Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Why do retake servers exist
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
Tell me. There are actually no reasons I found to play on retake servers.
2019-02-19 15:39
 | 
Germany Stuttgart 
Practising afterplants
2019-02-19 15:40
+1
2019-02-19 23:48
ZywOo | 
France ZywHere 
to retake
2019-02-19 15:40
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
You can't because you will have situation that will never exist. Especially the servers with 5 CTs
2019-02-19 15:41
ZywOo | 
France ZywHere 
idk i've never played it, only 2v2
2019-02-19 15:41
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
Are there actually some offical ones?
2019-02-19 15:42
ZywOo | 
France ZywHere 
idk i meant wingman :D
2019-02-19 15:43
 | 
Romania hiei59 
Retakes with 5 CT does not exist? Gold nova much? Oh sorry, I forgot everyone on hltv is faceit lv 10
2019-02-19 16:16
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
Yes, they usually do not exist. On every site, you have players who hold these sites. If you stack on one site and you realize they have control to the other site, then you are probaly doing an eco or just don't go for the retake. You're risking too much as a CT
2019-02-19 16:19
 | 
Romania hiei59 
Ok, I can understand that if your rank is not that high, you may never seen a 5v5 retake...but are you even watching pro cs scene? There are 5v5 retakes even with full gear on both sides....
2019-02-19 16:22
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
Because they stacked on site. Have you even read my comment? They just took that risk and I clearly said that you're risking something. Never said that it's impossible. I'm also level 8 on faceit. Not something to be proud of but not that low like any mm ranks
2019-02-19 16:36
 | 
Romania hiei59 
Nope, there are cases when the defender (or defenders) of a site fall a little back and let the tero's plant the bomb and wait for back-up.
2019-02-19 16:38
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
Depends on the position you're. If you are on default in mirage as a CT and you get smoked or mollied, you probaly just cant go back to the CT spawn because you might get killed
2019-02-19 16:39
 | 
Romania hiei59 
Yes, but if you are holding jungle and CT...you may fall back and wait for connector pushes or ramp....so there are cases when there are 5v5 retakes other than the ones you called.
2019-02-19 16:41
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
As I already said, it depends on the situation and position. It's also good to see some good arguments/discussion in HLTV, I always enjoy these
2019-02-19 16:45
 | 
Romania hiei59 
fck you 0/8 reported Good discussion man, also, regarding the main topic, I like to train more on retake servers than on aim ones....as the "situations" are clearly more realistic.
2019-02-19 16:47
steel | 
United Kingdom KieranFR 
i'd rather do that than play cancer MM
Sorry UK boy Competetive First Person Shooter known as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is not for you
2019-02-19 16:06
"Why do retake servers exist?"- asked the gold nova "Tell me. There are actually no reasons i found to play on retake servers"-he screamed while buying a p90 and telling his team to "go plej".
aushuaahiahaiahaj +1
2019-02-19 15:44
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
I mean you can't really practice for retake because due to the high skill gap you will create situations that will never exist and especially the servers with 5 cts. So what is your reason why retake servers actually make sense
so using your logic, you should not practice on aimbotz because there is such a huge skill gap between a bot and the player (although imo gold novas are bots) so its unrealistic. Nice logic pro. Spray dat p90.
2019-02-19 15:46
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
That's not what I meant. You play aimbotz because you want to train your muscle memory. You basically do that alone. You try to play on retake servers to practice your retake. Doesn't work because you will have situation that you will never have ( Do you usually have 5 CTs on retake and all of these CT players are in Uganda?) Also alot of players who are playing retake don't usually communicate and if you're in the team who has 5 cts and won't communicate, you will probaly get baited and it will mess up everything and it's impossible to practice retake. So whats the point?
2019-02-19 15:50
ughh... alright. So first of all. Retaking sites requires practice, especially if you are playing at a high level. As you might know there are different positions that Ts can hold in a site, and different entry ways that CTs can attempt a retake from. As a CT: By retaking what you realise first is that when entering you will be exposed to a number of angles, by practicing you can learn to use utility to disable some angles while checking others and making your way into the site without getting in 1vx situations eventhough there are 3 Ts in the site. Other than that, you also practice your movement. Moving well will close off angles very quickly, for example when retaking B in mirage through short, after clearing close angles, you should swing hard right in order to go past the bench angle where a T could be holding with awp (also apps). So as you can see little details make the difference and you definitely need to practice these things and improve. You learn where to preaim where to prefire, where to run and where to walk. You learn flashes, mollies, smokes. Common nade positions like truck in B. etc etc. As a T: You learn how to hold the site. Now eventhough people dont always communicate in retakes, simply by looking at the map you should immediately know what angles are being held and how well they are being held, so you can decide quickly what to hold and from where. Secondly you learn to use your utility efficiently. For example if again you are holding B in mirage, it might not be immediately necessary to smoke short without confirmation that a CT is indeed attempting to retake there. You learn where to hold and if you feel pinned how to get out. You develop gamesense and timing during the push so you can do the insane stuff you see in frag movies where people win 1v4. etc etc. This is something 95% of the cs community dont understand because they are too busy running with p90 and thinking they are good because the get 30 frags against noobs. Cs is 10% aim and 90% gamesense, knowledge, movement, timing, execution. And most of these people attribute this 90% part to luck or cheats. Where in fact it is the biggest aspect of the game and you are completely disregarding it. So after reading all of this, get gud, and stop making threads about these things when you have 900 hrs and are gold nova 1. This is not an insult, just a fact. Im not telling sebastian vettel that its stupid to walk the racing track with his crew before the race because he has state of the art simulators that help him memorize everything about the track.
