Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Why Na'Vi will do good in the major
 | 
Sweden HLTV_Member 
Many people are currently predicting Navi to boom out of the major, even before the playoffs. I am here to explain why people are thinking like this and why the third best team in HLTV's Rankings will prove them wrong. So, we begin with the reasons why people currently think Na'Vi is a bad team. 1. Recent results: Navi lost the final 0-2 to North at the GG.Bet Ice Challange. They also lost to Heroic in this tournament. This is really bad results because neither of those teams even made it to the main qualifiers of the major. The tournaments before the Christmas break was: Blast Lisbon which they finished 2nd (note: the tournament didn't have Liquid in it), Esl Pro League Finals (5-6th place), Chicago (13-16th). 2. Zeus's statement about himself and Na'Vi's practice: You have all seen the headlines on the front page. Zeus says that the team is not taking the tournament seriously and is not practicing as much as they should. He also said that he is not motivated to take the responsibilities that are required of him as a captain of the team. He is also considering to retire in the near future. This is of course really bad news and can make the whole team imbalance. 3. Flamie not performing the last months: we can all see Flamie's downward trend since Na'Vi's win in Cologne. Flamie was a crucial part of Na'Vi's success in the first part of 2018. As the third best player on Na'Vi, he was really solid. Everyone knows that Flamie needs to step up if Na'Vi wants to have good results. 4. Zeus's and Edward's fragging: as everyone knows they are total shit in terms of fragging. It is hard to see them on a team that wants to succeed in a major. I will now go over why these reasons I listed above is not such a big deal. 1. The last tournament they played was as I said GG.Bet Ice Challange. The only reason they attended this tournament was because of the org wanted them to. I speculate this was because, both the tournament and Na'Vi is sponsored by GG.Bet. Na'Vi probably got a shit ton of money to attend this tournament from GG.Bet. So no wonder they played so bad. They got a paid vacation in London. If you look at their previous tournament, Blast Pro series Lisbon, they played decently. They made it to the final over teams like Faze, Nip, Mibr and Cloud9. In the final, they actually took a map of Astralis, something the previously listed teams was not able to do. 2. Sure, Zeus's statements don't look good going into the major. But on Zeus's latest vlog he says that they are practicing against teams like Renegades and Mibr. So I think he is just trolling just like Gambit did before they won a major. 3. It's true that Flamie has played really poorly in the last couple of months. He commented on this before Blast Lisbon and said that from now on he will practicing hard. This was something that showed in Lisbon as he played much better. I think he has worked hard the last couple of weeks and will show his former self in Katowice. 4. Zeus and Edward have been fragging really bad for a long time now and it was never a problem when they won tournaments like Cologne in the past. Some other notes: Zeus said they had a tough schedule before the Christmas break which affected their performances. If you look at how many tournaments they played, you see that they played more than Astralis and Liquid. So I think they will play much better now since they had time to rest and prac. You can't look away from the star-class players they have in s1mple and electronic. They had by far the highest rating in the previous major, Faceit Major 2018.
2019-02-18 17:22
 | 
Belarus Pagonya 
+1
2019-02-18 17:23
Didn't read, but +1
2019-02-18 17:24
 | 
Israel aequus 
+1, navi will get at least semi finals imo
2019-02-18 17:26
 | 
Poland wiktorex 
+1
2019-02-18 17:28
 | 
Czech Republic Rewask 
Even tho I think Na'Vi won't get to the play-offs, +1, you make good points
2019-02-18 17:29
 | 
Sweden HLTV_Member 
ty
2019-02-18 17:54
 | 
India Freaky_Brown 
+1
2019-02-18 17:30
Why navi will do poorly: Several reasons Why navi will do good: s1mple enough said
2019-02-18 17:32
 | 
Brazil cadik 
Why navi will do poorly: s0mple Why navi will do good: Several reasons fixed
2019-02-18 17:33
*Looks at flag *Laughs
2019-02-18 19:23
f0rest | 
Other MurkaDo 
My finals Astralis ----------- NaVi NaVi Liquid ------------ MIBR MIBR NaVi ------------ NaVi MIBR
2019-02-18 17:33
 | 
Finland dev2ce 
did not read, +1
2019-02-18 17:35
sorry, i just stopped reading right after 'Na'Vi will do good'
2019-02-18 17:57
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.