Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Zeus is NOT a good IGL
Laos SmartestGuyOnThePlanet 
Stop being so naive and delusional. It makes me laugh every time people say something “Zeus is a good leader and he doesn’t have to frag bla bla bla”. That’s the thing - Zeus is not a good IGL. Whole NaVi’s gameplay is based on individual skills by s1mple & electronic (sometimes flamie). They have no strats, no tactics, no teamplay, no chemistry, no communication. If s1mple and electronic are having a bad game - NaVi will just get smashed. Zeus is ultra overrated by the csgo community just because there was a coincidence that he managed to win a major with Gambit (but then Hobbit & AdreN had insane performance and basically carried Zeus). Same thing with pronax and fnatic. People think he was good back in the days but in fact he just got carried by his teammates that used to destroy everyone. If you watch Zeus’s POV, you will realize how bad he actually is. He makes such retarded decisions (alongside Edward), not to mention their awful aim and crosshair placement. Zeus is one of the worst holders on b of mirage/inferno. If any teams plays against NaVi on those maps, they can literally abuse b site every single time and get free entries & rounds since Zeus & Edward play there. He is just weak overall. Csgo is a 5v5 game. Even if you’re the smartest IGL in the world (which Zeus isn’t) but you can’t outaim your opponents and hit your shots - you won’t be able to hold/obtain certain positions so enemy teams can easily overrun you and you will lose rounds eventually. If you want example of a good IGL - look at gla1ve. Not only he makes good calls and leads his team properly but he also made into top10 last year with a superb performance. These excuses about IGLs not having to frag are just clueless and funny.
2019-02-10 17:31
 | 
Turkey xp3RT! 
zeus ? cs player? ohh yeah i know him Bot Zeus ?
2019-02-10 17:32
Atleast you tried
2019-02-10 17:36
 | 
Turkey xp3RT! 
pffhh classic na'Vi fanb0Y
2019-02-10 17:37
No Zeus sucks, it was just a terrible insult
2019-02-11 11:54
 | 
Canada wun_teps 
+1
2019-02-10 17:33
Lol you're right
2019-02-10 17:35
United Kingdom aima 
Actually i find flamie guilty for underpreforming of team Navi i dunno why but there is something hidden and not told by Zeus in that interview...
2019-02-10 17:35
AdreN | 
Kazakhstan Aiomie 
I noticed same thing about flamie. And not only that, he isn't type of person who deserves Navi jersey atm, IMO he should go improve his personality.
Zeus didn't even write that interview himself. He can't speak English whatsoever. His tweets are also written by someone else.
2019-02-10 17:40
shox | 
France wannafly1 
in 2016 - NaVi's stuff managed to kick Zeus from their squad only one person who said "no" to Danylo's kick - was Edward. Starix, Seized, Flamie, Guardian voted to kick their captain... so Flamie - only one guy, who continued to play with Zeus. I think that Dan has some resentment at Flamie and they haven't key for a victory cause of that. In my opinion - they need to trade AdreN or Hobbit/or other CIS stuff with flamie to bring back Danylo's motivation :) btw ex-Gambit players know how to win major under the leadership of Zeus
2019-02-10 18:02
flamie is forced to play more supportive role instead of electronic. you can clearly see when his performance started to drop...