2019-02-19 16:02
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
Do you usually retake without getting infos at your level and have 5v5 situation which makes it even harder to retake because most of the retake players don't know how to retake a site probaly? You don't usually check all angles but you do because you get no infos. Otherwise I have to agree with you. Btw I'm not gold nova. Didn't played mm for a year but I was global and im around level 8 on faceit. Don't know about SR since I don't have Faceit Premium anymore
2019-02-19 16:11
lmao. sure. You dont need people spamming mic to get info. You can see people in the radar when they are spotted and idk in what servers you play, but on the servers i play everyone is talking. Other than that, its also fun so people could be playing and listening to music so thats why they are ignoring you.
2019-02-19 16:13
 | 
Germany Kaidixdeh 
I'm not screaming to the mic to tell infos haha. That would be ridicolous. I'm just telling my teammates infos. I do not force them I'm just saying that most of the people don't do that. Also I used to play on GSZ Retake server
2019-02-19 16:38
 | 
Russia Hellyer 
I can't get you still. " Doesn't work because you will have situation that you will never have ( Do you usually have 5 CTs on retake and all of these CT players are in Uganda?) " So what's the difference how many players for CT on retake? (yes, 5v5 retake exist and all CT could be from Uganda or whatever they could be from) It's pretty much a muscle memory training either as you're trying to hold the bomb, play time etc.
2019-02-19 16:03
i agree that 5v5 is not a realistic situation ig, but its nice to train teamwork with friends
Execute servers are best
ZywOo | 
Poland Arknes 
what is that
2019-02-19 16:50
Like map automaticly smokes the place and u play the normal situation for example 1 min left in regulation time of round then rest is like normal match
2019-02-19 23:37
 | 
Switzerland IJesuZzzz 
Warmup? Befor playing Faceit or ESEA?
To learn to how to clear angles duhh and use utility,teamplay
2019-02-19 15:45
SS | 
Europe Deja_GG_Vu 
if u get some decent gear its pretty sweet. u get to make plenty of nice plays.
2019-02-19 15:46
kennyS | 
France PaulST 
I agree with you, you'll never find yourself in a situation of 5v4 retake somehow.
2019-02-19 15:52
Davidp | 
Sweden meistr0 
So you can pracc smokes/flashbangs/retakes/executes & to cover a bombsite.
2019-02-19 15:52
 | 
United States BLNDSPT 
they're really stupid because people never play the way a real retake would occur so when people say "to practice real scenarios" they're either retarded or lying to themselves
2019-02-19 15:55
 | 
Romania themightyflea 
+1
2019-02-19 16:46
NiKo | 
Bosnia and Herzegovina snowyy1 
idk to warmup aim i guees thats the only reason i use them so yeeee
2019-02-19 16:03
 | 
United Kingdom Peath 
wolverinesucks has it pretty much perfect. Practice (no matter how inefficient) is still practice And it boosts your gamesense. It can also serve to put you in the mindset of playing a game before you hop into MM or FaceIt, as you're facing a semi-real situation, rather than running around on a Dust2 deathmatch.
2019-02-19 16:18
 | 
Sweden DemoneN 
I use it to warmup on actual angles - sure, playing aim_botz first, but DM/HSDM is more irrelevant to me, as that will NEVER happen. Retakes feature the correct angles, even if the situation will occur 1 in 100000 times, as well as how to use nades on maps I'm not as comfortable on etc.
2019-02-19 16:19
xgc retakes are best....but idk.. it doesnt work for me anymore...it loads map and then cs crashes.Happens just when i wanna play xgc servers...and for me its more enjoyable than real match lol
2019-02-19 16:50
 | 
Dominican Republic SantoDomingo 
Best part is that some people actually take those "matches" seriously.
2019-02-19 23:40
I’ve never seen a 5v5 retake server before. All have been 2v2
2019-02-19 23:42
 | 
Norway rogueplayer 
Everyone knows retake servers are not real situations , but it's really good for basics and fundamentals when it comes to retaking in a real match. Every situation is different which means you can never be prepared for it but with good developed basics you'll have an intuiton on what to do at least IMO, which is always a positive to your game sense. For instance, there's plenty of globals that are literally choking on clutch / retake situations because they either don't even try or they simply don't know what to do with positioning, clearing, baiting sound etc. IDK what servers you're playing on but when I play retakes it's only on norwegian servers though (almost no trolling and strong players) so I personally gained a lot from it. Think of it like this, from a normal match how many times do you really retake? Effectively you retake a lot more on retake servers (duh) and even though it's not real situations you'll gain those basics at a faster rate. Just my 2 cents
2019-02-20 00:03
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.