| 
United States PsychoLogical 
Whats your opinion on it? Would it benefit your country or will it not? :p
2019-02-22 00:41
It would, look at japan. A working system like that is amazing
2019-02-22 00:43
 | 
Ofc But the main problem is, where would it go? In Japan its very beneficial since the population density is very high and they greatly invested in railways a few decades after WW2 for reconstruction. But in other countries it can be a problem due to higher cost and low density along with higher chances of errors and mismanagement. In USA, I'd to see proper HSR installed in the future, but the main problems are cost and land ownership and also mismanagement with the California project being an example.
2019-02-22 00:51
Why is the chance of mismanagement and errors higher in other countries? Maybe on countries that are not that developed but in countries like germany or other highly developed countries it should work. In germany routes like Hamburg - Berlin - Frankfurt etc are quite bussy etc they could work there. Higher cost? Why is the cost in japan lower? The idea in japan was dismissed and set on ice but still one connection was built. Afther the great succsses they added different connections and its working great so far.
2019-02-22 01:01
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
Japan is about the size of california
2019-02-22 04:31
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
oh nvm its about your country not america
 | 
Japan Getp0x0st 
oh nvm its about your country not america
No, because only 2.5 Million living here lmao (In whole country)
2019-02-22 00:47
 | 
It could boost your country's economy if there's any space and approval :p
2019-02-22 00:54
I remember in 2012 or something I saw my city wants to make metro, guess what. They not even started :DDDD (It's capital city btw)
2019-02-22 00:58
 | 
no money? kek
2019-02-22 01:28
 | 
Ukraine EarthAintFlat 
EU gives all money to Poland, nothing left for Lithuania :SadPepe:
2019-02-22 04:52
 | 
FeelsSadMan
2019-02-22 04:53
There is money. For example in 2018 our mayor made a lot for our city. For example new parks, swimming pools, events and etc and it's only in 1 year, but not starting to build a metro in 7 fucking years it's horrible.
2019-02-22 14:30
 | 
Dominican Republic SantoDomingo 
I don't think so, it can also be useless, just look at China's railroad between urumqi and lanzhou. Would be same case.
2019-02-22 00:59
 | 
it would work if it's for big/important cities but other than that it wouldn't work.
2019-02-22 03:57
 | 
Dominican Republic SantoDomingo 
I mean it's expensive and there is already alternative options, so I really doubt that.
2019-02-23 00:00
 | 
China FazeIsNoob 
Yes, for me, train> plane. ( my ears always buzz and always have a big headache after landing, it sucks)
2019-02-22 04:08
Would only work in the U.S in certain regions. West Coast D.C-Boston Texas pyramid and I'm sure there's more. Would love it honestly, I used the high speed rail in Japan on vacation and it was just amazing.
2019-02-22 04:13
 | 
It would obviously work along the coasts but our railways are old as shit and people seem reluctant in trying to fix or upgrade them. We could've had one for California but ofc mismanagement ruined it. There are still future projects of HSR for this country like one supposingly connecting Dallas to Houston in Texas but has issues with landowners which is the main problem for having HSR, landowners won't give up their land for these projects unless they get info like how it works etc and that some sort of deal gets negotiated that satisfies them.
2019-02-22 04:15
Eminent Domain is there :)
2019-02-22 04:17
 | 
ofc but it works if it's from an actual company doing a certain task like building railways. If not then things will have to go the hard way like the Texas HSR I mentioned, the company Texas Central Railway managing the project isn't a railway company but a private one that is supposingly using a Shinkansen Bullet train for this, then things get more difficult due to the company not being an actual railway company and since they aren't one, they really cant use Eminent Domain for their project.
2019-02-22 04:24
Yeah, that's the real problem. Private companies will build it quickly and cheaper but getting the land for it is tough. Guess we have to deal with government and how slow they do things.
2019-02-22 04:23
 | 
But the real question is how. If a court rules that you can't use Eminent Domain then you got to really make satisfying deals/negotiations with landowners and the state government that they will accept and not make further conflicts.