2019-02-10 18:11
African Union atts 
This, This 100 percent. When Elec first joined Zeus made him play some supportive roles to give more freedom to EDWARD. However Elec was a pure star player/fragger in F3, and doesn't even know what to do with supportive utility/nades, he's basically a guy thats there to click heads, which is why S1mple pushed for him to join the team, for firepower, m not support. Ideally the two older guys on the squad should run supportive roles for S1mple Elec and Flamie who are all very exceptional fraggers, but Zeus thought otherwise and put Elec on supportive roles where he was bad and inconsistent, and of course Edward with more freedom is still bad firepower wise, so only S1mple was carrying the team. It was after a few months in 2018, when according to their own interview S1mple pressured Zeus to switch up Elec roles and he is being misused. This was the start of the rift that now exists between S1mple and Zeus, but it meant the team could actually win as Elec was playing his preferred role. However Zeus and Edward still really did not take all those supportive roles, instead they push some on Flamie, deviate from what they plan pre-match and Flame gets stuck with shit during the match, Its no surprise the poorness and inconsistency presents in Electronic in early 2018 are not present in Flamie. Flamie of course was unhappy with this and grew unhappy with the team and eventually tried to leave. NaVi and Zeus stopped that movement and Zeus tried to make it up to Flamie outside of game by buying him shit. This is a highly probable timeline deduced based on confirmed events. Now the problem is CS is played in the server. And when you have players playing roles they do not have the strengths for (mainly Edward), and the IGL not only allows this but facilitates it to the detriment of team performance, I'm sorry thats not a good IGL. Zeus constantly whines about how difficult the younger members of the team are to deal with. Maybe if he structured roles within the team according to ability like an actual IGL does, there would be no issue. Its clear at this point he's happy to just go half-cocked into every event and see how it turns out. Very pathetic state of affairs in NaVi from the top down. Kane, Zeus, and Edward, the oldest and should be wisest members of the team, are the ones ruining it for S1mple, Elec, and Flamie. Its absolutely non surprise the team is in such a shambles, and I would not blame any of their younger players for leaving and going to an actual team, unless NaVi decide to replace those three older guys right after the major. Just imagine Zeus saying they plan to go to even fewer events going forward, not prepping properly for the major and hoping for top 8, etc. He is absolutely not the right leader for this team. For that squad to measure up to top teams consistently, Zeus and Edward need to be replaced with young, fresh, hungry CIS talent just like With Electronic. S1mple wanted to play with him for this reason. He is good. In modern CS you need 5 solid players to make consistent improvement vs the top, not 2 insane players and 2 bots.
2019-02-10 18:48
i have no idea why 99% of hltv users think that edward is support player and they try to excuse his horrible performance by that role... well said +1
2019-02-10 18:54
African Union atts 
It's common logic for casuals: Bad player on a team with good star players... Must be support player! And must be the reason why those star players are so good!! It's retarded. Sometimes bad players are just... bad.
2019-02-10 19:32
yea agree for 100%
2019-02-10 19:36
so basically what you're saying is -zeus -edward -kane +jame +hobbit +lmbt😎
2019-02-10 18:55
African Union atts 
Well not Hobbit. Another young CIS talent. NaVi needs to remove the older-gen loving, 'father figure' glasses. There are many insane young players in the region. It's pointless to keep shuffling the same names and hoping for different results. Also if Zeus Edward and Kane leave and Simple stays, it's likely Simple will be IGL as he will effectively be the one making the new team and Flamie and Electronic (remember S1mple was the one who scouted out Elec personally) already respect him a lot. It would be natural that he be IGL and I think it would be a very good fit. You definitely can't have a more inexperienced player at top level like Jame who doesn't know how the other NaVi players, play come and IGL when there is no long standing coach to guide him. S1mple will have to take on that role in exchange for rebuilding the team. I gotta say this would be a very suboptimal situation for Simple though as the best thing for him as an individual is to go off to an international team like Faze. This is also the more likely scenario as evenue Zeus himself has said . If S1mple does stay on NaVi though, it's likely because those changes are made.
2019-02-10 19:41
damn, i want na'vi to do well, but at the same time i want s1mple to be able to reach his full potential individually. what a dilemma😎
2019-02-10 19:33
African Union atts 
same men... same. Like I said and like Zeus confirmed its more likely at this point that he moves to another team tho, most likely FaZe. You like Rain maybe you've noticed him and S1mple queuing together in FPL and playing spots together recently? Also the CIS stand-in for the major, and S1mple's current body language in NaVi and his recent tweets... Its most likely he leaves to FaZe after the major. That would definitely induce roster changes in NaVi, I just hope they make the right changes.
2019-02-10 19:48
that would be pretty cool honestly😎
2019-02-10 19:50
African Union atts 
*TYPO: the inconsistencies are NOW present in Flamie
2019-02-10 19:05
yeah he is
2019-02-10 21:16
 | 
Slovakia gayzera 
If u will take a look at NAVI LONDON CSGO BOOTCAMP VIDEO, U see that NaVi makes giant mistakes, Everyone is speaking except Kane, who does nothing, and when everyone is raging Kane is saying play like this, Zeus refuces to play how Kane said. They almost lost to Renebots, 16-14
 | 
Slovakia gayzera 
no speak russian, but as long of understanding he is saying that he is tilting and kane is a good boy typical ukranian relationships
2019-02-10 17:45
Kane is completely fucking useless (he's even worse than Zeus) but they're both useless actually. Kane is a redneck friend of Zeus and gets paid insane amount of money for nothing, just because he is Zeus's friend. This dude should be so grateful that his life has turned so lucky.
