Thread has been deleted
Last comment
i messed up
 | 
Canada y0sem1tE 
This is my last year in high school but I failed my first semester so bad that I'm pretty sure only the shitty university will probably accept me, I am worried that I'll end up doing some shit job. I'm 18 and all these responsibilities are too much for me to handdle. I am legitimately scared that I will end up doing nothing and parents will kick me out.
2019-02-04 02:22
 | 
Portugal NabasKi 
well, I didn't like what I was studying at the uni so I'm going to repeat some of the high school exams to enter in a different course
2019-02-04 02:23
 | 
Canada y0sem1tE 
Yes I feel that would be the best option for me, but I already failed a year, I don't wanna repeat my year. I'm new to Montreal but I've been told the colleges, aka cegeps, normally takes 2 years then I get to uni.
2019-02-04 02:25
 | 
Portugal NabasKi 
well, I'm only doing the exams, not repeating the whole year (but since I'm not from canada the school system is likely to be different). here after high school we usually go to an university, there aren't really any colleges here (sometimes you may have to spend 2 years studying some bs before starting the courses themselves, but that's for people who didn't get high enough grades)
2019-02-04 02:30
Do what you like.
2019-02-04 02:24
nice 😎
2019-02-04 02:24
flair checks out btw
2019-02-04 02:28
 | 
Canada y0sem1tE 
ok
Simple | 
Mexico OOF_GUY 
Just get money 4head
Not sure for u but i live in the us and u can build up from community college and possibly get into better schools by transfer. Im happy where im going tho(tx a&m)
Well, your flair checks out
2019-02-04 02:26
flusha | 
Germany Kupferr 
Can you not repeat your last year and aim for better grades? I repeated a school year and it didn't give me any disadvantage at all, apart from "losing a year".. Also don't be too afraid to fail when you are this young. It may take a little bit of time, but you can easily recover..
2019-02-04 02:26
 | 
Canada y0sem1tE 
I actually moved to Montreal this summer to continue my last year of high school then university, I was expecting it to be more or less easier than my previous school, but I got slapped in the face, and it was alot harder than I expected, my parents wouldnt accept repeating a year, I don't wanna go to the shitty university, but it's all on me. I will just end up working minimum wage to start my business I guess.. :/
Lmao dude consider yourself lucky. Go to CC for two years and get some minimum wage job while your at it so you have a source of income. Work hard for those two years, get involved in the community, work on projects, do MOOCs, then transfer to a top university. Don't waste your money on a university for your first two years, the curriculum is all the same for intro classes. Take 2/3 years while in the transfer school to really get all the classes you need and you will be fine. As for your mindset right now, ask yourself why you want to go to uni. At some point during school you will get stressed out and want to give up/drop out b/c uni ain't easy boi. You will need to find motivation to get through those times and it is important that you really think about this and get serious about it. Honestly you don't look like your mature enough for college, that's ok, I think 90% of college freshman are just going through the system and most will crumble under the pressure of adult responsibilities + schoolwork. Take a gap year or two if you have to to work somewhere, or learn a trade, get a new perspective. School, even uni, is a bubble where you are shielded from how the world really works. If you know how the world works before you go to college, you figure out why (or why not) college is needed, then you go to college with that mindset and become more prepared than any other student there.
2019-02-04 02:41
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.