Thread has been deleted
Last comment
why Astralis ?
Stewie2K | 
Germany naeqode 
Why are they literally the only disciplined team in CSGO ? Win round but low economy and chance of getting reset ? NO ONE HUNTS FRAGS. Every other team: One random dude dies somehow while hunting. Last T spotted saving with 10sec left ? Shoulder peak him, teammate baits.. kill him after time. Every other team: One random dude just guns him down. Literally 1000 of these examples. Use brain ffs.
2019-03-14 21:58
because gamers=retarded 😎😎😎😎😎
2019-03-14 21:59
I see, so which game do you play?
2019-03-14 22:03
 | 
Europe sn00b_d0gg 
rekt but there was no need 4 u 2 do it to him/her..
2019-03-14 22:09
her? Lmao
2019-03-14 23:59
 | 
Europe sn00b_d0gg 
women exist buddy... they live among us!
2019-03-15 14:09
Not on HLTV btw
2019-03-15 14:12
 | 
Europe sn00b_d0gg 
so you are really naïve...
2019-03-16 12:40
no
2019-03-16 13:33
There is maybe 100 girls that visit HLTV
2019-03-16 13:34
 | 
Europe sn00b_d0gg 
super reliable source: your not-backed-up opinion
2019-03-16 15:54
But that's just the truth. There is like so little girls that play CS GO imagine how little there is on HLTV then lmao
2019-03-16 15:59
 | 
Europe sn00b_d0gg 
sources?
2019-03-16 17:03
 | 
Italy Brera 
since it's established?
2019-03-16 17:20
Yes it was, as a joke only because his comment was ment to be a joke.
2019-03-15 07:35
nice men😎
2019-03-15 13:09
Thank you sir.
2019-03-15 17:52
 | 
Russia NOD777 
Counter strike was blessed by a really professional team. Enjoy this time it may never repeat again
2019-03-14 22:00
 | 
Slovakia veeellys 
First reall professional team... Not only 2 scrims per day and get paid
2019-03-14 22:02
It's hard to appreciate how good Astralis is when they are playing against noobs.
2019-03-15 06:57
probably thats why people "hate" astralis, no competition except from rain tho, he is best norway😎
2019-03-15 13:09
They will die in a airplane crash
2019-03-16 17:18
because they work really hard for it and it pays off, they take every game very seriously, its a job for them, and the most important is, they are a TEAM.
2019-03-14 22:00
But its not that hard tho.. just fucking save and dont hunt. Just dont kill the T before time runs out. How can this be so difficult ?
2019-03-14 22:02
fan of snake2k....so expected
2019-03-14 22:04
that doesnt even make sense
2019-03-14 22:08
No,it makes sense.. According to this guy,at pro level it is easy to hunt down an enemy without proper disciplined cs after the timer ends.. That too mostly without losing a weapon or team mate...Obviously a fan of over rated brain dead player would talk like that
2019-03-14 22:11
Haha.. there are 3 stages to understanding Stewie as a player m8. 1: OMG sick skill rekt people in FPL omg so good skills haha memelord smoke criminal soo gud. 2: Fakking bish bot.. die a lot.. Not topfrag in offical fakking overrated bish. 3: One of if not the most selfless players in the scene.. plays 90% of trash CT spots (B train, A site mirage, A site Cache, Monster Ovp, Drop Cbble, B Anchor Inferno) ALWAYS runs in first to bait for his team. Never last alive to play clutches even tho hes very good at them. Highest skill player in a supportive role in tier1 competition. Sick pistols, sick Awp. Can midround call. Youre at stage 2. Im at 3.
2019-03-14 22:21
I agree on him baiting super much for his teammates, but i disagree with the bad spots fact. Those arent bad spots, its litterally half the map. Only bad spot is ovp monster imo, and maybe drop on cobble, all the other spots are fine.
2019-03-14 23:38
A site mirage is aids. Just becuz B apps is notorious for low kills doesnt mean its the hardest spot. A site is the hardest.. extremely rare to get more than a 1for1.. gotta play trash spots like balc and sandwhich where you get mollied and flashed. It sucks. Same goes for B anchor where in mibr he only existed to take aggro from Fallen and get a 1for1 max. A site cache is the worst of all those for similar reasons.. also becuz his teams dont play retake on it and hes constantly forced to play NBK or fork type of spots. Theyre static shitspots with little variation and very suceptible to nades (unlike rotator spots like conn short Window on mirage or highway A rotator and mid on cache)
2019-03-14 23:52
Join me up here in 3, its nicer.
2019-03-14 22:22
i am tier 5 to be honest..Just raging and dying living in 3rd world with a nice PC but super bad internet... Already 31 played 1 6 and cs go for almost 14 years.