2019-02-10 17:47
 | 
Asia ElemeNt4ffff 
4 major grandfinal .i accept hes not good but u cant say mgf is gust based on skilled players
+1
sad,but true :(
these types of topics are pretty useless yes we can all see, from watching his pov, that he's not that good though we have no idea why the team underperforms (losing to heroic and north in a bo3😂😂) sure, at the very least, he plays a part in it, but we can't really say how significant that part is
2019-02-10 17:38
2 times major finalist without s1mple and electronic, was that coincidence too?
2019-02-10 17:41
Lmao I was expecting mad fangay Pham_ to come here just after I saw the topic
2019-02-10 17:44
Mad fan? i'm always justifying my point of view, and putting arguments into the discussion. But you're the clear hater, nothing will change your mind
2019-02-10 17:49
You know if you put gold nova on the team together with 4 of world's best players they will still be able to win competitive matches against other pro teams Think about this. I hope you get the point.
2019-02-10 17:54
Astana Dragons 2013 - it was basically a CIS SUPERTEAM - eventually disbanded cuz of shit results NaVi 2017 - no gold nova in the team - eventually did roster changes cuz SUCKED a big cock within the year Gambit early 2016 - barely a top 20 team - became decent after zeus arriving - then gone ultragarbage after zeus leave Think about this. I hope you get the point.
2019-02-10 18:02
You’re biased and there is no way you change your opinion so I’m not gonna argue with you
2019-02-10 20:57
Talk to me when zeus leave and navi turn to garbage mode again, wondering what kind of conversation it would be
2019-02-10 21:15
 | 
Poland sitarskee 
>being a major finalist in the long past >something that actually matters
2019-02-10 17:46
yep just like NEO he was best player like 10 years ago but now he's just a total garbage no one wants to play with
2019-02-10 17:48
 | 
Poland sitarskee 
+1
2019-02-10 18:34
It was 3 years ago, it not that long ago, and it actually matters cuz nobody else from CIS could repeat this result
 | 
Poland sitarskee 
doesn't matter whether CIS or EU since Zeus has been a known member of CS community since 1.6 time so it doesn't mean that much that he is from CIS because he's been travelling and playing the best players from all over the world for many years before csgo compare it to pronax, he has several majors under his belt and yet he became utter shit i am not shitting on zeus, he has won a major some time ago but watching his play from the recent year, I can't say he's a good player or a good IGL. Yes, they have been winning some tournaments or going far but you have to look at the stats, if it wasn't for s1mple and electronic, they wouldn't have so much success lately. And no, it's not Zeus' mastermind tactics, it's just s1mple and elec outplaying everyone and making huge plays
2019-02-10 18:38
U just retarded famgay man face the facts
2019-02-11 04:55
zeus has actually been in a major final every year since 2015. dh cluj 2015, mlg columbus 2016, pgl krakow 2017, faceit london 2018.
2019-02-10 19:37
 | 
Sweden Trkmag 
+1
2019-02-10 20:33
Jame | 
Russia x4ck3r 
gla1ve over hyped, maybe he's rly good igl but u miss zonic who make so mush impact
2019-02-10 17:41
+1 finally someone who has brain
2019-02-10 17:49
so now there's only one good igl on the planet and only cuz he climbed to top10 in astralis' best year? :DDDDDDD btw look at glaive before 2018 (and even in atlanta in january 2018) - total bot, much worse than zeus not to mention your PROFESSIONAL statement about "They have no strats, no tactics, no teamplay, no chemistry, no communication."
