-01-24 08:38
lol true that kinda selfish of this "God" to create humans and say that our purpose is to worship him how about nope
2019-01-24 09:20
The fear of hell is something ingrained in some religions, but not all, you don't need to fear hell to believe in them. Even in religions which traditionally cultivate this fear of hell, like Christianity, there are many believers who don't believe in this form of hell where you get tormented for eternity, instead you get separated from their god or whatever that means. Of course they don't have any more evidence for their kind of hell, but the point is that you don't need to live in fear of your god to be a theist, although many do because the original god concept has to do with absolute power and authority over mortals, which is a scary concept, assuming you believe this entity exists in the first place. As for comfort, fearing your god does not prevent you from being comforted by this god at the same time. It's like an abusive relationship, someone may fear their partner and what they might do, but they still love their partner anyway, and what they perceive as a good side of this partner prevents them from being overwhelmed by their bad side. It's the same for believers in an immoral and brutal god, the good they think this god does to them compensates for all the fear this god creates in them.
2019-01-24 17:15
Wow, well said my man. Especially the last paragraph. Some of the wisest and kindest people I've known are religious people, and thus it makes me sad when people judge believers so harshly.
2019-01-24 08:39
religions are meant to disrupt the relations of nations
2019-01-24 07:42
religions are meant to disrupt the relations of nations
2019-01-24 07:42
Aleksib | 
Finland vadeb 
I believe in one and only mighty ENCELADUS
2019-01-24 07:53
i dont
2019-01-24 08:08
For some people it helps better themselves, it teaches them, it helps keep them away from harmful habits. Like you mentioned fasting is one. It's not just a thing in Islam, I'm pretty sure other religions have the exact thing or something similar. It helps better you by making you experience the hunger of the homeless. And for Islam it's taken in the month of forgiveness or something. So there's lots of giving and helping the community etc. I'm sure you can already guess what it's trying to teach you. On another note, maybe it would be better if you asked converts to religions, like why they converted and what made them do it. They probably could give a more wanted answer.
2019-01-24 08:40
 | 
Russia v0x1k 
fasting is actually good for your body
2019-01-24 09:32
Oh yeah there's that too. Sorry
2019-01-24 19:45
 | 
Albania realblizzy 
Finally high IQ answer.
2019-01-24 09:55
I'm glad you like it
2019-01-25 02:05
i followed religion when i was a kid because they gave free food every after every sermon
2019-01-24 08:44
loli | 
Russia AnimeTrap 
Naah fam, breaking believers faith is like getting addict off the meth. Junkie has to find something new to live for and socialize and just like believer has to find new meaning of life after you get him off.
2019-01-24 08:50
loli | 
Russia AnimeTrap 
But X God is pretty real. Dosia watching your flicks from the sky
2019-01-24 08:51
kys weeb
2019-01-24 09:12
loli | 
Russia AnimeTrap 
But not today, anon
2019-01-24 09:26
 | 
Russia v0x1k 
So many churches brainwash the congregation. Follow your own path of belief
2019-01-24 09:31
For the sake of keeping Christianity alive. Other than being baptised and going to church on Easter that's all i do.
2019-01-24 10:14
For the sake of keeping Christianity alive. Other than being baptised and going to church on Easter that's all i do.
2019-01-24 10:14
 | 
Hungary Bonte 
Why not? I can't lose anything and if I'm right I'll have eternal life. I also learn to love and appreciate every human being, which is a good thing.
2019-01-24 10:53
 | 
Turkey 0vercast 
You lose something but you cant be aware of what you lose while you are member of a religion
2019-01-24 14:54
umm... is this bait? lol
2019-01-24 18:58
 | 
Hungary Bonte 
nope religion is a good thing whether there's a god or not... it makes you live ethically
2019-01-24 19:03
"I also learn to love and appreciate every human being, which is a good thing." no love for the animals? back to slitting their throats!
2019-01-24 19:06
 | 
Hungary Bonte 
well the bible doesn't say that you can't eat animals, but obviously you gotta respect nature. That's part of living ethically
2019-01-24 19:09
not sure if the bible has promoted ethics as much as a sense of superiority and control over the people who follow it.
2019-01-24 19:17
Turkey mtdN 
I agree with #71 and also why I think I am believe in right religion is errorless holy book (Quran) There is no doubt it is written by God not by human. Because there is so many things that can't be guessed about the future
2019-01-24 11:25
Catholic people dont do that
2019-01-24 12:22
 | 
Turkey headshotk1ng 
why not ?
2019-01-24 14:47
 | 
United States BLNDSPT 
Because a life without it would be bleak, meaningless and not worth living, at least for me. I lost my mom when I was 16 and I entered a really dark time in my life for the next two years where I failed classes and just stayed home and played video games all day and religion was the only thing-- and I MEAN the only thing -- that pulled me out of that dark pit. I had to humble myself to realize to see the hand of God in my life. I realized that He will almost never provide miracles via giant life changing events, but rather through small, mostly overlooked means. I realized that, in the words of Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "when our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer—no matter how eloquent the oration." I had to stop feeling sorry for myself and take control of my life with the direction of God, and the crazy part is that I did. As I started reading scripture on a regular basis, I saw a change in my attitude. My grades picked back up again, and I was happy. So I really hate when people tell me that religion is a sham or that mine is a cult (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, mormonism), because the moment I latched myself onto the church I became happier. If I didn't have my religion I probably would've committed suicide, because during those two years I had literally nothing to live for. So that's why I follow religion.
2019-01-24 16:01
World Jeza 
that's a yikes from me dog
2019-01-24 16:08
 | 
United States BLNDSPT 
thx
2019-01-24 16:11
I'm Christian. We don't do any weird stuff. Mostly we argue.
2019-01-24 16:06
 | 
India otgps 
Hmmmm....... I wonder what Salem witch trials were and why renaissance scientists got so much shit from the church
2019-01-24 17:56
Idk. I'm not someone who cares about religious history
2019-01-24 19:31
 | 
India otgps 
A good thing to do sir and utmost respect for your answer
2019-01-24 20:40
just what we think, nothing is holding us back unless you are extremely fearing of god, most religions dont require you to grow beards from what i know
2019-01-24 20:46
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.