2019-02-22 04:25
I think it's worth it, just pay them off and build it. Only if the trains run on profitable routes, you can use some of the profits to recoup the costs of paying off the landowners. Assuming it's a government endeavor.
2019-02-22 04:30
 | 
I think so too but the hard part is convincing landowners. There could be landowners that would absolutely refuse to give up their land regardless of what offers they get. If private companies wanting to do projects like this which requires getting land then they need to listen to what landowners wish in order for them to give some up which is something most companies lack in doing.
2019-02-22 04:33
They can try building around, trying to find a route that minimizes going over private land. But even then people will complain about noise, and decrease in property value. This same thing happened to Elon Musk trying to build a tunnel in California.
2019-02-22 04:37
 | 
Apparently the train TCR is planning to use, the Japanese Shinkansen is actually quiet so there supposingly wont be any noise at all except some sort of click or whoosh due to the tracks used for the train. And as for routes, they will really need to look as sometimes there really isnt any other routes to choose from.
2019-02-22 04:48
I feel like id rather buy a plane ticket rather than use a high speed train.
 | 
If its to travel across the country like travelling from NY to California or Texas then I'd take a plane, but if its for closer destinations like from Massachusetts or NY to a bit further South like around Pennsylvania then I'd take a train.
Id rather drive if its that short of a distance. You'd be surprised on all the cool shit you miss out on if you don't drive
2019-02-22 04:26
 | 
well there's that but at the same time you can also see some nice things as well if on a train. From my POV, I just see HSR as a way to get people to try taking a train at least once across the country which they may not see when driving and it can also boost economy as well along with making things a bit more environment friendly.
2019-02-22 04:29
Environmentally speaking, it doesn't bother me that much. Until China and India stop what their doing then nothing else matters in terms of air pollution. But what I meant by seeing stuff is like going into a town you've never been in before and eating at some good ass homestyle restaurant. That kinda shit.
2019-02-22 06:09
 | 
Brazil Mentecapto 
It'd be cool, very interesting. Unfortunately my country is a shithole so I doubt I'll ever see such a thing around here :)
2019-02-22 04:39
Country too tiny to really benefit from it
2019-02-22 04:48
It's being used to link the North and the South of England which sounds pretty good to me
2019-02-22 04:49
Anything modern will get ruined by the liberals just like they did with NBN. At least if we had the labor leftists we could modernize more and being an innovative country.
2019-02-22 07:04
 | 
So basically anything that's supposed to do some upgrades to your country will just get shut down by politicians with useless bullshit?
2019-02-22 15:57
Anything that the liberals deem not 'urgent' will. That includes good ol NBN and anything that anyone over 25 will not benefit from. What was supposed to be Australia stable 100mbps FTTP (Fibre to the premises) connection plan (speed would have been upgraded with time) has turned into the biggest waste of money. Liberals dismantled fibre to the home because they think ''Australia doesn't need more than 25mbps''. So they introduced new plans, FTTN and FTTC. FTTN is when they build a single node in one street and connect the pre-existing copper wires to the node. This is the most common one that Australians are gonna have. Speeds of around 50/10 and it's unstable as fuck. FTTC is when they get the fibre line into your driveway but then connect the copper wire through to your home, much better, but still shit and most people don't have it anyway. COPPER WIRES...in 2020+. Yeah. They're literally twenty years old but Australia thinks they're good enough to use for the next ten years. This was the liberals idea of 'cutting costs' because they'd rather destroy our entire internet infrastructure than let the left give us what we want. Labor proposed true fibre plans recently like other first world countries have but they got deemed as a ''joke''. All Australian ISPs have one star reviews for a reason, they're scams. Their prices are fucking ridiculous and customer support is non-existant. I know of people who just live off 4G, and they're much happier for it because apparently fucking 4G is more stable than Australia's ''Fibre to the node''.
2019-02-23 02:05
So if the liberals did this to internet, imagine what they would do if someone proposed ''high speed railways'' lmao. Nothing will change though, Australia's voting party is really dumb. They make up their mind once and they never change it, no matter what someone does. They're old and stubborn. Australia is literally Oceania's USA when it comes to this shit.
2019-02-23 02:03
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.