2019-02-10 17:50
Czech Republic Wer_ 
How many majors have you won?, oh I can't hear you
2019-02-10 17:50
 | 
Ukraine Pasha-BOMBER 
another stupid topic from stupid kiddo. Zeus is a star player anyway no matter what you all dumbheads say. He is 1.6 legend. Major winner and the best cis igl. Probably the top 2-3 igls for all times. Navi wasn't even in top 10 without him, but with simple and guardian at the same time in the roster (same case with virtuspro without taz). Gambit didn't win anything without him with the same 4 persons who took the major some day. He is the only one who cares about motivation, results, tactics, discipline and plans for the game. Actually only with him in the team Simple can be top 1 player cos all the game was built around him and only now with Zeus in the team he can shine like that. In any other team it won't be so. Zeus did more for Navi than any person on this fuckin' planet. He is very skilled player and he can even frag much better in case you take an igl role from his shoulders. You just can't get the point that coordinating and motivating takes a lot of energy. Even if he retire this year he'll be overall the one of the best players and personalities on CS scene if not the best. You can wright a book about his career right now and will be famous for that... instead you're just shittalkin'... stupid fuck!
> flag checks out Imagine trying to use irrelevant game 1.6 as an argument. It's a different game and no one cares about the past. It's like comparing PUBG pro and cs pro. He's trash in csgo and has always been.
2019-02-10 17:56
 | 
Ukraine Pasha-BOMBER 
for me and any other true fan of Navi and any other cis team he proved himself as a very good person and player and igl in cs go as well. So you can't say he is trash till you throw all the trash from your own dumb head.... haters gonna hate but it doesn't matter at the end.
2019-02-10 18:03
Ur comment actually made me laugh so hard LMFAo "zeus is a star player" clearly not so im just going to scratch that "Zeus is a very skilled player" i want to know where u know this from? Why have u gotten this idea in ur head that he is very skilled? Show me example pls. Also S1mple has proven that he doesnt need Zeus to build a team around him to be insane, S1mple is the most skilled player to touch the game, and he will put up top 1 worthy numbers no matter the team.
2019-02-10 18:14
You basically just admitted that you’re a biased fanboy
2019-02-10 20:59
+1
2019-02-10 17:57
 | 
Germany polycarp 
+1 apart from "he is very good player". he really isnt. his individual skill is decent to sub-par at most, but thats ok because its not his job to frag hard.
2019-02-10 18:13
"Zeus is a star player anyway no matter what you all dumbheads say." ?????????????? Maybe in 2010 or something but not in CSGO
2019-02-10 18:27
 | 
Belgium YoGatesKevin 
More like kick flamie. This guy is still inconsistent and underperforms AF. If HLTV had a lost for the most inconsistent/underperforming pro player of the year - flamie would be top1 every year.
2019-02-10 17:58
 | 
Netherlands BigMarvin 
He used to be good, just like Dosia.
2019-02-10 18:04
Such a BOT, kick him already, I hate NAVI.
2019-02-10 18:04
Thorin | 
Sweden ezwuo 
gob b is an amazing IGL who makes it work even though he's a BOT.
2019-02-10 18:08
s1mple | 
Switzerland x676 
Totally agree.
2019-02-10 18:08
Zeus is BOT
2019-02-10 18:09
s1mple | 
Ukraine d3adLY 
same for Fallen, gla1ve, pronax, chrisJ, nitro, karrigan
2019-02-10 18:13
 | 
Romania TheWizard741 
??? gla1ve literally made top 10 in 2018??also karrigan can lift a team up easily like he did with faze
2019-02-10 21:19
s1mple | 
Ukraine d3adLY 
Zeus was #19 in top 2010
2019-02-10 21:33
 | 
Romania TheWizard741 
Yeah and Sixer was #20 in the same ranking. How is top 2010 relevant at all? Fuck,i got baited
2019-02-10 21:34
s1mple | 
Ukraine d3adLY 
It was not bait
2019-02-10 21:52
If only starix could lead NaVi again from the coaching role...
2019-02-10 18:17
probably you are right, but Zeus will be able to motivate the whole team so that they will play their best game
2019-02-10 18:31
You are a standart baiter. Zeus has 4 Major final and won one of them with Gambit. Without him Navi are expensive car without engine.