2019-03-14 22:50
Then you should be able to understand that a player who runs in first for his team every round and plays all bad CT spots on top of that all while still retaining decent rating can in no way be overrated.
2019-03-14 23:03
plus he's mad cute
2019-03-15 00:14
he is super over rated and trash...He never deserved a spot in MIBR... Look wat e is doing to liquid now
2019-03-15 03:00
its not as easy as u think, this team is just working well together, they have really great synergy and they are keep improving in every aspect, they just don't stop improving, there were many teams at the tops, but there was no team more dominant than astralis.
2019-03-14 22:07
why are you not a pro when its so easy to play smart?
2019-03-15 03:04
Not skilled enough. Imagine the following scenario.. Ts win their first round on Inferno on B after losing 5. Only one guy died and they tryna keep 4 alive so they dont get moneyfucked. They decide to all exit together in Banana. And now ? I swear to god I see pro teams every single Lan where one dude still exits CT and gets exitfragged. Or a guy overextends in Banana and peeks T stairs for some reason rather than hiding logs and playing it safe. Every. Single. Lan. There is no fucking way stage pressure has that much of an effect on your ability to play smart. This is a discipline issue.
2019-03-15 09:36
Well its pretty common issue. there is discipline issue on every single team, Astralis is not always perfect and do stupid mistakes to. And this is something you see in every single sport. Astralis are just better at teamwork and thats the reason they doing fever mistake than other and then they have the best coach and ingame leader there are at the moment.
2019-03-15 12:44
Sadly how true is this.
2019-03-14 22:23
Because as players grow as individuals they're much less rewarded for learning good teamplay than being a dank aimer. If you teamplay like astralis with garbo aim you'll be playing matchmaking pretty well or like b rank on esea If you aim like astralis with garbo teamplay you'll be playing in the pro scene.
2019-03-14 22:53
 | 
United States ferric 
+1 the people that are not at the top want to get to the top, and instead of playing well together as a team, they wanna look like a really good player
2019-03-16 15:03
nice thread, that's what i keep asking myself as well. i don't get all the bitching about astralis either, i'd rather like to understand how come all those "professional" teams keep repeating obvious mistakes. maybe it has to do with bad schedule planning which doesn't leave enough time to practice (astralis on the other hand are known for skipping lesser tournament and instead focus on winning the ones they do participate in), disjointed teamplay caused by rushed roster changes or unprofessional approach to practice schedule. aside from the points you've mentioned i find it really odd that hardly any team tries to anti strat. the best example would be astralis's ct side on B inferno. they've been running the same thing for years now, even before they've been the best in the world and teams still keep making the same mistakes running into nades or not expecting the spam through the smoke. this is meta gaming stuff, you are supposed to do your homework and know how they play it. i don't know, maybe the average csgo gamer is just not very bright. take nip's old roster for example, you had 3 extremely experienced players in xizt, gtr and f0rest all being cs veterans and yet when they started to do badly they kept the same style hardly trying to innovate. then they got threat who wasn't involved in cs for years and he completely revamped their setups, executes etc. most famous example probably being the wall of smokes on cbble from mid which most of the teams at the time incorporated into their strat book. you gotta wonder, is threat some kind of tactical mastermind? the dude is obviously smart but is it really that hard for guys who have been playing cs their entire career to spend a few days figuring out how to change their playstyle?
2019-03-14 23:22
Regarding your antistrat point, it isnt that easy. You cant just run away from all smokes, because they spray them, and you cant just give up all map control to avoid getting naded. There is so much more to it than that, and i honestly think its the timings of astralis that makes them so good. They do all their plays at the right time, and even when they dont, its minimal lose.
2019-03-14 23:41
i agree that it's not THAT simple but most of the teams astralis plays against they manage to gain banana control while rarely forfeiting banana control and it all comes down to nade timings and meta. on their t side it's common for magisk to push through, smoke the shallow molly and take position by the wall. later on they can flash him in to clear car, throw a sandbag molly or something and it's done. teams rarely use the nade that hits the player near the broken wall which astralis often uses. they use the same lineup to either flash it when they want to peek wide at car or nade it if the other team smoked the molly and they know a player can be close. that's just one example of gaining an advantage from pure meta. another example would be correctly punishing 3 B stacks. if im not mistaken astralis demonstrated it really well in the game against avangar where avangar went for 3 nade stack on B and stralis proceeded with a quick push into A with a player going balcony and shooting the short guy in the back. it's not like it never happens either. if im not mistaken the last time i've seen astralis lose on inferno (or maybe they were really close to losing, im not sure) was against mibr where mibr kept doing late b hits. basically they forfeited banana control and made presence in 2nd mid, apps forcing some utility off of A guys, then used utility to clear banana at around 1 min mark and then committed to a full B execute with whatever utility they had left. obviously that won't work every single time because astralis would adapt too and simply delay their B utility usage or reduce it to a flash and a smoke or whatever, but at least that's a good anti stratting approach and it worked for the most part.
