Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Music for focus
f0rest | 
Europe methylphenidate 
Hello community, So i work at a very noisy office and im not good with sounds that distract me(coworkers talking, radio etc). I usually listen to hip-hop and rnb but it's just too much, and distracts me even more. Anyone of you who can recommend some music/playlists that helps you focus on your own thing?
2019-01-25 10:47
Music Focus Pick 1 Music doesn't make you focus more, but makes it less boring
2019-01-25 10:50
I'm very sensitive to noises, so it helps me.
2019-01-25 10:55
Well, if it is possible to play some music, couldn't you use noise-cancelling ear-plugs?
2019-01-25 11:09
Some nice relaxed d&b does that for me
God | 
Poland henlo 
the retarded types of metal with the autistic screeching is what u need u will go deaf in seconds
 | 
Brazil kaiknux 
Try Debussy - Clair de Lune And Vivaldi - Spring. And so on. Thank me later.
I'll try, thanks.
2019-01-25 10:56
Nast1a | 
India teguP 
how long have you been working there? I had the same problems when I first started, noisy clock, keyboards and mouse clicking, people calling, music from the radio, but after a month or so I got used to it, I even fixed the wall clock because it broke and I turn on the radio when it's off xD
2019-01-25 10:51
I’ve been working there for 6 months now, so I should have gotten used to it. Happy you got comfortable with the office tho!
2019-01-25 11:00
It depends, but largely I find music distracting from work/studying. When I'm studying math and I'm solving equations etc., I can listen to music (for me it is usually rock). But when I need to learn/memorize something or when I read some article/thesis, music distracts me. One tip I can give you is to listen to a band/singer the language of which you don't understand. That way the vocals don't distract you that much. And then there are instrumentals/classical, of course.
2019-01-25 10:54
Hmm, the foreign language thing seems like a good idea!
2019-01-25 11:00
 | 
Germany Dayjay 
everything by Mili
2019-01-25 10:56
Listen to either Sebastian Bach or Jean Sibelius
2019-01-25 11:02
Portugal eZlo 
Some Birds ov Paradise if you're into electronic music.
2019-01-25 11:05
 | 
Poland Govl 
HMm try, Tired/Reflections by Boogie Album: Everythings For Sale
2019-01-25 11:07
 | 
Latvia latvianguy 
Listen to our homie Avicii.
2019-01-25 11:11
How can people listen music and read a book at the same time?? I can read 5 pages while listening to music and remember nothing
2019-01-25 11:14
Try ambient
2019-01-25 11:18
I'd recommend classical or lo-fi hip hop. Classical is great because it doesn't have a lot of distraction going on in the piece itself. Lo-fi hiphop is like classical in a way that it's smooth to listen to, without a lot of words in it (so you don't start focusing on the words instead of your work) Those types of music are what I listen to when I have to focus :)
2019-01-25 11:23
i know what you mean. I listen to rainfall when i go to the library. Also, pro tipp: I need to study for pretty much the whole day, especially during exam periods. Start strong, i have a good breakfast (i have a place where i can eat) and then i study from 8:30 up until around 12. Its the most productive part of the day. I then have lunch, i finish eating rather fast and go home straight after. I have a 20-30 min nap, wake up, have coffee, have a shower. By 14:00 im back at the library and power through to 18-19. After that i have another short break, i enjoy some tea and the coffee shop near my library, chat with friends, get on hltv etc... At 20:00 until 21:30 or as long as i feel like it i will do a revision of what i have done during the day, seal everything in my mind in a norganized manner and it will really help with the next day by knowing what i have to do next. This sounds simple and boring but in this schedule you have 8+ hours of studying and you start your day at 7 and finish at 22. Leaving you plenty of time to enjoy your evening, go to sleep at 23 and wake up at 7 or 6:30 having had nearly 8 hours of sleep. Its a blessing. You can do more or less but i find this to be a good balance to avoid you burning out. also you should not do this every day ofcourse. I reschedule to finish early some days so im home by 18:30 and i go to the gym or for a run and then socialize. Its really really helps keep you mentally stable. GLHF
2019-01-25 11:26
btw the best part about this is that you dont get exhausted. I see people staying in the library for 10 hours and achieving nothing. They destroy their minds, ruin their bodies and learn nothing. On the meantime i study in 3 blocks where im as productive as possible. Notice that both in the morning and afternoon i am fresh of sleep and have had rest and coffee. So im flying. At the end of the day i can just sit back and browse through the work i did during the day. Of course this method wont save you if you havent studied the whole semester, in that case you are doomed and i dont respect you anyway, but this method has lead me to having ridiculously good grades. Im studying mathematics and altough the average grade during my exams is around 3.8 (you can convert it to your own evaluation system) i have an average of 1.1. Its insane how well this works. During the semester i do this on friday saturday and sunday. I have crammed all my lectures and seminars on the first 4 weekdays. I just focus a lot during the lectures so i save quite some time, and i go to the gym twice durin the first 4 week days. Its bliss.
2019-01-25 11:32
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.