2019-02-10 18:32
Without him NaVi would have probably won those 3 finals
2019-02-10 20:59
African Union atts 
Those people excusing Zeus and shitting on Flamie do not get the point. Ill give ya'll a rough timeline: When Elec first joined Zeus made him play some supportive roles to give more freedom to EDWARD. However Elec was a pure star player/fragger in F3, and doesn't even know what to do with supportive utility/nades, he's basically a guy thats there to click heads, which is why S1mplke pushed for him to join the team, for firepower, m not support. Ideally the two older guys on the squad should run supportive roles for S1mple Elec and Flamie who are all very exceptional fraggers, but Zeus thought otherwise and put Elec on supportive roles where he was bad and inconsistent, and of course Edward with more freedom is still bad firepower wise, so only S1mple was carrying the team. It was after a few months in 2018, when according to their own interview S1mple pressured Zeus to switch up Elec roles and he is being misused. This was the start of the rift that now exists between S1mple and Zeus, but it meant the team could actually win as Elec was playing his preferred role. However Zeus and Edward still really did not take all those supportive roles, instead they push some on Flamie, deviate from what they plan pre-match and Flame gets stuck with shit during the match, Its no surprise the poorness and inconsistency presents in Electronic in early 2018 are not present in Flamie. Flamie of course was unhappy with this and grew unhappy with the team and eventually tried to leave. NaVi and Zeus stopped that movement and Zeus tried to make it up to Flamie outside of game by buying him shit. This is an accurate timeline based on confirmed events. Now the problem is CS is played in the server. And when you have players playing roles they do not have the strengths for (mainly Edward), and the IGL not only allows this but facilitates it to the detriment of team performance, I'm sorry thats not a good IGL. Zeus constantly whines about how difficult the younger members of the team are to deal with. Maybe if he structured roles within the team according to ability like an actual IGL does, there would be no issue. Its clear at this point he's happy to just go half-cocked into every event and see how it turns out. Very pathetic state of affairs in NaVi from the top down. Kane, Zeus, and Edward, the oldest and should be wisest members of the team, are the ones ruining it for S1mple, Elec, and Flamie. Its absolutely non surprise the team is in such a shambles, and I would not blame any of their younger players for leaving and going to an actual team, unless NaVi decide to replace those three older guys right after the major. Just imagine Zeus saying they plan to go to even fewer events going forward, not prepping properly for the major and hoping for top 8, etc. He is absolutely not the right leader for this team. For that squad to measure up to top teams consistently, Zeus and Edward need to be replaced with young, fresh, hungry CIS talent just like With Electronic. S1mple wanted to play with him for this reason. He is good. In modern CS you need 5 solid players to make consistent improvement vs the top, not 2 insane players and 2 bots.
2019-02-10 18:50
African Union atts 
*TYPO: The inconsistencies are NOW present in Flamie
2019-02-10 19:07
you dont need to outaim opponents if you can shoot them at the back of their head :)
2019-02-10 18:53
African Union atts 
But you have to outplay them to shoot them in the back of the head, and Zeus cannot outplay shit.
2019-02-10 19:38
he's and IGL that's his role for the team, finding advantages using not only himself but everyone
2019-02-10 20:31
African Union atts 
That's what I'm talking about. Navi do not outplay top teams. They depend on their opponents giving then freebies and a couple of their individuals going nuts.
2019-02-10 20:45
But Zeus can do neither
2019-02-10 21:05
NEO | 
Ukraine s1v9mple 
People don't overrated him in his value in general. Zeus is tactically- and experiencewise an outstanding individual. That being said, his individual form is atrocious, even he himself has admitted that. The problem is that his region has virtually no upcoming talents and better yet no potential IGLs to replace him.
2019-02-10 18:54
There are basically no upcoming IGL talents
2019-02-10 19:09
African Union atts 
Most exceptional IGLs BECAME Igl. It's dumb to look for a 'young talent' to come an igl a more experienced squad wit players that he doesnt know how they play or fit in the squad. Best IGL for NaVi is Simple if he stays and is willing to do it, with Edward and Zeus replaced for young talent.