2019-03-14 23:56
Countnorstrike is about getting headshots and understanding weapons. Just using good stratergy to win easy games is dumbing down the game we all will love. Astralis breaking honor code and winning all money and make the good team's quit building better teams.
2019-03-14 23:32
You got it wrong. I read this a few times and it still doesn't make sense. You write that "using good stratergy to win easy games is dumbing down the game" it is like saying using spices in food makes it bland ie. you're saying being clever makes the gaming dumb and that is incorrect. If anything Astralis is showing that with CS:GO there is more to it than being good with the guns and fast to aim, something that to me at least means the game is more intelligent than many, like you, want to make FPS games out to be.
2019-03-15 12:59
It was a bad troll attempt. I will admit it was neither funny or clever. ... ... However...was it really that difficult to spot?
2019-03-15 23:03
looked like average hltv comment to me
2019-03-16 14:09
Exactly, sadly it seems many that post here are closed to being trolls even without trying to be so. I do find my self wondering why I bother debating on hltv at all, since more often than not the level of debate is lacking a lot.
2019-03-16 15:05
Become disciplined in this game was not easy
2019-03-15 00:04
+1
2019-03-15 00:06
They are so professional and disciplined, but it is boring as fvck. My eyes hurt with every good team play they do. I want to see the real CS, not the robots' cs:go.
2019-03-15 00:22
To me the robots are those that do not think and instead just move around and shoots. Astralis has some real intelligence in how they play the game, this takes much more than being robots.
2019-03-15 13:01
 | 
Europe PlatinumToe 
Beyond stupid comment
2019-03-15 13:04
Real CS was always a team disciplined game, the days of running around in CSGO is over, if that's what you wanna see go watch a stewie2k stream in ESEA. It's funny, Ast have found the golden meta in CSGO, in 1.6 there was so much more variety of game styles.
2019-03-15 13:07
 | 
Russia baryga007 
then go watch mibr on WESG, oh wait...
2019-03-16 16:17
they are young kids most of them. what do you expect?
2019-03-15 00:36
 | 
Spain X4rly 
Astralis is just the team that has been together the longest now, all the others have wasted time making stupid roster changes and thinking that will solve the problem
2019-03-15 07:37
Someone had to be.
2019-03-15 07:44
I can not understan this also. Hunting the player, who has only USP. And next round have to buy, again.
2019-03-15 12:46
Because most of these new players are recruited through ESEA and FPL which is just a high level of running around in death match. Astralias have 5 selfless players they play for the team not for individual ego boosting or praise, none of them hold TAB all game like some of the "STAR" players. They're team work makes all the players look better than the are, there are probably 3 other teams or more with a better line up than them on a skill individual level. When Astralias one day falls off their confidence which one day will happen, teams can go back to running around again.
2019-03-15 13:04
that's why they're top1 atm, because they are the only team taking the game seriously and preparing well for it. Every other top tier team is just a mix which pretending to be a team compared to ast.
2019-03-15 13:10
cs is not more competitive
2019-03-16 13:52
 | 
Sweden Lagge15 
Yeah, I saw this the other day. 3 seconds on the clock and two CTs peak last T and shoot him. Why not just double Flash him and kill him after time?
2019-03-16 14:35
 | 
United States ferric 
False. Most top teams are disciplined and they only hunt if the enemy team has low money and they only lose 2 guns Max. Round win bonus is $3250 which is enough to drop an m4. 3 people can easily buy 2 people. It's worth hunting the.last guy especially if you are on the T side if your money is low as long as you only lose 2 people. That way you don't worry next round where that rifle or worse, where that awp is playing and.you can just do an easy default is pistols.
2019-03-16 15:00
Twistzz | 
Korea Jew2K 
This core has been around since the fnatic days and event then were a consistent semi-final team and barely dropped off. Their success is no coincidence and their longevity is insane. Say what you want about them (smoke, bug, boring, passive) but they seem like the first REAL counter-strike team that implements all the factors of the game so successfully. You can't expect other teams to replicate what Astralis have done instant. When Astralis drops from top1, it will be that they're playing bad, no that another team have reached their level
2019-03-16 16:23
 | 
Denmark meganice 
Because the other teams are lazy and arrogant. Thinking that there "talent" is enough to win. Work will always beat talent, but needless to say that talent + work is the best combo :)
2019-03-16 17:21
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.