2019-02-10 20:49
You can't just adopt that IGL role, you need to have some qualities. Yeah, S1mple bestest... godlike... ye ye... but he probably couldn't IGL properly
2019-02-10 20:53
ANGE1 has a much better fragging ability and he’s quite good as IGL from what I’ve heard
2019-02-10 21:04
NEO | 
Ukraine s1v9mple 
He's a terrible chisjesque IGL, has VERY occasional good games which make him look good, but overall pretty garbage at both fragging and tactics. Also remember that he plays against t100 teams, so of course he can get massive numbers. Last time Zeus played against Ange1 he tore him a new one
2019-02-10 22:22
true
2019-02-10 18:56
Zeus kicked from Na`Vi >Na`Vi tier3 > Joined Gambit>Won Major>Gambit kick Zeus>Still struggle to get in to tier 2 even> Na`Vi top3 team atm.
2019-02-10 18:58
He dropped off after winning the Major
2019-02-10 19:08
+1000 He is fucking shit. - KIck zeus add jame He is full of faking bullshit this guy.
pls dont compare pronax, who actually was a good IGL back then, with bot zeus who has always just been bad
YEKINDAR | 
China lxxl 
Correction: naïve
2019-02-10 19:10
assumptions over assumptions
2019-02-10 19:14
Zeus is no doubt a legend. Yes, his tactics are sort of outdated and his mechanical skill fades away, yet he's the most decorated player from the CIS region.
2019-02-10 19:18
What do you meant by “decorated” ?
2019-02-10 21:02
Decorate is also used to describe certain kinds of success. A famous athlete might decorate a gym with trophies and championship rings. We say a person in the military, like a general, is decorated when he or she is given medals for bravery or other accomplishments. Definitions of decorate. - source: vocabulary.com or w/e
2019-02-10 21:38
 | 
Australia AU_CS_LUL 
In 2010 in 1.6 he won every premier event, making NaVi essentially Astralis equivalent at that time. He has won shitloads of events since across 2 games, at points with players under him that make you wonder how the hell he beat anyone.
2019-02-10 21:50
it's actually insane how bad he is considering how much hours he puts into the game
2019-02-10 19:28
 | 
United States ferric 
If Navis success is due to only their individual skill, why was NaVi completely dogshit with Guardian and s1mple on the team months after they kicked Zeus.
2019-02-10 19:30
 | 
Russia zbogus 
well navi did kick him 2 years ago, didnt go to well for us lul
2019-02-10 19:30
Tldr?
2019-02-10 19:36
maybe. but we will see when they kick zeus or he leaves. if navi turns to shit again after kicking him, then i think we can almost say that zeus has good influence on the team as an igl. cant be that many conicidences.
2019-02-10 19:39
+1 People talk alot of shit about Karrigan but even when FAZE was going downhill he mostly played allright his numbers werent 2 bad and he had games where he went to town and even outfragged Guardian and niko. I do not understand why the Community holds him in such a high regard because I wouldnt even dare comparing Zeus to glaive, karrigan, chrisj or gob b to mention just a few better IGLs.
2019-02-10 20:38
 | 
Ukraine Najara 
When some noob says that Zeus is bot: liquipedia.net/counterstrike/Zeus_(Ukrai.. /closed
2019-02-10 20:55
With a proper leader instead of Zeus there would have been majority of 1st places
2019-02-10 21:02
 | 
Romania TheWizard741 
it surely helps to have s1mple and electronic in your team carrying your ass to trophies
2019-02-10 21:21
 | 
Estonia man1a 
again trashtalker it was too many years ago
2019-02-10 21:57
zeus should have retired in 2016, but s1mple is carrying him
2019-02-10 21:09
 | 
United States jay_320 
I agree with this thread and would like to add that Zeus was a borderline cheater/shit guy in 1.6. (Intentionally kicking Forests PC so his mouse/kb would disconnect). Anything I've heard to do with him interacting with fans has also sounded mostly bad. Also I'm fairly certain he was running a betting site in 2016 but the story just sort of washed away with all the rest of them. So yeah fuck this guy. I don't know what him and Edward's deals are but both need to go off into the sunset sooner then later. Better to leave just as the community is getting wise to your terribleness rather then becoming almost dis-liked like the VP guys. Although at the end everyone came back around to them of course. Because who doesn't like Pasha.
2019-02-10 21:57
+1
2019-02-10 22:00
Zeus | 
Finland Olter 
Thats a lot of coincidences around one person. Maybe the luckiest man alive
2019-02-11 11:56
 | 
CIS kofilzz 
Started b8ing since the nickname. So many people who do not understand CS at all(((
2019-02-11 11:58
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.